Lektra Bolt

Planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Recommended Posts

RP: 

What I have so far for Plot:

A close to canon setting that gets attacked by the kind of aliens or strange villains the Rangers have to face in the shows (I have only seen English versions and in recent years have not watched it much on Nick), and they kidnap or otherwise incapacitate the Mane 6, Starlight, the Princesses, and possibly Discord. They are no match and all hope seems lost until my character Lektra creates Zords and battlesuits with her talent. These give five chosen Equestria residents the edge to fight the aliens or whatever we decide on. Basically the world has no heroes and we need OCs to step up. They're not dead and can appear in the RP as supporting cast to the Rangers, but they are no match for the bad guy.

Ever wanted to be a hero and pose dramatically? Well here's your chance!

Rules in no particular order, to be updated over time:

Special abilities are fine, but I'd like to have this be more like the Power Rangers where your power comes from putting on a fancy suit and posing dramatically. All the Ranger tropes apply if you know them. So character abilities are dulled or weakened until they become a Ranger. That said, your character needs to have some way to fight before they transform, be it hoof to hoof, magic, or a weapon, but try not to be super skilled at it because these will probably become your Ranger weapons. See below on weapons.

Gratuitous or overly graphic violence is NOT ok. By the nature of the RP there will be violence and fighting, but don't describe exactly how you cut something up or how much blood leaks out. Most people just don't wanna read this. It's dead, slashed, burned, damaged, or cut up, whatever, not exactly how and how much damage was inflicted. Move on alright?

The owner of the character in question decides how much damage a character they play or an important character takes, and the rules of fair fighting apply.  I'll be enforcing those.

There will be a second transformation on top of your Ranger form called Super. This needs to be discovered and will come up as needed, if it comes up at all.

You can be ANY sentient species seen in the show, or from the comics (With proper reference for those of us who haven't read them), and are not limited to the three pony races and their derivatives.

There will be NO Alicorn OCs or OP characters EVER, and in general my decision on what's OP is final. BUT that said, Alicorn OCs modified to not have either the horn or wings are allowed as long as they're not OP. Villain could possibly be one if we decide on it, but there is no requirement for the race or species of the villain and that is completely open to whoever wants to play the villain. Alicorn is actually the Ultra Transformation if we get to that stage, so be prepared to gain wings, horn, or both temporarily.

You will be able to design your own Ranger weapon, so make sure your character can somehow wield it. I'm sorry but I do not condone hoof-holding AKA "sticky hooves" so be sure to design a weapon that can be held with the teeth or has a way to be held with one hoof (A handle you can put your hoof into or making the weapon wrap around it for example) if you're not a Unicorn who will use telekinesis to hold your weapon. Your Characters will not instantly know how to use these weapons and will need training, contrary to most of the Rangers shows.

Weapons need to be able to reasonably combine into a blaster as in this video reference:

 
 

Other than needing to be able to reasonably combine with the other players, you have complete freedom on what weapon you use, subject to approval. Try to be creative and original. Once someone chooses a weapon nobody else can use that weapon, sorry.

Zords can be deigned by you as well, but also need to be able to reasonably combine into a giant version of one of the races in MLP as in this reference:

 
 

The same is true for the Zords. Other than needing to be able to reasonably combine with the other players, you also have complete freedom on designing your own Zord, subject to approval. Feel free to make it fit Equestira, or even not. Same rule on weapon originality applies for the Zords too, and everyone needs to choose different Zords.

Players MUST be active. If even one Ranger player or our villain drops out the RP just instantly folds if a suitable replacement is not found in a reasonable time. You must be committed to not dropping out. What would happen if you and your new friends were the only ones able to save the world and you decided to leave the group? The team would be weaker, not to mention the Megazord would be lacking a limb. It'd be like the protagonist of a story deciding to not want to be the protagonist anymore. Don't sign up if you aren't sure if you can't be active.

