Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sinister Soil

GoldieS

@Biohazarddallas @Driz @silvermoon15000 @Techno Universal @Star48955

The guards can only look on, confused an shocked as the entire group just vanished. For a moment, they stood there mouths agape, before snapping too to begin looking around for what they though might have happened. Fortunately, that meant the group was able to escape with no trouble at all. Even techno had been engulfed in the spell, though weather or not he decided to help the guards or follow the group quietly was up to him. 

It was hard to see and navigate through the narrow passageways between buildings, the darkness making it more than easy to trip over one another. Despite a few lights here and there, it was still a disturbingly dark night. Eventually, however, they made it to the old library not too worse for ware. 

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas @Driz @silvermoon15000 @Techno Universal @Star48955

The guards can only look on, confused an shocked as the entire group just vanished. For a moment, they stood there mouths agape, before snapping too to begin looking around for what they though might have happened. Fortunately, that meant the group was able to escape with no trouble at all. Even techno had been engulfed in the spell, though weather or not he decided to help the guards or follow the group quietly was up to him. 

It was hard to see and navigate through the narrow passageways between buildings, the darkness making it more than easy to trip over one another. Despite a few lights here and there, it was still a disturbingly dark night. Eventually, however, they made it to the old library not too worse for ware. 

Techno then approached the guards still looking at the strange weapon with his eyes glowing red...

TU: This weapon needs to be destroyed now! Before they find us through it! 

• Brohoof 1

"So," he says as he turns to the panting and sweaty group of ponies. "Sorry 'bout that, but I couldn't let those knob heads get ahold of something they couldn't effectively contain. I on the other hand, are much better equipped." He walks deeper into the library, weaving through the shelves until the group comes to a spiral staircase leading to the second floor. The section next to it was the mystery section. "Here we are." Elias says as he walks over to the start of the staircase. He turns a knob on the banister and the floor at the base recedes, revealing the staircase continuing downward.

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

The others ran off with the object, vanishing by some sort of spell. The guards almost jumped, noticing techno before them. 

"Wha- what do you mean!?" The guard demanded, stepping up to Techno. "What is it? Who's trying to find us!?"

Meanwhile, the other guards were taking flight in order to try and get a bead on the perpetrators trying to escape. Still, they couldn't find them. That being said, they weren't ready to just let techno go without figuring this out. 

2 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

The others ran off with the object, vanishing by some sort of spell. The guards almost jumped, noticing techno before them. 

"Wha- what do you mean!?" The guard demanded, stepping up to Techno. "What is it? Who's trying to find us!?"

Meanwhile, the other guards were taking flight in order to try and get a bead on the perpetrators trying to escape. Still, they couldn't find them. That being said, they weren't ready to just let techno go without figuring this out. 

TU: I can sense the top demon gods are trying to find us though that wepon. They'll instantly incinerate this whole area when they arrive here but if the wepon is destroyed they'll lose track of this place and they'll give up on coming here after their wepon. Anyways I believe I saw the others escape through that door over there.

Techno then pointed out the doorway the others escaped through... 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

The guards rushed forward at the door in question, kicking it in only to reveal an entry way to the back alley between two buildings. The criminals had navigated the winding passages of the city to loose any potential trail. The sergeant cursed, turning to Techno. 

"Were they the one's responsible for this travesty!?" He asked in a demanding tone, trying to remain level. 

"Yes." Came another voice. It was a tall white unicorn with a black main and a set of advanced solar armor, the helmet's visor drawn up as he stepped forward. He bowed his head respectfully to Techno with a friendly smile. 

"I've been investigating one of the citizens that was among that group." The officer explained, before turning to address Techno specifically. "Gold Star, Templar of the Burning Crusade. And you?"

Edited by GoldieS

27 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

The guards rushed forward at the door in question, kicking it in only to reveal an entry way to the back alley between two buildings. The criminals had navigated the winding passages of the city to loose any potential trail. The sergeant cursed, turning to Techno. 

"Were they the one's responsible for this travesty!?" He asked in a demanding tone, trying to remain level. 

"Yes." Came another voice. It was a tall white unicorn with a black main and a set of advanced solar armor, the helmet's visor drawn up as he stepped forward. He bowed his head respectfully to Techno with a friendly smile. 

