Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something that Needs to be Adressed if you're seeing the movie

Moved to Elsewhere

So the premiere just happened and this happened at the premiere: https://mobile.twitter.com/crazythalia/status/912013982906667009

What I'm saying is if you see this in theaters, please don't film it. It's a felony and hurts ticket sales. If you can afford internet connection to watch a shitty cam rip, you can afford to buy a 10-20 dollar ticket or a 25 dollar DVD.

• Brohoof 21

I'd like to think that anyone who is a decent person (can't speak for everyone, but I hope no one here) would shy away from deciding to commit something like this.

I also hope everyone who sees the movie stays safe!

• Brohoof 6

38 minutes ago, ChikoritaCheezits said:

So the premiere just happened and this happened at the premiere: https://mobile.twitter.com/crazythalia/status/912013982906667009

What I'm saying is if you see this in theaters, please don't film it. It's a felony and hurts ticket sales. If you can afford internet connection to watch a shitty cam rip, you can afford to buy a 10-20 dollar ticket or a 25 dollar DVD.

Awww no; that's heartbreaking! I can imagine a childhood dream like that being ruined for something you didn't do. :(

• Brohoof 1

The couple who tried to camrip the movie are the biggest imbeciles on Earth, the biggest ponuts on Earth, or both. Both is appropriate.

What's more heartbreaking is Aynsley King was ejected for something she didn't do. And during a part she storyboarded, no less. Shame on the security for accusing her of being a co-partner of their scheme!

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, ChikoritaCheezits said:

If you can afford internet connection to watch a shitty cam rip, you can afford to buy a 10-20 dollar ticket or a 25 dollar DVD.

While I agree with the rest of your post, this isn't really true. Someone could have a shitty DSL connection and can't afford to pay for the ticket/DVD. Also, it's not available in every country.

I'm not saying I really support piracy, but sometimes you have no choice if you want something.

16 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

The couple who tried to camrip the movie are the biggest imbeciles on Earth, the biggest ponuts on Earth, or both. Both is appropriate.

What's more heartbreaking is Aynsley King was ejected for something she didn't do. And during a part she storyboarded, no less. Shame on the security for accusing her of being a co-partner of their scheme!

Forgot to mention that. She didn't desererve to get punished for something she didn't do. She worker just as hard on the movie as everyone else

• Brohoof 4

A couple of updates regarding the situation from EqD:

Update: We are getting reports that it was actually a girl and her boyfriend who were recording, and there may be more to this than we first recovered from Twitter. Updating as more information is gathered. 

Update: Aynsley was apparently mistaken for being part of the two recording the movie.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/09/someone-in-pinkie-pie-wig-was-ejected.html

That is still damned tragic; working your ass off only to get ejected for something you weren't involved in. Ugh...

• Brohoof 2

Yeah it's probably going to be around a year until I see the movie as it's probably only going to come out on Netflix around this time next year. My parents are also getting Netflix soon as we're getting fiber internet rolled out in our area next month. Anyways there are still some people out there who are forced to illegally download the MLP movie because they might live in a country like China or South Korea where the movie is banned because of strict religious and communism standards. So in those countries the movie would never get released on DVD or on any movie streaming services so in the end piracy is the only option for people who live in countries like that. :)  

Ugh. Contrary to popular belief, I abhor piracy. I think everyone who works hard on a project should get paid for their efforts and take in the royalties as owed to them. Ripping them off doesn't just hurt the most popular or richest of actors, but it really hurts the little guys whose royalty checks make a big difference in how much they earn from this fickle profession.

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, meme said:

I'm not saying I really support piracy, but sometimes you have no choice if you want something.

The choice is you don't steal or support the theft of intellectual property. You have a choice 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jeric said:

The choice is you don't steal or support the theft of intellectual property. You have a choice

I'm saying that there are places that people won't be able to get the movie. Or, people too young to get it themselves and parents who won't take them to the theater or buy it on DVD/Blu Ray.

I don't support it but I understand why it happens.

5 hours ago, meme said:

If the movie doesnt ever come to my country, then it hard for me to not watch camrip because i dont want to endure it for months, and i  am still active in forum so spoilers are unavoidable.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, meme said:

I'm saying that there are places that people won't be able to get the movie.

Import it when it's on home video. It will also likely be on foreign Netflix sites. When you have to ignore patience to say you don't have a choice, I have no sympathy whatsoever. I understand why too, and it's instant gratification mixed with selfish desires. The age thing is also BS. If I found out my kids pirated something, they would lose their data connection and internet for a month. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Jeric said:

If I found out my kids pirated something, they would lose their data connection and internet for a month. 

Except you'd probably actually let them see the movie. There are kids whose parents would have the same reaction if they found out they'd watched My Little Pony.

2 minutes ago, meme said:

Except you'd probably actually let them see the movie. There are kids whose parents would have the same reaction if they found out they'd watched My Little Pony.

Probably? We are all going together.

Parental rules are not an excuse for theft. If the IP holder or creator says go for it, like in the case of Hotline Miami in Australia, fine. If not, that isn't an excuse. 

It'll be amusing if the ISP starts issuing shut off warnings to the parents account. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Probably? We are all going together.

And your kids are very lucky to have parents that are fans.

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Parental rules are not an excuse for theft

You're watching a movie, not robbing a store.

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

It'll be amusing if the ISP starts issuing shut off warnings to the parents account. 

How often does this actually happen? I know someone who has thousands of pirated CD's. (yes, i've told him not to. he's perfectly capable of buying them.)

I guess we just have different opinions on what is acceptable. I've considered pirating a game before buying just to see if it worked on my laptop (there was no demo. yes, I would buy it before continuing playing. no, i did not actually do it because i didn't want to risk downloading a virus).

I still believe that sometimes people just have no choice. You should always buy something if possible, and most people will.

12 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Anyways there are still some people out there who are forced to illegally download the MLP movie because they might live in a country like China or South Korea where the movie is banned because of strict religious and communism standards.

Yeah. Because of religion and communism, they mustn't watch the mlp movie. Rarely read such bullshit. 

Korea will get the movie later, because they just released eq girls movie last june. China will have the movie like any other on 6.october.

ps: And most of you guys didn't know. that one of the songs from the official soundtrack comes from CL a korean pop star. (before part of the band 2NE1)

-Cl - no Better feelin

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Ugh. Contrary to popular belief, I abhor piracy.

Related image

Spoiler

Image result for I have so many questions meme
you.. you just continue making no sense there, don't let me stop you.

But as you and seemingly everyone else has said in one way or another, not cool. its best to do things the honest way, to record it on your phone is just.. really its just disappointing behaviour, I should hope to see less of this in future. :/

• Brohoof 2