Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Hunters of the Damned

Gabriel

The sun was shining from a spotless sky, making the conditions in the city of Manehattan almost unbearable to withstand. Junk was slowly being swallowed by the melting asphalt as the heat distorted the buildings visible in the horizon. Everypony who wanted to survive this odd day had already ditched whatever was that they were doing and crawled as far from the sunlight as possible. The resulting ambience was eerie to say the least, power lines were slowly whipping in the whistling wind and the ever rusting skyscrapers whining as their supports eroded. Not a single living soul to be seen or heard in the once massive metropolis.That was, until the trademark sound of a Sparkle-Cola being uncorked was heard in the otherwise dead silent streets, followed by the sounds of the cap hitting metal floor and rolling for a good while before the silence returned.

"Dang." The honey colored unicorn mare cursed halfheartedly, taking a long gulp of the sparkling beverage before setting the bottle on a rusty iron table with a myriad of devices and tools laid haphazardly on it. She crouched, pushing her head under the table in search of the cap. "Now..." She started, frustration growing in her otherwise soft voice as she swiped the floor with her front hooves. "...I know yer here somewhere! Could buy another Sparkle with you once I...!" She shouted angrily, almost sounding like a mother lecturing a filly. This lasted for its own while before she finally slowed down, took a deep breath and rose up to face the topside of the table once more. "Fine, whatever." She blew some of her hazel mane away from her face before setting her tired amber eyes on the jumble of electronics in front of her.

She had been on this project days on end without rest or sleep. Not like she could have slept if she wanted to, not while those damned beasts infected her mind with nightmarish thoughts. Yes, the mutant monsters. The radiation oozing, I.M.P dipped ponies that went by the name of alicorns. She frowned, her brows furrowing in a mix of disgust and anger. They were never good news for anyone but the recent and unprovoked attack made it more than just a little personal for her. Five sunrises ago she had been traveling with her friends in a trading caravan, making a livable profit all the while just generally surviving better than most, but what was left of that now? She was alone, saved simply by playing dead. It all made her feel worthless, pathetic even.

This was enough, she had thought. It had to end somewhere, somehow, before there was nothing left but them. She was only one pony and as such she was utterly powerless against these beings of unhinged power. She was not alone though, she was sure she had a squad of elite soldiers just standing by somewhere! Not quite sure where though, but that was the reason for her project anyways. "L.R.R.T." or "Long Range Radio Transmitter" as she called it, had been been ready and in use for the better part of three days now. The fact that she was still alone didn't discourage her at all. In fact it only made her more eager to figure out how to boost the range of the signal of her SOS recording.

As she was working on the small antenna device there was a loud thump downstairs, metallic in nature. This made her drop some circuits on the floor as she jumped in shock, twisting her head to face the direction of the sound. The unicorn mare was located on the roof of an old apartment building and the sound came right from the stairs leading there. She froze in terror, reconsidering whether this was actually a good idea or not as anyone could have picked up the signal. Something she had not thought of before. Besides, she was completely unarmed.

The metallic thumps got louder and closer, accompanied by some sort of hydraulic whirring. The poor unicorn curled under her table, not even bothering to pick up the Sparkle-Cola cap that was now in her sight once more. The steps began pacing faster and faster until they were at a full trot. The door was smashed open, sending splinters and pieces of wood everywhere. With a fit of maniacal, radio distorted laughter the figure rushed into her view. Her pupils turned into pinpricks as she saw what was now proudly standing at the door, a tall earth pony, clad in a heavy set of power armor she had never encountered before, visors forming angry eyes, a spinning minigun on his left side and a grenade chaingun that barely fit from the doorway on his right. Better yet, he was looking straight at her.

-JUNKER'S P.O.V-

Junker walked through the wasteland washed city of Manehattan, silently humming a song as he spun his minigun to the rhythm. Some dumber than usual fool had set up a beacon calling for help, no crypting, no nothing. The power armor clad stallion was almost positive that it was a trap, but even better so; traps meant double the loot and at least triple the fun. The heat was getting to him though, his jumpsuit already glued against his fur due to sweating. His breath was getting heavier and heavier by the hour but he was too close to the destination to call it quits now.

