Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media September 23rd is happening!

Techno Universal

I find the doomsday stuff to be hilarious, especially this time. The main focus this time around is that a planet-sized object will hit the Earth. Pretty sure NASA would have seen this large object by now. They have the big telescopes and such. I really don't get humanity's obsession with its own destruction.

• Brohoof 6

My coworker has been talking to me about how it's the end of times for the past few weeks now and I got to say I'm pretty disappointed. :(
I was mega hyped.

• Brohoof 4

"[A]ccording to most religions out there" - What religions? I've never heard of this before.

Besides, I'm not worried. The world didn't end in 2000. It didn't end in 2006. It didn't end in 2011. It didn't end in 2012.

• Brohoof 5

It's still 1 and a half hours until the end of the world for me... I love how they don't factor time zones into the mix... 

I really don't understand why people freak out in and why they only freak out on this day.

Nothing bad can happen except for september 23 that day...

Spoiler

We're all going to die

Spoiler

Apparently...

• Brohoof 3

First time I'm hearing about this. Google, your thoughts?

A quick search reveals that the guy who said all this, naturally, rescinded his claims that the world was going to end on September 23 when Planet X/Nibiru crashed into the planet and caused an extinction level event. Ignoring the fact that we would certainly know if a planet-sized mass was hurtling towards us, he was quoted as saying:

“The world is not ending, but the world as we know it is ending,” he told the Washington Post. “A major part of the world will not be the same the beginning of October.”

Translation: "I'm full of bull, but I want people to think I was right so they'll give me money." Just like nearly every other single person who has ever predicted the world will end, and yet we're still here. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 4

That was today? I never realized, huh....

13 hours ago, zenyatta said:

My coworker has been talking to me about how it's the end of times for the past few weeks now and I got to say I'm pretty disappointed. :(
I was mega hyped.

Why do you always kill me with your Orb of Discord, zenny?

Ignoring the part about a planet colliding with the Earth, this year hasn't been great so far. We have had a hurricane destroy Houston, a hurricane hit Florida, huge earthquakes in Mexico, and the threat of a nuclear war. Did I miss anything? I am not saying this confirms anything, but things aren't exactly good right now. 

• Brohoof 1