Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sinister Soil

GoldieS

Just now, Biohazarddallas said:

The cat recoiled from the mare's right hook. He groaned and glanced at Lory, spitting blood and adjusting his jaw as he did so. "You mind telling me what that was for?" He asked Lory.

Just now, GoldieS said:

One of the guards rushed over to push Lorry back, the same big fellow before that gave her the gloves. He really didn't move to scold her, especially after what had happened. Instead, he merely pushed Elias back to make sure he didn't do something foolish in response. 

Ozzie pulled back a little in surprise, trying to parse together why she felt like hitting him. Then again, he was fairly certain Elias probably deserved it in some fashion. 

"Get those two out of here!" Varoyer snapped, gesturing for them to leave, prompting several other guards to surround the two. "We don't have time for this! If you're not on the command team, LEAVE!" 

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT THAT WAS FOR, YOU GODDAMN MONSTER!!" The crazed Lory screamed at the top of her lungs. She fought against the guard's attempts at seizing her, like a rabid dog on a leash, wanting desperately to approach Elias once again.

"Did you enjoy sacrificing all of those lives? Huh!? DID YOU ENJOY IT!?" She furiously questioned. "How bucking proud must you be working with those hellish freaks. How BUCKING proud!!... Next time tell your friends to kill two birds with one stone and devour Equestria whole already! Buck, why wait, am I right!?... GO AHEAD!! Summon more demons right now! Just try and drag me down to hell as well, I bucking DARE you!!" She unceasingly taunted.

At that point, she began running out of breath. Likewise, her eyes became moist, reflecting the throne room's light with passion.

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Star48955 @Techno Universal @Driz @MARSOC @Biohazarddallas

"Your highness, if I might offer a suggestion?" The captain interjected. "You commissioned a group of ponies, and that cat, earlier to investigate all these phanomenone, correct? Why don't we just send them the town in question? That way the guard and investigators can focus on the important things." 

The others nodded mostly in agreement. 

Just about everyone in the room jumped at Lorry's sudden outburst. They turned to look at the two, eyeing Elias with renewed suspicion. 

"You're summoning demons?" The guard holding Lorry rose a brow. 

"A cultist! Someone apprehend that cat!" Another shouted. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

Luna narrowed her eyes slightly. She cast a number of spells on Lory and Elias. A force field appeared around them, and it had a mute spell on it,so nopony could see or hear them. Although she did keep a spell ready to restrain Lory if need be.

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

Luna narrowed her eyes slightly. She cast a number of spells on Lory and Elias. A force field appeared around them, and it had a mute spell on it,so nopony could see or hear them. Although she did keep a spell ready to restrain Lory if need be.

Techno was tuned to Luna...

TU: Yeah maybe I should work on the spell as it's something I used to do back before the outbreak.

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, Driz said:

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT THAT WAS FOR, YOU GODDAMN MONSTER!!" The crazed Lory screamed at the top of her lungs. She fought against the guard's attempts at seizing her, like a rabid dog on a leash, wanting desperately to approach Elias once again.

"Did you enjoy sacrificing all of those lives? Huh!? DID YOU ENJOY IT!?" She furiously questioned. "How bucking proud must you be working with those hellish freaks. How BUCKING proud!!... Next time tell your friends to kill two birds with one stone and devour Equestria whole already! Buck, why wait, am I right!?... GO AHEAD!! Summon more demons right now! Just try and drag me down to hell as well, I bucking DARE you!!" She unceasingly taunted.

At that point, she began running out of breath. Likewise, her eyes became moist, reflecting the throne room's light with passion.

47 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

After the force field closed completely  around them, Elias spoke. "Luv, I don't know where you got those ideas but I did not have anything to do with whatever happened. I would NEVER intentionally doom an innocent soul to hell! I KNOW what that does, and it's a fate I'd wish on only a few. I don't summon demons just for kicks, those wankers are super dangerous if contained incorrectly. Sure it may seem a tad hypocritical to claim to fight demons and then turn around to summon one, but my job is a complicated one. Hell has its own hierarchy and rivalries and sometimes I find it beneficial to use those to my advantage. I don't like working with them and I cheat them every chance I get but I do what it takes."

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Driz said:

@Biohazarddallas

Legion shot out of his office in the commotion, blades ready. He sighed in relief as it wasn't another demon attack. He watched as the guards restrained the enraged unicorn and Luna encased the two in a force field. Lory looked on the verge of tears. He marched up to the pair, effortlessly stepping through the force field.

