Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

(edited)
1 hour ago, TBD said:

Hmm. okay how about we would have them be similar to the changeling minion where they can shift shape and make copy? and have these weapon without the power but still effective for attack. 

Oh okay I wil massage @Randimaxis I try to mention him but I guess he didn't get it. I sure dont want to be the big bad, to much work and responsibility haha. 

Okay i massage him

I guess that works. Like the time Mystique turned into Wolverine in the XMen cartoon and tried to slash against him, and the claws broke cause it was fake. She doesn't copy powers. So they would just be blunt weapons I guess, if it copies weapons at all. But do you know the ramifications of such a power? A minion could go and pretend to be a Ranger and cause mistrust. Like I said this is more of a midboss power

Edited by Lektra Bolt

16 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I guess that works. Like the time Mystique turned into Wolverine in the XMen cartoon and tried to slash against him, and the claws broke cause it was fake. She doesn't copy powers. So they would just be blunt weapons I guess, if it copies weapons at all. But do you know the ramifications of such a power? A minion could go and pretend to be a Ranger and cause mistrust. Like I said this is more of a midboss power

Well I have come up with that solutions as well. I remember one episode of Gokieger a midboss can replicate the ranger (power and all), so to avoid the "repeat" or copyright i adjusted that. So the doppelganger can shift shape but they cannot replicate the rangers due to it limited power. The rangers itself has a special power which disallowed to copy them.  The actual myth stories, doppelganger are well..pretty limited. in order for them to duplicate they must touch. So that how i come up with this idea, due to the Power ranger special effect and it uniqueness, it cannot afford to copy it. especially when they are one of  weak mythical creature.

so i made more limitation for them by they replicate  but only if they are their own, weapons and all.  Since this is Power Ranger minions, which they're often very simple, I decided  to  remove the part where they can shift shape since i want to make them more simple. and it will cause more havoc since they can change into one of the civilization which we do not want. 

sorry if i keep adjusting but hey appreciated the proof checking on the minions

Unless you want to keep the shift shaped part?

12 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I'm sure Rand appreciates this suggestion

he hasn't got back to me yet, do you know if he still participating the roleplay? 

Well while Rand is off pouring his heart and soul into his villainous concept, here's another idea I just got. 

We go the Star Wars route. Not Rebel vs. Empire, but closer to Jedi vs. Sith. A clash of philosophies in the lightside and the dark. Or in this case, the magics of harmony and friendship, against their opposites, and those who wish to instill their values. 

Perhaps our enemy is someone who's see's strength in standing alone. That relying on others is a violation of the natural order. The weak die off and the strong are made stronger. And that instead of power through cooperation, power is forged through the fires of conflict. 

Or perhaps it could be an extreme version of what Discord was trying to accomplish. The war against order and authority. Breaking down a fragile social order. Essentially the Joker on a larger scale. 

Or like I've theorized. People see Harmony as diametric opposite, an extreme end opposed to chaos. But harmony can be boiled down to mean one thing. Balance. The moderation of all things. Not the opposite of one thing. Besides, what do people think of when asked the opposite of chaos? 

Order. Rigid, unchanging, stagnant.  So we have an enemy that want's to make the world run like clockwork. Black and white, on the mark, undeviating vision of the universe, stripping all of individuality and uniqueness.  Perhaps a borg like adversary, though w/ more corporate and fascist undertones. 

Or it can even be someone that the magic of friendship has failed. Someone that couldn't be saved, and thus turns the feelings of isolation, betrayal and loneliness into a strength, using it to fuel their dark magic as part of a grander plan, like how the sith feed off of their own anger and torment. 

Just because power rangers has one dimensional characters of villains doesn't mean we have to. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Or like I've theorized. People see Harmony as diametric opposite, an extreme end opposed to chaos. But harmony can be boiled down to mean one thing. Balance. The moderation of all things. Not the opposite of one thing. Besides, what do people think of when asked the opposite of chaos? 

Order. Rigid, unchanging, stagnant.  So we have an enemy that want's to make the world run like clockwork. Black and white, on the mark, undeviating vision of the universe, stripping all of individuality and uniqueness.  Perhaps a borg like adversary, though w/ more corporate and fascist undertones. 

Or it can even be someone that the magic of friendship has failed. Someone that couldn't be saved, and thus turns the feelings of isolation, betrayal and loneliness into a strength, using it to fuel their dark magic as part of a grander plan, like how the sith feed off of their own anger and torment. 

