Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

13 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

We can do that, but you would be signing up as a villain and would have to determine your relationship to our big bad. Solo minor villains are completely fine, but they obviously need to watch out to not be killed off by the good guys OR bad guys. Deaths are unlikely since you have to allow your character to be killed (Who wants to get effectively removed from the RP, right? You don't of course) and it has to be done fairly, so worst that could happen is you would be badly injured. You would be neutral evil, and both sides would be out to get you. It's a precarious position but offers much reward if played right.

You would work toward wanting to be reformed, whichever way you want to do this, but don't make it too obvious or easy. I mean yea you'd like to be an extra Ranger eventually, I get that, but signing up as a neutral evil for the sole purpose of being an extra Ranger eventually doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun at your initial role first, too.

The morphing technology is being created entirely by my OC, in a similar way to the way Power Rangers Overdrive is done. A genius inventor taps into the morphing grid and creates the means to fight the invaders. It's not so much technology really, but would make sense if you read her profile. It's just something she can do.

Okay got it, I like where this is going. sign me up as villian (as one of the loyal guards which I assumed there will more than one serving the big boss) and later as the role playing goes or how the plot is leading to (since it too early to say) that will determine my OC's fate. 

13 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

The morphing technology is being created entirely by my OC, in a similar way to the way Power Rangers Overdrive is done. A genius inventor taps into the morphing grid and creates the means to fight the invaders. It's not so much technology really, but would make sense if you read her profile. It's just something she can do.

ohh cool, guess your OC get to do the hard part then xp.  so when are we starting this role play?

Edited by TBD

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Maybe she won't ditch. Maybe she will. It could depend upon where the story will go.

I could play twi. Or we can leave it an open posision w/ guidlines. 

How will she wear The red? Like everypony else? Though maybe have the uniforms be less spandex and more armore. Like halfway between show and the recent movie. 

As for Zords? Depends on what theme we want? We could go all horses. Or we each pick a creature to make the Zord, like manticore, bugbear, cragidile, timberwolf, windego. Ect. 

And while planning, we should probably come up w/ a proper endgame and story arc. No rangers season lasted forever. 

I guess we'll see how that goes, but please let me know if you'd like to take on Twilight.

When I say wear it in this case I mean clothes or accessories. It's customary to have your color somewhere on your body in normal form. Would you be able to do that? The suits aren't spandex and definitely armor. I feel it makes sense for Magitek to be battle suits instead of spandex. It would be closer to the movie definitely.

I was actually thinking about the first Mega being a Griffin when combined. This allows for 7 starting Rangers. What do you think?

We'll likely have three arcs. I don't wanna plan that far, really.

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Okay got it, I like where this is going. sign me up as villian (as one of the loyal guards which I assumed there will more than one serving the big boss) and later as the role playing goes or how the plot is leading to (since it too early to say) that will determine my OC's fate. 

ohh cool, guess your OC get to do the hard part then xp.  so when are we starting this role play?

Nah the big bad isn't starting in power, just mid invasion. Keep an eye on it and we'll see what you end up being. As for starting we're still working on it. Would be appreciated since you know the Japanese versions, which I personally am unfamiliar with

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I guess we'll see how that goes, but please let me know if you'd like to take on Twilight.

When I say wear it in this case I mean clothes or accessories. It's customary to have your color somewhere on your body in normal form. Would you be able to do that? The suits aren't spandex and definitely armor. I feel it makes sense for Magitek to be battle suits instead of spandex. It would be closer to the movie definitely.

I was actually thinking about the first Mega being a Griffin when combined. This allows for 7 starting Rangers. What do you think?

We'll likely have three arcs. I don't wanna plan that far, really.

Nah the big bad isn't starting in power, just mid invasion. Keep an eye on it and we'll see what you end up being. As for starting we're still working on it. Would be appreciated since you know the Japanese versions, which I personally am unfamiliar with

I'd be fine w/ playing Twi. I can see her not wanting to give up on the fight so easily and still wanting to be involved, yet not particularly agreeing w/ Lektra's methods of doing it. Though if we are gonna be secretive about all this, we should probably pick a base of operations other than her castle, unless we're gonna be super sneaky. 