"Both of you in my office. Now"

Edited by MARSOC
  • Brohoof 3

Just now, Biohazarddallas said:

After the force field closed completely  around them, Elias spoke. "Luv, I don't know where you got those ideas but I did not have anything to do with whatever happened. I would NEVER intentionally doom an innocent soul to hell! I KNOW what that does, and it's a fate I'd wish on only a few. I don't summon demons just for kicks, those wankers are super dangerous if contained incorrectly. Sure it may seem a tad hypocritical to claim to fight demons and then turn around to summon one, but my job is a complicated one. Hell has its own hierarchy and rivalries and sometimes I find it beneficial to use those to my advantage. I don't like working with them and I cheat them every chance I get but I do what it takes."

"BULLCRAP!!" She strongly refuted, deliberately choosing not to take into consideration most of what Elias had explained. "That... thing that attacked the mob just now. That kidnapping deer lady from earlier. That weird guy who kept hitting on me. Hell, even the dude that blew up the bar! ALL of them had something to do with you." Lory pointed a hoof at him, now appearing to be somehow more mournful than angry. "You're always attracting bad stuff... You keep making deals with those shady monsters and who ends up paying the price are the ponies that have absolutely nothing to do with your business!... Why don't you realize that?" She narrowed her eyes as her voice steadily  decreased in volume.

"...You're no better than those demons."

Just now, MARSOC said:

The mare kept her stare fixated onto Elias for a couple more seconds. She was visibly heartbroken: distressed. Distracted from the world outside, she didn't even take note of the barrier spell that had surrounded them. She was rung back to the real world by Legion's command, to which she simply perked one ear. After a couple more moments of reluctance, she turned around and began sluggishly trotting away, towards the commander's office.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Driz said:

"BULLCRAP!!" She strongly refuted, deliberately choosing not to take into consideration most of what Elias had explained. "That... thing that attacked the mob just now. That kidnapping deer lady from earlier. That weird guy who kept hitting on me. Hell, even the dude that blew up the bar! ALL of them had something to do with you." Lory pointed a hoof at him, now appearing to be somehow more mournful than angry. "You're always attracting bad stuff... You keep making deals with those shady monsters and who ends up paying the price are the ponies that have absolutely nothing to do with your business!... Why don't you realize that?" She narrowed her eyes as her voice steadily  decreased in volume.

"...You're no better than those demons."

"Do you think I wanted this, any of it? You want to know why I work alone, Because people around me die. I have to do things ordinary people can't because if I don't, countless more lives are lost. To demons this world is full of sheep, and they're the lions. Sometimes it takes another lion to put them down." 

5 hours ago, MARSOC said:

@Biohazarddallas

Legion shot out of his office in the commotion, blades ready. He sighed in relief as it wasn't another demon attack. He watched as the guards restrained the enraged unicorn and Luna encased the two in a force field. Lory looked on the verge of tears. He marched up to the pair, effortlessly stepping through the force field.

"Fine" Elias said sharply and walked toward the pony's office.

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 3

@Driz  @Biohazarddallas

Legion led the two into his office. It was cozy, with a large faux leather chair sitting behind a mahogany desk. Neat, orderly, and it even had booze in the mini-fridge. The thestral sank down in the chair, glaring at the cat and unicorn.

"That display was both irresponsible, unnecessary, and pointless. We don't need morale lowered any further than it already is." He jabbed a hoof at Elias.

"You. Did you or did you not have anything to do with what happened in the plaza?"

Edited by MARSOC
  • Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, MARSOC said:

@Driz  @Biohazarddallas

Legion led the two into his office. It was cozy, with a large faux leather chair sitting behind a mahogany desk. Neat, orderly, and it even had booze in the mini-fridge. The thestral sank down in the chair, glaring at the cat and unicorn.

"That display was both irresponsible, unnecessary, and pointless. We don't need morale lowered any further than it already is." He jabbed a hoof at Elias.

"You. Did you or did you not have anything to do with what happened in the plaza?"

"No I did not." He said calmly. Looking legion in the eyes.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Driz @Biohazarddallas @MARSOC

"You seriously think he'll admit to something like that?" Gold Star, the Templar from before, stood in the doorway, glaring at Elias. "And don't give me that junk about being able to tell when someone's lying. The eyes thing? That's a myth." 

He continued to shoot daggers at Elias from behind at the doorway. "Actually, liars are more likely to look you straight in the eye. Criminal psychologists say its because they want to see if you actually believe them or not. I mean, think about it, he sacrificed his own flesh and blood to demons. You think he cares about a bunch of random ponies?"

