Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

Yea she would have to have easy access to that world, and that's been consistently under lock and key at the castle only for those who have access. So it wouldn't work out, and the Sirens have not been shown for ages so they're probably not going to be.

I'd like that honestly. You can get your conflict for a good while but it won't be a future wrenching reveal for Leks to be confronted with her daughter being either the big bad or something worse. Now let's get to the heart of the matter:

1. We both know very well how Op Luster can be, and she's technically an Alicorn. Do you think there's a way to run her that wouldn't be that she could wave a hoof and beat anyone? The 7th Rangers are never that strong, and that's gonna be you. I don't think she would have a transformation though?

2. Her creation and origin. Leks made her right? Obviously she would be heavily Magitek so would have access to emotions and magical weaponry :). But she's unstable mentally and never quite got past the awkwardness right? Vigilante and doesn't care who's she hurts? Are we involving Twilight in her creation?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

23 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea she would have to have easy access to that world, and that's been consistently under lock and key at the castle only for those who have access. So it wouldn't work out, and the Sirens have not been shown for ages so they're probably not going to be.

I'd like that honestly. You can get your conflict for a good while but it won't be a future wrenching reveal for Leks to be confronted with her daughter being either the big bad or something worse. Now let's get to the heart of the matter:

1. We both know very well how Op Luster can be, and she's technically an Alicorn. Do you think there's a way to run her that wouldn't be that she could wave a hoof and beat anyone? The 7th Rangers are never that strong, and that's gonna be you. I don't think she would have a transformation though?

2. Her creation and origin. Leks made her right? Obviously she would be heavily Magitek so would have access to emotions and magical weaponry :). But she's unstable mentally and never quite got past the awkwardness right? Vigilante and doesn't care who's she hurts? Are we involving Twilight in her creation?

Start quoting or mentioning me on these things.

Perhaps she starts off as leks assistant, in an Alpha or that annoying owl from Time Force type of deal. Except instead of youthful exuberence, she's more jaded intern. And have her start as a mark 4 model. Equivalent stats to a pony. 

And along the way she wants to fight, but leks thinks she's fragile. Then luster starts to criticize the Rangers and their damage control mentality, instead of striking first.

17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Start quoting or mentioning me on these things.

Perhaps she starts off as leks assistant, in an Alpha or that annoying owl from Time Force type of deal. Except instead of youthful exuberence, she's more jaded intern. And have her start as a mark 4 model. Equivalent stats to a pony. 

And along the way she wants to fight, but leks thinks she's fragile. Then luster starts to criticize the Rangers and their damage control mentality, instead of striking first.

I did quote you actually, look back. Nah you're thinking of the way we did Twilight in Mech. Lektra would encourage her and help her get better, always in her corner. I think to get her into an unstable vigilante mindset you should have Twilight in this maybe who takes over the project? She runs off and would be getting parts from her real mom, who doesn't really realize what it's all for until Luster shows up at a battle, showing herself and probably 5 or 6.

Your thoughts? 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

did someone say....SUPER SENTAI?!?:wub:

giphy-downsized.gif

So this is a roleplay or just posting out OC power rangers?

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I did quote you actually, look back. Nah you're thinking of the way we did Twilight in Mech. Lektra would encourage her and help her get better, always in her corner. I think to get her into an unstable vigilante mindset you should have Twilight in this maybe who takes over the project? She runs off and would be getting parts from her real mom, who doesn't really realize what it's all for until Luster shows up at a battle, showing herself and probably 5 or 6.

Your thoughts? 

Not in your last post you didn't. 

I'd Like for Leks and Luster to be on the same side, but conflict over ideology. Same goal, different paths. Leks responds to a threat from the saftey of the command center (for now), doing damage control and crisis management. Luster wants to be preemptive, going on the offensive, leading on the front lines, preventing disaster by causing it for the enemy. And maybe in a fit of paranoia, tries to initiate martial law for the saftey of Equestria. Keep everypony safe and sound when the monsters attack, even if that means sacrificing personal liberties. 