It took him another thirty or so minutes to reach the apartment building. Place was a total wreck but so was everything else in this corner of the world so he paid this detail very little mind, instead simply walking inside head first from the main doorway. He took a proud stance, puffing his chest as he stood at the entrance, scanning that of the first floor which was visible, nothing. This only peaked the stallions curiosity as he stepped forward, his armored hoof creating a metallic thump against the floor of similar build material. As he did this, a noise was heard upstairs, presumably from the roof as it emanated from a few floors above him. Junker grinned under his helmet, giving his minigun a spin before taking the stairs leading up.

He checked each floor, fastening his pace after each one, eventually trotting at full speed. When he was at the maintenance stairs leading to the roof he burst into full on laughter, this was the only place they could be and there was no places to hide or run. The earth pony crashed through the door, his guns ready to be fired in a split second as he gave the rooftop a swift scan. What he saw really disappointed him; a simple beacon, accompanied by a pony hiding under a table like a rat and of course no valuables to be seen. He lowered his guard, his minigun slowing down and eventually locking in place with a satisfying click.The armored earth pony stared at the fear stricken mare for a good minute before he broke the silence with his radio distorted voice. "What's up?" Was all he got out for this specific situation that was slowly but surely turning pretty awkward.

It was followed by even more silence before the mare under the table finally moved, extending her hoof to grab what seemed to be a bottle cap before making her way from under the table. She cautiously walked a few steps forward towards the armored pony, uncertainty extremely apparent on her face. “Umm…the sky?” She answered nervously, neither knowing whether it was meant as a joke or not.

Junker snorted. “Guess that’s about right.” He was now completely relaxed, not seeing the pony in front of him as any sort of danger. The air between them, however, remained as tense as ever.

“My uh…my name’s Dewdrops and…yeah, I built that thing you’re seeing behind me.” She said, slowly getting more confident. “You are not here to rob me are ya?”

“Well I was in fact.”

“…”

“You didn’t have anything to steal so chill.”

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/170302-the-hunters-of-the-damned-ooc/
Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 2

On 9/26/2017 at 9:51 AM, Corvino said:

The sun was shining from a spotless sky, making the conditions in the city of Manehattan almost unbearable to withstand. Junk was slowly being swallowed by the melting asphalt as the heat distorted the buildings visible in the horizon. Everypony who wanted to survive this odd day had already ditched whatever was that they were doing and crawled as far from the sunlight as possible. The resulting ambience was eerie to say the least, power lines were slowly whipping in the whistling wind and the ever rusting skyscrapers whining as their supports eroded. Not a single living soul to be seen or heard in the once massive metropolis.That was, until the trademark sound of a Sparkle-Cola being uncorked was heard in the otherwise dead silent streets, followed by the sounds of the cap hitting metal floor and rolling for a good while before the silence returned.

"Dang." The honey colored unicorn mare cursed halfheartedly, taking a long gulp of the sparkling beverage before setting the bottle on a rusty iron table with a myriad of devices and tools laid haphazardly on it. She crouched, pushing her head under the table in search of the cap. "Now..." She started, frustration growing in her otherwise soft voice as she swiped the floor with her front hooves. "...I know yer here somewhere! Could buy another Sparkle with you once I...!" She shouted angrily, almost sounding like a mother lecturing a filly. This lasted for its own while before she finally slowed down, took a deep breath and rose up to face the topside of the table once more. "Fine, whatever." She blew some of her hazel mane away from her face before setting her tired amber eyes on the jumble of electronics in front of her.

She had been on this project days on end without rest or sleep. Not like she could have slept if she wanted to, not while those damned beasts infected her mind with nightmarish thoughts. Yes, the mutant monsters. The radiation oozing, I.M.P dipped ponies that went by the name of alicorns. She frowned, her brows furrowing in a mix of disgust and anger. They were never good news for anyone but the recent and unprovoked attack made it more than just a little personal for her. Five sunrises ago she had been traveling with her friends in a trading caravan, making a livable profit all the while just generally surviving better than most, but what was left of that now? She was alone, saved simply by playing dead. It all made her feel worthless, pathetic even.