Gold Star shook his head in dismay. "He's already a self proclaimed summoner of demons. Last time I checked, that's illegal, pretty much for the reason we all saw tonight."

@Star48955 @Techno Universal

"Very well. We'll arrange passage for your their group to travel southeast to Hayseed Swamp. Star Snow, Elias, Techno, and Lorry will review the guard reports for any clues as to who or what we may be dealing with and how to combat it." The captain concluded. "In the meantime, Techno will accompany the group to examine the arcane evidence and runes that were collected during the investigation in the Town."

"Any questions?" The captain looked around the group, including Luna herself, before giving a curt nod. "Don't worry your grace, we'll figure this out. Please, this is the safest place for you at the moment. You won't be... taking any trips either, will you?"

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

"You seriously think he'll admit to something like that?" Gold Star, the Templar from before, stood in the doorway, glaring at Elias. "And don't give me that junk about being able to tell when someone's lying. The eyes thing? That's a myth." 

He continued to shoot daggers at Elias from behind at the doorway. "Actually, liars are more likely to look you straight in the eye. Criminal psychologists say its because they want to see if you actually believe them or not. I mean, think about it, he sacrificed his own flesh and blood to demons. You think he cares about a bunch of random ponies?"

Gold Star shook his head in dismay. "He's already a self proclaimed summoner of demons. Last time I checked, that's illegal, pretty much for the reason we all saw tonight."

Elias sharply turned to face the new arrival, "You are really begging for a sucker punch mate." He bristled at Gold's remark about his brother. "To remove any doubt I suppose I'd be willing to make a mage's oath in front of you all. As I'm sure Mr. Gold knows a mage's oath is binding and can't be faked." He drew a small penknife from a coat pocket and made an incision across his palm. With blood dripping down onto the floor Elias gave a simple chant, "I swear on my power I had nothing to do with what's happened at the square, huius sacramenti vinculo absolvantur." A few seconds after he finished the cut on his hand closed up suddenly. "Told you I was telling the truth, If I had lied that cut wouldn't have healed." 

• Brohoof 2

Gold star scoffed at Elias' little show. "That was the most noncommittal swear I've ever heard... sure, you can't lie, but you could dance around the truth just fine. Plus, the spell only serves to your own perception."

He shook his head. "No, you know what you are? Incompetent and foolish. Everywhere you go, ponies die. Why? Because you think you can control demons, just like every cultist and witch that ever lived."

Gold turned around to leave, stepping out of the office. 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Star48955 @Techno Universal

"Very well. We'll arrange passage for your their group to travel southeast to Hayseed Swamp. Star Snow, Elias, Techno, and Lorry will review the guard reports for any clues as to who or what we may be dealing with and how to combat it." The captain concluded. "In the meantime, Techno will accompany the group to examine the arcane evidence and runes that were collected during the investigation in the Town."

"Any questions?" The captain looked around the group, including Luna herself, before giving a curt nod. "Don't worry your grace, we'll figure this out. Please, this is the safest place for you at the moment. You won't be... taking any trips either, will you?"

Techno then responded to the captain...

TU: Okay that sounds good! I guess maybe we should get to work then! 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Gold star scoffed at Elias' little show. "That was the most noncommittal swear I've ever heard... sure, you can't lie, but you could dance around the truth just fine. Plus, the spell only serves to your own perception."

He shook his head. "No, you know what you are? Incompetent and foolish. Everywhere you go, ponies die. Why? Because you think you can control demons, just like every cultist and witch that ever lived."

Gold turned around to leave, stepping out of the office. 

@Driz @Biohazarddallas

Legion bristled at Golds appearance and subsequent disappearance.

"Mother bucking mumble mumble blue falcon mumble mumble." He said under his breath. The commander looked at Elias.

"I believe you. You can be an insufferable asshole, but when it matters you tell the truth. You may go." 

As soon as Elias had shut the door, his gaze softened as it fell upon Lory.

"Do you want to talk to a counselor after what happened?" He asked.

• Brohoof 2

Once Lory took a seat, she remained silent. She crossed her arms and kept looking into the distance, peeved, just like a misbehaved student being called to the principal's office. The similarities were striking.

She didn't really pay much mind to Gold afterwards, more concentrated on her own thoughts and opinions at the moment. She didn't know what to make of that encounter, battling divergent opinions inside her head.

11 minutes ago, MARSOC said:

As soon as Elias had shut the door, his gaze softened as it fell upon Lory.