And I do see Twi gettign involved. Her hubris and knack for micromanaging, as well as prior experience in saving the day, causes her to demote Leks, like Leks would speak out against her idol anyways. So with her mom cut down at the knees and her new boss butting heads with her, Luster strikes out on her own and goes all Quantum ranger/ DT white ranger on everyone, attacking the baddies w/ zealous gusto and even standing off w/ the rangers should she see them as an obstruction of justice, or when they try to stop her for taking things too far. 

I can see her building or awakening her own zords to aid in battle, and when she see's the error of her ways (or is at least open to compromise), she gets accepted by the morphing grid and becomes a ranger. 

Speaking of becoming rangers, if we want to get a decent amount of players, we may want to break the conventional limit on rangers. Maybe go the SPD route and allow for 9 rangers (10 if dream sequences count). 

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Not in your last post you didn't. 

I'd Like for Leks and Luster to be on the same side, but conflict over ideology. Same goal, different paths. Leks responds to a threat from the saftey of the command center (for now), doing damage control and crisis management. Luster wants to be preemptive, going on the offensive, leading on the front lines, preventing disaster by causing it for the enemy. And maybe in a fit of paranoia, tries to initiate martial law for the saftey of Equestria. Keep everypony safe and sound when the monsters attack, even if that means sacrificing personal liberties. 

And I do see Twi gettign involved. Her hubris and knack for micromanaging, as well as prior experience in saving the day, causes her to demote Leks, like Leks would speak out against her idol anyways. So with her mom cut down at the knees and her new boss butting heads with her, Luster strikes out on her own and goes all Quantum ranger/ DT white ranger on everyone, attacking the baddies w/ zealous gusto and even standing off w/ the rangers should she see them as an obstruction of justice, or when they try to stop her for taking things too far. 

I can see her building or awakening her own zords to aid in battle, and when she see's the error of her ways (or is at least open to compromise), she gets accepted by the morphing grid and becomes a ranger. 

Speaking of becoming rangers, if we want to get a decent amount of players, we may want to break the conventional limit on rangers. Maybe go the SPD route and allow for 9 rangers (10 if dream sequences count). 

Very very good! I approve of most of it.

Twilight is not going to be in a position to be demoting anyone, nor is anyone else. Bolt Solutions are gracefully stepping in to save the world when nobody else can, bringing Magitek to bear against and bringing in chosen ponies (or other species, we're not limiting ourselves to pony Rangers). Twilight and the others are starting off having previously been humbled and more than a little humiliated when the usual approach not only doesn't work but causes the invaders to laugh at them. Twilight would just be butting in way too much and being too much of a good influence that I'm sure would make both Lektra and Luster sick of it. With needing use of the castle, she has to take it. I'm sure you know where I'm leading with this? Luster goes off on her own with Twilight always saying she's not ready, while Lektra supplies her with materials secretly. 

I would be ok with more than five to start with but we haven't decided the Mega configuration. It's Minotaur shaped, which means 4 limbs and a torso+head. Shall we make it Griffin shaped?

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Very very good! I approve of most of it.

Twilight is not going to be in a position to be demoting anyone, nor is anyone else. Bolt Solutions are gracefully stepping in to save the world when nobody else can, bringing Magitek to bear against and bringing in chosen ponies (or other species, we're not limiting ourselves to pony Rangers). Twilight and the others are starting off having previously been humbled and more than a little humiliated when the usual approach not only doesn't work but causes the invaders to laugh at them. Twilight would just be butting in way too much and being too much of a good influence that I'm sure would make both Lektra and Luster sick of it. With needing use of the castle, she has to take it. I'm sure you know where I'm leading with this? Luster goes off on her own with Twilight always saying she's not ready, while Lektra supplies her with materials secretly. 

I would be ok with more than five to start with but we haven't decided the Mega configuration. It's Minotaur shaped, which means 4 limbs and a torso+head. Shall we make it Griffin shaped?