This was enough, she had thought. It had to end somewhere, somehow, before there was nothing left but them. She was only one pony and as such she was utterly powerless against these beings of unhinged power. She was not alone though, she was sure she had a squad of elite soldiers just standing by somewhere! Not quite sure where though, but that was the reason for her project anyways. "L.R.R.T." or "Long Range Radio Transmitter" as she called it, had been been ready and in use for the better part of three days now. The fact that she was still alone didn't discourage her at all. In fact it only made her more eager to figure out how to boost the range of the signal of her SOS recording.

As she was working on the small antenna device there was a loud thump downstairs, metallic in nature. This made her drop some circuits on the floor as she jumped in shock, twisting her head to face the direction of the sound. The unicorn mare was located on the roof of an old apartment building and the sound came right from the stairs leading there. She froze in terror, reconsidering whether this was actually a good idea or not as anyone could have picked up the signal. Something she had not thought of before. Besides, she was completely unarmed.

The metallic thumps got louder and closer, accompanied by some sort of hydraulic whirring. The poor unicorn curled under her table, not even bothering to pick up the Sparkle-Cola cap that was now in her sight once more. The steps began pacing faster and faster until they were at a full trot. The door was smashed open, sending splinters and pieces of wood everywhere. With a fit of maniacal, radio distorted laughter the figure rushed into her view. Her pupils turned into pinpricks as she saw what was now proudly standing at the door, a tall earth pony, clad in a heavy set of power armor she had never encountered before, visors forming angry eyes, a spinning minigun on his left side and a grenade chaingun that barely fit from the doorway on his right. Better yet, he was looking straight at her.

-JUNKER'S P.O.V-

Junker walked through the wasteland washed city of Manehattan, silently humming a song as he spun his minigun to the rhythm. Some dumber than usual fool had set up a beacon calling for help, no crypting, no nothing. The power armor clad stallion was almost positive that it was a trap, but even better so; traps meant double the loot and at least triple the fun. The heat was getting to him though, his jumpsuit already glued against his fur due to sweating. His breath was getting heavier and heavier by the hour but he was too close to the destination to call it quits now.

It took him another thirty or so minutes to reach the apartment building. Place was a total wreck but so was everything else in this corner of the world so he paid this detail very little mind, instead simply walking inside head first from the main doorway. He took a proud stance, puffing his chest as he stood at the entrance, scanning that of the first floor which was visible, nothing. This only peaked the stallions curiosity as he stepped forward, his armored hoof creating a metallic thump against the floor of similar build material. As he did this, a noise was heard upstairs, presumably from the roof as it emanated from a few floors above him. Junker grinned under his helmet, giving his minigun a spin before taking the stairs leading up.

He checked each floor, fastening his pace after each one, eventually trotting at full speed. When he was at the maintenance stairs leading to the roof he burst into full on laughter, this was the only place they could be and there was no places to hide or run. The earth pony crashed through the door, his guns ready to be fired in a split second as he gave the rooftop a swift scan. What he saw really disappointed him; a simple beacon, accompanied by a pony hiding under a table like a rat and of course no valuables to be seen. He lowered his guard, his minigun slowing down and eventually locking in place with a satisfying click.The armored earth pony stared at the fear stricken mare for a good minute before he broke the silence with his radio distorted voice. "What's up?" Was all he got out for this specific situation that was slowly but surely turning pretty awkward.

It was followed by even more silence before the mare under the table finally moved, extending her hoof to grab what seemed to be a bottle cap before making her way from under the table. She cautiously walked a few steps forward towards the armored pony, uncertainty extremely apparent on her face. “Umm…the sky?” She answered nervously, neither knowing whether it was meant as a joke or not.

Junker snorted. “Guess that’s about right.” He was now completely relaxed, not seeing the pony in front of him as any sort of danger. The air between them, however, remained as tense as ever.

“My uh…my name’s Dewdrops and…yeah, I built that thing you’re seeing behind me.” She said, slowly getting more confident. “You are not here to rob me are ya?”

