Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Hunters of the Damned OOC

Gabriel

Thanks a ton @The Cerberus I will be doing that in a second. On a phone here in classes so I will figure out how to link stuff with this Honor 7. (No idea why I forgot that in the first place. Just me being dumb again I guess.)

@Techno Universal That would be somewhat fine with me but since you just hopped in before I pressed the "private" button, I will let democracy within the team decide.

There is a problem though. Even if you downgraded your OC he's still an alicorn, correct? Since the alicorns are the main antagonists in this play I think it would not really work out that well. 

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Corvino said:

Thanks a ton @The Cerberus I will be doing that in a second. On a phone here in classes so I will figure out how to link stuff with this Honor 7. (No idea why I forgot that in the first place. Just me being dumb again I guess.)

@Techno Universal That would be somewhat fine with me but since you just hopped in before I pressed the "private" button, I will let democracy within the team decide.

There is a problem though. Even if you downgraded your OC he's still an alicorn, correct? Since the alicorns are the main antagonists in this play I think it would not really work out that well. 

Yeah for Techno I had the idea of him getting damaged from the nuclear blasts into a condition that he would never be able to repair himself. Like half of his endoskeleton would be exposed because of massive holes in his external skin plus I was even thinking that he wouldn't be able to fly anymore because of one of his wings being mostly destroyed. Just maybe Techno would have his massive cape but still his cape possibly survived everything Techno got damaged through because of how the cape has it's own inbuilt magic based shielding to protect itself from damage. :)

1 hour ago, Corvino said:

My opinion is that it depends, Techno will have to be downgraded a lot since he's basically god, nobody likes OP characters in RPs with combat, and there have to be a good reason why rest of characters would trust him, since the main mission is to kill alicorns, why would this specific alicorn be okay and trusted, even if it was a like a broken robot. 

Also more directly to @Techno Universal, If you are planning to ignore parts of posts like you did in the 1x1, I will probably drop out from this RP pretty quickly. 

-edit- also, If Techno ends up being part of the RP, please no "Everyone is machine created by Techno"-thing.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

My opinion is that it depends, Techno will have to be downgraded a lot since he's basically god, nobody likes OP characters in RPs with combat, and there have to be a good reason why rest of characters would trust him, since the main mission is to kill alicorns, why would this specific alicorn be okay and trusted, even if it was a like a broken robot. 

Also more directly to @Techno Universal, If you are planning to ignore parts of posts like you did in the 1x1, I will probably drop out from this RP pretty quickly. 

Yeah with my plan of Techno getting mostly destroyed is pretty much the best way to downgrade him! Plus he also lost most of his memory so he would not longer know his past and in the RP Techno main mission will be just to avoid threats and to survive. Like he's really maybe no stronger than a unicorn in the RP so he would easily get destroyed with quite a bit of firepower. :)

Alright, so I'm still a bit skeptical on how he would fit into the world as beings of his magnitude were not present even before the "Last Day" if we follow the fiction canon. And his race would most likely make him a target to the Hunters if nothing else. 

You have a thing going with his downgrades but would you have any plans on how he would be handled in the play? Is he supposed to be trusted? Is he an enemy? How would he be encountered?

I need a lot of details to make such a radical change in the roleplay, downgraded or not.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Corvino said:

Alright, so I'm still a bit skeptical on how he would fit into the world as beings of his magnitude were not present even before the "Last Day" if we follow the fiction canon. And his race would most likely make him a target to the Hunters if nothing else. 

You have a thing going with his downgrades but would you have any plans on how he would be handled in the play? Is he supposed to be trusted? Is he an enemy? How would he be encountered?

I need a lot of details to make such a radical change in the roleplay, downgraded or not.

Well for how he gets encountered maybe he gets found after he was attacked by an enemy so he's laying on the ground unable to move at the time he's found. Though I'm planning that he would be trusted as he's going to be helping out the main group in the RP with stuff. Plus he also then develops the mission inside his head of keeping them alive so he like develops emotions for the group. :) 

I have dealt with Techno a lot in almost every rp, he gets turned down a lot because his character is simply an alicorn, there are 2 issues concerning FoE, alicorns are only female and plus no pony invented a robotic alicorn, we could switch things up a bit but I would like to stick with the canon-verse. Nothing against you Tech, but you just don't fit here unless you drop the alicorn factor completely.

