Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ChB

Anyone else liked Sesame Street? I loved Sesame Street, when I was very little.

There were a lot of good songs, but there were also quite a few songs that I really underappreciated, for I didn't know what they were references to, until I got older.

Examples include "Letter B," a beautiful reference to one of the most famous Beatles songs:

"Honk Around the Clock," a nice reference to Bill Haley's song, "Rock Around the Clock"

"ZZ Blues" a possible reference to ZZ Top's song, "Sharp Dressed Man"

"We're All Monsters," a reference to racial diversity:

"Frazzle," a possible reference to people with mental disabilities, and social acceptance thereof.

...and so on and so forth!

My favorite character is Cookie Monster, and these are my favorite songs, sung by him:

What about you? What are your favorite songs, characters, and/or moments?

Any songs that you once disliked at first watch, but then came to like more, later on?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I myself enjoyed some parts of Sesame Street but I think I was too young to properly love and appreciate it. But me and my siblings loved to watch the "Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game" since we have the CD. Not to mention we enjoyed it.

Though my sister is like a big fan. She still watches it on You Tube.

I remember loving Cookie Monster, probably because of how he loves to eat everything. I believe I find it super hilarious. But I also grew to like Oscar. I now find him quite... relatable.

I am not too sure if I have a favourite song. I can't recall at the moment. Nor any specific favourite moment/episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2017 at 3:07 PM, Lulaypp said:

I remember loving Cookie Monster, probably because of how he loves to eat everything. I believe I find it super hilarious. 

I know, right?! Here's are some of my favorite Cookie Monster videos, involving him eating everything:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some of my favorite stuff from the show does include the Cookie Monster in Run DMC outfits that someone mentioned, that just cracks me up.

But how about this parody of something by Huey Lewis?

But the one I always seemed to enjoy was this one.

• Brohoof 2

On 2/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, Northern Light Flyer said:

Some of my favorite stuff from the show does include the Cookie Monster in Run DMC outfits that someone mentioned, that just cracks me up.

But how about this parody of something by Huey Lewis

But the one I always seemed to enjoy was this one.

Cool! I never seen the first one before. Well sung parody.

I've seen the latter video before, though! I thought that song was weird at first, but came to like it as I watched it more and more. 

That question... "How can just one word, just two letters keep so much from getting done?" gets me all philosophical in my head lol. 

1 hour ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Out of curiosity I went ahead and watched some of the very first episode. It's definitely interesting to see how far it's come.

Nice to see how the theme song was originally sung and filmed. The pictures fit the lyrics, a lot more. :) 

27 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Dance Myself to Sleep" is my favorite song from Sesame Street. *Ernie laugh* :P

I wonder if Sweetie's Belle's remix of "Hush Now Quiet Now" is inspired by that song. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes. Sesame Street was my goto show as a kid. I always looked forward to Elmo's World. That was by far my favorite part. I also love how they featured some of the best musicians and groups on the show, which really brought it home for me. Still trying to look for that one gospel-like rendition of the alphabet song...it's probably on youtube. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, ChB said:

Cool! I never seen the first one before. Well sung parody.

I've seen the latter video before, though! I thought that song was weird at first, but came to like it as I watched it more and more. 

That question... "How can just one word, just two letters keep so much from getting done?" gets me all philosophical in my head lol. 

Nice to see how the theme song was originally sung and filmed. The pictures fit the lyrics, a lot more. :) 

I wonder if Sweetie's Belle's remix of "Hush Now Quiet Now" is inspired by that song. 

Mmm-hmm. Pretty nice touch.

That reminds me of another show I used to watch on KTCA that I just made a thread about.

• Brohoof 2