"Do you want to talk to a counselor after what happened?" He asked.

Her eyes slowly made their way across her sockets to meet with Legion's. She maintained the relentless expression of discontent.

"...About what?" She asked, shrugging. "What counselor? I don't follow. There's nothing to talk about. What are you talking about?" With a pinch of sarcasm, she played hard-to-get.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Driz said:

Her eyes slowly made their way across her sockets to meet with Legion's. She maintained the relentless expression of discontent.

"...About what?" She asked, shrugging. "What counselor? I don't follow. There's nothing to talk about. What are you talking about?" With a pinch of sarcasm, she played hard-to-get.

"You just witnessed the possible deaths of hundreds of ponies. You're in shock, I've seen it before." Legion smiled at her, hoping that showing a little emotion himself would help the situation.

"Look at me," he said. "It bothers me just as much. I've never seen something this big before."

• Brohoof 2

"Ooooooo, look at Mr. Psychologist over here!" Lory mocked, waving her hooves in the air in a childish way. "What, you wanna study my brain, sweetheart? You want me to tell you how I feel? Sure, I'll tell you how I feel. I feel like I just watched the Hell bus picking up its lucky passengers for one hell of a road trip. Destination: Eternal Goddamn Suffering." After she said that, she began staring blankly at Legion, becoming silent for a long while. She bit her lower lip with her eyes shot wide and face slightly shivering, sensing that if she continued speaking any longer she was going to display an emotion she didn't want to display at any cost. Instead, she attempted to calm down a bit before continuing.

"...I've seen ponies die before." The mare explained, reclining back on the chair and, that time, avoiding eye contact. "The Manehattan Underground, as we called it, used to be a constant warzone, too. The entire city was divided in two: those in favor of the guards taking control of the Underground and reforming it, and those who rebelled against the oppression and fought for their rights to live and be happy as they damn well pleased... You can have a guess on which side I took." She chuckled.

"It was eat or be eaten..."

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Driz said:

"Ooooooo, look at Mr. Psychologist over here!" Lory mocked, waving her hooves in the air in a childish way. "What, you wanna study my brain, sweetheart? You want me to tell you how I feel? Sure, I'll tell you how I feel. I feel like I just watched the Hell bus picking up its lucky passengers for one hell of a road trip. Destination: Eternal Goddamn Suffering." After she said that, she began staring blankly at Legion, becoming silent for a long while. She bit her lower lip with her eyes shot wide and face slightly shivering, sensing that if she continued speaking any longer she was going to display an emotion she didn't want to display at any cost. Instead, she attempted to calm down a bit before continuing.

"...I've seen ponies die before." The mare explained, reclining back on the chair and, that time, avoiding eye contact. "The Manehattan Underground, as we called it, used to be a constant warzone, too. The entire city was divided in two: those in favor of the guards taking control of the Underground and reforming it, and those who rebelled against the oppression and fought for their rights to live and be happy as they damn well pleased... You can have a guess on which side I took." She chuckled.

"It was eat or be eaten..."

"I can't say I'm sorry to hear that." Legion said, still trying to break Lory out of her shell.

"You did what you had to do, I wouldn't have done anything different to be honest." The commander said, the aura of his voice seemed, well... empty. No demonic echo, no otherworldly presence, just a normal guardspony having a conversation. Something was wrong with Legion.

• Brohoof 2

Elias strode out of the office and over to the small command team. "Right then, so while you lot were quelling the riots I was looking into our little visitor from before. Turns out I was wasting my time, she had nothing to do with that commotion in the square. The crate she wanted contains a talking painting with no connection to the rise in activity. So would anyone be kind enough to give me the details of what's happened lately?" He asked 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, MARSOC said:

"I can't say I'm sorry to hear that." Legion said, still trying to break Lory out of her shell.

"You did what you had to do, I wouldn't have done anything different to be honest." The commander said, the aura of his voice seemed, well... empty. No demonic echo, no otherworldly presence, just a normal guardspony having a conversation. Something was wrong with Legion.

Lory leaned forward onto the table that separated the two, placing both of her hooves onto the mahogany wood and getting a good, close look at the commander.

"I don't need you patronizing me, buddy." She growled, her eyes narrowed. "If you want to help me so bad, then get off my back, and try to put through that thick skull of yours that I will not become one of your pawns so that you can order me around." She stared at Legion for a while longer, making sure he understood every single word she spouted. Afterwards, she lifted herself from the chair and scratched her muzzle nonchalantly.