"I've been investigating one of the citizens that was among that group." The officer explained, before turning to address Techno specifically. "Gold Star, Templar of the Burning Crusade. And you?"

TU: Well I'm Techno Universal and I was originally a head researcher in spell development but I then became an explorer when the outbreak of demons happened. Anyways they definitely did go down here into the passage ways but the issue is that this network is so big that you can easily escape someone down here. Unless you can detect the trail of the target like it's something I was working on long ago before the outbreak and the spell would tap into the timeline to then display the exact trail of an entity. Though it's something I never finished so it may not work. Or since my massive cape here has magical properties maybe it would be able to help if I just ask it the question of where the group is.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Biohazarddallas said:

"So," he says as he turns to the panting and sweaty group of ponies. "Sorry 'bout that, but I couldn't let those knob heads get ahold of something they couldn't effectively contain. I on the other hand, are much better equipped." He walks deeper into the library, weaving through the shelves until the group comes to a spiral staircase leading to the second floor. The section next to it was the mystery section. "Here we are." Elias says as he walks over to the start of the staircase. He turns a knob on the banister and the floor at the base recedes, revealing the staircase continuing downward.

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second!" Lory called out, stopping on her tracks. "You mean to tell me we're criminals now? Is that what this is?" She chuckles in a dismissive manner, while shaking her head. "Listen here, Doctor Weird: I never asked for this. All I wanted was a damn glass of apple cider, and now all of a sudden I'm supposed to help you hide away some sort of ancient demonic artifact from the Royals!? Pleeeeeease." The mare grunted.

"Just who the hell are you?" She asked, just then managing to take a better look at the subject that stood before her. He wasn't a pony - in fact, something very far from a pony. Lory was confused. She had many questions she wanted to ask.

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

TU: I can sense the top demon gods are trying to find us though that wepon. They'll instantly incinerate this whole area when they arrive here but if the wepon is destroyed they'll lose track of this place and they'll give up on coming here after their wepon. Anyways I believe I saw the others escape through that door over there.

Techno then pointed out the doorway the others escaped through... 

(Ooc: ok techno, nothing what you said about the locket is true. It's not a weapon, it's just something Elias threw together to contain one demon. Also the player characters are supposed to work together, not sell each other out. I'm co-DMing this rp so I should know how the locket affects the story.) 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Biohazarddallas said:

(Ooc: ok techno, nothing what you said about the locket is true. It's not a weapon, it's just something Elias threw together to contain one demon. Also the player characters are supposed to work together, not sell each other out. I'm co-DMing this rp so I should know how the locket affects the story.) 

(Yeah thanks for correcting another little storyline misunderstanding there! :) )

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Driz said:

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second!" Lory called out, stopping on her tracks. "You mean to tell me we're criminals now? Is that what this is?" She chuckles in a dismissive manner, while shaking her head. "Listen here, Doctor Weird: I never asked for this. All I wanted was a damn glass of apple cider, and now all of a sudden I'm supposed to help you hide away some sort of ancient demonic artifact from the Royals!? Pleeeeeease." The mare grunted.

"Just who the hell are you?" She asked, just then managing to take a better look at the subject that stood before her. He wasn't a pony - in fact, something very far from a pony. Lory was confused. She had many questions she wanted to ask.

Elias sighed, "I suppose the lot of you deserve some answers. My name is Elias Benmasour, I seek out dangerous magical artifacts, most of them demonic and contain or destroy them so no other mortals can get hurt by them." He gestures down the stairs "I keep the ones I can't destroy down 'ere, along with a few other bits and bobbles. Shall we 'ave a look?" 

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 1

StarSnow nodded. "If what you say are your true intentions,then you are doing the right thing." She frowned. "Although I wish you hadn't pulled all of us into this." She shook her head,sighing. "But as I said before,what's done is done.We can't reverse it.So I might as well." She nodded towards the passageway.

• Brohoof 1

Lory closed her eyes and furrowed her brow, deep in thought. She growled silently for a while. "Y'know, cold lady is right. You didn't have to drag us into your freaky business... But whatever." She shrugged. "It's not like I'm not used to being chased around by the guards anyway. Better than being chased by those demon dudes by a long shot... As long as you know what you're doing." She took a step forward towards the staircase. "And you still owe me a cider!" She added, sending Elias another glare.

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

Gold blinked a few times, listening to Techno's introduction for a moment, apparently in confusion. then, a sudden realization hit him, and he nodded with a smile. 

