Marks and Recreation  

96 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• THIS EPISODE WAS JUST AS BAD AS CUTIE MARKS!!! :eww:
    • I really didn't enjoy this episode... :sunny:
    • This episode was...meh.. :mellow:
    • I thought the episode was good...not great tho... :grin:
    • I JUST GOT MY CUTIE MARK IN EPISODE PRAISE!!!! :yay:

I've noticed that around 10:00 am, someone uploads a full video of the new episode, which is nowadays when I need to start making my way to work. 

As much as I want to post my thoughts on an episode as soon as it officially airs, I simply don't have the time anymore until after 4:30 or 5 pm. So if any of my followers want to hear them, you'll have to wait until later.

Alright this was another one of those episodes that sounded pretty interesting given the synopsis.

A Pony that doesn't want to get their cutie marks? That is a storyline that hasn't been tackled yet, and I was looking forward to seeing how the CMC were to handle this scenario.

Plus I was curious in finding out why Rumble didn't want to get his cutie mark.

As it turns out, this episode was pretty enjoyable.

We got a really cool and catchy song, and seeing the episode address elements of cutie marks the fandom has speculated about/criticized in the past was interesting.

I thought this was another good episode to come out of one of my new favorite seasons of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I could tell right away Rumble wasn't being mean on purpose, he was afraid that if got a different Cutie Mark, it'll keep him from flying, but that's not true.

Cutie Marks may represent what your good at, but there not your only talent.

1 minute ago, Brainstorm said:

I could tell right away Rumble wasn't being mean on purpose, he was afraid that if got a different Cutie Mark, it'll keep him from flying, but that's not true.

Cutie Marks may represent what your good at, but there not your only talent.

Indeed. Like Pinkie and baking....

I was rather interested in this episode when I first heard about it. When I first got into the show and found out what a cutie mark is, I kinda wondered what it would be like if a pony didn't want one. I was thinking more of an adult that didn't get one growing up, but I liked this too. I also thought it was also nice that he realized a cutie mark didn't tie him to one thing.

6 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

No poll? Polls are good.

Apologies for that. Overslept and missed half the ep. Working on that now. ^^;;

It's too bad Diamond Tiara didn't go along to help the CMC with their camp. It would have been funny to see her lose her stuff over Rumble's anti-cutie mark mutiny. XD

I liked the episode, it pretty much followed "To Change a Changeling" terms of depth - no deep messages about individuality but didn't make the antagonist fully conform. Like in that episode, Rumble saw the other side's POV but wasn't forced to change who he was personality-wise.

• Brohoof 6

That was a really great episode! :)

It was one I expected to be good at least and I was completely right. Second half of S7 has been really consistent and this episode really helps.

Not bad. I was hoping for Pip and Rumble to get cutie marks.

It's too bad Diamond Tiara didn't go along to help the CMC with their camp

I agree. This might had been the last change for DT and SS in  a big role after Lost mark.

Edited by Buttonmash1973

27 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Apologies for that. Overslept and missed half the ep. Working on that now. ^^;;

I was almost - almost - expecting to see a "Where was Diamond Tiara?!? :v" response in the poll just like the Spike one in "Fame and Misfortune." XD

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

Not bad. I was hoping for Pip and Rumble to get cutie marks.

At least Pip. 

I was distracted about halfway through so I need to watch it again, but from what I saw it was another solid episode. Even though it is an overused joke, I lol'd at Sweetie Belle's off screen shift from, "Let's calmly talk" to "SPECIAL!"

There was a curiously great moral I hope that they pushed later. Rumble pointing out that Applebloom hasn't done potions training in a while is a nice continuity touch, and could be a decent secondary moral about hyper focusing on one thing to the exclusion of other hobbies you have. 

• Brohoof 5

13 minutes ago, Truffles said:

I was almost - almost - expecting to see a "Where was Diamond Tiara?!? :v" response in the poll just like the Spike one in "Fame and Misfortune." XD

Also a little bit on me. I'm usually contributing something to the OP, even if it's just a poll option. This time I didn't have much time to ping the staff or OP and have the staff put something in. I may retroactively ask staff to add in the goofy 'deleted scenes' bit to the last this one and the ones that were missing that little touch.

• Brohoof 1

I like the reference in the title. x1f44c.png.pagespeed.ic.qQ_OSCTg3l.png Ten/Ten best title.

I have to give this episode a solid 8/10. It was actually a well executed CMC episode (however rare that is). I had a couple of gripes, but none of them were things to make it a bad episode in my opinion.

Edited by Edgelord Hades

Rumble is voiced by our favorite waifu thief :D

1 hour ago, ggg-2 said:

Thunderlane sounds different. Has Trevor always voiced him?

He always had. Not even moving to California will stop him to voice Thunderlane nor Fancy Pants :D

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

At least Pip. 

I was distracted about halfway through so I need to watch it again, but from what I saw it was another solid episode. Even though it is an overused joke, I lol'd at Sweetie Belle's off screen shift from, "Let's calmly talk" to "SPECIAL!"

There was a curiously great moral I hope that they pushed later. Rumble pointing out that Applebloom hasn't done potions training in a while is a nice continuity touch, and could be a decent secondary moral about hyper focusing on one thing to the exclusion of other hobbies you have. 

Here's what I adored about that Sweetie Belle bit... we got to see her inner "Rarity-freakout" coming out! :D  Seriously, how many Rarity freakouts have we seen that were just like that? :yay:

• Brohoof 7