"If that's everything you wanted to talk about, I'll be leaving now... Guess I'll stick around with y'all for a while longer. There are certain things I need to do... See ya 'round, cap." She turned around and began walking towards the exit. "Oh... Also..." She remembered, rotating once again to face Legion. She was silent for a while then, seeming to be struggling to speak as if choking on her words. She looked around the room for a while, scratching the back of her head. It didn't take long for a reddish tone to paint her cheeks.

"S...Sorry..." She mumbled, staring at the ground. "...For everything..." With a pout, she swiftly resumed her leave, trotting back towards the throne room to meet with everyone else.

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

The captain cleared his throat as the everyone else finally arrived, making things easier to explain. 

"We will be arranging emergency transport on a train heading to Baltimare for the four of you, potentially a fifth if we can spare any investigators. From there you travel south into Hayseed Swamp to the town of Nowhere. You'll be leaving in the morning." The captain explained bluntly, gesturing to Starsnow, Techno, Elias, and Lorry. "While I couldn't trust most of you to know how to put on a pair of pants or a dinner shirt, we know full well the professionalism instilled in Lady Starsnow to keep things on track. She will also be compiling any reports in the absence of an investigator."

It was rather specific, and without Starsnow's input in fact. He merely assumed she'd be on board with it considering she had entered the castle with the group. 

"Not to worry!" Someone shouted in a boisterous and booming tone as they stepped into the throne room. "The Solar Crusade has a substantial contingent currently operating within Nowhere. I can offer an investigator to your team once they arrive."

Storm Chalice. The 'Grand General' of the Solar Crusade. His voice naturally carried down the hall into legion's office as he spoke, it was an obnoxious one to some, jolly to others. He was a massive earth pony, a giant in any standards. His mere presence usually dominated a room because of those factors, unless a princess was in the room of course. 

General Chalice was of course decked out in thick golden plates of armor with white chain mail skirts underneath. A crimson red cape hung off to one side, while medals of various design hung off his chest. Over various parts of his armor were red wax seals pinned old pieces of written on parchment (wards and enchantments). His main and tail were black, and done up in typical warrior fashion, while his eyes sparkled a lighter green. His fur was dark muddy brown with white patterns. 

The Nigthwatch and Lunar guard officers stared at him with mixed feelings. The Solar Crusade tended to do things in the exact opposite manner as the Nightwatch. While the bats typically focused on covert asymmetric approaches, and surgical precision, the Crusade was loud and destructive, blowing open doors and leveling buildings. Well not literally, so long as it didn't harm innocents of course, but they were about making their presence known to anyone in town. 

"To answer your question, Elias," Chalice interjected. "There was an incident that occurred which no one could have predicted. It will take our friends here some time to sort out the exact extent of the ritual, but from what I saw, there had to be at least a thousand in the square before they vanished in a green light. Which, we all know, a green light typically indicates necromantic or pestilent magic. Am I correct?" 

He looked towards Luna raising a brow. Chalice always did have a far to comfortable manner when speaking with royalty, with the exception of Celestia. His loyalty and reverence of her borderlines on warship. Her sister? Not so much... Nightmare Moon that is... 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

The captain cleared his throat as the everyone else finally arrived, making things easier to explain. 

"We will be arranging emergency transport on a train heading to Baltimare for the four of you, potentially a fifth if we can spare any investigators. From there you travel south into Hayseed Swamp to the town of Nowhere. You'll be leaving in the morning." The captain explained bluntly, gesturing to Starsnow, Techno, Elias, and Lorry. "While I couldn't trust most of you to know how to put on a pair of pants or a dinner shirt, we know full well the professionalism instilled in Lady Starsnow to keep things on track. She will also be compiling any reports in the absence of an investigator."

It was rather specific, and without Starsnow's input in fact. He merely assumed she'd be on board with it considering she had entered the castle with the group. 

"Not to worry!" Someone shouted in a boisterous and booming tone as they stepped into the throne room. "The Solar Crusade has a substantial contingent currently operating within Nowhere. I can offer an investigator to your team once they arrive."

Storm Chalice. The 'Grand General' of the Solar Crusade. His voice naturally carried down the hall into legion's office as he spoke, it was an obnoxious one to some, jolly to others. He was a massive earth pony, a giant in any standards. His mere presence usually dominated a room because of those factors, unless a princess was in the room of course. 

