• THIS EPISODE WAS JUST AS BAD AS CUTIE MARKS!!! :eww:
    • I really didn't enjoy this episode... :sunny:
    • This episode was...meh.. :mellow:
    • I thought the episode was good...not great tho... :grin:
    • I JUST GOT MY CUTIE MARK IN EPISODE PRAISE!!!! :yay:

Title: Marks and Recreation

Air Date: Sept. 30, 11:30am EST

Writer: May Chan

Summary: Wanting to help as many blank flanks as possible, the Cutie Mark Crusaders start a Cutie Mark Day Camp, but are surprised when one of their campers doesn't want a cutie mark!

This will be the Crusaders' last episode of Season 7. I'm certainly hoping there will be at least one Mane Six pony in this one, 'cause we've already had TWO episodes this season without any (the latter with no ponies at all besides Starlight and Trixie). Remember, all camps need a councelor... but then again, what if it's Cheerilee, or worse yet, a NEW pony we haven't seen?

Okay writer/writers and/or storyboarders this is your chance to do something fair and honestly the most logical.......Give Diamond Tiara a role this episode, be it a counselor, a volunteer leader for an activity anything works because:

1) She is a pony who "can get others to do what she wants." Like take part in camp activities and

2) It would be pretty smart to enlist the pony who is the REASON THEY AREN'T BLANK FLANKS anymore for their "help blank flanks camp" in the first place!

Just a simple nod to her existence (and Silver Spoon's as well). She doesn't even have to talk (although it would be preferred but so far Chantal has yet to have any lines this season, not even for Spoiled Rich like last one).That's all I ask.

Edited by KH7672

6 hours ago, KH7672 said:

Okay writer/writers and/or storyboarders this is your chance to do something fair and honestly the most logical.......Give Diamond Tiara a role this episode, be it a counselor, a volunteer leader for an activity anything works because:

1) She is a pony who "can get others to do what she wants." Like take part in camp activities and

2) It would be pretty smart to enlist the pony who is the REASON THEY AREN'T BLANK FLANKS anymore for their "help blank flanks camp" in the first place!

Just a simple nod to her existence (and Silver Spoon's as well). She doesn't even have to talk (although it would be preferred but so far Chantal has yet to have any lines this season, not even for Spoiled Rich like last one).That's all I ask.

Diamond Tiara is far too young to be the camp counselor. A minor speaking role is most reliable for her IMO.

17 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Diamond Tiara is far too young to be the camp counselor. A minor speaking role is most reliable for her IMO.

She is about the same age as the CMC who are running the camp, so I'm not following your logic. 

Anyway, both Starlight Glimmer and Diamond Tiara could be interesting characters the CMC enlist for advice which results in them coming up with a solution. I honestly believe that Rumble is acting out based on a fear that he is either going to be trapped or defined by a talent, or will wind up with one that doesn't fit him. 

The episode will likely find him, and perhaps even Pip, get their cutie marks. 

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

This is an episode that i'm waiting for, Rumble will be another interesting character this season. No hope for Diamond Tiara appearance, i think writers forgot about her. Some Cutie Map callbacks would be cool.

I also want to see at least one Mane Six pony. There's already at least two episodes where none of them at all appeared this season. I don't want this to be the third.

This has potential to be interesting. And a pony not wanting a Cutie Mark? Could he be...from...Story of the Blanks! *LE GASP*

Seriously tho I'm curious as to how they'll handle this. There has been som issues with the CMC portrayal post "Lost Mark" so this has potential, and it's a nice callback to "Fame and Misfortune." :)

• Brohoof 4

34 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I also want to see at least one Mane Six pony. There's already at least two episodes where none of them at all appeared this season. I don't want this to be the third.

Unless the writers feel these characters nessesary to the plot, i dont think writers these days have to add mane 6 characters just because its mandatory. The animators love to add any characters to the background, any character could appear in this ep. You want to see mane 6 character so much even they are just in the background?

42 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

it's a nice callback to "Fame and Misfortune." :)

Thanks god, Fame & Misfortune is canon :fiery: 

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Where did the CMCs get the money for a camp like this, and are they really the councilors? XD

They're personal friends with Twilight, remember? XD I'm sure the local princess was more than happy to loan them a few bits for an endeavor like this.