That brings up a few more questions. Are the rangers a secret group of heroes? Or are they civil defense, like Lightspeed Rescue & SPD? Are identities secret or public? Does Bolt solutions announce it's saving the world, or intervening in secret?  And what's the theme? Every series had a theme, whether it be dinosaurs, animals, cars, ninjas, magic, etc. Will these powers be endowed via a magical outside source, or harnessed like advanced tech? The morphing grid can go either way. 

So if Twi isn't butting in, and Leks spoils her creation with the latest tech, what's the conflict for Luster? Why would she stick it out on her own if things are going so smoothly? It sounds like Luster would be getting along everypony on the same page. And that sounds both boring and out of character for her, not to mention it robs the game of potential story conflict.  The only way I can see it working is with a wait and see approach. Perhaps she's fine with Lektra's methods, but doubts the rangers themselves, coming into conflict with the rest of the cast. 

Actually, now that I think about it, what if Luster wasn't an assistant, but like a co-leader. She could be responsible for tactical and combat operations and be like a drill sergeant to the rangers, later clashing w/ everypony on how to handle the bigger picture, seeing the situation as less super sentai, and more pacific rim. 

As for the megazord? Have the head be it's own zord, maybe in conjunction with a pair of wings? Perhaps progress the zords with differing models,  like the starter zord, mid level enhanced zord, bonus 6th ranger zord and then super megazord, as the formula goes. 

On 9/25/2017 at 3:42 PM, Lektra Bolt said:

can think of two people who might be interested in playing the villain, who doesn't necessarily HAVE to lose and could be reformed: @Randimaxis@Kaze Yousei

--------------------------------------

Things that need to be decided on:

1. Five players and who gets what color fancy suit! Simple enough! Maybe what they look like too, but we can probably find ponified Ranger art online.

2. Player weapons and how the weapons combine. That's not going to be all that simple, really.

4. Your Zords, how they combine, and what they combine into.

5. Who is playing our villain, what kind of character it is, and their backstory.

6. Maybe help me flesh out the plot a little and make it sound like a story rather than an idea, once the other points are decided?

---------------------------------------

Original idea for reference:

I want to play as anti-hero,  The color is would be  dark teal (if possible)  It wouldn't consider to be one of the ranger, but the power is quite similar theirs. Have a hood over it head and a trench coat over it  some what modern style to it . (sorry just have a mixed kaman rider and super sentai thoughts to thisxp) . It gender is  unannounced so now referring to it's name  only. (haven't thought of one yet) .

Weapon will be a mulitple weapons (including two blaster guns and one sword and one chained weapons)  The two guns are combined either together or with the sword. Creating as  "final wave" blow. the chained is just used as a secondary weapon.  

Zord: is form of a serpent rose from water. It full form has not been reveled yet,  only the good heart-ed will unlock that.  It has multiple blaster that shot thoughout the body and "final blast" from it mouth. It can used it tail as a close range attack.

Its backstory is mysteries but for all we can tell it not from here on earth and its planet is no longer here. Its goal is plain and simiple creating a perfect world for the plant earth even if mean crossing the line. it has a body of a pony/cotl; long and slander. but not the same size as the princesses. But we dont know for sure it is a pony/colt. 

Is this okay? let me know what you think!

I'm not sure if I have to used a canon pony characters for this or just make up a new characters...

Edited by TBD

3 hours ago, TBD said:

I want to play as anti-hero,  The color is would be  dark teal (if possible)  It wouldn't consider to be one of the ranger, but the power is quite similar theirs. Have a hood over it head and a trench coat over it  some what modern style to it . (sorry just have a mixed kaman rider and super sentai thoughts to thisxp) . It gender is  unannounced so now referring to it's name  only. (haven't thought of one yet) .

Weapon will be a mulitple weapons (including two blaster guns and one sword and one chained weapons)  The two guns are combined either together or with the sword. Creating as  "final wave" blow. the chained is just used as a secondary weapon.  