Maybe a red paint job? or she tries wearing clothes? Or perhaps even crazier, she actually has a life like android body that just happens to be red. 

A griffon? Odd choice for an all pony cast. I'd just say run an alicorn bot. Same number of limbs. Or just do humanoid, w/ like  mechs making the lower half, one the waist to the knees, the other two the feet, then have the torso, each arm, and then the head or wings be their own mechs. 

3 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

That's fine, I would keep my eyes on it, and also should i start posting up what kind of villian my OC is? just to give others (mainly you) some idea? 

also the japan vs america PR is quite similar but the japaneses version have more depth into their plots and their character's development in a deeper moral sense. Some of the rangers would have past-relation with the bad guys just to make the story more intense and interesting to the point when you can related to them.. while in the american shows it didn't dive too much on villain's perspective other than they wanted to destroy and invade., overall it just has more "colorful" charactrics to all the characters and the plot. 

for example power ranger: galaxy priate, the characters are regular people who happen to be granted with the keys' power after being told they are needed to save the world. Compare to the japanese version "Kaizoku Sentai Gokaige" the characters is actually a real space pirate who are in a search for treasure on earth after their planet is being ran over/destroyed by Zangyack.  however both are quite similar.

I grew up watching the american, and started the japan version while back. And enjoy both version since both have some uniqueness to their story. but you can tell there a difference,  you should give it a go!

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'd be fine w/ playing Twi. I can see her not wanting to give up on the fight so easily and still wanting to be involved, yet not particularly agreeing w/ Lektra's methods of doing it. Though if we are gonna be secretive about all this, we should probably pick a base of operations other than her castle, unless we're gonna be super sneaky. 

Maybe a red paint job? or she tries wearing clothes? Or perhaps even crazier, she actually has a life like android body that just happens to be red. 

A griffon? Odd choice for an all pony cast. I'd just say run an alicorn bot. Same number of limbs. Or just do humanoid, w/ like  mechs making the lower half, one the waist to the knees, the other two the feet, then have the torso, each arm, and then the head or wings be their own mechs. 

Yes I don't see Twilight or any of the Manes just giving up. It would be OOC for them to flat out give up, but they're supporting characters in this and would be floating around town kinda in limbo. Not dead, just not doing much. Twilight has a lot of knowledge about magic she could contribute though, but would it be worth bartering with her? She would probably want to have some say on what's being built if she's helping.

I figure the castle is the hardest assault and not even Twilight knows the whole layout, so even if a bad guy made it in they'd have trouble finding the Command Center. I feel it's worth using a room or two at the Castle of Friendship.

Let's give Luster some Red accents? I don't want you to change Luster in color too much from the original concept, as I remember she was mostly white with a bit of lavender. Though I swear someone needs to play Rarity. Lektra isn't a fashionista mare. She makes things functional but not necessarily good looking, and having Rarity around to have the armors look fashionable and cool would be great. Anyone know someone able to play Rarity well? She has a huge following on the forums and the fan club is the most posted in out of all. You'd think someone who could RP her would be around in the RP section.

Humans don't exist in this remember, so having a human shaped Mega makes no sense. I was thinking Minotaur shaped originally, but I'd like to try to accommodate for a larger starting squad so Alicorn or Griffin shaped makes more sense.

Anyway Denim please pick a Zord and Ranger Weapon so I could add you as reserved for Red. If anyone needs to change their Zord later to fit into the Mega we can discuss it, but pick something please

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I can see the mane 7 essentially pulling a suited for succsess w/ Lektra. Trying to throw in their input, but making things worse. Twi especially, believing she knows best how to save the world. She may not be beyond asking for help, but she might be too proud to look past her friends. 

It'd be a funny reveal. Twi learning that Equestria's mysterious saviors are inside her own castle.  And when she does find out, that's when all the trouble starts for Leks and the rangers. Though perhaps they'll all pull through and help give the rangers EoH themed super forms. 

The mark 4 (I think I'll bump it down to 3), was faintly lavender due to Luster sandblasting the coat off of herself, and switching to a gold mane/tail w/  a bronze/silver streak. Though maybe she'll take to custom paint jobs as a form of self expression, changing it daily and keepign herself styled and polished like a sports car. 

