Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sinister Soil

GoldieS

@Biohazarddallas @Driz @silvermoon15000 @Techno Universal @Star48955

Evenings in Canterlot had taken on an entirely different form since everything started. Daytime was like some grey blur where anything could be standing just outside one's vision, while during nighttime, something could be standing right in front of you, and you wouldn't see it until it was too late. That's what everyone feared at least. 

Ponies were going missing at an alarming rate, not just in Canterlot, but all of Equestria. Some claimed cultists were responsible, others monsters. No one could link it all together, no one even knew what was going on to begin with. The guards... even the alicorns struggled for answers. Now there were only two options left; venture dangerously into the uknown mystery, or huddle in the dark by a fireplace. 

--- 

The Stubby Unicorn was an Inn inside Canterlot proper, just off the main street. It was a quaint three story stone building with wooden frames, and windows only in the front on the first floor. It was big enough to fit plenty of travelers, and it catered in house as well. On the first floor was a restaurant of sorts, a place where anyone could come and go as they pleased. Just lounge about or eat, the owner didn't really mind one way or the other. 

The main room was a large hall with wooden rafters, and a hot fire pit lined with brick in the center. It cast an orange glow across the booths lining the walls, some under the windows facing out into the nerve raking darkness. Dozens of smaller tables crowded the center of the room itself, while at the back was the bar and open kitchen. The cooks were busy whipping up something spicy for a few of the patrons. 

Whether or not they came to escape the frightening darkness, to find a place to rest for the night, or simply wanted somewhere to collect their thoughts, the Stubby Unicorn welcomed all who entered through its two wooden front doors. Even to the ponies who had already lost someone to the abominable madness sweeping across the kingdom. 

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/170285-sinister-soil-rp-closed-slots-filled/#comment-5035775
  • Brohoof 1

Elias sat at a small table in the corner, slowly nursing a glass of scotch. And mulling over a peculiar amulet he'd come across during his travels. It was blackened silver, cracked diagonally down its face with strange symbols carved on its surface. "Alright you wanker, why are you mucking about up here of all places?" He mutters to himself before taking another swig. This kind of activity hadn't happened in ages. Demons usually keep a pretty low profile. Sure they posess a few ponies here and there but not terrorize an entire country for an extended period of time.

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 2

StarSnow looked around the place from a shadowed table far from the fire.She felt her skin,shivering at the icy layer of fur on her coat.She needed cold.Literally.She had...well not hated exactly,but disliked warmth.That was why she had started practicing ice magic.She was stronger the colder she was.She knew most ponies liked heat though,so she kept her ice bubble small,and contained around herself.She glanced at her glass,now almost completely ice.The ponies who ran the place were a bit surprised she merely asked for water, though they had still obliged.She levitated it up,and took a small sip of the freezing liquid.

Edited by Star48955
  • Brohoof 2

@Star48955

Elias closed his eyes, and reached out with his senses. The usual buzz of mystical energy that equestria had seeping though it's land clouded his mind for a moment but he had learned to ignore it. He focused his thoughts, searching for any residual demonic influence coming from the amulet. He got more than expected, and not just from the locket. Dark energy hummed all around him, he could sense the fear, pain, and uncertainty that the populace was going through. The kinds of emotions that a demon would call an all you can eat buffet. "It's worse than I thought." He said to himself and as he canceled his magic detection he noticed a  certain unicorn lurking in the opposite corner of the room. "Ice magic huh luv, interesting."

• Brohoof 2

Techno was sitting at a table in the main room and he was examining the massive cape he had found on one of his recent expeditions and he had taken it off and put it on the table that he was sitting at. The cape was permanently attached a metal collar (The collar that Techno usually wears in other RPs) and it was around five meters long and it was navy blue with what looked like blue cercit patterns on it. It was something that Techno had never seen before but according to the letter that he found with the cape it said it had magical properties and the wearer will be able to control the cape's movement and fabric properties through their minds. The cape was made out of an unknown fabric that was already really soft and warm but it could also be like a shield as the cape had the ability to repair itself if it got damaged but it would take a few seconds for it to start repairing itself after it has sustained damage...

TU: This is such an interesting cape I found. I absolutely love it but still it could also really help me in the future by how it has magical properties. Plus I literally just randomly came across this cape while I was walking through a cave a couple of days ago!

(Techno doesn't know what the patterns on the cape are plus the cape isn't technology related except for the patterns printed on it. :) )

• Brohoof 3

Silvermoon sat in the back of the inn, his mind at ease, he was afraid of these demons, but when it came to summoning magic you learned a few things about the hell-bent creatures. He looked down at the cloak he was wearing, thoughts invaded his mind,

"A demon attack this large means a cult is involved, but why now and what do they want," he told himself as he levitated a glass of water to his lips.

"Hmmmm"

• Brohoof 2

StarSnow shuddered as her magic entered her by way of the drink.She put a hoof to her head,dizzy,as it began coursing through her veins.To anypony watching her,it would seem that she felt cold.But she didn't.It just felt...pleasant.Invigorating.She almost smiled.But the times were too dark for that,and the thought vanished.She leaned back against the chair,thinking about all that had happened.