Post at least once in 3 days. By signing up you understand that you must stick around, and by dropping out or quitting the forum you will kill this RP. If the RP dies from someone quitting, we all know who's fault it was :P

Please post at least one good paragraph. While I'm not going to force people to obey the Advanced rules and post a heck of a lot all at once, I don't want to see one or two lines of RP text per post. This is not a one liner RP.

Colors: Red, Blue, White, Green, and Pink. Lektra is the "sixth Ranger" and becomes the Gold/Yellow Ranger at some point. We could still use Black in place of Green if there's interest, but it's controversial as well as a couple of the other original colors (Red was a standard white guy, Black was an African American, Yellow was an Asian) and been in and out of circulation a lot. It would be nice if your coat or mane color matched your Ranger color, but it's not really necessary. It could be in your outfit, but please have your color somewhere. Red, Blue, and Green need to be males. White and Pink need to be females. When my character becomes the sixth she will balance out the two.

I will add a player list as we decide on the missing things, and open non-Ranger player signups as the RP progresses. The only players allowed right now are five Ranger players, anyone who would like to play a canon character to support the Rangers, the main villain who will create or summon monsters to invade the planet, and his or her cadre of supporting evildowers. First come first served!

ROMANCE between the characters is fine if kept SFW, but ask the player what their character's preference is before this comes up in the RP. For example how would you like to be a stallion who likes stallions and profess your love to that one boy you've had your eye on for a while and killed many monsters with, only to find out he's into girls or is asexual? Yes, so at least talk to he player first and bring up that you're interested in shipping your character with theirs, please.

--------------------------------------

Anyone interested and can help me develop this?

Tagging a few people from the old version of this thread in case they might still be interested: @Drago Ryder@P-Jay@whitetiger187@Film Reel@Midnight_Aurora

I can think of two people who might be interested in playing the villain, who doesn't necessarily HAVE to lose and could be reformed: @Randimaxis@Kaze Yousei

--------------------------------------

Things that need to be decided on:

1. Five players and who gets what color fancy suit! Simple enough! Maybe what they look like too, but we can probably find ponified Ranger art online.

2. Player weapons and how the weapons combine. That's not going to be all that simple, really.

4. Your Zords, how they combine, and what they combine into.

5. Who is playing our villain, what kind of character it is, and their backstory. (Done)

6. Maybe help me flesh out the plot a little and make it sound like a story rather than an idea, once the other points are decided? (Done)

---------------------------------------

Character list:

Rangers:

(Name, Ranger Weapon, Ranger Power, Zord)

(Female) Red: Luster, Scythe-Shotgun, Energy Absorbtion/Redirection, Manticore Zord @Denim&Venom

(Male) Blue: Clayton, Chokuto Straight Sword, Skin Hardening, Wendigo Zord @Acnologia

(Female) White: Dawn, Bow, Ice Magic, Dragon Zord @Drago Ryder

(Male) Green: Rocky Roads, Blaster, Speedster, Shogun Timberwolf Zord @Crewman

(Female) Pink

Plus 2 Males of undetermined colors, to be determined by the players. Genders of the initial group can be changed if really needed, but would prefer to keep them like this.

(Extra Female) Gold: Lektra Bolt, Katana Daggers, Lightning Magic, Phoenix Zord @Lektra Bolt

Evil:

Big Bad @Randimaxis

Midboss: Ivory Gust, Longma (Custom Species: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/howrse/images/e/ea/Longma.png/revision/latest?cb=20141024034818 )@TBD

Cute Troopers, Scouts for King Pandar:  @Buck Testa

Canons:

Twilight Sparkle: @Denim&Venom

Discord: @Randimaxis

---------------------------------------

Original idea for reference:

 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh. Don't really remember much of the original, but I trust you enough, Lektra. Might as well use Tempest for the... red ranger. :shrug: His weapon will be a sword, and his zord could be a dragon. 

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Huh. Don't really remember much of the original, but I trust you enough, Lektra. Might as well use Tempest for the... red ranger. :shrug: His weapon will be a sword, and his zord could be a dragon. 

