Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Family Matters (1x1)

GoldieS

"Wow... I must say that... I'm impressed... and you said I could do this too... I wonder if I should try it." Woody got hung up on one of War's words though "Uhh... Did... did you say arena because I'm not going to fight you..." He realized that She acknowledged the fact of Woody not being as strong as she was, "Oh wait you're going to fight against Valaya... Seems like an odd way to meet someone but I mean... you are rather..." He thought of a good way to say this. "Passionate about these things." He smiled. "You... said you wanted me to do something?"

• Brohoof 1

"What!?" War snapped. "No! I'm not going to fight her!" 

"Valaya and I are..." She paused, clearing her throat and giving an awkward silence, apparently uncharacteristically considering her words. "... good... friends."

"No, I'm just setting up a good battlefield for my warriors to have some fun and give us a show. I switch things out at least once a week. At the end of it we celebrate the good battle at my feast halls. The commanders and best fighters of the week sit with me at my personal table, and the losers feast in the others." She explained. 

"Now, I need you to hurry up and make a bunch of mountain fortresses and castles and stuff. Make them look good! Lots of bridges and battlements, go wild!" She ordered. 

• Brohoof 1

"Ok... I'm gonna start off rather small and you tell me what you think." Woody quickly looked around the battlefield and looked at one of the larger mountains, After he had an Idea of what he was going to do he realized he wasn't sure exactly what to sing for the world forging, He conjured a small portal and a book came through it it was a leather bound book that had a lot of handwritten songs in it, Woody flipped through a few of the pages after a while he stopped and flipped to the first blank page and wrote something down on it then flipped through it again "Sorry." He quickly apologized without taking his eyes off the book, "Writing new music is how I learn new spells or abilities It's a little complex but I usually figure these things out." After about 3 minutes of solely, him looking through the songbook and writing he finished the new song. "Ok... I've got it." He looked again at one of the mountains and starting singing something earthly, but with a very heavenly vibe to it, After a while, the mountain started to terraform into what Woody had imagined A castled had formed out of the mountain almost like it had been carved out of the mountain. "Good position, defendable, one point of entry, space for over ten thousand soldiers." Woody was panting doing something of that scale was taxing on him, He didn't want to pull external power from the realm either because then War might've gotten upset with him.

• Brohoof 1

War, at least, seemed to be patient. She merely crossed her arms as Woody began his process, looking over his shoulder to see the work in his book. Not only that, but she didn't interrupt him either, only nodding with a smile as he finished his efforts. Then, out of the blue, someone behind them gave a genuine set of applause. 

"Amazing!" She said, still clapping. "You're a wonderful singer!" 

She had a hearty voice, much like War's, but not quite as deep and guttural. The diamond dog was big and burly, just like the others of her kind, but appeared as though her skin was made of solid stone. Valaya was decked out in plates of armor over a chain skirt. Nothing fancy it seemed, but she was definitely a tank. Two axes on either side of her belt, and a large kite shield strapped to her back were evidence of that. All in all, it was a astonishing she could walk without being so overburdened. 

"Val, this is my little brother. Don't worry he's... nice." War had trouble saying that last word, snout twisting a little in the process. 

• Brohoof 1

Valya's sudden appearance made Woody jump, but he turned to face her "T... Thank you." He blushed slightly "I practice a lot. It's an honour Ms Valaya. I'm Woodland Orchestra, But if you'd rather you can shorten it and Call me Woody. Forgive me for being straightforward but You look ready for quite the battle." He wasn't sure if his comment was a compliment or an insult as he's never met a diamond dog before especially not one that was a goddess. "The armor looks nice on you." He said quickly.

• Brohoof 1

"Ha ha! I love a straight talker!" The dog replied boisterously. "Twice the compliment actually! Can't look like some namby pamby fluzy in front of my pups, now can I?"

She chuckled a bit, gesturing to a row of heavily armored dogs all standing at attention behind her. Just behind them, at least a dozen giant black cannons with golden rings around the barrels and some of the exterior parts. These cannon's weren't simple one's, they had more than a few mechanical bits to them in the rear. 

War smiled broadly, visibly relaxing a bit as she looked between the two of them. "Just wait Woody," War interrupted. "She makes ale so strong it'll tear your skin off!" 