Zord: is form of a serpent rose from water. It full form has not been reveled yet,  only the good heart-ed will unlock that.  It has multiple blaster that shot thoughout the body and "final blast" from it mouth. It can used it tail as a close range attack.

Its backstory is mysteries but for all we can tell it not from here on earth and its planet is no longer here. Its goal is plain and simiple creating a perfect world for the plant earth even if mean crossing the line. it has a body of a pony/cotl; long and slander. but not the same size as the princesses. But we dont know for sure it is a pony/colt. 

Is this okay? let me know what you think!

I'm not sure if I have to used a canon pony characters for this or just make up a new characters...

This is not ok. You are already well established with your own stuff? And you're a super mysterious Edge Lord Alicorn shape with multiple weapons? I'm sorry, nope, nope. Also nope. Try again please and this time look at what's already been talked about

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

That brings up a few more questions. Are the rangers a secret group of heroes? Or are they civil defense, like Lightspeed Rescue & SPD? Are identities secret or public? Does Bolt solutions announce it's saving the world, or intervening in secret?  And what's the theme? Every series had a theme, whether it be dinosaurs, animals, cars, ninjas, magic, etc. Will these powers be endowed via a magical outside source, or harnessed like advanced tech? The morphing grid can go either way. 

So if Twi isn't butting in, and Leks spoils her creation with the latest tech, what's the conflict for Luster? Why would she stick it out on her own if things are going so smoothly? It sounds like Luster would be getting along everypony on the same page. And that sounds both boring and out of character for her, not to mention it robs the game of potential story conflict.  The only way I can see it working is with a wait and see approach. Perhaps she's fine with Lektra's methods, but doubts the rangers themselves, coming into conflict with the rest of the cast. 

Actually, now that I think about it, what if Luster wasn't an assistant, but like a co-leader. She could be responsible for tactical and combat operations and be like a drill sergeant to the rangers, later clashing w/ everypony on how to handle the bigger picture, seeing the situation as less super sentai, and more pacific rim. 

As for the megazord? Have the head be it's own zord, maybe in conjunction with a pair of wings? Perhaps progress the zords with differing models,  like the starter zord, mid level enhanced zord, bonus 6th ranger zord and then super megazord, as the formula goes. 

Very Light Speed Rescue based. The Rangers have secret identities and it is being funded and built by an entrepreneur in secret. Magitek is mostly magic so probably the theme would be magical but I'm waiting to hear back from @Randimaxis what he's panning for the big bad as well.

I am ok with you being in a combat and tactical capacity, but we'll be working on Luster as time goes on so don't expect to be awesome from the get go ok?

When I get on my PC I'll write out what we have decided so far and put it into the first post, and who has what color, then maybe add more based on pieces of the Mega

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

This is not ok. You are already well established with your own stuff? And you're a super mysterious Edge Lord Alicorn shape with multiple weapons? I'm sorry, nope, nope. Also nope. Try again please and this time look war what's already been talked about

Very Light Speed Rescue based. The Rangers have secret identities but it's being funded and built by an entrepreneur in secret. Magitek is mostly magic so probably the theme would be magical but I'm waiting to hear back from Rand what he's panning for the big bad as well.

I am ok with you being in a combat and tactical capacity, but we'll be working Luster as time goes on so don't expect to be awesome from the get go ok?

When I get on my PC I'll write out what we have decided so far and put it into the first post, and who has what color, then maybe add more based on pieces of the Mega

Not combat as in joining the fight.  More like a general giving orders from the rear. I can see her massacring the disposable goons, maybe even besting a low level boss. But anything higher and she'll get trounced, hence the need to up grade. 

Speaking of the big bad, has Rand hinted at what we'll be fighting in general? Cause it should make sense given our context. Let's try and not to have a ninja storm scenario on our hands. 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Not combat as in joining the fight.  More like a general giving orders from the rear. I can see her massacring the disposable goons, maybe even besting a low level boss. But anything higher and she'll get trounced, hence the need to up grade. 