“Well I was in fact.”

“…”

“You didn’t have anything to steal so chill.”

Nighteye watched as the earth pony broke through the door from afar, he lifted his head away from the scope,

'minigun huh, and power armor, interesting,' he thought to himself as the wind slightly blew his cloak back,

'can't get a shot from here, better find out what's going on,' he sighed and moved his way to the broken door.

On the way he thought about what the radio he heard from earlier said, needed help killing alicorns. This was the perfect moment to find that damned unicorn that ruined his life...he sighed, he could barely even remember the location.

He stepped into the home and stared at the two, his rifle levitated in his amber colored magic, with any luck these two knew who he was and wouldn't try to kill him.

@Corvino @silvermoon15000

"I hate this damn weather" Staunch muttered to himself as he walked towards a distress signal he had been ordered to investigate, it was hot, and being inside ranger armor didn't exactly help to cool down, but orders were orders. He kept cursing the weather under his breath, not having anything else to talk about to himself, until he finally arrived close to a apartment building and the small receiver he had given to track the signal went crazy, "I guess that's it." He took out his 10mm submachine gun as he entered the building, proceeding to the roof after hearing sounds from there. When he reached the roof he saw the destroyed door and the three ponies that were there. Keeping his weapon up he asked "Did I interrupt something" 

Edited by The Cerberus
I fixed the wording a bit.

The Ruthless Lass rose on a swell, the coast of Equestria coming briefly into sight on the horizon, maybe a half league away. Virgil stood at the helm of his ship, listening to his first mate relaying the directions from their transmitter. Normally, they wouldn't bother following the signal. After all, every pirate out of Puerto Seguro knew better than to step a hoof on Equestrian soil. The first crew to do so nearly 200 years ago had been decimated, the only evidence of their plight being the transmitted message back to home. Since then, the news had quickly spread through the pirating community, making the message clear; if you valued your life and the lives of your crew, stay away from Equestria.

Despite the likely danger, Virgil couldn't just ignore a distress signal. Especially one that managed to be transmitted to a pirate transmitter on a private network. Even if he'd wanted to, his crew wouldn't have stood for it. Not that Virgil would ever dream of doing so, though he did put it up to a vote with unanimous agreement.

"Looks like the signal's coming from an old city called Manehatten," Syren, his first mate and tech guru, called. Virgil spared a glance over to the maroon unicorn stallion.

"How far off?" he asked, turning his attention back to the helm.

"At least 3 leagues," Syren answered.

@CorvinoShould I make a form for Syren? I haven't officially done it yet, but I feel like he's gonna come up alot through this rp and I dunno if you have a character limit

-JUNKER-

The verbal exchange between the two had been short lived, most likely ruined by the stallion's blunt response, now replaced by the all too familiar silence that was present beforehand. Only sounds were produced by the gentle breeze originating from the shore, accompanied by Dewdrop's awkward whistling and Junker's ragged breathing, he really had to fix those oxygen filterers before they fell apart for good. The staredown lasted for a few minutes, Dewdrops looking everywhere but Junker while the armored pony did the opposite, his dark visors directed straight at the unicorn.

Things got a new spin when he heard the signature sound of unicorn magic on his six. It could only really mean one thing; a pony had sneaked behind him completely unnoticed and they were levitating a gun, most likely loaded, the barrel probably scraping his neck by now. The stallion turned his helmeted head just enough to get the unknown equine into his view. His flank was not the most armored location on his set, and just in case the stranger had a mini nuke aimed right at it he kept the movements predictable and slow.

What he saw surprised him, genuinely. Not a raider, not a scavver, nor a soldier of any other petty faction, but rather someone he had heard quite a lot about, at least he matched the description. Yes, the Ghost himself, had to be, glowing eyes and all. When Junker used to be part of the raider gang there was a bedtime story for the overly adventurous fillies. It was about a vengeful unicorn, dressed in a trench coat, eyes glowing, heart turned to stone by alicorns. Would kill anyone for the right price and there was nothing to stop him.

