Register now to remove this ad.
Corvino

OOC
The Hunters of the Damned OOC

93 posts in this topic

The roleplay: 

 

Hello boys and girls, fillies and colts! (And everyone else!) I have been around the site for a couple of weeks now and finally decided to post this. Dunno why it took so long seeing that it's the one reason I joined this site for originally.

SO, sorry for the introduction but on to the point! A Fallout Equestria roleplay. The few I have seen are closed/private so I decided to open up a new one. This is not intended to be a 1 on 1 but we'll see who is interested. (I would definitely like more players than one besides me though.) The plot is very much open at this point and I would like to invite you guys to plan with me! (Hence the "planning" tag.) The general idea would be just adventuring in the wastes with numerous side quests and whatnot. 

I think "Fallout Equestria roleplay" sounds quite bland, so if you have any name suggestions please lemme hear 'em! It's just like that so people know what's up.

Sorry if this seems a little bit rushed and unprofessional, tried to compress everything together without too much rambling. :D

Few rules:

1. FoE is pretty grim so let's keep the violence and death toned down a notch.
2. Obviously respect the site rules in all other aspects too.
3. I am not an experienced DM so you can aid with the moderating.

I will be using my OC Junker.

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Corvino
1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corvino said:

Hello boys and girls, fillies and colts! (And everyone else!) I have been around the site for a couple of weeks now and finally decided to post this. Dunno why it took so long seeing that it's the one reason I joined this site for originally.

SO, sorry for the introduction but on to the point! A Fallout Equestria roleplay. The few I have seen are closed/private so I decided to open up a new one. This is not intended to be a 1 on 1 but we'll see who is interested. (I would definitely like more players than one besides me though.) The plot is very much open at this point and I would like to invite you guys to plan with me! (Hence the "planning" tag.) The general idea would be just adventuring in the wastes with numerous side quests and whatnot. 

I think "Fallout Equestria roleplay" sounds quite bland, so if you have any name suggestions please lemme hear 'em! It's just like that so people know what's up.

Sorry if this seems a little bit rushed and unprofessional, tried to compress everything together without too much rambling. :D

Few rules:

1. FoE is pretty grim so let's keep the violence and death toned down a notch.
2. Obviously respect the site rules in all other aspects too.
3. I am not an experienced DM so you can aid with the moderating.

I will be using my OC Junker.

Thanks for your interest!

I am quite interested in this, I tried to start a FoE RP not to long ago and it failed horribly. I would gladly plan and join this RP.

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, you're in! You may post your character info here and then we may begin to plan out the grand scheme of things as we wait for more people. 

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corvino said:

Hello boys and girls, fillies and colts! (And everyone else!) I have been around the site for a couple of weeks now and finally decided to post this. Dunno why it took so long seeing that it's the one reason I joined this site for originally.

SO, sorry for the introduction but on to the point! A Fallout Equestria roleplay. The few I have seen are closed/private so I decided to open up a new one. This is not intended to be a 1 on 1 but we'll see who is interested. (I would definitely like more players than one besides me though.) The plot is very much open at this point and I would like to invite you guys to plan with me! (Hence the "planning" tag.) The general idea would be just adventuring in the wastes with numerous side quests and whatnot. 

I think "Fallout Equestria roleplay" sounds quite bland, so if you have any name suggestions please lemme hear 'em! It's just like that so people know what's up.

Sorry if this seems a little bit rushed and unprofessional, tried to compress everything together without too much rambling. :D

Few rules:

1. FoE is pretty grim so let's keep the violence and death toned down a notch.
2. Obviously respect the site rules in all other aspects too.
3. I am not an experienced DM so you can aid with the moderating.

I will be using my OC Junker.

Thanks for your interest!

I may be interested too, I have a soldier OC, I could change him a bit to fit Fallout Equestria theme, but I don't promise anything before the story/plot is planned. 

2 people brohoof this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, you are in for as long as you like. @The Cerberus Just post your characters info here when you feel like it and you're all set!

So, I've had a couple of ideas forming in my head during the past days. (As for the main plot). First one would be the "Alicorn hunters" theme, where a group of wastelanders (that happens to be us), is set on terminating the artificial alicorns 9-10 years before the events of FoE fanfic. That is roughly when their production began. As they rise in power, so do those who oppose them. Difficulties with this would be the alicorns themselves, as we'd really have to plan out the encounters because they are extremely powerful. (And who would roleplay them or would we just describe their actions through our characters POV's.)

Second would be a slightly more basic plotline where we heed the call of the local settlers and attempt to erase a ruthless raider group (location tbd). Not as thought out as the first one but it can be easily added to once more details are figured.

Do you guys have any main plot ideas? Or anything to add to these ones invented by me? Time to start thinkin'!