"Ah! You mean you were a department head in Canterlot University!? Ha! Well met, I graduated from there a few years ago. I'll bet you signed off on my papers, I knew your name sounded familiar." He nodded in satisfaction. "Well, I'd be happy to have a civilian consultant along with me." 

He extended his armored hoof to shake Technos. "I'm confident I can track him but... no doubt he's laying some sort of ambush for us. This... thing is no mere criminal. He's been collecting dangerous demonic artifacts for quite some time to use in his rituals, summoning demons, sacrificing innocent souls like you saw here today. Worse yet,"

Gold paused for a moment, glancing at the other three guards who were cursing themselves in private a little distance away. "He's got the Lunar princess fooled into thinking he's some hero. We in the Burning Crusade strongly believe he's one small cog in the daemon's plans to ravage Equestria, but a critical one no less."

Edited by GoldieS

2 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

Gold blinked a few times, listening to Techno's introduction for a moment, apparently in confusion. then, a sudden realization hit him, and he nodded with a smile. 

"Ah! You mean you were a department head in Canterlot University!? Ha! Well met, I graduated from there a few years ago. I'll bet you signed off on my papers, I knew your name sounded familiar." He nodded in satisfaction. "Well, I'd be happy to have a civilian consultant along with me." 

He extended his armored hoof to shake Technos. "I'm confident I can track him but... no doubt he's laying some sort of ambush for us. This... thing is no mere criminal. He's been collecting dangerous demonic artifacts for quite some time to use in his rituals, summoning demons, sacrificing innocent souls like you saw here today. Worse yet,"

Gold paused for a moment, glancing at the other three guards who were cursing themselves in private a little distance away. "He's got the Lunar princess fooled into thinking he's some hero. We in the Burning Crusade strongly believe he's one small cog in the daemon's plans to ravage Equestria, but a critical one no less."

Techno shock Gold's hoof with him...

TU: Yeah then definitely we got to get him quite quickly to save the world! Plus the thing with souls is that they are all different like there are souls that are more powerful than others but some souls are so powerful to the point where they could get a lot of dangerous power from capturing them. Anyways Gold maybe you could try tracking him!

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Driz said:

Lory closed her eyes and furrowed her brow, deep in thought. She growled silently for a while. "Y'know, cold lady is right. You didn't have to drag us into your freaky business... But whatever." She shrugged. "It's not like I'm not used to being chased around by the guards anyway. Better than being chased by those demon dudes by a long shot... As long as you know what you're doing." She took a step forward towards the staircase. "And you still owe me a cider!" She added, sending Elias another glare.

Elias led the way down the stone staircase. "Ozzie ya old Nutter where are you? I need your help!" He shouted into the room at the end of the stairs. 

• Brohoof 1

Biohazarddallas @Driz @silvermoon15000 @Star48955

As the group descended the spiral staircase, the entered into a large chamber. It was something one might expect to find in a mage tower, dark and packed with books with various artifacts littered throughout like knickknacks. The bookcases, and a few desks scattered throughout the room, were cluttered with the mystic tomes and dark items. Wooden crates were strewn about the room, sitting at seemingly random locations, each with intricate carved runes on their surfaces. In the center of the room in the middle of all the chaos was a giant map table with a very detailed rendition of the region. At the verry end of the oval shaped chamber, was a raised surface with a giant circle painted on the stone. That, was not covered by clutter. 

It was fairly dark, but a few free floating chandeliers lit the room, but it was a dim light. That's how Ozymandius liked it. A yellow earth stallion, clearly on in years with as many lines on his face as there were on the map in the center, was sitting in a chair at one of the desks. He didn't move, head pulled back staring up at the ceiling in silence. The old yellow earth pony with white hair looked... dead... tongue hanging out and everything. 

@Techno Universal

"Yes indeed. And that's the problem." Gold replied to Techno. "He's meddling in powers he can't possibly fathom, and ponies are dying because of it..." 

For a moment, the Templar looked at the fire, a furious look in his eyes. He shook out of it though, just as he began to channel his magic, his horn turning a light blue. 

"I'm more interested in finding his lair than him though, but it could be halfway across the world for all we know..." He sighed, before slowly nodding to himself. "It's not safe to go through the alleys, but I think the arcane residue is leading towards Brook street."

