Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sinister Soil

GoldieS

2 hours ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow had stabbed a couple of the shades, when the rest were struck down. She looked past them, and saw Elias collapse. Her eyes widened and she quickly made her way back to the group. She carefully checked the rest of the group for injuries, before turning to Elias.

Techno then went back to looking for the deer when Star escaped the shades...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Star48955 @Techno Universal @Driz @MARSOC @Biohazarddallas

The shadow ponies were dispatched without too much more trouble, clearing the cars of the beasts. For the moment at least... Still the blood in the third car forward after the dining car had blood slowly coalescing into the center of the floor. 

The injured grey pony perked up when he noticed Elias fall to the floor in exhaustion. He tried to get up himself, but there was still enough pain to keep him down in his seat. Fortunately, the combination of Star's magic and Helios' potion greatly reduced that pain. 

"E- excuse me, sir?" He said, leaning over to try and get Legion's attention as he continued trying to beat down the door to the cargo cars. "I need my aid back and surgical kit, I believe it's somewhere in the next few cars..." 

Another pony got up, eyeing the injured one a little before quietly rushing over to see if Elias was okay.

"Wow, that was... amazing..." She whispered, trying to prop him up on one of the seats. "I don't want to start rumors or anything but..."

The unicorn looked over to the injured grey pony. "I- I think he called that demon lady... I heard him talking in the restroom before it all started but... I thought he was just talking to himself..." 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

The shadow ponies were dispatched without too much more trouble, clearing the cars of the beasts. For the moment at least... Still the blood in the third car forward after the dining car had blood slowly coalescing into the center of the floor. 

The injured grey pony perked up when he noticed Elias fall to the floor in exhaustion. He tried to get up himself, but there was still enough pain to keep him down in his seat. Fortunately, the combination of Star's magic and Helios' potion greatly reduced that pain. 

"E- excuse me, sir?" He said, leaning over to try and get Legion's attention as he continued trying to beat down the door to the cargo cars. "I need my aid back and surgical kit, I believe it's somewhere in the next few cars..." 

Another pony got up, eyeing the injured one a little before quietly rushing over to see if Elias was okay.

"Wow, that was... amazing..." She whispered, trying to prop him up on one of the seats. "I don't want to start rumors or anything but..."

The pegasus looked over to the injured grey pony. "I- I think he called that demon lady... I heard him talking in the restroom before it all started but... I thought he was just talking to himself..." 

"Well there's gonna be more where that came from luv." Elias said weakly as he was being propped up by the rather beautiful unicorn mare.IMG_6187.JPG.48072f3704bb9203118a3da3671c9eb4.JPG

He rubbed his temples with one hand, shielding his eyes as he did so. "You're sure, that's what you saw?" He asked her.

(ooc: wanted to give her a face. Not my art found it on Pinterest.)

• Brohoof 1

@Biohazarddallas

The mare nodded, curls bouncing up and down as she did. There was a genuine look of fear, looking back over to the injured grey earth pony trying to get Legion's attention. It was hard to even think anyone at all would want to summon a demon with such sinister intent, he looked nothing like a cultist. Then again, there really wasn't 'a type'. 

"I know it, I saw him leaving the restroom. I know what I heard, he was definitely speaking in strange tongues, just like the way you did..." She claimed. "Maybe I'm just being... paranoid... but he was surely talking to someone in there."

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

The mare nodded, curls bouncing up and down as she did. There was a genuine look of fear, looking back over to the injured grey earth pony trying to get Legion's attention. It was hard to even think anyone at all would want to summon a demon with such sinister intent, he looked nothing like a cultist. Then again, there really wasn't 'a type'. 

"I know it, I saw him leaving the restroom. I know what I heard, he was definitely speaking in strange tongues, just like the way you did..." She claimed. "Maybe I'm just being... paranoid... but he was surely talking to someone in there."

"Hey, being paranoid isn't all that bad. It just makes you feel better when you're wrong." Elias quipped, he started to try to rise but ended up slumping back down again. "Aahh, guess that took more out of me than I thought. Resting here for a few minutes won't kill me I suppose." He smiled but now kept his eyes trained on the new suspect. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

The unicorn looked over to the injured grey pony. "I- I think he called that demon lady... I heard him talking in the restroom before it all started but... I thought he was just talking to himself..." 

Techno was still rapidly scanning around for the deer and he was not going to stop until the deer was dead...