• Brohoof 1

@Biohazarddallas @Star48955 @Biohazarddallas @silvermoon15000

One of the cooks, a stout beefy yellow earth pony with a bit of stubble stepped out from around the counter at the front. He was holding a pitcher of ice water, moving towards Elia's table with a nervous look in his eyes. 

"Excuse me, sir?" The pony looked the strange grey feline up and down, it reminded him of a diamond dog, but he was sure it was one with more fur than he'd ever seen on one. "Sorry to bug you, but you mind putting that... thing away? Ponies don't like things like that nowadays. Looks... ah, suspicious I guess. Lot of strange things happening around, and I'm not in the mood to have a bunch of vigilantes chase you out cus they think you're a cultist or something."

The cook gestured to the amulet, before moving on to Star with the water. "Here you go, put more Ice in this one." He said as he poured Star some more water. 

He went down the line to Silver next, raising a brow at the other pony. "Here, since you aint order nothing yet." The cook said, placing a glass of water on the table in front of Silver. 

"Uhm, sir?" The cook said as he walked over to Techno next. "Don't you think that things a little big? You're dragging it on the ground, it's goanna get dirty." He commented, referring to Techno's cape before walking back to the kitchen. 

• Brohoof 1

TU: Though this cape would probably really help me in fighting monsters out there. Even though my behaviour literally changes to be like the monsters during battle and my eyes glow red. It's like I naturally fight those monsters with their own powers but it's just one of the unexplainable parts of me!

@GoldieS

Techno then looked up at the cook...

TU: Well to be honest this cape has never gotten dirty by what I've seen as it keeps itself clean. It's because it has magical properties.

(So maybe we could get some interaction going with Techno in a moment! :) )

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 2

@Star48955

"I was just leaving anyway."Elias told the cook as he got up after finishing his last drop of scotch. He put on his coat, slipped the locket into his pocket and started toward the door. But on his way there, he turned and decided to pay a visit to the unusual unicorn ice mage in the corner. He made his way over, leaned against a wooden roof support pillar and put on his most charming smile. "So luv, what's an ice mage like you doin in a warm and cosy place like this?"

• Brohoof 2

@Techno Universal 

3 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

"Uhm, sir?" The cook said as he walked over to Techno next. "Don't you think that things a little big? You're dragging it on the ground, it's goanna get dirty." He commented, referring to Techno's cape before walking back to the kitchen. 

• Brohoof 1

@Star48955

"Can't say I'd blame ye, it's pretty dreadful out there. And I don't mean weather. Do you mind?" He asks gesturing to an open chair at her table and without waiting for an answer, sits down. "So since you're obviously a fellow magic user, I'd assume you've felt it too. The odd whispers here and there, shadows moving out of the corner of yer eye. Little voices in yer head telling you to do terrible things, dispite never even considering or encountering those thoughts before. Ponies you've known yer whole life suddenly changing personalities, becoming abusive, violent even. Anything like that ring a bell?"

(ooc) last post of the night im afraid. Will pick this up when I can in the morning. 

• Brohoof 2

She looked down. "...Yes.I did however cast a spell that stops some of it.Not all of it though..." She looked back at Elias. "Since you know my reason for being here,I think it would only be fair if you told me your's."She raised her steaming glass,taking another sip,shivering as she did.

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

She looked down. "...Yes.I did however cast a spell that stops some of it.Not all of it though..." She looked back at Elias. "Since you know my reason for being here,I think it would only be fair if you told me your's."She raised her steaming glass,taking another sip,shivering as she did.

@Biohazarddallas

Techno then got up to use the bathroom for a moment and when he finished he happened to sit right at the table where Elias and Star were sitting and he was still examining his cape at the table. He also was carrying his cape around with him and he hadn't put it on since he entered the inn...

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 2

The doors leading inside the inn swung open in an abrupt motion. As an immediate follow-up, a pink unicorn mare suddenly flew towards the location's interior, promptly closing shut the doors behind her. She proceeded to lean her back against them until she felt safe and sound again: she was breathing rapidly and her eyes were shot wide.

Her eyes danced around, inspecting every inch and corner of the room she found herself in: the main bar area of an inn, with a few ponies already occupying the nearby tables. Sighing in relief, after a couple of seconds, her expression began dissolving in what seemed to be sheer relief. She slid her back down across the door until her flank hit the wooden planks on the ground and drooped her head forward. Not too long after that, she began laughing joyfully.

"Ohohohoh, DUDE!! Just what in the world is going on in this town-- It's, like, you can't see your hoof in front of your own face! Like you're going blind or something... Phew... Thought that was about the end of little old me just there." Lory Vox chuckled heartedly, speaking to nopony in particular. Her rugged garbs and stained, unclean appearance suggested she'd been travelling for quite some time. Strapped to the saddlebag on her back, rested a rudimentary-looking steel pipe. Despite those aspects, the smile plastered on her face was genuinely merry.

Lory shook off some of the dust on her coat and stepped forward into the inn. Not paying much mind to the others, she directed herself towards the bar counter.