Speaking of the big bad, has Rand hinted at what we'll be fighting in general? Cause it should make sense given our context. Let's try and not to have a ninja storm scenario on our hands. 

This sounds fine. You're thinking on a reasonable level with the beginning, with room to grow. I'll get cracking on a prototype for the plot opener I have in mind, and we'll all tweak it together. I'd like to see you come up with a way to get Luster upset at the direction the others are taking, but it's not necessary if you feel she would be fine working with the group. Hey crazy idea, did you want her to be Red?

And nope he has not. We haven't talked by PM, but he seems interested as you saw

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

This sounds fine. You're thinking on a reasonable level with the beginning, with room to grow. I'll get cracking on a prototype for the plot opener I have in mind, and we'll all tweak it together.

And nope he has not. We haven't talked by PM, but he seems interested as you saw

Good to hear.

A few ideas if he can't come up with anything:

• Magitek abominations from a rival scientist or corporation. 
  • Demons of tarturus summoned by an ancient foe from 1000 years ago. 
  • Elemental monstrosities brought fourth by an ambitious dark magic sorcerer. 
  • Invaders from a far away nation.
  • Denizens of one of the mirror universes. 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Good to hear.

A few ideas if he can't come up with anything:

• Magitek abominations from a rival scientist or corporation. 
  • Demons of tarturus summoned by an ancient foe from 1000 years ago. 
  • Elemental monstrosities brought fourth by an ambitious dark magic sorcerer. 
  • Invaders from a far away nation.
  • Denizens of one of the mirror universes.

1. Magitek is proprietary to Bolt Solutions, but enchanted items do exist in a non commercialized way.

2. So basically Power Rangers Samurai? That's been done.

3. That's not bad really. Could work.

4. Eh, I feel like war has been done and it's more of an army against army thing rather than fitting the PR trope.

5. I would like to not bring the MLP Comics into this, as not everyone read this and there would be a lot to summarize. I personally don't read this myself.

Denim what do you think about Luster being Red? The leader

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

And you're a super mysterious Edge Lord Alicorn shape with multiple weapons?

no mine is not a alicorn haha, just a regular pony. a tall slander Pegasus but not as tall or slander as the alicorns. (kinda like tempest's size?) plus i wouldn't called my character a "OP" since it has weakness and the weapons itself arent that very strong, it effective but not god-like strong. 

Now unless you want me to used a canon character that would be fine, I would just replace this my OC character with a canon character but the concept will the same. I can either canon or OC, which ever works for you.

Edited by TBD

3 minutes ago, TBD said:

no mine is not a alicorn haha, just a regular pony. a Pegasus. plus i wouldn't called my character a "OP" since its has weakness and the weapons itself arent that very strong, it effective but not god-like strong. 

I am sorry this is not happening. You do not get to be a fully established solo complete enigma Ranger with your own Zord(s) and a transforming weapon. In what way do you actually believe this makes sense in basically Episode 1? Really, I'd like to hear

Edited by Lektra Bolt

15 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I am sorry this is not happening. You do not get to be a fully established solo complete enigma Ranger with your own Zord(s) and a transforming weapon. In what way do you actually believe this makes sense in basically Episode 1? Really, I'd like to hear

well like the green ranger he kinda sort of a "rouge" character till he reformed himself (not sure if its the same with the american shows) But you seems to know what's going on more than i do, since there alot of comment being made here. and I only read your initial post. so if there anyway you could give me a suggestion? I would be open to it. but my OC is anti-hero (i could change it from coming from different planet to earth but knowing PR aliens do exist. )  xp. as for a solo enigma ranger, it can happen since in Gokai silver is his own and has his own zord which  just came with his key after he got them. but i'm open for suggestion and some editing. 

unless it can be a solo for now as it shown in the first few episodes ..then later join the crew as it learn how to cope with others that I dont mind. but it ways of fighting and moral will be different. but still working on being a good hero. it would be good for a character development 

the explanation how it got it power will be later explained but for now he is kinda like the mysteries in and out. But out of it suit he can be their disguised friend? or something like that. xp

