Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jeric

So yeah, I waited until the movie came out to listen to all the songs(as I've only listened to "Off To See the World" and "Open Up Your Eyes") and damn it is really really close between "Time To Be Awesome" and "Open Up Your Eyes"

Also I really hope Hasbro releases "Pony Got the Beat" soon, that was an awesome way to kick things off

• Brohoof 2

My favorites were, in order (kinda): Open Your Eyes, One Small Thing and We Got This Together..

Open Your Eyes was the most emotional part of the movie for me. I felt so sad about Tempest's backstory and way the song showed how she turned that sadness into anger gave her a lot of dimension. And the song had a lot of power just on its own.

One Small Thing was such a treat because I love Kristen Chenoweth and pairing her with Pinkie is such a natural fit. They both have such great voices and hearing them both together was a major moment for me.

We Got This Together is just a great MLP song. It captures all the fun and happiness we've come to expect from Daniel Ingram's best material. It reminds me of the very best songs from the series and I just could not wipe the smile off my face while I sat there and listened to it.

"One Small Thing" was easily my favorite due to the amazing choreography, visuals, and the fact that Princess Skystar looks and sounds too damn cute.

"Open Up Your eyes" comes in at second due to it being emotionally impactful song detailing Tempest's loss and how she came to be.

Honorable mentions go to "I'm the Friend You Need" and "Rainbow".

The rest were alright but kind of blend in for me.

#1: One small thing was my favorite. As some one already pointed out GLINDA PONY! Cheneweth is wonderfully cute when ever she does anything. As I like to say her voice is "Brain Sugar" - And I knew there would be a Pinkie/Skystar Song, I just didn't expect it to be THAT good.

#2: Time to be awesome was wonderful! - I'm a huge fan of anything that has Rainbow Singing. She has such a wonderfully sassy rough voice. So cute tom boy in sound. And the song is so darn fun, the scene is cute also.

#3: Open up your eyes, Wow did anyone else get "hellfire" Vibes from this?

#4: I really was not feeling Diggs song even being a huge fan of his.

#5: We got this was cute, but thats about it.

#6: Off to see the world was really good, and the end thing was adorable. But over all its just a nice song, not really a good pony song.

#7: The Sai song was good, but again more a set piece. Just background.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, 18Gingasoldier said:

Of the 6 songs I've listened for far from this movie, I really liked:

1. We Got This Together

2. One Small Thing

3. Open Up Your Eyes

4. Rainbow

My least favorite is "I'm The Friend That You Need", mainly 'cause I'm personally not a fan of samba, nor did I find that much purpose for it. It's still catchy, though.

I like "Time to be Awesome" a bit better, as it sounds epic, and makes a bit more sense in the story. I just prefer listening the other four songs, but this one is growing on me.

1. open up your eyes is one of the best villain song ever 

2. said they didn't put Off to see the world in the movie.

3.We got this seems like a classic song from the mane 6.

1. " I'm the friend you need: very catchy and memorable.
  2. "open your eyes": Dark and get this powerful vibes from it.
  3. "Rainbow": very nice and well-done

Outside the rating: "Time to be awesome"  Okay it was good and catchy, but I was hoping for captain Celeano and her crew to lead the song and then rainbow dash can come in. And a little more of a folkish tune to it.  So it was kinda of a blend side for me, I was looking forward for an old folk pirate song instead of a mixed modern folk song..

I mean they are priate,  and so stereotypically priate like singing.,, so it would make sense for them to start  the song. 

Edited by TBD

• 4 weeks later...

You can say I am biased, but One Small Thing was my favorite.  I love Pinkie Pie's songs in general.  Her Laughter Song in the second episode was the whole reason I fell in love with MLP, and Pinkie Pie, so it does make sense that I would love her song in the movie. I was a bit disappointed that the movie didn't have each of the main six prominently featured in a song, since Rarity is my second favorite of the main six, not my second favorite pony, that honor belongs to Maude Pie.  Saying that, It's Time To Be Awesome has to be my second favorite.  I am a classically trained musician, and I can honestly say that none of the other songs stuck with me, they just didn't hit me where it counts.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The whole soundtrack was Awesome!

Being a huge country fan, I was surprised Lukas Nelsons' "Neighsayer" wasn't my favourite. In fact the movie soundtrack made me a fan of Sia. I HATE pop music with a passion yet somehow Sia's songs are amazing! 

Out of the songs that were in the movie, my favourite is a toss up between rainbow and time to be awesome 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, StitchandMLPlover said:

Deleted song from the soundtrack featured here 

Huh. I really don't understand why this wasn't the song used for the movie intro. It just catches the feel of the show so much more than Ponies got the Beat. :mlp_huh:

• 3 months later...

I really enjoyed all the songs from the soundtrack. Off To See The World was my favorite though. It's actually my favorite song right now. It really spoke to me because I recently moved and the song really spoke to me and the experiences I was about to have with moving across the country with all my things in my little car. The rest of the songs are super catchy and I really enjoyed all of them. I really enjoyed Rainbow but I can see where people are coming from about it not really being on the same levels as the other songs. It really does feel like Hasbro was scrambling for a celebrity appeal. Don't get me long, I adore Sia and all her songs but I think it feels the most out of place of all the songs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 3:45 PM, dragonargon said:

The critics didn't like the songs at all.

The way Rainbow Dash would say, "Except for Rainbow by Sia, which was awesome!"

Rainbow by Sia is the only reason I have anything to do with MLP The Movie.

• 1 year later...

The sound is quite analog, instruments being trapped somehow behind microphones. I think it is not the greatest mix. But the Daniel Ingram catchyness is all there, making up for it!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...