Good to see you Drago! You were going to use Dawn for the original, and we never actually started unfortunately. You now have dibs on Red unless you still want to use Dawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Hmmm, decisions decisions. You know what, I'll use Dawn as the white ranger. Also, it'd be interesting to see Discord act as Zordon.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Technically I'm Zordon since I'm building the Zords and Sparky is basically our Alpha 5, but if Rand wants to play the wacky Discord to help out and not our villain, that's his decision if he shows up. This is more similar to Operation Overdrive or Dino Charge, where the scientist who grants Morphers to the others and designed the Zords is not a supernatural being of some sort. Though Dino Charge is pretty supernatural in powers origin from Keeper, Miss Morgan is who I'm talking about.

Alrighty you're registered as Dawn for White as a Unicorn. Same as the old RP or will you still be doing Dragon Zord and Sword?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

but if Rand wants to play the wacky Discord to help out and not our villain, that's his decision if he shows up.

... lurk, lurk, lur-

*looks over the premise, nods*

Okay... enlighten me - what sort of villain are you folks looking to have?  Magical?  Monetary?  Steampunk?  Equine or non?

*steeples fingers, smiles wickedly*

I'm ALL EARS for what you folks might think would make a decent villain... OR if you think Ol' Discy would be an interesting addition to this instead?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

... lurk, lurk, lur-

*looks over the premise, nods*

Okay... enlighten me - what sort of villain are you folks looking to have?  Magical?  Monetary?  Steampunk?  Equine or non?

*steeples fingers, smiles wickedly*

I'm ALL EARS for what you folks might think would make a decent villain... OR if you think Ol' Discy would be an interesting addition to this instead?

Why not both? Bad guy and Discord?

But, well how much Power Rangers have you seen, exactly? The villains there tend to be whatever the heck the writers want, so it's not really a matter of what we want, but what you'd like to play. They tend to be demonic from another dimension, various forms of magic that were familiar from fantasy, aliens from the stars, or even some are just ancient human myths made real.

What I'm saying is the villain can be anything you want and it would instantly fit because Power Rangers villains are all over the place. I would say that otherworldly aliens or demonic alternate dimensions would make sense the most, given our setting.

The villains always have things in common though.

1. They always want to conquer the planet.

2. They always have their own base of operations, because they're not constantly causing havoc.

3. They have an army of creatures that match their trope they can draw upon, either who already exist or can be summoned.

4. Once this monster of the day is sent to the planet they cause trouble and hurt innocents, in a way that leads into what the villain wants from subjugating the world. For example the demons from Power Rangers Samurai were collecting fear energy from humans to resurrect their master, who was powerful and would be the one who would actually be doing the attempt at conquering.

5. The villain has many random faceless foot soldiers. For example Rita has a Putty army made of clay by her subordinate.

6. Once the foot solders are defeated, the monster of day shows up and fights the Rangers. At this point they use their morphers.

7. They fight the monster and eventually combine their weapons to defeat the monster with a final blast. The main villain is angered and resurrects this monster, but makes it huge.

8. The Rangers summon their giant mechanical beasts to fight the monster, eventually combining together and being conveniently the same size. Later series have dramatically cut down the time the combined mech actually stays on screen, and it pretty much one shot kills the giant monster like it's nothing. Let's not do this.

9. The monster of the day is blown to smithereens and the villain vows revenge, until tomorrow.

10. Repeat the pattern about 20 more times, both sides getting stronger and stronger. Eventually the main villain is strong enough or has advanced their agenda throughout everything going on that is it is far enough to enact their master plan. They either show up themselves or make their ultimate monster.

11. Rangers save the planet and defeat the main villain. In this case they would probably go back to where hey came from and be reformed, because MLP.

The villain doesn't necessarily have to lose or die and I don't want you to play all this out just to lose Rand. The good guys and bad guys could come to an understanding at the end or something, and turns out the villain was always trying to do the right thing all along.

