Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Hunters of the Damned OOC

Gabriel

5 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

I don't mind the idea, but I just want to clarify that Staunch doesn't think Nighteye is "somebody who shoots for money and just knows how to shoot a gun" (in fact, he thinks that about himself, he's just loyal pony who knows how to shoot), it more that he doesn't see anything special about him, he isn't scared of him, he doesn't respect he any more than any other wastelander etc. his thinking is more like...it's the same as somebody thinking that for example Beyoncé is just a normal human that happens to be good at something.

Thank you for clarifying through here, it seemed like Staunch was one of those not scared and judges everything through action.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

Thank you for clarifying through here, it seemed like Staunch was one of those not scared and judges everything through action.

Well, for him you can be special only if you are part of coordinated group, higher your rank, more he respects you get from him, if you are just a lone bounty hunter, then it is fully your actions that matter (when he sees said actions of course.). :) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Techno Universal So, there are two "No's", one "Yes" and one "Maybe", which does not really advance the situation unfortunately.

So, I'll say this: Unicorn is an acceptable race, yes, but please give me as best of a description of him as possible in the form of a standard OC application. I'd love to know his looks, cutie mark, personality and backstory in detail so I can judge this myself once and for all.

I have been hesitant because I don't want anyone calling it quits because of this, so please, give it as much effort as possible. Here as well as in rp. 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Corvino

1 hour ago, Corvino said:

@Techno Universal So, there are two "No's", one "Yes" and one "Maybe", which does not really advance the situation unfortunately.

So, I'll say this: Unicorn is an acceptable race, yes, but please give me as best of a description of him as possible in the form of a standard OC application. I'd love to know his looks, cutie mark, personality and backstory in detail so I can judge this myself once and for all.

I have been hesitant because I don't want anyone calling it quits because of this, so please, give it as much effort as possible. Here as well as in rp. 

Thanks for your time.

Yeah apparently I've found that most people just want to stay 100% to the cannon FOE universe in the RP so they just don't want to have any sort of robotics and super advanced technology in the RP. It's just the technology in the cannon universe hasn't advanced to that level yet and it likely never will. So that's just something that's like a solid wall preventing me from being able to participate in the RP. :)

(edited)

Hey guys. Finally managed to stumble on after making y'all wait for a whole day and threw my post in. Sorry for taking a millenia, had some school related problems. :adorkable:

I approve of the sub plot between Nighteye and Staunch. Sounds interesting enough and interaction between the members is of course necessary anyways for things to go forward. I have one little idea related to my character too, asking so that no one would feel uncomfortable for him getting more powerful at some point. So, as y'all know he's wearing a rust bucket that has seen its days long ago, limiting his capabilities at least as much as it is strengthening them. However, in the recent days I have played some Fallout 1 and 2 and think a ponified Advanced Power Armor would look good on him. (Will draw the concept after I have finished some of my request shop drawings.) 

Advanced Power Armor is not really canon to FoE specifically, closest relative being the Grand Pegasus Enclave armor, but it's not too game breaking, is it? It would of course improve his strength and durability significantly, seeing that even an old model would beat his current one 6-0. I thought that he could find it stored somewhere along the journey. (A bit late in the game when enemies start to be tougher too.)

What do you guys think?

Here's the normal non-pony advanced power armor:

Spoiler

gRK7fV8.png

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Corvino said:

Hey guys. Finally managed to stumble on after making y'all wait for a whole day and threw my post in. Sorry for taking a millenia, had some school related problems. :adorkable:

I approve of the sub plot between Nighteye and Staunch. Sounds interesting enough and interaction between the members is of course necessary anyways for things to go forward. I have one little idea related to my character too, asking so that no one would feel uncomfortable for him getting more powerful at some point. So, as y'all know he's wearing a rust bucket that has seen its days long ago, limiting his capabilities at least as much as it is strengthening them. However, in the recent days I have played some Fallout 1 and 2 and think a ponified Advanced Power Armor would look good on him. (Will draw the concept after I have finished some of my request shop drawings.) 

Advanced Power Armor is not really canon to FoE specifically, closest relative being the Grand Pegasus Enclave armor, but it's not too game breaking, is it? It would of course improve his strength and durability significantly, seeing that even an old model would beat his current one 6-0. I thought that he could find it stored somewhere along the journey. (A bit late in the game when enemies start to be tougher too.)

What do you guys think?

Here's the normal non-pony advanced power armor:

Reveal hidden contents

gRK7fV8.png

I'm aright with it.

Also, your mention on enemies reminded me, how are we gonna play the combat?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

We play the combat by describing what we do and to who. They are all NPC:s so don't worry about, for example, one shotting lowly raiders. We will discuss harder, unique enemies as they appear. I will naturally describe their actions and react to yours. You also react to what I send your way, and so things escalate. I do remind you that there of course can't be too detailed descriptions of how their heads will splatter, we must play along with the set rules of the site after all.

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Corvino said:

We play the combat by describing what we do and to who. They are all NPC:s so don't worry about, for example, one shotting lowly raiders. We will discuss harder, unique enemies as they appear. I will naturally describe their actions and react to yours. You also react to what I send your way, and so things escalate. I do remind you that there of course can't be too detailed descriptions of how their heads will splatter, we must play along with the set rules of the site after all.

So will it be the baseline that basic raiders will go down without question? Is it going to be like 
Player: character shoots and kills NPC. 
or
Player: Character shoots NPC. DM: it hits

I'm only asking asking because what can happen (and I myself am guilty to this) is that when player controls everything, their characters can quickly torn to either amazing badasses or living target. 

