Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Shorts - Coinky Dink and Good Vibes

ShootingStar159

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

YAY, SUSHI SUNNY :yay: . The song of the first was pretty funny, and Sunny and Flashy seem to will be a thing again :D 

I'll bet we'll see more of that in the yt series next year.

Does anyone know if they are the last shorts? 'Cause if they aren't, let me know.

These two shorts revealed the rest of the humane 6's occupations(applejack's and Fluttershy's we already know theres)in the human dimension.

4 hours ago, Cahead2015 said:

Does anyone know if they are the last shorts? 'Cause if they aren't, let me know.

These two shorts revealed the rest of the humane 6's occupations(applejack's and Fluttershy's we already know theres)in the human dimension.

I don't know. We went from 2 shorts pero week, to no shorts for a month or so. In fact, these two shorts came as a complete surprise to me. Plus there's no word if more shorts are coming, but I can tell you we have yet to see the girls in swimwear whose toys have been announced weeks ago. Then again, those could be for the upcoming YouTube series

I had to wait a while before I could watch these two though the footage had pretty poor sound quality. I'll need to watch both again with better sound to appreciate the lyrics but what I can say about them is that certain concepts became canon even if they were just songs. I can already foresee fanart of Sunset working as a sushi delivery person in addition to her being with Flash Sentry based on what we saw at the end,

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I don't know. We went from 2 shorts pero week, to no shorts for a month or so. In fact, these two shorts came as a complete surprise to me. Plus there's no word if more shorts are coming, but I can tell you we have yet to see the girls in swimwear whose toys have been announced weeks ago. Then again, those could be for the upcoming YouTube series

I would be surprised if that ware to happen.

In the good vibes short how did Trixie teleport in this dimension, she no magic at all, I would like some answers on how she did it.

23 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I had to wait a while before I could watch these two though the footage had pretty poor sound quality. I'll need to watch both again with better sound to appreciate the lyrics but what I can say about them is that certain concepts became canon even if they were just songs. I can already foresee fanart of Sunset working as a sushi delivery person in addition to her being with Flash Sentry based on what we saw at the end,

You forget to mention the rest of the humane 7's occupations

Edited by Cahead2015

21 minutes ago, Cahead2015 said:

Actually no there's still one more left, I think it's the one where they go swimming.

The what now? I don't know what are you talking about, there was nothing of such in the previews. If you are referring to something related to the beach set I don't think we'll see it soon.

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

The what now? I don't know what are you talking about, there was nothing of such in the previews. If you are referring to something related to the beach set I don't think we'll see it soon.

I was just speculating. Plus it wasn't me that had known about this, there was someone else that did, I can't remember his name

Edited by Cahead2015

I just saw these today along with Getting the Show on the Road and Leaping Off the Page, both of which are great IMHO.  As for these two shorts, I really like Good Vibes as it has a Pay it Forward vibe but with a better ending.  The other one...eh, it isn't bad.  I guess I don't really have much fondness for 1950s music though as I'm not super into the song itself.  Oh well, I guess it's cute and harmless.  

my god my heart just melted when Sunset ruffled Flash's hair <3 really shipping hard now. Flash has grown on me too. I love that short. Also pushing more Bulk Shy shipping ^^ I found it rather amusing that Dash works in a sports shop....... if anyone knows of Sports Direct stores, its notoriously the worst retail company to work for, poor Dash.  

I cant say I enjoyed Coinky Dink very much. just a sub par Pinkie one really. *shrugs* 

After thinking for a while, I have no trouble saying it: Good Vibes is the best thing that EG ever pulled out. At least for me. There is something in this short/song that just clicks me in multiple ways. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

After thinking for a while, I have no trouble saying it: Good Vibes is the best thing that EG ever pulled out. At least for me. There is something in this short/song that just clicks me in multiple ways. 

I still think Monday Blues is better in terms of relatibility and mood, but after looking at it a little more, yeah it's definitely one of the better musical shorts we've gotten. Its mostly all the various little touches we get, like Sunset ruffling Flash's hair, that sell it for me, and the overall way the song plays out is definitely a fitting way to wrap up the Summertime Shorts (assuming this is the last one).

Also, I find it very ironic that Sunset gets new shoes here when she and the others are about to have a complete wardrobe change.

On 9/23/2017 at 3:48 AM, Cahead2015 said:

Since summertime's already over, I'm pretty sure it's very likely they are the last ones.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've finally caught up on these, as well as "Leaping Off the Page" (fun), "Get the Show on the Road" (fantastic) and "Epic Fails" (not great). These two are probably among my favourites of the lot - "Coinky-Dink World" is still slightly too mundane for my taste, but it's less so than "Monday Blues" and "Shake Things Up!," and it sounds every bit as fantastic. I'm still a bit grumpy that these are giving the mane six jobs so unlike their Equestrian counterparts, but I'm growing increasingly comfortable with Equestria Girls as being "My Little Pony but even more modern" instead of "My Little Pony but mundane." I guess you can't expand the latter premise too much further with this target demographic. Besides, it's kinda a nice tonic for the increasing celebrity of the mane six in Friendship is Magic. These musical shorts are much more consistent than the non-musical ones, although a few of those are decent fun as well. 

"Good Vibes," though? Possibly my favourite Equestria Girls thing since "Rainbow Rocks," and when it has "Get the Show on the Road" as competition, that's saying something. I think the sound of this one is less adventurous than any of the other musical shorts (I mean, "Get the Show on the Road" had a cheesy rap verse), but it completely steps away from the mundane lyrics and goofiness of the other ones and it's just got that nice upbeat vibe which I like from this franchise's more lyrically vague music numbers. It does sound kinda like a rejected "Rainbow Rocks" song, but that's not exactly a complaint on my part. Some of these feel like they were beamed from an alternate dimension where Equestria Girls kept the band focus, and I'm fine with that.