We can open up some spots for mane 7 cast members. Don't' really know anyone, unless we want Em to join in some capacity? 

And yeah, while they don't exist, the zords themselves aren't very human like either other than they stand on two legs. Remember, the ponies don't know what a human is, so in that context we don't have anything to worry about. They'll just think it's a giant metal Minotaur/ diamond dog. Plus, having a bipedal fighting machine is more advantageous than one grounded on all fours. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I can see the mane 7 essentially pulling a suited for succsess w/ Lektra. Trying to throw in their input, but making things worse. Twi especially, believing she knows best how to save the world. She may not be beyond asking for help, but she might be too proud to look past her friends. 

It'd be a funny reveal. Twi learning that Equestria's mysterious saviors are inside her own castle.  And when she does find out, that's when all the trouble starts for Leks and the rangers. Though perhaps they'll all pull through and help give the rangers EoH themed super forms. 

The mark 4 (I think I'll bump it down to 3), was faintly lavender due to Luster sandblasting the coat off of herself, and switching to a gold mane/tail w/  a bronze/silver streak. Though maybe she'll take to custom paint jobs as a form of self expression, changing it daily and keepign herself styled and polished like a sports car. 

We can open up some spots for mane 7 cast members. Don't' really know anyone, unless we want Em to join in some capacity? 

And yeah, while they don't exist, the zords themselves aren't very human like either other than they stand on two legs. Remember, the ponies don't know what a human is, so in that context we don't have anything to worry about. They'll just think it's a giant metal Minotaur/ diamond dog. Plus, having a bipedal fighting machine is more advantageous than one grounded on all fours. 

Yea this will be fun :)

Please decide on a Zord and Ranger Weapon though. I'd like to do the player list and plot before it go to sleep

Edited by Lektra Bolt

6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea this will be fun :)

Please decide on a Zord and Ranger Weapon though. I'd like to do the player list and plot before it go to sleep

Again we need a theme. What are we combining? Cars? Cats? Dinosaurs? Other horses? Beasts of Equestria? What? 

Also, since she's an android, she could get away w/ magnetized hooves, and use this: 

Related image

56 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Again we need a theme. What are we combining? Cars? Cats? Dinosaurs? Other horses? Beasts of Equestria? What? 

Also, since she's an android, she could get away w/ magnetized hooves, and use this: 

Related image

Beasts of Equestria definitely. We have White using a dragon Zord.

Wait is that a transforming weapon? What is it even? Please explain. Red gets a bit of leeway on weapons, traditionally. 

You don't need to be weird about how you hold things. This origin is a bit different since we don't have future humans involved in this. Luster would be built as primarily Magitek, has emotions, and can learn magic if she so chooses. So telekinesis is encouraged 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Beasts of Equestria definitely. We have White using a dragon Zord.

Wait is that a transforming weapon? What is it even? Please explain. Red gets a bit of leeway on weapons, traditionally. 

You don't need to be weird about how you hold things. This origin is a bit different since we don't have future humans involved in this. Luster would be built as primarily Magitek, has emotions, and can learn magic if she so chooses. So telekinesis is encouraged 

It's a 50 Cal. Shotgun that transforms into a scythe, that can also operate as a shotgun.

I guess i'd want a timberwolf or manticore Zord. 

Also, I did have another idea.

Spoiler

Have luster be the first boss. Pretened to attack a bolt solutions lab and test the Rangers skill.

Edited by Denim&Venom

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

It's a 50 Cal. Shotgun that transforms into a scythe, that can also operate as a shotgun.

I guess i'd want a timberwolf or manticore Zord. 

Also, I did have another idea.

Hide contents

Have luster be the first boss. Pretened to attack a bolt solutions lab and test the Rangers skill.

You are approved with that weapon, but the downside is you will not get a weapon upgrade when the others get weapon upgrades to add a second mode to theirs. Make sure you are happy with this kind of weapon, because you are only going to get a bit of a speed/damage boost, but not another mode. Have to be fair.

I'm ok with that kind of start. You don't start with the others and reveal yourself this way, then are accepted by the morphing grid. The company labs are in Manhattan. I guess she had been traveling and forgot she had access already, needing a part or repairs?

