Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Synopsis for the finale.

CastletonSnob

17 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Yeah it’s going to happen for sure! She is still evil alright!

You don't exactly have a great prediction record. ;)

1 hour ago, LookBehindYou said:

What...just no. Starlight turning evil again would not make any sense and would be stupid. It would mean that all the development and progress she got the past seasons was for nothing

We already know that isn't true anyway. She is confirmed for Season 8 and we have an animatic for a Season 8 episode that features her. No worries. 

As I alluded to above, crack theories never bother me, but stubbornness in the face of incontrovertible evidence can be frustrating. 

Either way, Starlight is definitely among the good guys in Season 8 -- confirmed. 

57 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Just gonna say

if the Pony of Shadows is voiced by Robert Carlyle (Rumple/Mr Gold from Once Upon a A Time) I would probably just die of excitement

Of course that is 99.9% not happening, it would be great.

His voice would be great as an animated villain, no doubt. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Jeric said:

You don't exactly have a great prediction record. ;)

We already know that isn't true anyway. She is confirmed for Season 8 and we have an animatic for a Season 8 episode that features her. No worries. 

As I alluded to above, crack theories never bother me, but stubbornness in the face of incontrovertible evidence can be frustrating. 

Either way, Starlight is definitely among the good guys in Season 8 -- confirmed. 

His voice would be great as an animated villain, no doubt. 

He is a fantastic actor, really gives a good sinister vibe when he is playing Mr Gold, Rumple is a lot more like Discord in personality. 

Still, if he voiced Pony of Shadows and Ian Mckellen voiced Starswirl, automatic favorite two parter :pinkie:

Edited by Ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Seriously, this could get dark and edgier in this one for sure! It could have betrayals and cliffhangers.

A 2 parter ending on a cliffhanger would be cool, I just don't see the show really doing it in a serious way.

How I see it going is Twilight becomes obsessed with freeing Starswirl and at the end of episodes despite warnings encouraging her not to free him, Twilights opens the way to Limbo and frees the Legends of Magic with Starswirl, as well as the Pony of shadows

TO BE CONTINUED

Part 2 is them dealing with that.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

A 2 parter ending on a cliffhanger would be cool, I just don't see the show really doing it in a serious way.

How I see it going is Twilight becomes obsessed with freeing Starswirl and at the end of episodes despite warnings encouraging her not to free him, Twilights opens the way to Limbo and frees the Legends of Magic with Starswirl, as well as the Pony of shadows

TO BE CONTINUED

Part 2 is them dealing with that.

Yep, that sounds pretty much how I see this going too. The resolution and TS and SStB interacting should be interesting. Like, do they send the Legends back to the limbo, their original times, or do they stay in present day Equestria/their own lands? 

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Yep, that sounds pretty much how I see this going too. The resolution and TS and SStB interacting should be interesting. Like, do they send the Legends back to the limbo, their original times, or do they stay in present day Equestria/their own lands? 

I am mostly interested in seeing how the Pony of Shadows will act, will be be sinister and creepy (something new) or someone overconfident and too quick to call a victory (tirek, Discord, Chrysalis) Or will he be more of a force with no real personality (Sombra)

Hoping for someone dark and sinister.

Of course Starswirl is one of the most exciting things here, but new villains are always so interesting to me. Mostly because MLP has a great track record with baddies.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

I am mostly interested in seeing how the Pony of Shadows will act, will be be sinister and creepy (something new)

This is what I'm hoping. Looking at Dubec's work she seems to do well writing for complex forward thinking villains. I'm hoping Pony of Shadows is one part Moriarty and one part Khan. Add some significant magic with a smart AF baddie and you have kick-ass on a plate. Season and serve. 

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This is what I'm hoping. Looking at Dubec's work she seems to do well writing for complex forward thinking villains. I'm hoping Pony of Shadows is one part Moriarty and one part Khan. Add some significant magic with a smart AF baddie and you have kick-ass on a plate. Season and serve. 