Edited by TBD

1 hour ago, TBD said:

well like the green ranger he kinda sort of a "rouge" character till he reformed himself (not sure if its the same with the american shows) But you seems to know what's going on more than i do, since there alot of comment being made here. and I only read your initial post. so if there anyway you could give me a suggestion? I would be open to it. but my OC is anti-hero (i could change it from coming from different planet to earth but knowing PR aliens do exist. )  xp. as for a solo enigma ranger, it can happen since in Gokai silver is his own and has his own zord. but i'm open for suggestion and some editing. 

See the thing with what you're referencing is that it happened later in the show, about middle season 1 of Mighty Morphin in English. The Rangers already had been fighting Rita for a good while when Tommy was basically created (I know he wasn't created but she pretty much pulled a random teenager played by the now famous Jason David Frank out the street) and gave him his Evil Green Ranger morpher. He did not exist at the start of the show, nor was he around at the start. Think Episode 1. You cannot have this kind of thing. I'm sorry but stuff like this just cannot happen at the beginning.

I don't remember too much of the Silver Ranger, since I don't watch the Japanese version so I forget where he's from, but extra Rangers just are not created at the start of the show. What you're asking is just impossible to start with. The best I can do is give you a Mention when we're ready to take extra Rangers, but you will still have to be sponsored by Bolt Solutions because the kind of technology we need for an MLPxPR scenario doesn't normally exist in MLP proper and I'm creating it with my OCs talent. You cannot be an unknown, I'm sorry.

If you'd like to start with everyone else, you will have to start on an equal footing and earn upgrades over time. We just cannot accommodate extra Rangers at the start of the RP

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lektra Bolt said:

See the thing with what you're referencing is that it happened later in the show, about middle season 1 of Mighty Morphin en English. The Rangers already had been fighting Rita for a good while when Tommy was basically created (I know he wasn't created but she pretty much pulled a random teenager played by the now famous Jason David Frank out the street) and gave him his Evil Green Ranger morpher. He did not exist at the start of the show, nor was he around at the start. Think Episode 1. You cannot have this kind of thing. I'm sorry but stuff like this just cannot happen at the beginning.

I don't remember too much of the Silver Ranger, since I don't watch the Japanese version so I forget where he's from, but extra Rangers just are not created at the start of the show. What you're asking is just impossible to start with. The best I can do is give you a Mention when we're ready to take extra Rangers, but you will still have to be sponsored by Bolt Solutions because the kind of technology we need for an MLPxPR scenario doesn't normally exist in MLP proper and I'm creating it with my OCs talent. You cannot be an unknown, I'm sorry.

If you'd like to start with everyone else, you will have to start on an equal footing and earn upgrades over time. We just cannot accommodate extra Rangers at the start of the RP

okay sound good, that makes sense. i guess i was getting a little head of myself... so what if my OC start off as villian then later be reformed later in the episodes to transition to villian--antihero--hero. and become as a "extra colored" ranger  to the group. Or just be some sort assistant (after reformation) to the original ranger and doesn't have to be ranger but has a suit similar like theirs. or..my OC can come in later in the episodes as anti-hero ranger who they don't know how it got the ranger power but later to be explained? .  which ever works for me. will that work? and i can work something out about limiting the technology that works on mlp. what sort of advance tech in mlp are we talking about here?

13 minutes ago, TBD said:

okay sound good, that makes sense. i guess i was getting a little head of myself... so what if my OC start off as villian then later be reformed later in the episodes to transition to villian--antihero--hero. and become as a "extra colored" ranger  to the group. Or just be some sort assistant (after reformation) to the original ranger and doesn't have to be ranger but has a suit similar like theirs. or..my OC can come in later in the episodes as anti-hero ranger who they don't know how it got the ranger power but later to be explained? .  which ever works for me. will that work? and i can work something out about limiting the technology that works on mlp. what sort of advance tech in mlp are we talking about here?