But that's how Power Rangers typically plays out, with good storytelling and writing.

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! We haven't really met but seeing that I am a pretty huge fan of the Rangers I'd love to take part. The details of my ranger are not 100% yet but I just wanted to reserve a spot. (In case one of the players from the failed rp wants my place you are free to give me the boot.)

So, I thought of getting the Tommy ranger (green) if it was okay? My character does not really share personalities with the human counterpart but that was not really the point anyways, right?

My oc would be RockyRoads, he happens to be a FoE oc but can easily be changed to fit a more normal Equestria setting. There is one problem though, and it's the why I chose green in the first place. He is the type of guy to keep his face concealed no matter what and I was wondering how could that part of his image be preserved for this rp as well? Assuming that he doesn't just resort to wearing a sack over his head. 

For a weapon I was thinking of a trans-blaster sort of thing and a shogun zord later on. I can put my characters changed info here but for now I have 3% battery in my phone.

Oh, and thank you for your consideration and time!

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lektra Bolt

I actually tired my hand at an rp like this myself. Though it was an EQG version that no one signed on for.

I'd be down for playing the villians.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Drago Ryder Just need to finalize you as White Ranger. Weapon, Zord, and if you're ok with her being a Unicorn as last time.

@Corvino You can be reserved for Green but I can't keep this for you for more than 3 days without seeing a character concept, but seeing as you're a huge fan it shouldn't be an issue for you I think. That said there are a couple of things.

1. Green is a normal Ranger. I'll be adding myself to the fighting group as the sixth down the line. Dunno how this affects your decision, but I think you may have missed the part where I mentioned this already. Would still like to have you but there's some hurdles to get through.

2. You can have an eye mask like TMNT or a carnival mask, and have it on all the time until you open up to the others. You can be the troubled weirdo, even after you take the mask off. There's always one and it makes for good story to have them open up. That's the only way this would work though, as a full face mask kinda messes up the whole mystery thing of the Rangers in the first place. They should become well acquainted friends but only be enigmas to everyone else and if one is a complete enigma it makes this character not relateable. You should know very well that's not what PR is about and the Rangers develop a close bond, something hard to do when someone is completely hiding their face. So you can have an eye mask but you will need to be prepared to remove it at some point, and that's the best fit we can do here. You're basically trying to be an Edgy Edgelord among your potential friends, and that's better saved for fighting the bad guys. I want interesting characters, but covering your face all the time and keeping it that way is a bit much, not to mention we have never seen this in the canon and I am trying to stay close to canon. So things similar to what's been seen in the comics or onscreen are fine, but deliberately dark or standoffish characters are not.

3. A trans blaster, while cool I feel would devalue the weapons of everyone else. If you are a normal Ranger and have a weapon that can become a sword (Or other melee weapon) and a blaster you are instantly more capable than everyone else. The original five have traditionally had either all the same weapons or equivalent weapons. This is better reserved for me as the sixth, an upgrade to everyone's weapons so nobody is left out, or something only Red gets access to and everyone else has to work toward but will still earn. So the only way you get one is if you're Red and are prepared to have this as only a timed exclusive, or are a seventh Ranger which would have to wait a while. I just don't feel it would be all that fair to have a normal Ranger have this kind of weapon, except if everyone else gets it too.

So uh, how badly have I butchered your idea while trying to make sure you fit into a more traditional MLPxPR premise? Would it affect your decision to sign up? I'm willing to work with you if you still feel the allotment here is insufficient and you wouldn't have fun.

@Denim&Venom@Randimaxis Would love to hear your bad guy ideas. I felt this would work a lot better with traditional Equestria, as PR in EQG just isn't going to be much of a thing since it has a much smaller following.

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty you are noted for White as Dawn sans wings with the bow+arrows and the Dragon Zord. This will probably be the body, but we'll see what the others choose as well

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lektra Bolt well why not start w/ a familiar face. Let's have Luster be the villian in this. Her goal is to toppel what she views as a weak government, turn it to a militant regime, and convert equestria to an industrial war machine for the 'betterment' of pony kind, against the inevitble 'invasion'.