Gold began walking down the street on the side, channeling his magic to create a light. "Something feels strange about tonight... more so than usual... do you feel it?" He looked back at Techno. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

As the group descended the spiral staircase, the entered into a large chamber. It was something one might expect to find in a mage tower, dark and packed with books with various artifacts littered throughout like knickknacks. The bookcases, and a few desks scattered throughout the room, were cluttered with the mystic tomes and dark items. Wooden crates were strewn about the room, sitting at seemingly random locations, each with intricate carved runes on their surfaces. In the center of the room in the middle of all the chaos was a giant map table with a very detailed rendition of the region. At the verry end of the oval shaped chamber, was a raised surface with a giant circle painted on the stone. That, was not covered by clutter. 

It was fairly dark, but a few free floating chandeliers lit the room, but it was a dim light. That's how Ozymandius liked it. A yellow earth stallion, clearly on in years with as many lines on his face as there were on the map in the center, was sitting in a chair at one of the desks. He didn't move, head pulled back staring up at the ceiling in silence. The old yellow earth pony with white hair looked... dead... tongue hanging out and everything. 

@Techno Universal

"Yes indeed. And that's the problem." Gold replied to Techno. "He's meddling in powers he can't possibly fathom, and ponies are dying because of it..." 

For a moment, the Templar looked at the fire, a furious look in his eyes. He shook out of it though, just as he began to channel his magic, his horn turning a light blue. 

"I'm more interested in finding his lair than him though, but it could be halfway across the world for all we know..." He sighed, before slowly nodding to himself. "It's not safe to go through the alleys, but I think the arcane residue is leading towards Brook street."

Gold began walking down the street on the side, channeling his magic to create a light. "Something feels strange about tonight... more so than usual... do you feel it?" He looked back at Techno. 

Techno was now following Gold through the streets...

TU: Yeah I just started scanning around for magic based signals right now and I'm detecting a number of signals that are in unknown formats. Like back when I was working on magic I was also developing a binery magic signal spell that could be used to broadcast anything to other ponies. Like it was not only for talking to each other through your minds but you could also share anything that was in your mind with others. Like you could send them memories, knowledge information and even whole ability sets. It was once again something that was never finished but I have a feeling that the demons are using it right now with their own format. Like they likely stole the consept of it and used it to further work on it so they could use it themselves.  

• Brohoof 1

Lory entered the chamber and began taking a short stroll around the area, admiring the dimensions of it. She kicked some dust off from the ground and whistled. "Homey." She commented, in a tone of voice that made difficult to find out whether or not she was being sarcastic. The mare continued to absentmindedly examine the bookcases and the tomes that rested cluttered in them, until, not too long after, her eyes met with the figure sitting on the chair.

Immediately, Lory froze in place and began staring at the pony, waiting to see if they would notice her presence. Yet, no response whatsoever. Upon closer inspection, she took notice of the pony's rather awry appearance. She couldn't make out exactly what to think, but to assume Elias' supposed partner had met with a terrible fate.

@Biohazarddallas

Slowly, the mare sidled next to Elias.

"...'ey Weirdo... Is that your friend over there?..." And she pointed at the pony at the desk, hoping he would do something about it.

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Driz said:

Lory entered the chamber and began taking a short stroll around the area, admiring the dimensions of it. She kicked some dust off from the ground and whistled. "Homey." She commented, in a tone of voice that made difficult to find out whether or not she was being sarcastic. The mare continued to absentmindedly examine the bookcases and the tomes that rested cluttered in them, until, not too long after, her eyes met with the figure sitting on the chair.

Immediately, Lory froze in place and began staring at the pony, waiting to see if they would notice her presence. Yet, no response whatsoever. Upon closer inspection, she took notice of the pony's rather awry appearance. She couldn't make out exactly what to think, but to assume Elias' supposed partner had met with a terrible fate.

@Biohazarddallas

Slowly, the mare sidled next to Elias.

"...'ey Weirdo... Is that your friend over there?..." And she pointed at the pony at the desk, hoping he would do something about it.

Elias noticed where she was pointing, "Oh that old plonker's just sleeping and excuse his appearance, you get to looking that way past 800 years." He made his way over to the pony in the chair. "OZZIE WAKE UP!!!!" Elias shouted into his ear. His head snapped forward and a pair of eyes shot open. 