8 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

I have dealt with Techno a lot in almost every rp, he gets turned down a lot because his character is simply an alicorn, there are 2 issues concerning FoE, alicorns are only female and plus no pony invented a robotic alicorn, we could switch things up a bit but I would like to stick with the canon-verse. Nothing against you Tech, but you just don't fit here unless you drop the alicorn factor completely.

Yeah maybe a way to compensate for it up is just to say that Techno is not even from Equestria but he was a lost being from a deceased pony civilisation that was from another part of the universe. Like he landed in equestria only to be blown up by the nukes just days later. He then just accepted everything as reality so he then just got the intentions I mentioned earlier. But still it is often fun to have things here and there in the RP that stand out! :)

Edited by Techno Universal

I just like to point out that that it's kinda ironic that you @Techno Universal ignored parts of my post when one of the things was 

22 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

If you are planning to ignore parts of posts like you did in the 1x1, I will probably drop out from this RP pretty quickly.

and you haven't still explained answer to this

22 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

there have to be a good reason why rest of characters would trust him, since the main mission is to kill alicorns, why would this specific alicorn be okay and trusted, even if it was a like a broken robot. 

because even if he was found injured, there's no reason for character to not just finish him because he's alicorn, and considering that at least two characters lack decent morals, that would be very likely to happen.

6 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

But still it is often fun to have things here and there in the RP that stand out!

often yes but in can also ruin the RP just as often so that really doesn't count to anything. 

I second @silvermoon15000

2 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

I just like to point out that that it's kinda ironic that you @Techno Universal ignored parts of my post when one of the things was 

and you haven't still explained answer to this

because even if he was found injured, there's no reason for character to not just finish him because he's alicorn, and considering that at least two characters lack decent morals, that would be very likely to happen.

often yes but in can also ruin the RP just as often so that really doesn't count to anything. 

I second @silvermoon15000

Yeah really you just have to remember that I pretty much read everything in an RP post and I never really ignore anything even though it may just appear that way on the surface. Like everything that it looked like I ignored really just got saved to my memory and it wasn't determined necessary to refer to those particular details in my reply. Anyways because Techno is a machine they would probably get interested in him so before actually destroying him they would probably try to investigate him. Like they might try to access his memory and his program. Anyways because how I'm really intelligent I can really try to make something stand out in a good and fun way and not in a way where it ruins and kills the RP! :) 

34 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Techno is a machine they would probably get interested in him so before actually destroying him they would probably try to investigate him. Like they might try to access his memory and his program.

I can't talk for others but for example my character wouldn't do that because he doesn't care about technology and would probably just check if there was anything he could use like ammo. We are in post-nuclear war time, you don't just get interested about robot's memory and program, hay, most of the ponies probably don't understand anything about any kind of technology.

40 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Anyways because how I'm really intelligent I can really try to make something stand out in a good and fun way and not in a way where it ruins and kills the RP!

I personally don't want comic relief or something that steals the show by "standing out" to this RP but like said it's group's democratic choice, and I'm afraid I vote no

44 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

I never really ignore anything even though it may just appear that way on the surface. Like everything that it looked like I ignored really just got saved to my memory and it wasn't determined necessary to refer to those particular details in my reply.

It would be otherwise fine and dandy but when those parts "you save to your memory" and don't refer to are questions or something similar....it makes writing them pointless.

I'm sorry if I sound like a-hole but rather to be honest than lie to please.

Now, I leave rest of the choice for rest of the group, i have given my "vote". 

Yeah I just got the idea that probably the group would take Techno back to the base to try and make him into some sort of insanely OP weapon but Techno would start up again just before they dismantle him! Like they would probably see the technology on him as parts that would be vital for creating an insanely OP weapon. :)

26 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I just got the idea that probably the group would take Techno back to the base to try and make him into some sort of insanely OP weapon but Techno would start up again just before they dismantle him! Like they would probably see the technology on him as parts that would be vital for creating an insanely OP weapon. :)

I said I leave rest to the others but I have to say, to my understanding, there is no base, these are random ponies who answer to call of help and they choose to cooperate, ex-raider, a bounty hunter, AJ's-ranger and a sailor. Also, others can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I understood, not single one of the characters would have the knowledge, skill or desire to create a OP weapon, also that would also kinda defeat the purpose of the RP.

and again, the point stands, in this case you suggested, why wouldn't for example my character just shoot Techno in the head when he starts moving. Also, with no knowledge of technology, how could someone know that they need certain technology to create something...

Okay now really. @Corvino @silvermoon15000 and @Superwholock

I leave rest to you, I have "cast my vote".