I like these three ideas and where this is heading! Sound like we going to have either a mass of chaos come raining down or a army of imperialism to enforce laws.

52 minutes ago, TBD said:

I like these three ideas and where this is heading! Sound like we going to have either a mass of chaos come raining down or a army of imperialism to enforce laws.

Image result for why not both

• Brohoof 2

while waiting on @Randimaxis and his big boss, I would just write down some basic facts about my OC to give Rand some idea and others as well.

Name: Ivory Gust

Species: Longma https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/howrse/images/e/ea/Longma.png/revision/latest?cb=20141024034818 Mythical beast from china mythology

Origin name: Ivory because his horns, outer layer of his wings and hooves are made out of Ivory and Gust as in gust of wind because he technically "control or owns the wind", due to being a strong flyer.  

Weapons:  his wings  are made useage as a weapon. So the outer layer of his wings is made out Ivory, so he used as a shield and for attacking his enemies (sharpen tips and edges) Since he is such a strong flyer his wing can produce strong gust of wind and strong enough to cut though thing. (rumor is that he was never gifted with such power but was given that why he have a stone stuck onto his chest) which is his weak spot which will be explained later.

Ability: great in a melee battle and product massive wind with his wings like a projectile.

facts: He is one of the big bad loyal servant along with the others who are considered "strong enough" to serve as a high level. (which me and Rand will have figure out together) But Ivory is one of the lowest in strength compare to them. He only serve as advisor or backup fighter.  but he will insist on fighting or leading a battle when needed.

as example  

those three serve the leader and they aren't the one who will die on the same episode they appeared in.  so if you guys liked the idea to have more (2-3) than one loyal servant let me know! But I liked this idea because its give ranks and classes to see who is more worthy and strong enough to serve the big boss.

Class: B enemy threat

Strength: 8/10

Speed: 7/10

Intelligent: 8/10

power: 7.5/10

combat: 8/10

Personality: He is observant and don't act out of irrationality, he has a bit  of 'sociopathic" side to him, but he all round rational. He put his mission before anything but he rather do it his ways. Which can be questionable to his peers.

that what I come up so far there anything other suggestion i'm open.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Acnologia said:

Are there any slots still open for this?

Yes what Denim said. The reserves on the first page have expired also. I even gave extra time to @Corvinoand @Star48955. They will have to reapply their reservations.

We want to start with 7 Rangers, 4 and 3 whichever way it turns out. 2 females are set already

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Yes what Denim said. The reserves on the first page have expired also. I even gave extra time to @Corvinoand @Star48955. They will have to reapply their reservations.

We're want to start with 7 Rangers, 4 and 3 whichever way it turns out. 2 females are set already

....Sorry. I don't think I will reapply. I'm really sorry for not deciding sooner, and then telling you. But I just wasn't able to devote myself enough to creating a whole new OC background from scratch.

I'm sorry, and I hope that I didn't inconvenience you.

@Lektra Bolt

I think we may wanna start this RP soon, or else we'll be at risk for players loosing patience and dropping out before things have even begun. 

We have enough for a Ninja Storm or Dino Thunder style start, and we can add players along the way. Heck, it could be a plot point. That Leks doesn't think we have enough rangers to properly defend the planet and that the forces of evil will be fought half cocked. 

And yes, Rand hasn't really participated in the discussion. But lets make sure there's still an RP for him to actually contribute to. 

So, with all that in mind, I propose that those we do have start their introductory posts and we start getting a feel for our pony's civilian lives. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Star48955 said:

....Sorry. I don't think I will reapply. I'm really sorry for not deciding sooner, and then telling you. But I just wasn't able to devote myself enough to creating a whole new OC background from scratch.

I'm sorry, and I hope that I didn't inconvenience you.

Why not use one of your existing characters though, like Drago, Denim, and myself are doing? None fit? Okay I understand, thank you for your interest, maybe we'll RP together some other time :)

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt

I think we may wanna start this RP soon, or else we'll be at risk for players loosing patience and dropping out before things have even begun. 

We have enough for a Ninja Storm or Dino Thunder style start, and we can add players along the way. Heck, it could be a plot point. That Leks doesn't think we have enough rangers to properly defend the planet and that the forces of evil will be fought half cocked. 

And yes, Rand hasn't really participated in the discussion. But lets make sure there's still an RP for him to actually contribute to. 