• Brohoof 1

StarSnow stood away from the others, scanning for anything worth looking at. She took a step forward, towards the group. But before she moved anymore, her eyes widened in shock, and she stumbled, barely avoiding falling.

No,no,no,no, not now...oh sweet moon not now.

She stepped back, her face beginning to fill with fear. She turned, and quickly fled to the back, and she sat in a seat at the end. She looked around, making sure nopony could see her, and quickly reached in her single saddlebag. She pulled out a metal tin, and making sure that nopony saw, pulled something out and placed it in her mouth. She immediately doubled over in pain, wincing as it began to take effect, starting to run through her blood. She leaned back against the seat, panting slightly as she stuffed the tin back in her bag.

• Brohoof 3

14 hours ago, GoldieS said:

"I'll get it." He said, maneuvering himself around the cars until he reached the dining car once again. Grabbing a few sharp kitchen knives he tucked them under his wing for safekeeping. He had to defend himself somehow.

• Brohoof 2

There weren't many good knives for Legion to find, mostly butter knives given the usual type of food served there on the train. No steak knives unfortunately. While he was there in the dining car, he could see into the second passenger car beyond that one. Absolutely all the blood that had covered the walls, windows, and floor had moved into the center of the isles into a large pond of sorts, despite the laws of hydrodynamics... even some of the blood in the dining car began gravitating towards the pond. 

The mare nodded in acceptance to Elias' reply. Noting he was for the most part doing well, she watched after Star who seemed to be having trouble with something. Despite not being able to see her taking something, everyone had seen her rush back to her seat. 

Meanwhile, in the seat in front of her, the injured grey earth pony looked peaked around the edge with concern in his eyes, still holding his severe injury. He hadn't seen her take the medication either, but like with the others it was clear there was something wrong beforehand. 

"Excuse me, are you alright?" He asked sympathetically. "It's alright, you did a magnificent job earlier, I'm sure things aren't as bad as they seem."

He was trying to be reassuring when his ears perked up for a moment. The earther looked around for a moment. 

"Oh, pardon me." He apologized, before trying to rise. It took a great deal of effort, but he cautiously began moving to the restroom just on the inside of the dining car, of course closing the door behind him. 

Still, there was no sign of the doe, and besides having access to the three train cars, none of the others were opening. The next ones on either end were still locked firmly, though the one to the kitchen and ultimately the cargo was looking rather flimsy as a result of Legion's earlier efforts. 

• Brohoof 2

StarSnow closed her eyes as she leaned back. She winced as the painful throbbing in the back of her head became stronger.

...I really hope that......Nope. Not gonna jinx it.

She opened her eyes and slowly got up from the seat. She started walking back to the others, although she seemed to be going slower than she was before.

Ow,ow,ow,ow.

• Brohoof 2

@Star48955

The unicorn who had been assisting Elias stood up and stepped over to Star with a concerned expression. She moved to help her along, seeing as how Star was clearly having some sort of trouble. 

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked, trying to keep her voice down for some reason. "You really don't look good, maybe you should just sit down. Did one of those monster get you good?"

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

He was trying to be reassuring when his ears perked up for a moment. The earther looked around for a moment. 

"Oh, pardon me." He apologized, before trying to rise. It took a great deal of effort, but he cautiously began moving to the restroom just on the inside of the dining car, of course closing the door behind him. 

Still, there was no sign of the doe, and besides having access to the three train cars, none of the others were opening. The next ones on either end were still locked firmly, though the one to the kitchen and ultimately the cargo was looking rather flimsy as a result of Legion's earlier efforts. 

"Well that's my queue." Elias said as he painfully rose to his feet. His head swam for a few moments but the cat was able to regain his composure. He briskly strode over to the restroom and leaned softly against the thin wall separating it from the rest of the car. With steady hands despite the shape he was in Elias drew a small circle on the wall and placed his ear to it.

(ooc: it allows him to hear whatever's being said in the room.)

IMG_5758.JPG.164ad5b89d25afc2d5dab94ab351efd2.JPG

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 1

@Biohazarddallas

"... moderate build, perhaps early adulthood. Appears injured, I suspect a concussion during a previous encounter. She remains alert, however." He let out a his of pain for a moment, before continuing. "The feline suffered from a severe sudden onset of fatigue following his... arcane spellcasting. To be expected, however there's no indication of when he might be prepared to continue. As for my unicorn counterpart from the university, it appears emotions play a major factor in his spellcasting abilities. Thus far, anger seems to be the major catalyst."