Sure kept the fillies in the sleeping bags, that was certain, but Junker was not really impressed now that he had seen him in person. Still back turned towards the unicorn, his helmet only slightly looking over the shoulder as he spoke in his cold, radio distorted voice. "Thought someone like you would be taller." He chuckled, trying his best to hide the uncertainty whether he would live past these next few minutes or not.

-DEWDROP-

The honey hued unicorn's whistling slowly faded as he saw a black shape appearing behind the strange armored pony, doing a double take as she extended her neck to peek past the hunk of metal standing in front of her, before swiftly retracting with an audible "eep" as she realized that she was indeed held at gunpoint once more, really considering to just run past them all the way downstairs, out of the building and then exit the city altogether. Deciding against it, she was not shot yet so might as well finish the soup she herself stirred up.

The mare grabbed the half empty bottle of Sparkle-Cola she had opened earlier between her shaky hooves, trying her best not to spill the contents onto the floor as she took another gulp. With a nervous smile on her face the mare stared at the two stallions, just hoping that they would come into some sort of happy agreement and all would be rainbows and sunshine from that point onward. But then, out of the blue something made her drop the bottle onto the floor, glass clinking against concrete as the drink flooded out. There was a pair of red visors staring right at her from the stairway, approaching the group. Unsurprisingly a gun pointed at them. She was just about to faint before the figure approached enough to be revealed under the sunlight.

The sight wasn't that bad, really. Seeing a professional soldier for once made her feel a bit safer around this deadly bunch, an Applejack's Ranger too if the color fashion was of any indication. The Ranger's words broke the succumbed silence and Dewdrop wanted to be the first to respond, in a polite manner, not wanting Junker to try and pull anything on the newcomer. "Ohh, no no no! You didn't interrupt anything sir Ranger!" She took a couple of steps towards him, trying to push the gun pointed at them out of her mind. 

"Me and my friends were just discussing about the..." She paused awkwardly, taking a swift look around her to find more content for her fabricated story. "...the weather! That's all, never been this hot before." The mare rambled as she inched herself closer to the ranger, feeling a lot more comfortable right next to him rather than the mysterious stranger and the psycho in a tin can.

"So uhm...I take it you are here because of the signal?"

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Corvino said:

-JUNKER-

The verbal exchange between the two had been short lived, most likely ruined by the stallion's blunt response, now replaced by the all too familiar silence that was present beforehand. Only sounds were produced by the gentle breeze originating from the shore, accompanied by Dewdrop's awkward whistling and Junker's ragged breathing, he really had to fix those oxygen filterers before they fell apart for good. The staredown lasted for a few minutes, Dewdrops looking everywhere but Junker while the armored pony did the opposite, his dark visors directed straight at the unicorn.

Things got a new spin when he heard the signature sound of unicorn magic on his six. It could only really mean one thing; a pony had sneaked behind him completely unnoticed and they were levitating a gun, most likely loaded, the barrel probably scraping his neck by now. The stallion turned his helmeted head just enough to get the unknown equine into his view. His flank was not the most armored location on his set, and just in case the stranger had a mini nuke aimed right at it he kept the movements predictable and slow.

What he saw surprised him, genuinely. Not a raider, not a scavver, nor a soldier of any other petty faction, but rather someone he had heard quite a lot about, at least he matched the description. Yes, the Ghost himself, had to be, glowing eyes and all. When Junker used to be part of the raider gang there was a bedtime story for the overly adventurous fillies. It was about a vengeful unicorn, dressed in a trench coat, eyes glowing, heart turned to stone by alicorns. Would kill anyone for the right price and there was nothing to stop him.

Sure kept the fillies in the sleeping bags, that was certain, but Junker was not really impressed now that he had seen him in person. Still back turned towards the unicorn, his helmet only slightly looking over the shoulder as he spoke in his cold, radio distorted voice. "Thought someone like you would be taller." He chuckled, trying his best to hide the uncertainty whether he would live past these next few minutes or not.