Valaya gave another hearty chuckle. "Only the best brew from diamond dogs! That cider stuff ponies are so fond of? Nothing compared to Diamond ale!"

She seemed like she enjoyed shouting a lot, even though they were relatively close to one another. 

• Brohoof 1

"I'm not one to drink normally." Woody said awkwardly, "But I mean I did eat..." He didn't finish his sentence "I don't see the har, in it. I mean that is if you actually made some or have some. I don't want to impose anything..." He wasn't getting too annoyed of the shouting but he could tell it was gonna drive him crazy eventually. He perked his down pointing the tips backwards so it was a bit quieter to him at least "I can see why you two get along so well." He added with an awkward smile.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"Ha, don't you worry little bird!" Valaya replied with a wide grin. "I have barrels of the my finest blueberry ale in the longhouse."

Valaya stepped forward onto the platform, paws at her hips as she examined the battlefield, Woody now placed in between the dog and War. "Yah, Rori and I go way back! We used to be adventurers you know, but she probably already told you about all that. Just roaming Tartarus without a care in the world! I'm pretty sure she only started doing that kind of thing to get her dad's goat. He used to hate me!"

War snickered. "Yah, now look at him. I bet he'd like you now, guess that means I'll have to stop hanging out with you."

They both shared a laugh, before War placed her paw on Woody's head, ruffling his mane. "Look at that! My little bro's a natural! Hasn't even been alive a whole century yet, been here in Tartarus a DAY, and he built that.

"You should train with me brother!" War suggested suddenly.

• Brohoof 1

Woodland was happy that War was proud of him "Thanks, War. Means a lot"  He shook his head quickly at the sudden request. "Oh no, no. I'm rather passive in nature, If you were to go through my songbook you'd find only a few basic combat spells..." He paused for an awkwardly long time frame. "Sorry to disappoint you sis', and you too Valaya. I just don't like fighting... Well I mean I will if I feel I have to but please don't make it come to that." He half-pleaded with well both of them he assumed.

• Brohoof 1

"That's not what I meant!" War snapped at Woody. "I meant magic training! It's obvious you need it, I saw you practically out of breath just a minute ago." 

She scoffed at her little brother. Meanwhile, down below them in the massive craggy and treacherous underground, ponies and other creatures could be seen cautiously poking their heads out of the many holes and caves. They were all decked out in armor and equipment, clearly ready for a fight. All of them had either yellow, red, black, or orange colored gear, no mixing colors among the various groups. 

"Come on, show us what else you can do!" War demanded, pushing Woody forward. 

In the same instance, Valaya motioned for her row of cannons to push forward towards the edge of the ridge. The crews began loading the weapons. 

• Brohoof 1

"H... Hey don't pressure me." The younger dragonequus said a bit upset his sister went from pride to anger in 2 seconds flat "I've got something I could do..." He said with a devious grin, After going through his writing process again, He started to sing another heavenly melody, which was the one which allowed him to manipulate space, Then his song started to flow between notes, it had become a fluid, rapid and a strong melody as he kept going. A large river appeared under the land bridges, the current was strong enough to move even the sturdiest of dragons if they stood in its path. This river leads to a large lake of water were warriors who fell in could easily get out with minimal harm to them Woody also kindly added a small amount of Lava under the ground at the bottom of the lake making it warm enough that warriors couldn't freeze in there. After he finished the new change to the battlefield Woody laughed quietly "Say this 'World forging' is pretty easy." He smiled but he was sweating, even in the snowy cold "Pretty fun too. I've never used this melody that way, It's normally the magic I use as healing magic...  but THIS is a whole new level." He said looking at the large river he just made. "Though... Maybe I should limit myself with it. Takes a lot out of you."

• Brohoof 1

"Feels invigorating, doesn't it?" War chuckled, her attitude changing in an instant once again. "Haven't had anyone else willing to forge things with me in a while. Maybe for the next round we can build opposing lands to conquer!? Ha! I'll even give you this week's winners, make it easy on you."

War turned around and started off back down the snowy path, the way now quite a bit dimmer thanks to the cave roof overhead. She passed Valaya on the way, who turned and waited for Woody. The dog waited a few moments until War was out of earshot. 