• Brohoof 2

As Scootaloo's parents have never been seen, it is unclear how much money they have, nor is it clear how much the Apple's have. Plus, Rarity or Filthy Rich is probably the richest pony in Ponyville.  Plus, how much does a camp take? If it has cabins, a lot.  If it's like the scout campouts I used to have to go & on it is "bring your own tents & sleeping bags" then not much.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

I’ve always wanted the CMC to give up on their Cutie Marks for this!

tumblr_n7yuonzzih1tfa8pto1_500.gif

I'm having trouble parsing that sentence. I know you never wanted then to get their marks, and I certainly disagree with you, but it's the rest that I can't fathom the meaning ... 

Are you suggesting that you want them to quit being cutie mark social workers, and that this episode validates that view? If so how?

1 hour ago, sweetolebob18 said:

As Scootaloo's parents have never been seen, it is unclear how much money they have, nor is it clear how much the Apple's have. Plus, Rarity or Filthy Rich is probably the richest pony in Ponyville.  Plus, how much does a camp take? If it has cabins, a lot.  If it's like the scout campouts I used to have to go & on it is "bring your own tents & sleeping bags" then not much.

Also they also have a friendship with the town's wealthiest filly. DT may have helped finance it by asking her dad (since you mentioned Filthy). 

Also BYOB (Bring your own bag) is a good suggestion. 

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, Jeric said:

tumblr_n7yuonzzih1tfa8pto1_500.gif

I'm having trouble parsing that sentence. I know you never wanted then to get their marks, and I certainly disagree with you, but it's the rest that I can't fathom the meaning ... 

Are you suggesting that you want them to quit being cutie mark social workers, and that this episode validates that view? If so how?

Also they also have a friendship with the town's wealthiest filly. DT may have helped finance it by asking her dad (since you mentioned Filthy). 

Also BYOB (Bring your own bag) is a good suggestion. 

Indeed yes.

• This topic was pinned and featured

Good morning, everypony!  First of all, apologies for not getting a review up yet of last week's episode; this week was crazy, especially on Wednesday and Thursday when my girlfriend and I were looking around at apartments in the Ann Arbor area.  I hope to get up reviews of both last week's episode as well as today's today for your viewing pleasure.  For now, though, let's get ready to enjoy what will hopefully prove to be another splendid episode of Season 7 of MLP! :muffins:

Ohhhhhhhh, so they're going to Camp Friendship where Applejack and Coloratura went to day camp years ago?  That's awesome, and a very good callback indeed! :icwudt: :D

• Brohoof 2

THUNDERLANE FTW!!!  MORE BITS ABOUT THUNDERLANE BEING A WONDERBOLT FTW!!!  HAIKU PONY FTW!!!  CIRCLE PAINTING FTW!!! :orly:

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Is this the first time Thunderlane has had any dialogue? Coolness.

Nope, he had dialogue in Hurricane Fluttershy. So did Rumble for that matter.

• Brohoof 3

I see Rumble as a mini version of Cranky - he just wants to be left to be a blank flank but the CMC keep pushing him to get one.

LOL, when Rumble said he didn't want a cutie mark, I thought for a moment Sweetie Belle was going to need a fainting couch. XD

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Is this the first time Thunderlane has had any dialogue? Coolness.

Actually Thunderlane and his brother Rumble has one line of dialog each in the only episode where they had a line, S2's Hurricane Fluttershy.

(Paraphrased)

Thunderlane: (after a cough) It wasn't me; it was Blossomforth

Rumble: [Thunderlane] is in the hospital with the feather flu!

EDIT: curse you @ggg-2, for stealing my answer! You ninja'd me!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Some member interrupted my answering!
  • Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Actually Thunderlane and his brother Rumble has one line of dialog each in the only episode where they had a line, S2's Hurricane Fluttershy.

(Paraphrased)

Thunderlane: (after a cough) It wasn't me; it was Blossomforth

Rumble: [Thunderlane] is in the hospital with the feather flu!

6 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Nope, he had dialogue in Hurricane Fluttershy. So did Rumble for that matter.

I remembered Rumble's dialogue, but I forgot Thunderlane had a line, too. Thanks!

Also:

Rumble the mutineer, lol. XD

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 1

Anddddddddddddd suddenly the CMC have their very own Starlight Glimmer!  With just a pinch of Lord of the Flies while we're at it... well... that ain't good. :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 3