I have had no time the past couple days. Signups for Rangers and canon characters are open, as well as reserves for supporting bad guys.

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt hey bolt, I just changed my mind so my OC since he a villian I was thinking having to be more alien-ish monstrous look since PR's villain  is well-known for that. but has the similar  body of a pony. I will sent you a sketch later just to give you some idea. 

36 minutes ago, TBD said:

@Lektra Bolt hey bolt, I just changed my mind so my OC since he a villian I was thinking having to be more alien-ish monstrous look since PR's villain  is well-known for that. but has the similar  body of a pony. I will sent you a sketch later just to give you some idea. 

Hold on please and wait for Rand to decide the theme so you can fit in with that

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Hold on please and wait for Rand to decide the theme so you can fit in with that

got it;)

• Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt

Yeah, maybe that's too awesome for a starting weapon. Perhaps something like this: 

Related image

Essentially a super heated Dane ax. 

And rather than needing the repairs bit, have Luster and Leks see evidence of the threat coming, pick the best candidates , completely throw that list out the window and select 6 random schmucks, and then have them be tested w/ the attack on bolt solutions. 

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt

Yeah, maybe that's too awesome for a starting weapon. Perhaps something like this: 

Related image

Essentially a super heated Dane ax. 

And rather than needing the repairs bit, have Luster and Leks see evidence of the threat coming, pick the best candidates , completely throw that list out the window and select 6 random schmucks, and then have them be tested w/ the attack on bolt solutions. 

What is a Dane Axe and why does it need to be super heated? Sorry I'm not familiar with that, but I did say a scythe gun was fine, just that was all you were ever going to get

You're full of great ideas for the plot today

Edited by Lektra Bolt

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

What is a Dane Axe and why does it need to be super heated? Sorry I'm not familiar with that, but I did say a scythe gun was fine, just that was all you were ever going to get

You're full of great ideas for the plot today

These are dane axes. 

Related image

they were used by vikings, hence the term Dane, as in the Danish of Norway-Denmark.  Why is it super heated? To do this:

Image result for heat hawk gif

And perhaps save the gun scythe for her super form. be awkward if her weapon didn't change with the others. Unless it was further modified, like turned into a beam scythe. 

And thank you. 

12 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

These are dane axes. 

Related image

they were used by vikings, hence the term Dane, as in the Danish of Norway-Denmark.  Why is it super heated? To do this:

Image result for heat hawk gif

And perhaps save the gun scythe for her super form. be awkward if her weapon didn't change with the others. Unless it was further modified, like turned into a beam scythe. 

And thank you. 

Ah I see. Danish style.

It wouldn't be too awkward really. Red often gets the most upgrades in other ways, and if you have a two form weapon but get an extra mode nobody else has when they get two form weapons, do you really care you didn't get a weapon upgrade? See all the extra transformations Red has gotten in the various series.

Earning the Super form gives upgrades to existing weapons, making everyone have two form weapons permanently. I'm thinking that's how the form is activated, by commanding the weapons to change to the alternate form. You would be able to switch it back during the fight without losing your Super form.

But up to you. Everyone's weapons will be a bit beam based, because magically enchanted. A self heating Axe isn't really a big deal. Are you sure you don't want the scythe/shotgun?

5 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Ah I see. Danish style.

It wouldn't be too awkward really. Red often gets the most upgrades in other ways, and if you have a two form weapon but get an extra mode nobody else has when they get two form weapons, do you really care you didn't get a weapon upgrade? See all the extra transformations Red has gotten in the various series.

Earning the Super form gives upgrades to existing weapons, making everyone have two form weapons permanently. I'm thinking that's how the form is activated, by commanding the weapons to change to the alternate form. You would be able to switch it back during the fight without losing your Super form.

But up to you. Everyone's weapons will be a bit beam based, because magically enchanted. A self heating Axe isn't really a big deal. Are you sure you don't want the scythe/shotgun?

Well when you put it that way, I guess I can keep option 1. 

That way I can do stuff like this:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well when you put it that way, I guess I can keep option 1. 

