Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Safe Port

Superwholock

Luna looked behind her one last time, feeling a sense of foreboding. 

Calm. Down. There are other explanations. ....There better be other explanations for her sake.

SeaSong was looking down, not looking, when she accidently bumped into sompony. She looked up, startled, to see a male Zebra. It looked like he had been scowling, but when she looked at him, he smiled brilliantly. "Sorry Miss. I wasn't looking where I was going."

A few more moments passed while the three waited for their meal. The trio of ponies playing by the fireplace took a break to resounding applause and someone put on an old jazz record to fill the background of the collection of ponies conversing and eating in the meal room. A young mare, no older than 13, trotted happily toward them, tray balancing on her back.

"Good even'n, Cap'n," she greeted as she served them, "Syren, and Miss. Anyth'n else I can get for you lot?"

"I'll take some coffee if you've got a pot on, Eloise," Syren answered.

"Comin' right up. Same for you, Virg?" Eloise asked, flicking her dark brown mane out of her dark green eyes with a small jerk of her head. Virgil nodded in confirmation and the young mare turned to Luna. "And you, Miss? Anyth'n you'd like to drink? Gov's got it all covered."

Luna's head jerked slightly as she was pulled out of her thoughts and she turned to face the mare. "Um, water would be fine."

SeaSong smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, it was my fault. I was just thinking about something." She looked down and saw a golden necklace on the ground. She levitated it up carefully. "Is this yours?"

"Be right back," Eloise promised, trotting back towards the kitchens to grab the drinks. Syren picked up a fry with his magic and popped it into his mouth. Eloise returned with their drinks, passed them out, then turned with a grin and headed off to check on another table. Virgil took a sip of his coffee, humming slightly I appreciation.

Luna stared at her water for a moment, before levitating it with her magic and drank a small amount. She lowered it and placed it back on the table.

The zebra's widened, and he swiftly grabbed the necklace, stashing it away in his saddlebag. "Yes...It belonged to a...friend."

The stallions turned to their food, Syren devouring his burger in a few quick bites before moving onto inhaling his fries.

"You're going to get a hernia one of these days," Virgil stated calmly, his voice emotionless. Syren grinned around a mouthful of fries, knowing that his friend was teasing him.

Luna took another drink, and ate a bit, smiling gently. 

Heh...guess I should've left a bit earlier.

Her smile faded a moment later.

I should have left with Moon. At least I would know what happened.

The necklace caught SeaSong's eye as it was put away, giving out a red flash as it caught the last remnants of light.

Luna bit her lip, thinking. "...I thought I saw something outside.But it couldn't have been what I thought it was because that would mean..." Her voice trailed off as she put a hoof to her neck, thinking about the golden necklace that had belonged to her sister.

She would never take it off. I was thinking about her, so I imagined it. Right?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 5:23 PM, Superwholock said:

Syren tilted his head curiously, urging her to continue. Virgil remained silent was well, taking another sip of his coffee.

When silence continued to reign, Syren decided to break it. "It would mean what?"

Luna hesitated another moment before speaking. "...I saw something that belonged to her. Something that she always kept with her. And she said she didn't stop here..." She trailed off again, hoping the stallions realized what she was saying.

((OOC: SO sorry I hadn't posted until now!))

"We're talking about your sister, right?" Syren asked. "My guess is she had a run in with some pony on her journey, got robbed and you just saw said pony with something of hers."

"Did you get a good look at them?" Virgil asked.

Luna frowned. "My sister...if you are right and she was robbed...then that is incredibly troubling." She tapped the table with her hoof absentmindedly. "I didn't quite see who it was. They were wearing a hooded cloak." 

• 2 weeks later...

"We could try catching up with them," Syren suggested, but his captain instantly shook his head.

"We'd never be able to find them in this crowd without knowing exactly who we're looking for," he pointed out. "Thousands of strange ponies come through daily and I'm sure many of them wear cloaks of some sort. Puerto Seguro lives up to its name." At this, he gave Syren a pointed look, causing the unicorn to look at the table and nod silently.

Luna watches the exchange silently. She stares at the table thinking. 

My sister was always extremely powerful, surpassing everyone back home. That's why she left in the first place, to try and learn something new. All of the things I have found...something has happened. But what?

"There's a chance you'll run into this pony again at some point," Virgil told her. "Just keep in mind that many ponies come here because they're running away from something."

"Yeah, so you gotta be unassuming in your approach," Syren joined in. "Otherwise you could spook 'em."

7 hours ago, Superwholock said:

"There's a chance you'll run into this pony again at some point," Virgil told her. "Just keep in mind that many ponies come here because they're running away from something."

"Yeah, so you gotta be unassuming in your approach," Syren joined in. "Otherwise you could spook 'em."

Luna gave the two a small smile. "That...is good advice. Thank you."

On 12/9/2017 at 5:05 AM, Superwholock said:

They nodded and returned to their meals.

"So, how long do you think you wanna stay here?" Syren asked.

Luna tapped her chin thinking. "I'm not sure. I know I at least need some time to rest and gather supplies. And fix my wings too."

Seasong looked towards the zebra's saddlebag curiously. "That is a very pretty necklace. You say it belonged to a friend?" She turned her eyes back to the zebra. "How did you get it?"

"We'll come by in the morning," Syren offered a he finished off his dinner, "and take you to the forge so you can get to work on it. Mar will probably bribe you into giving her your plans. She's always interested in new stuff like that."

Luna smiled lightly. "I wouldn't mind giving them to her. It's not like I'm trying to keep them a secret or anything."

The zebra stiffened at her question. "Ah...well I..." Seasong tilted her head. "You don't have to answer. I was just curious." The zebra glanced at her. His brow furrowed as he apparently tried to come to a decision about something.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/16/2017 at 10:32 PM, Superwholock said:

"We'll come by in the morning," Syren offered a he finished off his dinner, "and take you to the forge so you can get to work on it. Mar will probably bribe you into giving her your plans. She's always interested in new stuff like that."

((OOC: If you can't find the time to post, or don't want to continue then please tell me.))

-Sorry, got slammed with family plans and homework

"She'll be happy with that," Syren said as he and Virgil rose from the table, his captain tossing some bits on the table for a tip. "We'll see you tomorrow then."

On 1/5/2018 at 1:18 PM, Superwholock said:

-Sorry, got slammed with family plans and homework

"She'll be happy with that," Syren said as he and Virgil rose from the table, his captain tossing some bits on the table for a tip. "We'll see you tomorrow then."

Luna nodded at them, rubbing a hoof over her eye gingerly. "Alright."

Virgil dipped his head in farewell and turned to leave, weaving his way through the growing crowd of diners. Syren saluted with a hoof to Luna, a cheeky grin on his face, before taking off after his captain, apologizing occasionally for bumping into others.

"Syren." Virgil's voice could be heard chastising his first mate from where he stood in the doorway, frowning at the unicorn as he joined him.