Edited by Corvino
2 people brohoof this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Corvino said:

Alright, you are in for as long as you feel like it. @The Cerberus Just post your characters info here when you feel like it and you're all set!

So, I've had a couple of ideas forming in my head during the past days. (As for the main plot). First one would be the "Alicorn hunters" theme, where a group of wastelanders (that happens to be us), is set on terminating the artificial alicorns 9-10 years before the events of FoE fanfic. That is roughly when their production began. As they rise in power, so do those who oppose them. Difficulties with this would be the alicorns themselves, as we'd really have to plan out the encounters because they are extremely powerful. (And who would roleplay them or would we just describe their actions through our characters POV's.)

Second would be a slightly more basic plotline where we heed the call of the local settlers and attempt to erase a ruthless raider group (location tbd). Not as thought out as the first one but it can be easily added to once more details are figured.

Do you guys have any main plot ideas? Or anything to add to these ones invented by me? Time to start thinkin'!

I kind of like the alicorn hunters theme, but for their controller it should be the DM, who controls what they do, but the characters act out to their actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Corvino said:

Alright, you are in for as long as you like. @The Cerberus Just post your characters info here when you feel like it and you're all set!

So, I've had a couple of ideas forming in my head during the past days. (As for the main plot). First one would be the "Alicorn hunters" theme, where a group of wastelanders (that happens to be us), is set on terminating the artificial alicorns 9-10 years before the events of FoE fanfic. That is roughly when their production began. As they rise in power, so do those who oppose them. Difficulties with this would be the alicorns themselves, as we'd really have to plan out the encounters because they are extremely powerful. (And who would roleplay them or would we just describe their actions through our characters POV's.)

Second would be a slightly more basic plotline where we heed the call of the local settlers and attempt to erase a ruthless raider group (location tbd). Not as thought out as the first one but it can be easily added to once more details are figured.

Do you guys have any main plot ideas? Or anything to add to these ones invented by me? Time to start thinkin'!

It's 1am to me so I'm going to bed now, so I will post the character and my input to the story planning tomorrow. 

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

I kind of like the alicorn hunters theme, but for their controller it should be the DM, who controls what they do, but the characters act out to their actions.

Yeah, I guess it's only logical that I would roleplay them. (Depending on how many people we will get, maybe someone else too for the sake of variation.) 

So, building up on the same main plot idea, where would the rp be set? Maybe somewhere further away and then the characters try to make a journey to Splendid Valley where the Ministry of Arcane Sciences is located? All the side quests and shenanigans would be had on the journey and all of it would climax when they attempt to destroy the facility?

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Corvino said:

Alright, you are in for as long as you like. @The Cerberus Just post your characters info here when you feel like it and you're all set!

So, I've had a couple of ideas forming in my head during the past days. (As for the main plot). First one would be the "Alicorn hunters" theme, where a group of wastelanders (that happens to be us), is set on terminating the artificial alicorns 9-10 years before the events of FoE fanfic. That is roughly when their production began. As they rise in power, so do those who oppose them. Difficulties with this would be the alicorns themselves, as we'd really have to plan out the encounters because they are extremely powerful. (And who would roleplay them or would we just describe their actions through our characters POV's.)

Second would be a slightly more basic plotline where we heed the call of the local settlers and attempt to erase a ruthless raider group (location tbd). Not as thought out as the first one but it can be easily added to once more details are figured.

Do you guys have any main plot ideas? Or anything to add to these ones invented by me? Time to start thinkin'!

I agree with 

13 hours ago, silvermoon15000 said:

I kind of like the alicorn hunters theme, but for their controller it should be the DM, who controls what they do, but the characters act out to their actions.

But I have a one question, how much do I need to know about the Fanfic? I have only read little bit from a start and that was about year ago. 

 

Quote

a group of wastelanders

And would it be aright if my Character was part of some kind of militarist group (similar to BoS, NCR, Gunners....)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

But I have a one question, how much do I need to know about the Fanfic? I have only read little bit from a start and that was about year ago.

I can explain things, right here and on the fly. So if something arises, just ask me (or possibly silver if he's read more into it too). But to answer your question shortly, no, you don't need to have that much knowledge, as long as you know the bare bones basics we're good. :D The fic has it's own wiki too so you can check that out in case something arises.

23 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

And would it be aright if my Character was part of some kind of militarist group (similar to BoS, NCR, Gunners....)?

There are no BoS, NCR or Gunners in the main fic but they are replaced by something similar, like there are "Steel Rangers" who are technically BoS and so on. My character is a Steel Rangers defector so I see no harm in it though. (Also, this is just an rp so we can 'change' the facts a little in case you really want to be a let's say, gunner or something as long as Silver's fine with it.)