But it won't be just her. Someone will be helping her, equiping her from the shadows and suppling her with the ability to move her forces to anywhere in equestria. 

On the villian scale ranging from comical lothor to pure evil mezzogog, she would probably be a ransik. Hearts in the right place but driven to extremism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait against the invasion? Like an antivillain? Another villain who's against the invading proper villain and everyone else? I get the reference to Ransik. Might be too much to handle though. What I recommend doing is working with them but having your own agenda and no army, so the Rangers aren't fighting on two fronts and we still follow a standard Power Rangers concept: Monster of the day, defeated, giant, defeated with Megazord, while plot plays oonward. Luster can very well become the main villain in a second arc, like the way Snide showed up for the second arc for Megaforce. She will not be allowed to take over as main villain until a second arc.

But while you know very very well I love Luster, I feel she would need a significant rewrite. Very very significant. Luster can't exist in canon-ish Equestira without a creator or creators, so you know what that means. Any RP Leks exists in Luster can also regardless of time period, because they work very well together (I would love it if you placed Leks as the official creator of Luster, but that's up to you). So it very much means Leks had a hoof in this, and while you know I would never turn down Luster because she has grown on me as a player as well, we run into a problem. I feel it would be a bit too personal for Leks to be fighting her daughter while of course trying to reform her, possibly even Twily's daughter as well if you wanna go similar to Mequestria. This is just a bit of a 'too close to my heart' scenario. It's not that I don't want her in here now that you bring it up, but it's just very much a conflict of interest if Luster sided with the villain.

Honestly she would be better off as a solo semi-villain that gets reformed later and joins the team, like the robot in Megaforce although he wasn't a villain. Assuming we keep her created by Leks she would be much much better off going this route and we would keep the plot closer to standard Power Rangers.

Then there's the issue with if we even figure out what role she's best at and her origin in this, she's still technically an Alicorn and quite OP. I'm willing to give a bit more leeway for non-good-or-eventually-good characters, but we do have this issue as well.

I honestly don't know where to start...........

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I apologize for all the important details I might have missed due to being on a timer. Trying to speedrun through the text and then post a legitimate reply can yield cringy results but now that I am back home on a PC I can really look at the full picture. I apologize for the previous message and its unclear contents.

You are the DM and all of your wishes should be respected, so I of course will respect them. It does not affect my willingness to take part in this in any way or form. So, on to the points!

1. I will insert my character bio here today or tomorrow depending on what unplanned errands I have to fight through. I do not think I missed anything though as I read through the OP and chose a basic spot that was open. (Unless I am being dumb and embarrassing myself even further somehow.)

2. Alright, I am aware how things go in the canon. I have a seven year roleplay history and none of my characters has ever had a face ( if you minus the Warrior Cat ones from the list) so it kind of comes naturally for me. It is just a thing I do, not for being "the edgelord" or something even if it may seem like so. :D I can do a slip this once and let him be free of any kind of concealment. I thought that perhaps a bandana would work but eh, don't know if everyone else is too fond of seeing a bank robber looking pony all the time.

3. I apologize again for speedwiriting on phone. What I meant with it was indeed "something like a trans blaster" by the outlooks, not by function. I am aware that getting a real transdagger from the get go would be borderline Gary Suish. So you can take the "trans" out of it entirely. Technically just a ranger blaster that is shaped like crescent which is then attached onto his right leg so he can shoot with it as he extends the leg.

Thank you and sorry for being a general fool. :catface:

 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Wait against the invasion? Like an antivillain? Another villain who's against the invading proper villain and everyone else? I get the reference to Ransik. Might be too much to handle though. What I recommend doing is working with them but having your own agenda and no army, so the Rangers aren't fighting on two fronts and we still follow a standard Power Rangers concept: Monster of the day, defeated, giant, defeated with Megazord, while plot plays oonward. Luster can very well become the main villain in a second arc, like the way Snide showed up for the second arc for Megaforce. She will not be allowed to take over as main villain until a second arc.