(edited)

Good that you asked because that's me again with my unbelievably bad, lacking and vague explanations.

So, if we, for example, fight a horde of ghouls you can just off them like that, but if we have a few on few fight with some group I think it's best for me to tell their story. As in, you type that you shoot at the raider and I tell whether he gets hit, dies or something entirely else.

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, Corvino said:

Good that you asked because that's me again with my unbelievably bad, lacking and vague explanations.

So, if we, for example, we fight a horde of ghouls you can just off them like that, but if we have a few on few fight with some group I think it's best for me to tell their story. As in, you type that you shoot at the raider and I tell whether he gets hit, dies or something entirely else.

I agree with the whole combat system.

(edited)

Yep, Junker's a total prick, gotta live with it. :D

Though, @silvermoon15000 I didn't quite get the entirety of your latest post in our play. What do you mean exactly by the "parasite" in it? And also, when Dew referred to "tracks" she was joking as stated in the post since alicorns do have wings that they tend to use. Hey, one could have walked for a while but still, they are more often airborne than not.

EDIT: Sorry @Superwholock, like totally ignored you in my post. Oh well, at least Cerberus picked the game up. :adorkable:

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Corvino said:

Yep, Junker's a total prick, gotta live with it. :D

Though, @silvermoon15000 I didn't quite get the entirety of your latest post in our play. What do you mean exactly by the "parasite" in it? And also, when Dew referred to "tracks" she was joking as stated in the post since alicorns do have wings that they tend to use. Hey, one could have walked for a while but still, they are more often airborne than not.

I meanr parasprite, stupid me, and he is following the caravans tracks not the alicorns, he is back tracking a little, didn't specify that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I will post tomorrow, got a pretty big essay due tomorrow and don't really have time to come up with a full roleplay post until I go to sleep. Thanks for your patience. :love:

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, now that we are one the hunt, I could maybe tell what the alicorns are and how they tick so none of you who are less familiar with the world would feel uncomfortable just improvising stuff from the top of your heads. I think I did give a link to the FoE wiki at some point or another but here's the compressed version.

Alicorns are mutated ponies formed from an overdose of I.M.P, which happens when their prisoners are effectively dipped into vats full of it. They, as stated before a few times are extremely powerful, needing to be outsmarted or absolutely obliterated with superior firepower. However, the same trick won't work twice unless they are surprised, since they are a hive mind, learning from every mistake that occurs.

This means that we will have it easier at the start but as time progresses, the hive will become aware of us as a serious threat and begins to learn our strenghts and weaknesses, leading to very difficult fights. What makes this mission a suicide is the fact that our destination is the "Pleasant Valley" where the factory is located, meaning that it's equal to kicking an ant hill full of them. That is basically the "end game" where we have travelled through the wastelands, gathering gear and equipment so that our characters are as powerful as possible.

We have to try and kill the "Goddess" who is behind this all. Naturally, she is impossibly powerful, backed up by a nest full of mutant alicorns. But hey, teamwork? :D(I assure that Junker will become more of a team player as time progresses and he is actually a pretty kind guy once you beat him up a couple of times and prove yourselves to him).

But now, some fighting facts. They are often seen in pairs and their style of combat is usually indicated by their color: dark purple ones can teleport, dark blue ones can go completely invisible and lastly, the dark green ones can create effectively impenetratable shielding spells.

For the events regarding the rp, we could perhaps encounter a lone alicorn at the caravan, one that came back to check the site for stragglers. She (all alicorns are female) could like, be invisible and appear behind us with the intentions of giving us slow and painful deaths, but she is the arrogant type, coming there alone, severely underestimating all of us and thus giving us a chance to win her. Sort of, the first "test of teamwork", right?

Lastly, something small that I would like to address. When we travel from place to place, (small distances such as this are fine) but when we go somewhere further, we should not do it like fast travelling as in "he lead them there" and that's it, but rather enjoying the views you know? Walking together, chatting this and that, encountering all sorts of silly stuff on the road. Random encounters are a major thing in Fallout!

• Brohoof 1

I'm little early with this, but I would like to ask something from (and inform) all of you.

Next January I will go to army, and that means that I won't have access to the forums for longer periods of time (shortest possible one week, longest possible several months), so, how will we deal with that? Will I kill off my character from the RP in end of December, will he turn into NPC for the periods, does the RP slow down a lot, or what?

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, the cursed mandatory conscription of our beloved Suomenneito. My friend's brother has been there for the past six months or so and he has so far gotten almost every weekend off, minus when they have the little forest picnics that last to no apparent end, so, we could possibly figure something out on that schedule. (All of my experience and friend's is from Parola so if you are going somewhere else I am not absolutely certain, but I bet it's similar everywhere unless you are going to be something stupid crazy like a sissi.)

As long as you want to be in this rp, you will be granted a spot in this rp, but I am not sure if your character would be a main one anymore unless all of us are willing to wait a week each time. It would be quite hard because the rp would take literally a year to progress anywhere at that pace. :D

Currently I have no ideas but I am a self-entitled mastermind so I will figure something out in due time.

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Crewman said:

As long as you want to be in this rp, you will be granted a spot in this rp

I do, with Staunch, but I don't want to ruin it for others, so until there's a way to "disable" Staunch for the times I can't reply in a way that I can post when I can, or the pace is "set" by me (with everyone being okay with it), I see only way being me dropping out when the army starts. 

Edited by The Cerberus

No, why would I want them removed? I'm not that narcissistic. :D

We explore the site and she appears to toy with us when we are in the middle of it, at least that's my plan. We'll see after Supes has written his post.

• Brohoof 1