9 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

I said I leave rest to the others but I have to say, to my understanding, there is no base, these are random ponies who answer to call of help and they choose to cooperate, ex-raider, a bounty hunter, AJ's-ranger and a sailor. Also, others can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I understood, not single one of the characters would have the knowledge, skill or desire to create a OP weapon, also that would also kinda defeat the purpose of the RP.

and again, the point stands, in this case you suggested, why wouldn't for example my character just shoot Techno in the head when he starts moving. Also, with no knowledge of technology, how could someone know that they need certain technology to create something...

Okay now really. @Corvino @silvermoon15000 and @Superwholock

I leave rest to you, I have "cast my vote".

Yeah because his technology is literally just high amounts of magic getting artificially controlled by a CPU it should be easy for the group to understand of how they could just directly rewire the thick cables inside him directly to his horn to get a super powerful laser gun. :)

1 hour ago, The Cerberus said:

That is all correct. My OC has only sort of, "ambient knowledge" of tech as he does indeed bear a modified power armor, which directly translates to technology and fiddling with it, but that's as far as it goes for him. His actual knowledge base is only very marginal, IQ seemingly on the negatives at times. Insanely bad, even radical decision making and temper paying tribute to this.

Entire point of the roleplay is working as a team to fight against billion to one odds, and thus an "insanely OP weapon" is a no no. Anything considered "op" in fact, is. (I guessed it would go without saying though). For example, while my character has a minigun AND a chain 'nade launcher, he is slow, he is dumb and his armor, while upgraded with various custom parts is not the most polished thing out here. I am not saying "no" yet as I would really like to allow anyone who showed interest to join, but it's on thin ice. I am really desirous to make Techno work somehow but it's a question without an answer at the moment. 

So, I will try to break everything down here and then we can see if we can come up with a plan that pleases everyone. 

There are no male alicorns in the fic, all of them are female and mutated from ponies that were previously regular. Natural alicorns such as Celestia and Luna are long gone.(Not going to spoil though) The tech is not advanced enough to bless the existence of a robot that closely resembling a pony, alicorn for that matter. Only robots we see even somewhat resemble a pony are the robobrains. Others are often times varying types of multi-legged monstrosities or Ultra-Sentinels. There is only one exception, but that is a several stories tall war machine. You have given a plan in which he is an extraterrestrial. While it could be "fun and different", it destroys the lore worse than the megaspells when they swiped Equestria.

His power, it is too immense, to the point of breaking the play. Yes, he can be downgraded and downgraded, but all of your plans include something "OP" such as making a weapon out of his horn etc. I really do not want to chain anyone down and start setting rules for their own OC's but what else can be done? If you are going to make him damaged beyond repair and flightless, what is the point of adding those wings in the first place? Cybernetics are a thing in FoE, can he not just be a unicorn with plenty of cybernetic mods to give him that robotic look? Heck, there even is a unicorn (namely Blackjack) who has had surgeries made for her, granting her cybernetic wings. Albeit a lot worse than regular wings they still work. (Project Horizons, still canon enough for me. :D)

These are my main concerns as I am writing this post. Also, if you do get into the roleplay, I would kindly ask that you addressed everything others state in their posts, try to figure out at least something so they would not feel ignored.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Corvino said:

That is all correct. My OC has only sort of, "ambient knowledge" of tech as he does indeed bear a modified power armor, which directly translates to technology and fiddling with it, but that's as far as it goes for him. His actual knowledge base is only very marginal, IQ seemingly on the negatives at times. Insanely bad, even radical decision making and temper paying tribute to this.

Entire point of the roleplay is working as a team to fight against billion to one odds, and thus an "insanely OP weapon" is a no no. Anything considered "op" in fact, is. (I guessed it would go without saying though). For example, while my character has a minigun AND a chain 'nade launcher, he is slow, he is dumb and his armor, while upgraded with various custom parts is not the most polished thing out here. I am not saying "no" yet as I would really like to allow anyone who showed interest to join, but it's on thin ice. I am really desirous to make Techno work somehow but it's a question without an answer at the moment. 

So, I will try to break everything down here and then we can see if we can come up with a plan that pleases everyone. 

