Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

10 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

It's an interesting idea, but it would not only directly involve Equestria which I'm trying to minimize, but would also mean the players would have to make a choice. EG is nice, but pretty sure we'd all choose to keep Equestria a magical place. I'm also trying to go further back than just a thousand years for the time period of it being shut off, and SS isn't immortal or otherwise unaffected by the passing of time like the sisters. It's interesting but would just create an issue of only saving one world. Since it's your idea how would you resolve this?

As for Luster and Sci Twi we didn't really finish that. I was thinking Luster could be our Android Ranger like in Operation Overdrive, getting sent from Equestria but getting damaged in the crossing and needing to be rebuilt to be a human. But you never decided which direction you'd like to take Sci Twi. I imagine she would find out about this first and all the girls in general would feel threatened by another group of geode wielders. I'd like to involve them, but the problem is players tend to not want to play the canon's. The other girls will have very minor roles, if any at all

See, I was thinking we could tie this into Earths own myths and superstitions. Mythical creatures and tales of sorcerers and prophets and even phenomena that inspired religions, could have all been due to the forge. And now all that has faded into legend due to the forge being shut down. 

And yes, the players would have to make a choice. That's the point of all RPs. And would all our characters want Equestria, a place they probably never been to, to stay magical, or would they want their world to finally be a magical place? 

As to why Luster is there? Maybe we don't even know? Perhaps we see her arrive with unclear motivations, but then gets damaged in a fight with a baddie, and then she doesn't even remember why she's here. 

I'm still thinking that Twi shouldn't be a ranger  or even part of the team initially. Just someone who wants to research magic at long last, and that keeps putting her in danger.  

• Brohoof 1

On 1/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, Denim&Venom said:

See, I was thinking we could tie this into Earths own myths and superstitions. Mythical creatures and tales of sorcerers and prophets and even phenomena that inspired religions, could have all been due to the forge. And now all that has faded into legend due to the forge being shut down. 

And yes, the players would have to make a choice. That's the point of all RPs. And would all our characters want Equestria, a place they probably never been to, to stay magical, or would they want their world to finally be a magical place? 

As to why Luster is there? Maybe we don't even know? Perhaps we see her arrive with unclear motivations, but then gets damaged in a fight with a baddie, and then she doesn't even remember why she's here. 

I'm still thinking that Twi shouldn't be a ranger  or even part of the team initially. Just someone who wants to research magic at long last, and that keeps putting her in danger.  

I'm down for this idea, but let's just not have the choice thing and leave the reason for the forge being shut down as an unknown, or at least something that doesn't involve Equestria that heavily. The Zords are from Equestria and would need that world to stay magical to function.

I'll keep tinkering. Computer has been having issues lately, and as of this writing I don't know if the bandaid fix I put on will fix it.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, Lektra Bolt said:

I'm down for this idea, but let's just not have the choice thing and leave the reason for the forge being shut down as an unknown, or at least something that doesn't involve Equestria that heavily. The Zords are from Equestria and would need that world to stay magical to function.

we have the big boss villain "The prophet" be the reason why the forge needs to be shut down in order to better the safely of the world. 

• 4 weeks later...