Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

1 hour ago, TBD said:

The villains is all good just not sure if @Randimaxis is still up for it. He might have mentioned he won't so I'm taking over now. We're still keeping them the same.  

He's already said he ain't doing it remember? Is he allowing you to run them? It was his idea so I'm not sure if it would feel right without his permission. Feel free to discuss how were converting them to humanoids in EG

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Hmm if we tie it too much to Equestria then that might present the problem that it's too complicated to repair after battles, since they're magical. We would need to explain how we can repair them, and where the materials to do so come from. Self repair can only go so far. Losing a chunk and regrowing or reattaching seems kinda cheap to me. Not cheap like cost, but cheap like is the robot Deadpool?

For how long? Working together then? I'm sure Twi would wanna be involved, or at least she's too much into investigating to not find out on her own. She did with the girls originally that something weird was going on. I figure she'd find out anyway

And that's where here curiosity kicks in. She learns, adapts, and reverse engineers. 

Guess that all depends on what role we want for twi. 

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

And that's where here curiosity kicks in. She learns, adapts, and reverse engineers. 

Guess that all depends on what role we want for twi.  

That works. On a teachers salary though? Maybe development is somewhat further along and she has an income on the side? We will still need repair materials if we go with the learning and adapting

What role DO we want for Twi? She's too much into investigating to stay away

1 hour ago, Lektra Bolt said:

That works. On a teachers salary though? Maybe development is somewhat further along and she has an income on the side? We will still need repair materials if we go with the learning and adapting

What role DO we want for Twi? She's too much into investigating to stay away

Maybe teaching is her side business and she's really a tech entrepreneur. 

And I have a few ideas.

• Leks tries to keep her out of the loop, inadvertently pushing her away and making her into a villain, who gets redeemed into a ranger. 
  • she's more of an assistant type who slowly works up the courage to become a ranger. 

33 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Maybe teaching is her side business and she's really a tech entrepreneur. 

And I have a few ideas.

• Leks tries to keep her out of the loop, inadvertently pushing her away and making her into a villain, who gets redeemed into a ranger. 
  • she's more of an assistant type who slowly works up the courage to become a ranger. 

So like invests in sponsoring other peoples tech and has some income going in from that, I like it.

As for Twi, which do you think would seem more plausible, and which would you enjoy playing more? Probably the former. A saving Twi arc

25 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

So like invests in sponsoring other peoples tech and has some income going in from that, I like it.

As for Twi, which do you think would seem more plausible, and which would you enjoy playing more? Probably the former. A saving Twi arc

I see the former as more likely cause if Leks really does care, she'd want Twi to stay away from the business of fighting evil. But that only pushes her away, and when she eventually does learn what Leks is doing, or at the very least, thinks shes working with the rangers this whole time, she feels betrayed and walks the path to becoming midnight again. 

There's another idea which could be a way to bring Luster in, and that's terminator style. She comes after Twi, but why is unclear. It could be to save Twi, savior of the future, or to kill her, destroyer of the future. 

9 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I see the former as more likely cause if Leks really does care, she'd want Twi to stay away from the business of fighting evil. But that only pushes her away, and when she eventually does learn what Leks is doing, or at the very least, thinks shes working with the rangers this whole time, she feels betrayed and walks the path to becoming midnight again. 

There's another idea which could be a way to bring Luster in, and that's terminator style. She comes after Twi, but why is unclear. It could be to save Twi, savior of the future, or to kill her, destroyer of the future. 

My main concern with that first one is she's been shown as not only deathly afraid of going evil again, but Midnight was defeated in her mind. So not only is she not going to let it happen, but it's just not something that can happen anymore based on prior events.

We have a villain though, many in fact. I've given you an idea earlier of how we can being in Luster, but her being evil is just unnecessary as we have a a whole Cadre that could drive us batty for a while. Trust me, I know

But there are a few things that would still nerd to be worked out, and that's what could have damaged her enough or why she she comes here, and stuff like that

7 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

My main concern with that first one is she's been shown as not only deathly afraid of going evil again, but Midnight was defeated in her mind. So not only is she not going to let it happen, but it's just not something that can happen anymore based on prior events.

We have a villain though, many in fact. I've given you an idea earlier of how we can being in Luster, but her being evil is just unnecessary as we have a a whole Cadre that could drive us batty for a while. Trust me, I know

But there are a few things that would still nerd to be worked out, and that's what could have damaged her enough or why she she comes here, and stuff like that

Frankly the movie explanation was rushed and pretty weak sauce. Sci-Twi seems to be the type plagued by insecurities and doubts, and it's reasonable to conclude she'd fall into the trap of being midnight again. 