That way I can do stuff like this:

Well except you would be fighting with a team and not beating every single enemy, but you can probably do that while being a team player. Just explain to me, if she's cutting everything to death what's the bullets used for? She changed clips in the end there and still all I saw was slashing, but the clip was used up? She only actually shot like five times the whole fight, so where are the bullets going that they're being used up?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Well except you would be fighting with a team and not beating every single enemy, but you can probably do that while being a team player. Just explain to me, if she's cutting everything to death what's the bullets used for? She changed clips in the end there and still all I saw was slashing, but the clip was used up?

Bullets can blast stuff to pieces, but as you also saw, she used the explosive recoil to propel her slashes. 

And I'd suggest watching the show I posted to highlight how she would fight in a team. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I will need to take a look at this Denim, but I trust you know how to not overpower that weapon. How much have we talked and RPed together? A lot. No worries from me.

Ok I have added a player list.

Characters with unfinished info or reserves have 2 days (48 hours) from this post to finish and put up a profile. Please either submit a profile link or make a character inside the thread using the same fields as the site uses for Everfree Empire Characters. If you have any questions, I'm here to help and don't be shy. @Corvino@Star48955

Those who are on the list please confirm I have listed your information correctly @Drago Ryder@Denim&Venom@Randimaxis@TBD

We have 3 Male Ranger slots open as well as canons available, and I will be working on the full opening plot as well. Invite your friends! We have a lot of ideas and would hate to see this fail for lack of players :(

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I will need to take a look at this Denim, but I trust you know how to not overpower that weapon. How much have we talked and RPed together? A lot. No worries from me.

Ok I have added a player list.

Characters with unfinished info or reserves have 2 days (48 hours) from this post to finish and put up a profile. Please either submit a profile link or make a character inside the thread using the same fields as the site uses for Everfree Empire Characters. If you have any questions, I'm here to help and don't be shy. @Corvino@Star48955

Those who are on the list please confirm I have listed your information correctly @Drago Ryder@Denim&Venom@Randimaxis@TBD

We have 3 Male Ranger slots open as well as canons available, and I will be working on the full opening plot as well. Invite your friends! We have a lot of ideas and would hate to see this fail for lack of players :(

Since MLP is mostly a female driven universe, perhaps we should invert the gender quota for rangers, and let it be like 5 female, 3 male, since most on here probably have female OCs. I could have a few candidates for a blue ranger, as well as an idea for a potential mid-boss, depending on Rand's ideas.  

Also I tried talking to Emerald about joining. He wasn't interested. 

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Since MLP is mostly a female driven universe, perhaps we should invert the gender quota for rangers, and let it be like 5 female, 3 male, since most on here probably have female OCs. I could have a few candidates for a blue ranger, as well as an idea for a potential mid-boss, depending on Rand's ideas.  

Also I tried talking to Emerald about joining. He wasn't interested. 

It's actually already inverted with Red being Luster. You want it to be more inverted and don't think it will be a problem? It's 3 female, 4 male to start for a total of 7. Lektra makes it even later for an even 8.

Kinda disheartening about Emerald, like I'm not a good GM. I know he doesn't mean that, but why do I feel like like it? He just doesn't like the crossover material right? Did you ask if he wanted to be any canon characters?

Actually could I see a profile for Luster for this RP? Since we're not using the Mech history verbatim.

6 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

It's actually already inverted with Red being Luster. You want it to be more inverted and don't think it will be a problem? It's 3 female, 4 male to start for a total of 7. Lektra makes it even later for an even 8.

Kinda disheartening about Emerald, like I'm not a good GM. I know he doesn't mean that, but why do I feel like like it? He just doesn't like the crossover material right? Did you ask if he wanted to be any canon characters?

Actually could I see a profile for Luster for this RP? Since we're not using the Mech history verbatim.

Just that the typical 6 model unit is 4 male, 2 female. Only once did I see the female side get boosted to 3, and even those were one offs.  I'm only saying that given what we've seen in the show, the male/female dichotomy is different than in a human setting. Personally I would've said accept whomever, regardless of sex, but I can see why the rangers would want some measure of inclusiveness in their ranks. 5/3 or 4/3 split would actually be a better balance than what the show typically does. 

Didn't ask about the cannon characters part, but yeah, he's not a fan of the source material. Might be a bit too campy or action focused for him. You can try talking to him if you like?

Pretty sure i made this profile for that one battle dome RP or something.