But while you know very very well I love Luster, I feel she would need a significant rewrite. Very very significant. Luster can't exist in canon-ish Equestira without a creator or creators, so you know what that means. Any RP Leks exists in Luster can also regardless of time period, because they work very well together (I would love it if you placed Leks as the official creator of Luster, but that's up to you). So it very much means Leks had a hoof in this, and while you know I would never turn down Luster because she has grown on me as a player as well, we run into a problem. I feel it would be a bit too personal for Leks to be fighting her daughter while of course trying to reform her, possibly even Twily's daughter as well if you wanna go similar to Mequestria. This is just a bit of a 'too close to my heart' scenario. It's not that I don't want her in here now that you bring it up, but it's just very much a conflict of interest if Luster sided with the villain.

Honestly she would be better off as a solo semi-villain that gets reformed later and joins the team, like the robot in Megaforce although he wasn't a villain. Assuming we keep her created by Leks she would be much much better off going this route and we would keep the plot closer to standard Power Rangers.

Then there's the issue with if we even figure out what role she's best at and her origin in this, she's still technically an Alicorn and quite OP. I'm willing to give a bit more leeway for non-good-or-eventually-good characters, but we do have this issue as well.

I honestly don't know where to start...........

My idea was that Luster is the one in the shadows. The 'invasion' is her paranoia of humanity in the EQG universe. So she designs armies of what appear to be humanoid mechs sent from Earth to terrorize Equestria, in an effort to mobilize the nation to war and launch a preemptive strike. She's trying to set the two worlds against one another so that Equestria comes out stronger than ever from the conflict, ponykind's future secure from the inevitable human incursion. 

And perhaps Lektra doesn't know it's Luster behind all this. All she and the rangers see are bipedal war machines dressed in camo, waving Chinese, Russian and American flags (or whatever flags exist in the EQG universe). Once enough damage is done, Luster and her ponybots come in and 'save the day'.  Sorta like Syndrome at the end of The Incredibles.  She may even pretend to ally w/ Lekrta and the rangers, only to betray them and potentially turn Equestria against it's own heroes. 

But it wasn't just her. She was supposed to be getting help from someone else. Coincidentally, someone from the other side. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this still open?I might like to join this,and I have an OC that should fit this.

Edited by Star48955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

My idea was that Luster is the one in the shadows. The 'invasion' is her paranoia of humanity in the EQG universe. So she designs armies of what appear to be humanoid mechs sent from Earth to terrorize Equestria, in an effort to mobilize the nation to war and launch a preemptive strike. She's trying to set the two worlds against one another so that Equestria comes out stronger than ever from the conflict, ponykind's future secure from the inevitable human incursion. 

And perhaps Lektra doesn't know it's Luster behind all this. All she and the rangers see are bipedal war machines dressed in camo, waving Chinese, Russian and American flags (or whatever flags exist in the EQG universe). Once enough damage is done, Luster and her ponybots come in and 'save the day'.  Sorta like Syndrome at the end of The Incredibles.  She may even pretend to ally w/ Lekrta and the rangers, only to betray them and potentially turn Equestria against it's own heroes. 

But it wasn't just her. She was supposed to be getting help from someone else. Coincidentally, someone from the other side. 

This all sounds incredibly convoluted, my friend. I get the Incredibles reference, thankfully. Pun! 

I had also hoped once we get Luster figured out in Mech she could have a solidified constructive relationship with mom, and she would stay essentially good. If you're just going to throw her at me in a genocidal anti human and semi pony hating rage each time in other RPs, it's going to just become gut wrenching and painful. I dunno about you, but my characters essentially live in a little corner of my head, and that part of me would like Luster to play with her in other RPs, not against her. Am I weird in having this desire?

There's just so much there once we reform her, and I dunno about you but I feel like it would be fun to join RPs together.