And not necessarily evil but more anti-villian. Someone who  knows what they're doing is wrong but is for a good cause, and someone who could still be turned to the side of good. And it still goes with your idea of her being found and salvaged by Lektra. 

On 11/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, Lektra Bolt said:

He's already said he ain't doing it remember? Is he allowing you to run them? It was his idea so I'm not sure if it would feel right without his permission. Feel free to discuss how were converting them to humanoids in EG

I'm going to do so now.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

We're still talking over what role Twi should have in this. We still don't know how involved we want her to be. 

We're talking about  sci-twi right? since if we are transferring everything into EQG. We could have her join into the dark side, having Lek struggles to get her back on the ranger side. Thus this will allow the build up relation between sci-twi and lek. 

1 minute ago, TBD said:

We're talking about  sci-twi right? since if we are transferring everything into EQG. We could have her join into the dark side, having Lek struggles to get her back on the ranger side. Thus this will allow the build up relation between sci-twi and lek. 

That would make the most sense, as I don't see her as ranger material from the onset. But Lektra isn't 100% convinced thats the way we should go. 

12 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

That would make the most sense, as I don't see her as ranger material from the onset. But Lektra isn't 100% convinced thats the way we should go. 

Well, when Rand reply back to my massage and if he does allow me to take over for his villains, Evil twi might work. Because Rand's villain known as the "the prophet " is very good with temptations and offering promises to those who seek him. We know the fact Sci-twi has  tries to fight back from turning back to Midnight in EGQ:everfree movie. Because she was trying to be the best person she can be for her friends. So we could have the prophet (the villain big boss) tries to lure her to their side. Even if that leads her to becoming Midnight. While at the same we can have her as a ranger but feels she isnt good enough. 

Edited by TBD

16 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@TBD @Denim&Venomthis all works for me, I know you guys can run it well.

I'll get to work writing a draft and run it by you in here before posting it and asking for this thread to be closed

sounds good and Rand just gave his permission for me to take over.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

@Denim&Venom@TBD@Drago Ryder

Good news guys! I have an idea!

I've been thinking about this a lot and here is a (messy) version of what's been in my head

I'd like to do a what if EG world, taking the canon into account but making it work with what I establish here. So like it happened, but we are adding to it.

I would like Canterlot High School eventually to become a school of magic. How? Well let me present my idea.

The Magiforge (tentative name) is a sentient ancient artifact that has lain dormant underground for millennia in EG.

Due to an unknown event (This can be decided on if necessary) it has stopped it's rotation for these millennia, removing magic from the world and making EG a magic-less 'regular' world. With the leaking of magical energies from Equestria the forge has started to turn again, ever so slowly. The geodes are a representation of magic attempting to come back to the world. As magic continues to leak from Equestria the forge will spin faster and more supernatural things will happen in EG until the forge is spinning enough that it will make EG into a world where pony-like magic works again EG humans will be able to have abilities like the Equestria races, but for now we are starting small.

Only those who have found a geode and are chosen by the Magiforge will be able to use magic, and only while in Ranger form. The Magiforge Conduit in Ranger HQ (in the school, exact location to be decided) must be protected. The forge itself is in the planet's core and cannot be destroyed, especially since the villains will be able to take advantage of it too.

How the villains got here

Starswirl trapped many bad guys in this magic-less world, thinking their powers will be dampened and they would be unable to cause any damage. With the Magiforge starting to spin again, ordinary humans living here since being trapped who forgot why they were still alive for so long are discovering that they are actually not so ordinary. Some of the bad guys had gone into hibernation from a lack of magic, but are now starting to wake up.

The Power Rangers: Harmony Force

Take up your Morpher! Magical Source, Harmony Force!

Each Power Ranger will have a Geode Morpher and will be allowed one ability while in civilian form. Anything more significant will require morphing and the other members to be present, at least one. More for more complicated spells. A spellbook will not be provided, and players can come up with spells as the RP continues, pending GM approval. Think of this one ability as your Pony Talent or racials. When morphed you will also have a racial ability, so if your counterpart is a Dragon you can fly and breathe fire. Be sure to choose a race counterpart!

Non Ranger players are allowed. Amount of Rangers is to be decided, but I'd like 5 or 6, or a max of 7 or 8. People who have watched enough PR would know why these numbers are important.

Edited by Lektra Bolt

@Lektra Bolt

I think you nailed it! I really like this idea of starting with EG and how it was set up with the Magiforge. Makes a complete sense. I have some few question, so our character will start off as human? not as creatures or ponies going across the mirror to the human world right? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, TBD said:

I have some few question, so our character will start off as human? not as creatures or ponies going across the mirror to the human world right? 