"Rori asked me to come so things wouldn't be so awkward. In case you didn't notice, she's not all that great in social situations." Valaya chuckled, smacking Woody in the back in a friendly manner. "Guess she wanted to make you feel comfortable."

• Brohoof 1

Woody nodded thanks to Valaya "If she wanted to make me comfortable then she wouldn't have invited you... No offence but she threated to skin me if I was rude to you so it does give me this certain amount of refinement I feel I have to keep. She's... strong physically... but I think she's very lacking in... stability." He said to her "I don't mean to offend her but she's very... spontaneous with her feelings. You, on the other hand, are really nice so thank you for coming here at any rate I might've done something drastic if I didn't have at least someone to talk to."

• Brohoof 1

"Well what did you expect? She's a draconequus. You all are crazy." Valay replied, walking back down the path. 

The armory that the had entered from had been replaced with an absolutely gigantic wooden building. It looked like an old viking long house, but triple the size. Hundreds could fit inside at any given time, the doors big enough for two elephants side by side, swung wide open to allow the orange glow from the several burning pyres inside to spill out onto the snow. 

"Hey!" War shouted back as she stood at the doors. "You said there was someone you though would get along with me? Who is it? Bring her here."

• Brohoof 1

Woody let out a genuine laugh at Valaya's comment before looking at 'Rori' "What? Maple?" Woody said "I can't find out where she is... let alone bring her here. I mean Salacious knows where she is but I'm still kinda learning the basics here. It was never explained how I communicate or even interact with Tartarus except 'World Building' Could you do it? Or maybe tell me what kinda magic is so I can at least try to learn it?"

• Brohoof 1

"What kinda-" War rolled her eyes, letting off an annoyed grumble. "How can you not sense her presence!? I thought she was your best follower or something. Alright, what does she look like, or act like, or something. I don't know, just give me something to work with."

War appeared annoyed once again, though that was nothing new really. "I want to see what kind of company you keep..." 

Valaya smirked for a moment before shaking her head. "Just leave Woody's companions alone. Something tells me if they're from Equestria, they're probably not going to want to fight in your arena. They're all a bunch of milk drinkers... ah... no offense." She said the last apologetically to woody. 

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, none taken but Actually... One second Ms. Valaya" Woody said smiling awkwardly. He looked at War quickly "Maple's a Yellow bat mare, Red eyes, black mane, and tail. She's usual brave and selfless if that helps any." He then looked at Valaya "Maple's not very easy to intimidate, She's very reckless actually I can almost guarantee that she'll want to fight War when she gets here if not to protect me then it'd just be to gauge War's strength. If she does fight you war please don't kill her. She's also your half-sister since she's my full blooded sister." Woody said a bit nervous "She can't-do magic since she, not a dragonequus but that doesn't make her any less of my sister."

• Brohoof 1

"Hmph, so long as she's not milk drinker. But Pestilence and I aren't like Shadow's and Sally. We don't mind associating with mortals from time to time, but I can't stand sniveling creatures in my presence." 

A stream of smoke emanated from her nostrils as she sighed and closed her eyes. One paw rest on the pommel of her sword, while the other dangled in a fist at her side. War tensed her jaw a few times angrily as she did whatever it is she was doing. 

War sighed loud and audibly. "Why are there so many yellow bats!?" She practically yelled. 

"Whatever, I found her. And what does it matter if I kill her or not? She's just a mortal, don't you have her soul bound to you yet?" War gave a slight grin. "Besides, she would be no challenge to me, not even my avatars or champions. Wouldn't be worth the effort to duel."

• Brohoof 1

"Maple's pretty well trained. I mean it's probably not near as much as you've had but she's still a lot stronger than most other equestrians. Figured you'd like her given how headstrong she is." Woody said. A bit angered by her comments "And NO I don't have her soul bound to me because I don't know what that is. In case you didn't remember I was 'sheltered' by our father. I don't know a lot of what you all seem to be able to do." He had been getting annoyed for the 'why haven't you' or 'haven't you?' comments. He sighed "Sorry about that but... I've got a lot to learn."

• Brohoof 1

"Sorry!?" War snapped at Woody, focusing on that word alone, eyes widening, furious.