So, with all that in mind, I propose that those we do have start their introductory posts and we start getting a feel for our pony's civilian lives. 

I'll write the introduction tonight and run it by you all, but we really can't start without knowing what kind of theme Rand will be doing for the big bad. I'm worried he's lost interest 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Why not use one of your existing characters though, like Drago, Denim, and myself are doing? None fit? Okay I understand, thank you for your interest, maybe we'll RP together some other time :)

I'll write the introduction tonight and run it by you all, but we really can't start without knowing what kind of theme Rand will be doing for the big bad. I'm worried he's lost interest 

I don't think it's that. I mean, this is the same guy who was up for doing Mechquestria after a year (which I'm still waiting on everyone else for). Rumor has it that he's got a lot of stuff on his plate IRL right now. 

We don't need to see the big bad. After all, wasn't I gonna be the first villain our rangers fought? 

Also remember that Luster is with Lektra, so maybe keep her in mind for the intro post too. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I don't think it's that. I mean, this is the same guy who was up for doing Mechquestria after a year (which I'm still waiting on everyone else for). Rumor has it that he's got a lot of stuff on his plate IRL right now. 

We don't need to see the big bad. After all, wasn't I gonna be the first villain our rangers fought? 

We could make the big bad "unknown" for now till Rand come back.  I can come up a villian now (since I already got the minion down), for the first episode and he/she are send to destroy the ranger by his/her boss. who is "unknown" for now. so it would be one of this timid and suspense moment and when we can finally reveled the big boss..*dramatic music plays* 

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

We could make the big bad "unknown" for now till Rand come back.  I can come up a villian now (since I already got the minion down), for the first episode and he/she are send to destroy the ranger by his/her boss. who is "unknown" for now. so it would be one of this timid and suspense moment and when we can finally reveled the big boss..*dramatic music plays* 

We could do that. Have your villain be an emissary, potentially clashing w/ my villain. 

17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

We could do that. Have your villain be an emissary, potentially clashing w/ my villain. 

well I already created a minion idea and my main OC above the comment. (feel free to read about them if you haven't) but what is your villian like? so I would get the idea so I can come up with another one for the first episode to be killed off.

1 minute ago, TBD said:

well I already created a minion idea and my main OC above the comment. (feel free to read about them if you haven't) but what is your villian like? so I would get the idea so I can come up with another one for the first episode to be killed off.

Actually my villain is supposed to be a bit of a surprise. But they will be attacking and seizing a Bolt Solutions plant. They'll be serving as the litinus test for the ranger squad. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Actually my villain is supposed to be a bit of a surprise. But they will be attacking and seizing a Bolt Solutions plant. They'll be serving as the litinus test for the ranger squad. 

hmmm i suppose then we could use your's then and the doppleganger (minion i created) can be an assistant for him as a minion? 

Just now, TBD said:

hmmm i suppose then we could use your's then and the doppleganger (minion i created) can be an assistant for him as a minion? 

Nah. This one will be opperatign seperatley from everyone else, and will most likely be a one off. 

Like they're the bad guy, but everyone else comparatively is a worse guy. 

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Nah. This one will be opperatign seperatley from everyone else, and will most likely be a one off. 

Like they're the bad guy, but everyone else comparatively is a worse guy. 

so your oc is sorta like the boss that will lasted longer and will serve loyalty to the big boss, like my OC Ivory Gust.?  and "they?" you have more than one OC bad guys? I what your OC villian like? would like to hear more about them xp.

do you want yours to appear on the first episode or would like to created another miniboss to be kill off on the first ep? since Rand is not here at the moment we dont want to bring any of the big gun bad guys yet. 

10 minutes ago, TBD said:

so your oc is sorta like the boss that will lasted longer and will serve loyalty to the big boss, like my OC Ivory Gust.?  and "they?" you have more than one OC bad guys? I what your OC villian like? would like to hear more about them xp.

do you want yours to appear on the first episode or would like to created another miniboss to be kill off on the first ep? since Rand is not here at the moment we dont want to bring any of the big gun bad guys yet. 

They, in question, are yours and Rand's villains. Think of it this way. 

My villain is like the local crime boss or gang leader knocking off a bank. The boss thinks they're so bad and they're so dangerous, until the real villain shows up and the stakes are raised. Yeah, my OC will appear in the first episode so to speak. But again, I don't want to reveal too much, as that may effect how everypony plays. 

• Brohoof 1