"The first wave was dispatched with relative ease... along with some... complications to my own end, but I suspect after consecutive waves they will slowly loose progress." He concluded, before beginning to fiddle with the lock on the door to step out. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

There weren't many good knives for Legion to find, mostly butter knives given the usual type of food served there on the train. No steak knives unfortunately. While he was there in the dining car, he could see into the second passenger car beyond that one. Absolutely all the blood that had covered the walls, windows, and floor had moved into the center of the isles into a large pond of sorts, despite the laws of hydrodynamics... even some of the blood in the dining car began gravitating towards the pond. 

The mare nodded in acceptance to Elias' reply. Noting he was for the most part doing well, she watched after Star who seemed to be having trouble with something. Despite not being able to see her taking something, everyone had seen her rush back to her seat. 

Meanwhile, in the seat in front of her, the injured grey earth pony looked peaked around the edge with concern in his eyes, still holding his severe injury. He hadn't seen her take the medication either, but like with the others it was clear there was something wrong beforehand. 

"Excuse me, are you alright?" He asked sympathetically. "It's alright, you did a magnificent job earlier, I'm sure things aren't as bad as they seem."

Techno then busted down the door that led into the cargo car and he was now looking around for the doe in there...

10 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

"... moderate build, perhaps early adulthood. Appears injured, I suspect a concussion during a previous encounter. She remains alert, however." He let out a his of pain for a moment, before continuing. "The feline suffered from a severe sudden onset of fatigue following his... arcane spellcasting. To be expected, however there's no indication of when he might be prepared to continue. As for my unicorn counterpart from the university, it appears emotions play a major factor in his spellcasting abilities. Thus far, anger seems to be the major catalyst."

"The first wave was dispatched with relative ease... along with some... complications to my own end, but I suspect after consecutive waves they will slowly loose progress." He concluded, before beginning to fiddle with the lock on the door to step out. 

Elias quickly smudged the circle with his paw and assumed a nonchalant pose as the earth pony exited the restroom. "You know, I think he's already recovered. And he suggests a sound bubble next time you discuss sensitive information." Elias said, his voice having a slight hint of anger.

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

Techno burst not through the door into the cargo area, bur rather into the kitchen just before the cargo cars. The kitchen was empty, and the door on the other side, once again, was locked. This car, however, wasn't in disarray nor did it have any signs of fighting or death. Again, not a single sign of the doe. 

And yet... something inside the fridge stirred. Just as the fridge grabbed his attention, something else scrambled through the cabinets, spilling out some of the cookware onto the floor. 

@Biohazarddallas

The injured pony stumbled backwards in surprise at Elias' as he stood there waiting for him. But that fear and surprise, turned to anger and incredulity. 

"Excuse me!?" He snapped. "I'll have you know that what I do is for the betterment of the entire world. It bewilders me how arrogant creatures such as you could stand in the way of the progress my colleagues and I so desperately work to achieve. Certainly it requires sacrifice, but my duty is a sacred one, and nothing will stop me from delivering that which the masses so desperately need, including yourself... While I'm certain the gravity of my amputation will surface soon, I will press on in my efforts with or without the approval of the common pony! For it is only a select few who truly grasp the importance of what we do." 

He stood as tall as he could, proud and clearly unapologetic about his stance. 

• Brohoof 2

StarSnow looked up as Elias confronted the pony.

No,no,no.One more minute and it's done.Any earlier and........Great.

She let out a sigh.She then began walking towards Elias, and it seemed whatever happened had worn off because she was going as fast as she normally did.

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

The injured pony stumbled backwards in surprise at Elias' as he stood there waiting for him. But that fear and surprise, turned to anger and incredulity. 

"Excuse me!?" He snapped. "I'll have you know that what I do is for the betterment of the entire world. It bewilders me how arrogant creatures such as you could stand in the way of the progress my colleagues and I so desperately work to achieve. Certainly it requires sacrifice, but my duty is a sacred one, and nothing will stop me from delivering that which the masses so desperately need, including yourself... While I'm certain the gravity of my amputation will surface soon, I will press on in my efforts with or without the approval of the common pony! For it is only a select few who truly grasp the importance of what we do." 