Ah! So even you noticed the similitaries with Dubuc's past shows in this synopsis. But yeah, I got that impression too.

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Ah! So even you noticed the similitaries with Dubuc's past shows in this synopsis. But yeah, I got that impression too.

As a Star Wars fan, she won my heart by nailing Grand Admiral Thrawn in her Rebels outing. That character is really beloved by most fans and his inclusion into the current canon made many of us anxious that they couldn't get him right. Only one author seemed to get his tendencies correct, and that was the guy who created him.

She did a phenomenal job at capturing both his remarkable intellectual side, while hinting at his latent ruthlessness while still making him somewhat honorable. Combining those last two traits is a hard thing to accomplish in fiction. 

I trust her to do some cool things with Pony of Shadows and Star Swirl. 

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Let's face it: Starlight is going to betray the Mane Six by becoming evil again...I know she's EVIL. Don't get me wrong, she must be double crossing Twilight and her friends.

It's not going to happen, it doesn't line up with that is happening in the synopsis at all and makes zero sense from a narrative standpoint.

17 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Let's face it: Starlight is going to betray the Mane Six by becoming evil again...I know she's EVIL. Don't get me wrong, she must be double crossing Twilight and her friends.

How did you come to this conclusion? I want to hear your logic and how you came to believe that she betrays them and then ...

Spoilers for Season 8, movie, and other stuff below

Spoiler

Is still hanging out with the Mane Six as a valued friend in the Season 8 Premier, chilling at the Festival of Friendship, and getting clearance to go with Sunset Shimmer to chill in their human world. 

Please reconcile the discrepancy. 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/27/2017 at 5:00 PM, Jeric said:

Add some significant magic with a smart AF baddie and you have kick-ass on a plate.

They did that with Sombra.

Problem was, we had to wait until the comics to get some personality to accompany the threat.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Problem was, we had to wait until the comics to get some personality to accompany the threat.

Yeah and those comics don't match up with the show so we never really got a good cannon Sombra origin. Which sucks.

But it's okay, I am confident the Pony of Shadows will be badass in every way!

1 minute ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

So I hear. 

I do expect some to wind up looking at the Pony of Shadows (assuming that they do that villain justice) as a possible glimpse into what Sombra could have been on the show had they gone a different direction. 

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

So I hear. 

I do expect some to wind up looking at the Pony of Shadows (assuming that they do that villain justice) as a possible glimpse into what Sombra could have been on the show had they gone a different direction. 

I wonder who'll voice the POS.

Personally, I'm hoping for Clancy Brown (since he's also my "What if?" pick for Sombra).

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

I wonder who'll voice the POS.

Personally, I'm hoping for Clancy Brown (since he's also my "What if?" pick for Sombra).

I could always use some more (good) Lex in my life!

Where do I even begin?

First, we have finally have the appearance of none other than Star Swirled the Bearded himself, a mythical figure in Equestrian history if there ever was one. Second, the Pony of Shadow, described as a shard of Nightmare Moon's power created during her banishment and previous a throwaway line in Castle Mania is now a Chekhov's Gun three years later. Third, the synopsis says "All of Equestria's Heroes", which could very well mean the stories Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash told in Campfire Tales could have been foreshadowing for this very moment. 

All in all, this points to being epic beyond all reason.

3 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

Where do I even begin?

First, we have finally have the appearance of none other than Star Swirled the Bearded himself, a mythical figure in Equestrian history if there ever was one. Second, the Pony of Shadow, described as a shard of Nightmare Moon's power created during her banishment and previous a throwaway line in Castle Mania is now a Chekhov's Gun three years later. Third, the synopsis says "All of Equestria's Heroes", which could very well mean the stories Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash told in Campfire Tales could have been foreshadowing for this very moment. 

All in all, this points to being epic beyond all reason.

Though I think the Pony of Shadows won't be a leftover from Nightmare Moon, I think Granny Smith just added some extra MMPH to that story she told AJ