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 1

"Gah!" He shouted, suddenly springing to life and almost falling out of his seat. In the same motion the pony grabbed one of the tomes at his desk to smack Elias on the side of the head with it. 

"Have you no common decency cat!?" Ozzie shouted back at Elias angrily, rubbing his temples he grumbled a few things under his breath. "Why are you back so soon!? Did you even finish getting what I asked!? No, because I see neither the list I gave you nor any shopping bags in your paws!" 

He slowly and unsteadily rose to his hooves. While it looked like the most ungraceful stance ever, the elder pony shoved away any perceived attempts to help others offered him. The earth pony's gaze focusing on the ground rather than anything in front of him. 

"Close my eyes for just a moment and you start sneeking around..." He continued to grumble, moving past Elias to one of the book shelves to sift through the tomes and various knickknacks within, as if merely continuing something that had been interrupted. 

@Techno Universal

"It's all just noise to me. It's tough to pinpoint the origin of all the signals, but we usually use a team of three to triangulate a major source. Unfortunately, I'm the only one Templar in Canterlot at the moment." Gold replied to Techno. 

The darkness was growing around them the further they got from the fire down the street. Not even the lights from the lamps were enough to keep the pitch blackness at bay, and not the moon nor a single star in the sky could be seen. It was almost the same during day, just a haze and nothing but grey sky. 

"Hey... what if..." He paused, looking back at Techno. "How sensitive is your magic detection anyway? I mean, how precise?"

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

"Gah!" He shouted, suddenly springing to life and almost falling out of his seat. In the same motion the pony grabbed one of the tomes at his desk to smack Elias on the side of the head with it. 

"Have you no common decency cat!?" Ozzie shouted back at Elias angrily, rubbing his temples he grumbled a few things under his breath. "Why are you back so soon!? Did you even finish getting what I asked!? No, because I see neither the list I gave you nor any shopping bags in your paws!" 

He slowly and unsteadily rose to his hooves. While it looked like the most ungraceful stance ever, the elder pony shoved away any perceived attempts to help others offered him. The earth pony's gaze focusing on the ground rather than anything in front of him. 

"Close my eyes for just a moment and you start sneeking around..." He continued to grumble, moving past Elias to one of the book shelves to sift through the tomes and various knickknacks within, as if merely continuing something that had been interrupted. 

@Techno Universal

"It's all just noise to me. It's tough to pinpoint the origin of all the signals, but we usually use a team of three to triangulate a major source. Unfortunately, I'm the only one Templar in Canterlot at the moment." Gold replied to Techno. 

The darkness was growing around them the further they got from the fire down the street. Not even the lights from the lamps were enough to keep the pitch blackness at bay, and not the moon nor a single star in the sky could be seen. It was almost the same during day, just a haze and nothing but grey sky. 

"Hey... what if..." He paused, looking back at Techno. "How sensitive is your magic detection anyway? I mean, how precise?"

TU: Well Gold I actually have control over the sensitivity on the magic detection and it's literally only set to 5% right now. But still I can't put the sensitivity up too high otherwise there would be too many signals getting picked up and because I see all of them with top accuracy it basically gets too much for my mental system to take. Plus I've also gotta be careful that I don't allow any demonic items to enter my system through the signals as that would mean that I would get possessed if I let one of those items through.

• Brohoof 1

StarSnow watched the exchange between the two with a blank face.When it was done however,she trotted over to Elias and allowed herself a small smile.                         

"You know, I think I like him."

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow watched the exchange between the two with a blank face.When it was done however,she trotted over to Elias and allowed herself a small smile.                         

"You know, I think I like him."

Elias rubbed his head, almost a millennia old and Ozzie still had a mean swing. "He's a decent bloke, cranky an demanding at times but good where it counts." he said to star. "Now," he said addressing the rest of the group and making his way to a small rune covered box. "Just need to deposit this here locket into one of my containment boxes and then we can be on our way." He placed the locket inside, then walked over to the large magical circle. "With half the damned city lookin for us we can't get to the castle in any conventional way. So our best bet is a teleportation spell." He said gesturing toward the circle he was now standing in the center of. "However, I've only got enough juice to send myself and two of you, up there. So time to decide who's going with me I guess. Ozzie, hold down the fort for me will ya! And make sure nobody touches anything!"

• Brohoof 1