There are no male alicorns in the fic, all of them are female and mutated from ponies that were previously regular. Natural alicorns such as Celestia and Luna are long gone.(Not going to spoil though) The tech is not advanced enough to bless the existence of a robot that closely resembling a pony, alicorn for that matter. Only robots we see even somewhat resemble a pony are the robobrains. Others are often times varying types of multi-legged monstrosities or Ultra-Sentinels. There is only one exception, but that is a several stories tall war machine. You have given a plan in which he is an extraterrestrial. While it could be "fun and different", it destroys the lore worse than the megaspells when they swiped Equestria.

His power, it is too immense, to the point of breaking the play. Yes, he can be downgraded and downgraded, but all of your plans include something "OP" such as making a weapon out of his horn etc. I really do not want to chain anyone down and start setting rules for their own OC's but what else can be done? If you are going to make him damaged beyond repair and flightless, what is the point of adding those wings in the first place? Cybernetics are a thing in FoE, can he not just be a unicorn with plenty of cybernetic mods to give him that robotic look? Heck, there even is a unicorn (namely Blackjack) who has had surgeries made for her, granting her cybernetic wings. Albeit a lot worse than regular wings they still work. (Project Horizons, still canon enough for me. :D)

These are my main concerns as I am writing this post. Also, if you do get into the roleplay, I would kindly ask that you addressed everything others state in their posts, try to figure out at least something so they would not feel ignored.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Yeah I was also considering to make Techno a unicorn to as that's worked out very well in a couple of other RPs where alicorn characters have been strictly prohibited. Plus maybe he's been completely rebuilt into a cybernetic body with only his brain as the only biological part of him. :)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I was also considering to make Techno a unicorn to as that's worked out very well in a couple of other RPs where alicorn characters have been strictly prohibited. Plus maybe he's been completely rebuilt into a cybernetic body with only his brain as the only biological part of him. :)

My vote is "no" simply because I focus a lot on lore in rps and stories alike, a robotic unicorn or alicorn just doesn't fit, not until Kkat decides to make a book based on fallout 4, which wont happen, I'm sorry if I am sounding rude but its fact.

@Superwholock I thought you were using only one character. :D Didn't even think of a limit to be honest, but I assume you are not bringing a mob of 20 ponies ashore at least? How many you had planned? If you really want to use two characters, go for it, just be sure you have the motivation to rp them both to the finish, (unless something happens to the other.) I shall be expecting for Syren's form.

Also, good for you in case you didn't know,  Manehattan is a coastal city so it should make things easy for you.

Edited by Corvino

Nah, the rest'll be just minor characters, but the way I kinda picture it, Syren and Virgil have known each other a long time, so he's obviously gonna come with. I figured it would just be the two of them.

Not my greatest work in terms of backstory, but here he is

Edited by Superwholock

@Superwholock He looks radical! Almost wished that was my oc. :D The backstory is good too, does the job. He's accepted.

Also, what is your stance on the Techno dilemma? I have faith that you got something to say, even if you didn't know him beforehand. Then everyone has said a piece of their mind so I can draw a conclusive picture.

6 minutes ago, Superwholock said:

I actually have rped with him before. Yeah, his character's pretty OP, and he at least tries to make his character an average character, but I agree that his being an alicorn doesn't make him fit in this rp

Yeah it looks like I'll be implementing Techno in as a unicorn then! Like I've planned that he's going to be almost completely cybernetic except for his brain plus he will of course be highly damaged in the RP as most of his endoskeleton will be exposed! :)

So I may have just given a subplot between Nighteye and Stauch, because Stauch thinks all Nighteye is, is somepony who shoots for money and just knows how to shoot a gun, so later on there may or may not be a moment where Nighteye may have to reason with an enemy to not only prove he isn't all guns but to also prove he is more sane than most of the wastelanders. If you don't want that, that is fine, but it would make for a great moment.

2 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

So I may have just given a subplot between Nighteye and Stauch, because Stauch thinks all Nighteye is, is somepony who shoots for money and just knows how to shoot a gun, so later on there may or may not be a moment where Nighteye may have to reason with an enemy to not only prove he isn't all guns but to also prove he is more sane than most of the wastelanders. If you don't want that, that is fine, but it would make for a great moment.

I don't mind the idea, but I just want to clarify that Staunch doesn't think Nighteye is "somebody who shoots for money and just knows how to shoot a gun" (in fact, he thinks that about himself, he's just loyal pony who knows how to shoot), it more that he doesn't see anything special about him, he isn't scared of him, he doesn't respect he any more than any other wastelander etc. his thinking is more like...it's the same as somebody thinking that for example Beyoncé is just a normal human that happens to be good at something.

• Brohoof 1