(NCR exists though, but it's only after Littlepip's storyline began. So it depends on the main plot we're gonna take and what time it's set in. Like for example if we take the alicorn one, 9-10 years before her, NCR doesn't exist and so on.)

Edited by Corvino
1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corvino said:

 

There are no BoS, NCR or Gunners in the main fic but they are replaced by something similar, like there are "Steel Rangers" who are technically BoS and so on. My character is a Steel Rangers defector so I see no harm in it though. (Also, this is just an rp so we can 'change' the facts a little in case you really want to be a let's say, gunner or something as long as Silver's fine with it.)

(NCR exists though, but it's only after Littlepip's storyline began. So it depends on the main plot we're gonna take and what time it's set in. Like for example if we take the alicorn one, 9-10 years before her, those don't exist and so on.)

Well, I mentioned BoS, NCR and Gunners only as example of type of faction I meant. Basically my Character will be equipped with something like sniper and light-smg, using only light/medium armor (in short, no power armor), so I was thinking if there would be some kind of faction that would have that that type of equipment and was military-like (like BoS, NCR and Gunners are) because my Character is type of "person" that would join that type of group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main factions are Grand Pegasus Enclave, New Canterlot Republic (NCR), Steel Rangers, Applejack's Rangers (defected Steel Rangers that joined Steelhooves), Dashites (Enclave defectors), Raiders & Zebra Empire.

So if your chara is a wing pone then I recommend GPE (Though they rarely deal with outsiders) or Dashites. Earth Pony or unicorn is usually in Steel Rangers or Applejack's Rangers. Raiders can ofc be anything and Zebra Empire is pretty self-explanatory. 

Steel Rangers are known for their power armor but not all of them use it so that's an option. NCR does not have too much info on it but you can probably guess that it's very similar to the New Vegas NCR, so it works too! (Here's a wiki page for them, has some basics. http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/New_Canterlot_Republic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corvino said:

The main factions are Grand Pegasus Enclave, New Canterlot Republic (NCR), Steel Rangers, Applejack's Rangers (defected Steel Rangers that joined Steelhooves), Dashites (Enclave defectors), Raiders & Zebra Empire.

So if your chara is a wing pone then I recommend GPE (Though they rarely deal with outsiders) or Dashites. Earth Pony or unicorn is usually in Steel Rangers or Applejack's Rangers. Raiders can ofc be anything and Zebra Empire is pretty self-explanatory. 

Steel Rangers are known for their power armor but not all of them use it so that's an option. NCR does not have too much info on it but you can probably guess that it's very similar to the New Vegas NCR, so it works too! (Here's a wiki page for them, has some basics. http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/New_Canterlot_Republic)

He's unicorn, so i guess either NCR, Steel Rangers or Applejack's Rangers. I take Applejack's Rangers are some kind of traitors? (language barrier, I figured defected meant that they changed side?) if yes, then they probably are out of question, since my character's main personality trait is his loyalty (his name is synonyms to Loyal Loyalty :P ) but then comes the question, how do Steel Rangers handle defectors? because my character takes orders above morals. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steel Rangers used to believe in defending Equestria and her people as Applejack was their leader, but as time passed their morals became warped and nowadays they care about innocent lives about as much as the dirt below their hooves and are more into recovering lost technology. (Little spoilers) After their unprovoked and brutal attack on Stable 2 a pony by the name of Steelhooves deserted and with some other defected Rangers established "Applejack's Rangers" who aim to follow the original idea of protecting innocents.

They were not friends as you may probably tell, but they did (Little spoilers) fight side by side when the Enclave began their assault on the Wasteland.

(And defected means "abandon one's country or cause in favour of an opposing one.")

Edited by Corvino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Corvino said:

Steel Rangers used to believe in defending Equestria and her people as Applejack was their leader, but as time passed their morals became warped and nowadays they care about innocent lives about as much as the dirt below their hooves and are more into recovering lost technology. (Little spoilers) After their unprovoked and brutal attack on Stable 2 a pony by the name of Steelhooves deserted and with some other defected Rangers established "Applejack's Rangers" who aim to follow the original idea of protecting innocents.

They were not friends as you may probably tell, but they did (Little spoilers) fight side by side when the Enclave began their assault on the Wasteland.

(And defected means "abandon one's country or cause in favour of an opposing one.")