We can do that, but you would be signing up as a villain and would have to determine your relationship to our big bad. Solo minor villains are completely fine, but they obviously need to watch out to not be killed off by the good guys OR bad guys. Deaths are unlikely since you have to allow your character to be killed (Who wants to get effectively removed from the RP, right? You don't of course) and it has to be done fairly, so worst that could happen is you would be badly injured. You would be neutral evil, and both sides would be out to get you. It's a precarious position but offers much reward if played right.

You would work toward wanting to be reformed, whichever way you want to do this, but don't make it too obvious or easy. I mean yea you'd like to be an extra Ranger eventually, I get that, but signing up as a neutral evil for the sole purpose of being an extra Ranger eventually doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun at your initial role first, too.

The morphing technology is being created entirely by my OC, in a similar way to the way Power Rangers Overdrive is done. A genius inventor taps into the morphing grid and creates the means to fight the invaders. It's not so much technology really, but would make sense if you read her profile. It's just something she can do.

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt

Interesting idea. But isn't red a traditionally male occupation? Unless you count luster as gender neutral.

Nah synthetic life can also have genders.

We could make it an exception. Red was female in the original A Squad in the SPD season. The entire A Squad were traitors though. There is precedent for it, as weird and as brief as it was. This would also allow taking on an extra male starting Ranger, making the starting squad 3 female, 4 male, for a total of 7.

Red was also female in Samurai, but only briefly again. The original Red was female and left the dojo before the events of that season, leading to two of them when she came back. It also originally led to a conflict of who should be leader and then led to two when fighting the big bad. I think she left again after the first time he was defeated, though I don't fully remember.

Let's not do the traitor thing though, it was a just an example for Red being female

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I could see that working. Maybe down the line she can leave over creative differences and become an anti-hero/villian.

Do you really need her to ever? Unless you wanna have her get sick of Twilight trying to exert influence over how things get done, Lektra would still be in charge of the Ranger project overall. It's very simple really: Get her upset and she walks, taking the source of everyone's power and any hope of the world not being conquered with her. So if anyone has influence it would be Luster really, with Twilight more of a nag. Would you want to play Twilight?

If you do like this idea I need you to design a special Ranger only weapon for Luster and pick a type of Zord, and figure out where she'll wear the color. Also a full profile that works with what's been talked about so far (use the mlpforums.com profile system but post it here?). Might be better off waiting until the story prompt is at least in Alpha stage. That's also when we'll start thinking how the Zords fit together so some might change, as well as the weapons.

To do list for me:

Get the story prompt updated and posted for everyone to critique and give input.

Get player list put up.

Edited by Lektra Bolt

56 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Do you really need her to ever? Unless you wanna have her get sick of Twilight trying to exert influence over how things get done, Lektra would still be in charge of the Ranger project overall. It's very simple really: Get her upset and she walks, taking the source of everyone's power and any hope of the world not being conquered with her. So if anyone has influence it would be Luster really, with Twilight more of a nag. Would you want to play Twilight?

If you do like this idea I need you to design a special Ranger only weapon for Luster and pick a type of Zord, and figure out where she'll wear the color. Also a full profile that works with what's been talked about so far (use the mlpforums.com profile system but post it here?). Might be better off waiting until the story prompt is at least in Alpha stage. That's also when we'll start thinking how the Zords fit together so some might change, as well as the weapons.

To do list for me:

Get the story prompt updated and posted for everyone to critique and give input.

Get player list put up.

Maybe she won't ditch. Maybe she will. It could depend upon where the story will go.

I could play twi. Or we can leave it an open posision w/ guidlines. 

How will she wear The red? Like everypony else? Though maybe have the uniforms be less spandex and more armore. Like halfway between show and the recent movie. 

As for Zords? Depends on what theme we want? We could go all horses. Or we each pick a creature to make the Zord, like manticore, bugbear, cragidile, timberwolf, windego. Ect. 

And while planning, we should probably come up w/ a proper endgame and story arc. No rangers season lasted forever.