"Yeah, I tend not to listen to deamon worshippers. Mate, whatever she said, whatever she promised you, it's a bloody lie." Elias said, "Now since I know demons can't manifest on this earthly plane without being summoned, that pretty much tells me you know her true name." Elias said. Suddenly he grabbed the pony's mane roughly and started to drag him over to the weak cargo car door. "You're going to tell me her name mate, one way or another."

• Brohoof 1

"D- demons!?" The pony pulled back in confusion as Elias grabbed him roughly and began dragging him through the train car. "What are you talking about!?"

He tried to fight back frantically. "H- help! Someone please!" 

As Elias pulled him through the train, a small notebook or pocket book fell from under his last remaining front leg along with a pen. It had the image of a staff with a snake curling around it from top to bottom. The busted door instead lead to the kitchen, Techno had finished the job breaking it open after Legion stepped aside, and just beyond that was the cargo door. 

"Let me go you- you monster!!" He shouted, still trying to fend Elias off. 

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

Techno burst not through the door into the cargo area, bur rather into the kitchen just before the cargo cars. The kitchen was empty, and the door on the other side, once again, was locked. This car, however, wasn't in disarray nor did it have any signs of fighting or death. Again, not a single sign of the doe. 

And yet... something inside the fridge stirred. Just as the fridge grabbed his attention, something else scrambled through the cabinets, spilling out some of the cookware onto the floor. 

@Biohazarddallas

When techno heard something in the kitchen he stopped and he was now rapidly moving his head around as he looked around...

TU: OHH YOUR IN HER ARN'T YOU DEER!? JUST SHOW YOURSELF SO I CAN END YOU!!! 

• Brohoof 1

StarSnow stood, watching as Elias grabbed the pony and pulled him along. She noticed a notebook fell out of his pocket, and she picked up with her magic.  She carefully examined it for a moment before looking to Elias. "Hey, he dropped this. Mean anything?"

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow stood, watching as Elias grabbed the pony and pulled him along. She noticed a notebook fell out of his pocket, and she picked up with her magic.  She carefully examined it for a moment before looking to Elias. "Hey, he dropped this. Mean anything?"

"That's the Rod of Asclepius, associated with healing and medicine. Not connected to anything we're looking for luv." Elias said as he kicked the lock out of the weakened door. It swung open with a loud bang, the car wasn't very full, only a few racks of luggage could be seen along the edges of the car walls. Leaving a large open space in the middle of the car. "Hold this bugger for a minute will you?" He told Star as he roughly dropped his suspect.

• Brohoof 1

StarSnow looked at the pony for a moment, before sighing. "Fine."  She encased him in her magic and lifted him up so he was hovering above the ground.

You are going to owe me...oh no.

She winced as her head throbbed painfully. She turned away from Elias and the pony, trying to hide it.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow looked at the pony for a moment, before sighing. "Fine."  She encased him in her magic and lifted him up so he was hovering above the ground.

You are going to owe me...oh no.

She winced as her head throbbed painfully. She turned away from Elias and the pony, trying to hide it.

"Thanks luv," Elias said as he drew two circles, one inside the center of the other.

IMG_5960.JPG.ebf94f9dbe573ad157e07c8a6522a7bd.JPG

(the outside/largest one.)

IMG_5956.JPG.3065c3b29ba6ccac3d93530e3a6653e6.JPG

(the smallest one.)

"you can drop him now luv." He said once he'd finished.

• Brohoof 2

@Techno Universal

A giant rat tumbled out of the cabinet in question, stumbling to its grubby little paws as it looked up at Techno with beady red little eyes. It was the very same creature that had accompanied the doe last night, before everything that had happened. Though, the doe herself was still nowhere to be seen. The little beast looked afraid, but ready strike if backed into a corner, which wasn't hard to do in such confined spaces. 

The little monster took a few steps back, hissing threateningly at Techno as the hair on its bottom stood on end, tail curling up behind it. Its teeth, while not carnivorous, looked just as dangerous as any predator. 

@Techno Universal @Star48955

"What's going on!? Unhand me! Who do you think I am!? I'm not some blasted cultist!" He shouted. "Let go of me this-" 

He was cut off as he hit the ground. The earth pony rubbed his injured arm a bit in pain as he looked up at the other two quite fearfully. A sudden bout of realization came over his face, turning it white in terror at what he concluded in his mind. 

"Y- your the cultists!" He looked around frantically for anything, but of course there was nothing but luggage. "What are you going to do to me!?"

• Brohoof 2