In that case he actually might be part of Applejack's Rangers, but when the RP takes place(how long after the attack, is it only a story, or has it happened when our characters were already born?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still up to debate. Depending on what story we will go with in the first place. :D The Alicorn hunter one can take place anywhere before the facility is (spoilers) nuked. So I think your character can belong to AJ's rangers. They are known for their red painted power armor but he's fine without one as long as he's a defected Steel Rangers member. ^^ 

EDIT: Here's a wiki link for them in case you want to know more. http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Applejack's_Rangers

 

Edited by Corvino
1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Corvino said:

It's still up to debate. Depending on what story we will go with in the first place. :D The Alicorn hunter one can take place anywhere before the facility is (spoilers) nuked. So I think your character can belong to AJ's rangers. They are known for their red painted power armor but he's fine without one as long as he's a defected Steel Rangers member. ^^ 

 

Aright, I post information on my character in some point, would it be okay if he was wearing armor similar to this 

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Ponified and with color scheme/details fitting for AJ's ranger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why of course! Always room for some badass NCR ranger look-alikes! :D

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, here's the character.
 

Spoiler

Name: Staunch Fidelity
Age: Twenty something
He's Unicorn and Male
Appearance: Doesn't have picture but:
His coat is #74C365
He's Blonde and his mane and tail are short (similar to this OC's)
Eyes are same color as my avatar's
Wears the armor mentioned before


Cutie Mark and talent: I haven't actually came up with cutie mark for him but let's say it's something gun related. His talent is his ability to quickly master most weapons he gets his hoofs on. (no melee weapons, only weapons that shoot something). Besides handling weapons, his magic is pretty much useless in combat, he only knows basic things that every unicorn can do.

Personality: He's loyal pony who follows orders from someone he is vowed to obey without question. He respects Commanders, Generals and other leaders to certain extend, even if they are considered enemies. He doesn't really have personal morals, he follows the rules given by those who he serves, and if he haven't gotten straight order that he isn't allowed to do something, he will probably do it as long as it doesn't violate his other orders.

Backstory: Staunch was born and raised to be steel ranger but he never saw the leaders as someone he wanted to follow, and in some point his father left the faction disappearing, but still he stayed loyal to them, until....

One day when he was on a mission of recovering tech with a team that consisted of him and five others, they got ambushed by unknown group that utterly destroyed the team, leaving only him. After the ambush Staunch still finished the mission, but when he was going back to turn in the mission, he received information that knowledge of the ambush had already reached his commander somehow, and he had gotten blame for it without change to defend himself.

He then traveled as a loner for some time until he found the faction called Applejack's Rangers and he learned that his father had joined them after his disappearance, although he had fallen in service some time ago. He then joined them.

 

Equipment:
Refurbished Sniper with his initials carved on it. Also has silencer and bipod to go with it.
and for secondary, 10mm submachine gun and a knife.

 

Edited by The Cerberus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I have a very rough knowledge of Fallout, but the premise has always interested me. Would you be okay rping with a novice on the subject?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely! @Superwholock and as I said to Cerberus, you can always ask or read the wiki in case something goes over your head. Just post your character and you are welcome to join and plan this out with us!

@The Cerberus That character sounds really cool and fitting! I dig the backstory even if it's short (like mine). We both seemingly like to evolve our characters through rp.

 

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever you prefer! Sure, things are to be changed since we aren't in the happy Equestria anymore but it's nuke blasted sinkhole cousin so not everything in your bios probably applies. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go with Virgil then since he has the past of a pirate and doesn't really fit in with the whole 'happy go lucky' Equestria.

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so I have some more input to share. Just a reminder, if you come up with something please let us hear it so that it can be looked at and possibly integrated to the upcoming rp! This also includes the scenario where you disagree with me/others, just let all of your thoughts out!

So, building more on the alicorn theme as there has been no suggestions for anything else. Depending on where all of your characters are located, we choose a starting point. Since my character and possibly Cerberus' characters originate from the Manehattan contingent of Steel Rangers where also the Applejack's Rangers are located, the city would be a pretty solid choice. Of course depending on Superwholock's and Silver's characters as they have not given too much detail on theirs as of yet.

The plot would go as follows:

When a pair of alicorns has carried out yet another devastating attack on the ponies around the city, a solitary settler mare took a great risk and put up a distress signal on her makeshift radio beacon in order to call for help. Wastelanders from very different backgrounds arrive on the spot, some in it for the adventure, some for the riches and some for the good cause. (Us) They band together in order to accomplish a mission, a mission most would call suicide, to bring the fight to the "Goddess" herself and end the misery of thousands once and for all. The raiders shiver when they hear their name, the I.M.P mutated alicorns fade their arrogant grins and the Hellhounds bail tails between their legs. They are the Hunters of the Damned, and they are coming for you.

They will travel from the sprawling Friendship City of Manehattan, through the wasteland deserts and the dark Everfree Forest all the way to the deepest reaches of Splendid Valley where the evil Goddess casts her tools of absolute destruction, the alicorns. Our band of wanderers will face threats that would give even the most hardened soldier nightmares, but together they are strong and together they will overcome!

How'd you guys like it?:D

Edited by Corvino
2 people brohoof this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.