Yeah, and gain Equestria ability for short periods. Only a geode will allow you to to function fully like someone from Equestria, and only in powered up form. While there is no actual duration limit, it's encouraged to not just stay transformed indefinitely for balance purposes

Edited by Lektra Bolt

21 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yeah, and gain Equestria ability for short periods. Only a geode will allow you to to function fully like someone from Equestria, and only in powered up form. While there is no actual duration limit, it's encouraged to not just stay transformed indefinitely for balance purposes

okay make sense, so I assumed only the rangers can access to the geode. And as the villains since they are originally from the equestria  but is banished to the human world which disallow them to use they magic, would you want me to come up something that can make them gain their magic? or once they are broke free they are still able to use their ability? 

(edited)
10 hours ago, TBD said:

okay make sense, so I assumed only the rangers can access to the geode. And as the villains since they are originally from the equestria  but is banished to the human world which disallow them to use they magic, would you want me to come up something that can make them gain their magic? or once they are broke free they are still able to use their ability? 

Unless it's a really powerful villain like you know who, we are assuming that the villains are at max possible power at all times, balanced only by how much magical ability is allowed to the world by the Magiforge. For comparison purposes, this is how I'm rationalizing that the Rangers need to transform in the first place. It's a 'get on my level' kind of thing. In Season 2 they would transform to again match the villains, who are considered Op at max world magic level. Also how I've always rationalized fights being 5 or more on one. You need a minimum of 5 Rangers to match 1 monster, or a powered up Red/Extra (Special suit). Though in later seasons, Extras have been able to match the monster or a squad without needing a Special like the Battleizer

I haven't worked out how S2 will work yet. Just trying to set the lore and work out the starting details. If we need to make changes we will

Edited by Lektra Bolt

5 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Unless it's a really powerful villain like you know who, we are assuming that the villains are at max possible power at all times, balanced only by how much magical ability is allowed to the world by the Magiforge. For comparison purposes, this is how I'm rationalizing that the Rangers need to transform in the first place. It's a 'get on my level' kind of thing. In Season 2 they would transform to again match the villains, who are considered Op at max world magic level. Also how I've always rationalized fights being 5 or more on one. You need a minimum of 5 Rangers to match 1 monster, or a powered up Red/Extra (Special suit). Though in later seasons, Extras have been able to match the monster or a squad without needing a Special like the Battleizer

I haven't worked out how S2 will work yet. Just trying to set the lore and work out the starting details. If we need to make changes we will

Hmm well since Rand gives me his permission to use his villains their leader is technically  trapped and can only be free by these artifacts  his minions have to collect in order to break him free. So it would fit with what you said about star-swirl imprisoned this villain to the human world. his minion could cross the EG and tries to free him?  They will still have the power just like the siren did when they want to human world.  I assumed as the new boss battle moves up, the hard and power these minion will be. that way these ranger can power up when they needed. we just need to figure out when and for which villains they need to power up. 

• Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt 

It's a nifty idea. Perhaps something that could ensue conflict as to whether or not Earth should be a magical place. 

Or here's another idea. What if the forge was shut off on purpose. What if it was Starswirl who did it, because the forge was siphoning off magic from Equestria, and slowly turning Equestria into a more mundane reality? 

However this doesn't really address what we were discussing prior, namely the roles of Sci-Twi and Luster if she's to be involved. 

(edited)
11 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt 

It's a nifty idea. Perhaps something that could ensue conflict as to whether or not Earth should be a magical place. 

Or here's another idea. What if the forge was shut off on purpose. What if it was Starswirl who did it, because the forge was siphoning off magic from Equestria, and slowly turning Equestria into a more mundane reality? 

However this doesn't really address what we were discussing prior, namely the roles of Sci-Twi and Luster if she's to be involved. 

It's an interesting idea, but it would not only directly involve Equestria which I'm trying to minimize, but would also mean the players would have to make a choice. EG is nice, but pretty sure we'd all choose to keep Equestria a magical place. I'm also trying to go further back than just a thousand years for the time period of it being shut off, and SS isn't immortal or otherwise unaffected by the passing of time like the sisters. It's interesting but would just create an issue of only saving one world. Since it's your idea how would you resolve this?

As for Luster and Sci Twi we didn't really finish that. I was thinking Luster could be our Android Ranger like in Operation Overdrive, getting sent from Equestria but getting damaged in the crossing and needing to be rebuilt to be a human. But you never decided which direction you'd like to take Sci Twi. I imagine she would find out about this first and all the girls in general would feel threatened by another group of geode wielders. I'd like to involve them, but the problem is players tend to not want to play the canon's. The other girls will have very minor roles, if any at all

Edited by Lektra Bolt