"Hey there!" She placed a hoof onto the counter and waved the other around in an attempt to call the attention of whoever was in charge. "Shoot me a good, cracking-cold apple cider, friend." She requested, taking a seat.

• Brohoof 2

@Star48955 @Techno Universal

Elias nodded his head. "Just trying to get to the bottom of whatever's happening over 'ere. Been fight'n these things everyday since I was 17. Never seen this kind of activity before, and that worries me. You can call me Elias by the way." He said as he stretched out his paw for a hoofshake. Just then, a blue unicorn examining an unusual cape sat down at their table. Elias turned in the direction of the newcomer, a look of irritation on his face. "Oi, are ye drunk or just too daft to notice that we're having a conversation 'ere!" 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Biohazarddallas said:

@Star48955 @Techno Universal

Elias nodded his head. "Just trying to get to the bottom of whatever's happening over 'ere. Been fight'n these things everyday since I was 17. Never seen this kind of activity before, and that worries me. You can call me Elias by the way." He said as he stretched out his paw for a hoofshake. Just then, a blue unicorn examining an unusual cape sat down at their table. Elias turned in the direction of the newcomer, a look of irritation on his face. "Oi, are ye drunk or just too daft to notice that we're having a conversation 'ere!" 

Techno was extremely focused on the cape but after a few seconds he clicked and quickly looked over at Elias...

TU: Ohh whoops. I just got mesmerised by examining this massive cape here I found in a cave the other day. It's also attached to the back of this metal collar here and apparently this cape has magical properties so it's actually quite special in a way.

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Techno was extremely focused on the cape but after a few seconds he clicked and quickly looked over at Elias...

TU: Ohh whoops. I just got mesmerised by examining this massive cape here I found in a cave the other day. It's also attached to the back of this metal collar here and apparently this cape has magical properties so it's actually quite special in a way.

"I don't care if you pulled up from tartarus itself. An I could sense the magic when you walked over 'ere. Now, if ye got nothing useful to add about what's going on then piss off." Elias said as he leaned back in his chair.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Biohazarddallas said:

"I don't care if you pulled up from tartarus itself. An I could sense the magic when you walked over 'ere. Now, if ye got nothing useful to add about what's going on then piss off." Elias said as he leaned back in his chair.

TU: Well really I'm what you could call one of the more powerful ponies out there. Like I've taken down some of the biggest monsters out there plus there was some other red pony who was a monster that I took down to get this cape! Like that other pony was likely after this cape to as he was going into the cave where I found this cape when I saw him. He just instantly turned hostile on me but I took him down after a quick battle only to find this cape in the cave plus there was even a paper booklet in there with information on the cape and it was strangely enough titled User manual like if it was an instruction manual on a machine. Though I have no idea what these strange patterns on the cape are but they must be something completely new as I've never heard of or seen these patterns before.

(The patterns are actually blue cercuit board patterns that are all over the cape. :) )  

• Brohoof 2

StarSnow looked at Techno,then at Elias.She shrank her ice bubble,so it was only around her.She stretched a bit,and then looked straight at Techno. "You seem cheery.Not very common among people anymore."  She levitated her,now mostly ice magic,water up,again taking a drink.She shivered,and looked around the room as her two table companions continued to talk.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow looked at Techno,then at Elias.She shrank her ice bubble,so it was only around her.She stretched a bit,and then looked straight at Techno. "You seem cheery.Not very common among people anymore."  She levitated her,now mostly ice magic,water up,again taking a drink.She shivered,and looked around the room as her two table companions continued to talk.

Techno then turned to Star...

TU: Well really it's like I'm one of the last ponies remaining who are cheery and comedic. Like the toilet pooped on me the other day and that's just an old joke! Anyways I wonder what you think of this massive cape I found in a cave a couple of days ago. It's apparently got magical properties so it can't get dirty and it's also self repairing by what I've seen but it could probably do a number of other things like when I'm wearing it I could maybe move it with my mind!

• Brohoof 2

StarSnow turned back to Techno. "Toilet......Nope.I don't want to know." She then looked at the cape.She raised a hoof,and felt the fabric. "Magic?Hmm,yeah I can feel that... Although it does seem a little large."She leaned back, "It certainly raises quite a few questions in my mind."

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Star48955 said:

StarSnow turned back to Techno. "Toilet......Nope.I don't want to know." She then looked at the cape.She raised a hoof,and felt the fabric. "Magic?Hmm,yeah I can feel that... Although it does seem a little large."She leaned back, "It certainly raises quite a few questions in my mind."

TU: Yeah I've also noticed the fabric is completely unknown and it's really soft and warm. Though apparently according to the note that I found with the cape it's extremely large so it can be completely wrapped around the wearer to hide them plus it's also to be something that we can play with for comfort. Though this cape might actually be really helpful in battle as it could behave like a shield plus you could even use it to grab your enemies and throw them. I've already tested a lot of thease things myself in the last two days but still what's really interesting is the patterns on the cape. Like thease strange blue line patterns that connect to large dots seem really mysterious and new like I've never heard of or seen patterns like this before.

(Techno is referring to the blue cercit patterns on the cape but he doesn't actually know what they are! :) ) 

• Brohoof 2