Holding out her paw, absent minded it would appear, she caused Maple to pop into existence beside her. The bat pony appeared out of thin air, a few feet above the wooden floor. 

"What, are you some sorry piece of flesh!?" War yelled at Woody. "Sorry you're pathetic!? Sorry you're just some worthless piece of dirt!? Well, why are you so sorry brother!?"

War shouted only after Maple popped into existence beside her, completely ignoring the new mortal's presence in favor of belittling Woody. "Are you sorry for being such a pathetic weakling, or is it because your stupid? Which is it!?"

• Brohoof 1

Woody looked upset again he was confused on why she was lashing out at him. What did I do... Why is she like this all of a sudden. I just apologized for being mad at her...

Maple gathered what was happening and immediately positioned herself between War and Woody pushing her away if she had to. "Hey! Back off!" She said Furious "I don't know who you think you are but don't speak with him that way."

"Maple... That's our sister War." Woody said, "She is actually a god of this realm..."

"So?! If we are related then that makes it worse she's speaking to you that way!" Maple's voice was similar volume to that of which War was shouting. "Woody's not stupid. In fact, he's probably smarter than you... What with you making baseless accusations. He's not weak either. He may not be able to fight you or even want to but still, that doesn't make him weak."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Gah ha ha ha!" War laughed deeply. "Who are you, little mortal, to speak to ME so directly?" 

War loomed over the two as she drew her clay more and slammed it into the wood floor, resting both paws on the pommel and smirking down at the two smugly. There was a clear are of arrogance around her as she looked over the two with clear dismissal. 

"Perhaps you weren't aware, but your 'brother' is nothing more than some naive fool without the strength to stand on his own two paws!" She laughed heartily again. "And you? Some pathetic two bit mortal that thinks she's a fighter... you're nothing more than a pretender, a yellow bat of all things! What a joke..." 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

Maple, in either an act of bravery... or recklessness, hit War in the snout with her hoof, full force. For a mare of her build, she could land quite the hit. Most likley due to her 7 years of practically nothing but training. "I don't pretend. I fight for reasons other than just causing carnage. Which I guess is safe to assume that you do all the time. Start wars that claim countless just for giggles!" Maple scoffed audibly "Whatever... Woody let's just leave. She's not worth my time anyway." Maple swiftly turned away from War and started walking away but kept an eye on War in case she tried to attack her. Maple was ready to perform any sort of dodge if War decided to stop leaning on her weapon and actually use it. She was ready to fight if needed and she knew her brother was too.

• Brohoof 1

Maple landed the hit with ease, causing War to only half blink, the closest to flinching the tiny pony would cause the comparatively giant beast to do. It was like hitting a brick wall, her flesh and body unnaturally solid. Perhaps a product of her namesake. 

War chuckled deeply for a moment, before pulling her sword out of the wood, swinging it, then sheathing it back on her back. "It isn't wise to turn your back on a threat... no matter how confident you are. Just as reckless an inexperienced as I expected... but acceptable." 

War shrugged, before turning back to Woody. "Never apologize in my presence. It irks me to no end, you have nothing to be 'sorry' for. Unless you believe it to be entirely your fault you don't know these magics."

Valaya nodded as Maple passed her. "Instead you could, you know, fix the problem. You're a god, don't apologize to anyone, jut do your thing or ask for help or something. You don't need to add sorry to the mix. Just sounds... ugh, bad, you know?"

• Brohoof 1

Maple, after avoiding War's swing, turned around seeing as Woody wasn't going to come with her. "Whatever... You two aren't going to get along you know. He apologizes a lot so if it really bothers you that much I'd recommend you don't-"

Woody quickly interrupted Maple "Well She's right I do apologize a lot. Though that said I do still need to meet Pestilence I saw him in that main room and he said there was a plan for me... I should probably go talk to him about... Whatever that was. I'd much rather you not kill my sister and going to talk with Pestilence seems like the only way I'll do that. Thank you for bringing Maple here however since I wasn't able to do it." He opened his songbook and looked for the song that would let him create a portal since it seemed like the only way they'd leave.

Maple smirked at War. "You're pretty tough huh? I respect that but what I feel you're doing is a bit less respectable. I feel like you know what I mean by that."

• Brohoof 1