Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Safe Port

Superwholock

The skies above were clear and blue, the seas below calm and and steady. Standing at the helm of The Ruthless Lass, Captain Virgil gazed out upon the ocean, breathing the salty air deep into his longs. The young stallion would never tire of this feeling, that of being a pirate. Although, the storm last night had been rather rough. They'd lost a few supplies, though thankfully the ship had escaped with only a few scrapes and minor injuries. They were all easily fixed and wouldn't stop the crew from making their way back to Puerto Seguro.

All was calm and right in his world.

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/170210-safe-port-ooc/

Last Night

Luna gazed out at the ocean over the bow.

I hope Crystal is all right...she hasn't sent a letter in so long.I miss her.

She turned at looked back at the spot where her island had faded into mist.They had left awhile ago,and would be nearing Equestria soon.At least that's what the sailors had told her.She looked up at the sky worriedly.There were gray clouds surrounding them,and when she expressed concern she was brushed off with the wave of a hoof.

They know more than me.It'll be fine.

Present Time

Luna glared at the waves threatening to come in and flood the reef she was on.

Everything is not alright.

"Pony ahead!" Scout, the lookout pony, called out. "Just off port side!"

"Joss, grapple," Virgil ordered, his moderate and commanding voice easily reaching to the pegasus in question. Joss salute and grabbed her grapple flying out on Scout's direction towards the stranded pony.

Luna's ears flicked,and she turned to see a ship approaching."Oh thank Celestia."she said,as a grappling hook thudded on the ground next to her.She walked toward it and grabbed ahold of it,as it towed her towards the ship.

Joss flew back towards the ship, carefully trailing the pony below her. A ladder was thrown down over the side for the pony to climb up as Joss landed on the railing, rope still clutched in her teeth. Several of the crew stood around the top of the ladder, one of them obviously being their healer, Alric, and his assistant, Aries.

Luna looked around her at who she assumed was the ships crew.She nodded her head,and said,"Thank you." gratefully.She glanced behind her,at her soaked and mangled mech. wings.She suppressed a small sigh.

At least I have more reason to upgrade them now.If I had tools....

Alric stepped forward to examine her for injuries. He was a rather old unicorn, though his healing knowledge was second to none. Aries was almost as skilled as his master. Said earth pony stepped forward with a blanket clutched in his teeth, tossing it over the rescued unicorn once Alric had finished his examination.

Virgil handed off the helm to his first mate, a dark maroon unicorn named Syren, and headed toward the bow where they were all gathered. His crew members stepped aside smoothly to admit him until he came to a halt before the rescued pony.

"Who are you and what happened?" Virgil asked.

-FYI, I know nothing about boat terms, so I'm looking a lot of these up. Sorry if they're wrong

She accepted the blanket,murmuring thank you to the pony who gave it to her.She looked up as Virgil approached."Who are you and what happened?"He asked.

"My name is Luna Eclipse.I was traveling to Equestria with a group of sailing merchants when that storm came in."She glanced around at the crew.From their faces,she guessed he was the captain.

"I take it you're the only survivor," Virgil concluded, not really waiting for a response. He turned to Alric, his commanding gaze prompting the healer to speak.

"She seems to be unharmed, though we should warm her up," he suggested. "No pony can be healthy after spending a night in the ocean."

Virgil nodded silent agreement which Alric took as permission to move along. He gestured for Luna to follow him and Aries as they headed below to the bunks and the infirmary.

Luna nodded and followed Virgil as they headed down to the deck below the one they were on."May I ask,what is your name?"She asked,the stallion she assumed was the captain,curiously.She cautiously stepped down the ladder after him.

-Virgil stayed above. Sorry if I made that confusing. I'm kinda brain dead today

"Name's Alric, my dear," the grey unicorn answered. "This is my assistant, Aries." The beige earth pony dipped his head in response as they entered the infirmary, Alric opening the door with his magic and holding it open while the other two entered.

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you."She walked through the door after Aries.She looked around the room she had entered,and her eyes widened."Oh,this must be the infirmary.I enjoy practicing healing magic.Or...I did..."Her voice trailed off,as she started thinking.

"...Sort of.It wasn't really official or anything,but everypony would come see me and my sister if they needed help with any kind of health problem they had.We also taught a lot of the unicorns on the island."Her eyes were lit up as she talked but then her ears drooped and she looked down at her hooves sadly.

"May I ask why you were going to Equestria? It seems as if you were doing well on your island," Alric asked as he passed a small hooftowel over to Aries. His assistant placed it in the pot of water while his master gave a dry one to Luna to clean herself off with.

She took the towel wordlessly,and began drying herself off. "...My sister.She left for Equestria quite a while ago...but I fear she has stopped sending letters.I try to see the best in things...but I cannot brush off the feeling that something is wrong."

"How long ago did your sister leave for Equestria?" Alric asked. He lifted the towel out of the boiling water and squeezed the excess out of it with his magic, passing it over to her with the instruction, "Place it over your neck. It'll help your body reach the right temperature."

She did so,and then answered his question. "A  few months ago.She would send me a letter every other day,but hasn't sent one for two weeks.If she missed just a few then okay, but...that long..."She fell silent,and then blushed. "I-I apologize.I just met you and....sorry.I didn't mean to trouble you."

Luna looked at him hopefully."I hope so.I'm worried about Crystal...I hope she's safe.Wherever she is..."

SeaSong swum under the reef,following the silver fish.If she remembered correctly,it was a Bream.She stroked it's scales absentmindedly,before turning and looking  where it brought her.Her eyes widened as she spotted,what seemed to be the hull of a ship. "What is it doing so close to the reef?"

"Why don't you get some rest in here?" Alric suggested. "I can guarantee you won't be disturbed."  

Aries preceded his master out while Alric waited for Luna's answer.

Above decks, Virgil had retaken the helm from Syren who now stood beside him.

"What do you plan to do about her?" the pegasus asked.

"Take her with us back home, find a way to get her where she was going," Virgil replied.

Luna smiled at Alric."Thank you."She stretched like a cat."I have to admit,I am a bit tired."

SeaSong slowly followed the wooden hull,curiosity causing her to do so as it moved along. "I've never seen something overlander so close before."

Alric chuckled. "She's all yours. You know where to find us if you need anything."

He turned and left, closing the door behind him and heading up to the main deck. He moved to join his captain and first mate at the helm.

"How is she?" Virgil greeted.

"She's resting and appears to be unharmed. She said she was heading to Equestria to find her missing sister," Alric informed him.

SeaSong swam until she was right underneath the hull,almost touching the wood.She peeked out from under it,catching a glimpse of somepony walking along the side before ducking back under."Who are they?"

"We'll see if we can get her back on her way once we reach port," Virgil said, confirming Alric's earlier statement. Scout reached them, having been relieved by the one of the other lookouts.

"Sea looks clear for now," he reported. Virgil nodded, giving Scout his leave.