General Chalice was of course decked out in thick golden plates of armor with white chain mail skirts underneath. A crimson red cape hung off to one side, while medals of various design hung off his chest. Over various parts of his armor were red wax seals pinned old pieces of written on parchment (wards and enchantments). His main and tail were black, and done up in typical warrior fashion, while his eyes sparkled a lighter green. His fur was dark muddy brown with white patterns. 

The Nigthwatch and Lunar guard officers stared at him with mixed feelings. The Solar Crusade tended to do things in the exact opposite manner as the Nightwatch. While the bats typically focused on covert asymmetric approaches, and surgical precision, the Crusade was loud and destructive, blowing open doors and leveling buildings. Well not literally, so long as it didn't harm innocents of course, but they were about making their presence known to anyone in town. 

"To answer your question, Elias," Chalice interjected. "There was an incident that occurred which no one could have predicted. It will take our friends here some time to sort out the exact extent of the ritual, but from what I saw, there had to be at least a thousand in the square before they vanished in a green light. Which, we all know, a green light typically indicates necromantic or pestilent magic. Am I correct?" 

He looked towards Luna raising a brow. Chalice always did have a far to comfortable manner when speaking with royalty, with the exception of Celestia. His loyalty and reverence of her borderlines on warship. Her sister? Not so much... Nightmare Moon that is... 

"Well aren't you a chipper bloke. Just let your underlings know not to get in my way." Elias said matter of factly.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Driz said:

Lory leaned forward onto the table that separated the two, placing both of her hooves onto the mahogany wood and getting a good, close look at the commander.

"I don't need you patronizing me, buddy." She growled, her eyes narrowed. "If you want to help me so bad, then get off my back, and try to put through that thick skull of yours that I will not become one of your pawns so that you can order me around." She stared at Legion for a while longer, making sure he understood every single word she spouted. Afterwards, she lifted herself from the chair and scratched her muzzle nonchalantly.

"If that's everything you wanted to talk about, I'll be leaving now... Guess I'll stick around with y'all for a while longer. There are certain things I need to do... See ya 'round, cap." She turned around and began walking towards the exit. "Oh... Also..." She remembered, rotating once again to face Legion. She was silent for a while then, seeming to be struggling to speak as if choking on her words. She looked around the room for a while, scratching the back of her head. It didn't take long for a reddish tone to paint her cheeks.

"S...Sorry..." She mumbled, staring at the ground. "...For everything..." With a pout, she swiftly resumed her leave, trotting back towards the throne room to meet with everyone else.

Legion sighed, a small smile gracing his muzzle as Lory left. He had mixed feelings about the unicorn. On one hoof, she was rude, obnoxious, and bottled up her feelings until they exploded, normally hitting anyone in the crossfire. On the other hoof, he felt that she genuinely cared about others and was both nervous and excited about what was going on.

Plus she was cute when she blushed.

"Wait, where did that come from?" Legion thought aloud. The stallion eventually shrugged, chocking the rouge thought up to job-related-stress. Stepping out of his office, he entered into a nightmare.

59 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

General Chalice was of course decked out in thick golden plates of armor with white chain mail skirts underneath. A crimson red cape hung off to one side, while medals of various design hung off his chest. Over various parts of his armor were red wax seals pinned old pieces of writing on parchment (wards and enchantments). His main and tail were black, and done up in typical warrior fashion, while his eyes sparkled a lighter green. His fur was dark muddy brown with white patterns. 

"This has to be karma for sending Elias to the Public Section of the library." Legion thought, glancing sideways at the cat. The Commander marched up to the General, saluting.

"Sir, Onyx Shield, Nightwatch Special Operations Command." He introduced, dropping his salute in time with the General's.

"These civilians are under my jurisdiction. With all due respect, your presence in this assignment isn't necessary."

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

"There's no need for such a salute, brother!" The general practically shouted, though of course the term brother wasn't literal. "I don't care what you say your rank is... I know what your duties entail. That being said, I'll try not to break traditions too much myself." 

He was joking of course. "And, perhaps I misspoke. I offer assistance and resources. We can't afford to function as independently as we have. Besides, we have a bit of a presence in Nowhere at the moment. By all rights, that's our town at the moment."

Chalice merely narrowed his eyes and snorted at Elias' response. "Aren't you a cocky fellow. A law breaker. A murderer. Ah, yes, and a demon summoner. Several thousand may have perished tonight, quite possibly because you enjoy playing with demons. Your arrogance is your downfall." He concluded. 

"The only reason you are not currently headless is because I respect the wishes and judgement of the divine princesses. Prey tell, do you answer to any authority, or do you just assume you know what's best for the world?"

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 2