The other thing is I did not want to involve RL humans in any way in this RP. The only contact with "humans" would be the mirror and what has been shown in in Equestria Girls, and there's no way to really pull enough through to get built what she needs without someone in the castle noticing. This is especially true since I'm pretty sure we'll be using the Castle of Friendship as our Command Center.

That is also assuming we figure out all the issues I brought in my previous post about Luster. Where do you want to start?

Lastly, I'm sure Rand would love to play the big bad and we've had a great deal of talk about how much and how long he's been writing. 

2 hours ago, Star48955 said:

Is this still open?I might like to join this,and I have an OC that should fit this.

Very open, in planning stages still. Good time to get in and help. What did you have in mind?

7 hours ago, Corvino said:

Yes, I apologize for all the important details I might have missed due to being on a timer. Trying to speedrun through the text and then post a legitimate reply can yield cringy results but now that I am back home on a PC I can really look at the full picture. I apologize for the previous message and its unclear contents.

You are the DM and all of your wishes should be respected, so I of course will respect them. It does not affect my willingness to take part in this in any way or form. So, on to the points!

1. I will insert my character bio here today or tomorrow depending on what unplanned errands I have to fight through. I do not think I missed anything though as I read through the OP and chose a basic spot that was open. (Unless I am being dumb and embarrassing myself even further somehow.)

2. Alright, I am aware how things go in the canon. I have a seven year roleplay history and none of my characters has ever had a face ( if you minus the Warrior Cat ones from the list) so it kind of comes naturally for me. It is just a thing I do, not for being "the edgelord" or something even if it may seem like so. :D I can do a slip this once and let him be free of any kind of concealment. I thought that perhaps a bandana would work but eh, don't know if everyone else is too fond of seeing a bank robber looking pony all the time.

3. I apologize again for speedwiriting on phone. What I meant with it was indeed "something like a trans blaster" by the outlooks, not by function. I am aware that getting a real transdagger from the get go would be borderline Gary Suish. So you can take the "trans" out of it entirely. Technically just a ranger blaster that is shaped like crescent which is then attached onto his right leg so he can shoot with it as he extends the leg.

Thank you and sorry for being a general fool. :catface:

 

Thanks for the clarification! It's really np. With 3% battery last night I'm sure you had to read fast and post even faster :)

You are reserved for Green with a beam blaster weapon. Please decide on your Zord

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is left?Are any of the rangers left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Star48955 said:

Who is left?Are any of the rangers left?

We just started planning. Only two are taken, White and Green 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Well, all of my OC's are female.And didn't you say that only white and pink are girls? Give me a few minutes and I'll either dig through my current OC's, or make a new one.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

For now yes the cast are purposefully uneven and we're following an easy to understand 3 male 2 female first generation cast. The giant mech only has 4 limbs and a torso, so it has to be five. My character evens them out later, but you can play a supporting canon as well. OC non Rangers won't be opened until we have all the details figured out.

The giant mech is Minotaur shaped. It's just easier to understand and simpler to make actually come together, especially for people who's only knowledge of Power Rangers is the recent movie which had 5 Rangers.

The only way to have more Rangers is if we decide on a Griffin or Centaur giant mech, which needs more pilots. Show of hooves, who wants this?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I think I want to apply for the pink ranger.(If that's okay with you.:rarity:)

Name: Ice Rose

Personality: ....Can I edit this in the morning?I'm about to go to bed,and I'm braindead.(Sorry...)

Cutie Mark:

Image result for ice rose

Image:

Screenshot 2017-09-26 at 8.20.52 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Sure, in the morning is fine. I will need a one minimum paragraph explanation of her talent and what her mark means and a 3 paragraph minimum history please 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lektra Bolt

Well the plan was for luster to use the wild everfree magic in EQG world, being aided by one of the 'supposedly" redeemed villians there.

But if that's a no go, maybe she can be an anti-villian/ rival. Trying to save equestria from the big bad, but being hardline about it. Sorta like the quantum ranger/ Dino thunder white ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.