-DEWDROP-

The honey hued unicorn's whistling slowly faded as he saw a black shape appearing behind the strange armored pony, doing a double take as she extended her neck to peek past the hunk of metal standing in front of her, before swiftly retracting with an audible "eep" as she realized that she was indeed held at gunpoint once more, really considering to just run past them all the way downstairs, out of the building and then exit the city altogether. Deciding against it, she was not shot yet so might as well finish the soup she herself stirred up.

The mare grabbed the half empty bottle of Sparkle-Cola she had opened earlier between her shaky hooves, trying her best not to spill the contents onto the floor as she took another gulp. With a nervous smile on her face the mare stared at the two stallions, just hoping that they would come into some sort of happy agreement and all would be rainbows and sunshine from that point onward. But then, out of the blue something made her drop the bottle onto the floor, glass clinking against concrete as the drink flooded out. There was a pair of red visors staring right at her from the stairway, approaching the group. Unsurprisingly a gun pointed at them. She was just about to faint before the figure approached enough to be revealed under the sunlight.

The sight wasn't that bad, really. Seeing a professional soldier for once made her feel a bit safer around this deadly bunch, an Applejack's Ranger too if the color fashion was of any indication. The Ranger's words broke the succumbed silence and Dewdrop wanted to be the first to respond, in a polite manner, not wanting Junker to try and pull anything on the newcomer. "Ohh, no no no! You didn't interrupt anything sir Ranger!" She took a couple of steps towards him, trying to push the gun pointed at them out of her mind. 

"Me and my friends were just discussing about the..." She paused awkwardly, taking a swift look around her to find more content for her fabricated story. "...the weather! That's all, never been this hot before." The mare rambled as she inched herself closer to the ranger, feeling a lot more comfortable right next to him rather than the mysterious stranger and the psycho in a tin can.

"So uhm...I take it you are here because of the signal?"

Nighteye nodded at the armored pony's comment and then nodded again at Dewdrop about the signal, he lowered his weapon as he felt a presence behind him, he glanced over his shoulder, a ranger. He hadn't gotten on their bad side so there shouldn't have been an issue. He stared coldly at the armored pony before stepping past him and looking at Dewdrop, he knew he would need his voice for this one so he sighed and opened his mouth. His voice was calm, cool, and smooth,

"How many alicorns are we dealing with here," he kept it strictly business when he did speak and hopefully she would give him the information he needed and he could disappear once more.

Staunch doubted the whole friends discussing weather thing, not only because of the mare's awkward pause, but also because her behavior in general. "Yes" he replied to the mare's question with surprisingly cold tone, turning his weapon a little so he wasn't pointing it directly at the others, and just when he was going to ask a confirmation that the mare was the one sending the signal, the other pony (Nighteye) cut him short. 

Staunch looked at the two ponies, scanning them through with his eyes, first the pony in the power armor that faintly reminded him of Steel Rangers, his guess was that he was a scavenger, because his armor was too rusty for him to be part of any decent group, and he couldn't be raider since the mare was still alive and well. Then the second pony, he fit the description of bounty hunter known as 'ghost', Staunch didn't think much of him, for him he was just another wastelander that knew how to kill and hide.

"Lower sails and drop anchor!" Virgil commanded, his crew rushing to do his bidding. They were around a mile out from shore, but there was no way he would risk bringing her in closer to shore. He and Syren would head to shore and look for the source of the transmission, leaving Joss, their head scout, in control of the crew. She'd take care of them.

Syren and Virgil headed over towards the landing boat, helping to lower it to the water below. A ladder was lowered and the two stallions climbed down into the boat, releasing it from the ties which held it to the ship. Virgil took to the paddles, his back to shore, trusting Syren and his tech to keep an eye out for any threats. The way remained clear, however, and they beached the boat safely. 

They scanned the shoreline around them, taking in the ruined docks rotting around them and the capsized boats from centuries past. It was eerie and quiet, setting the two friends on edge. Subconsciously, Virgil adjusted his cutlass scabbards, aching to draw them simply for the familiar weight and the safety they offered.

"C'mon, there's gotta be a path up to the city," Virgil said, heading off in search of it. Syren followed, his eyes constantly roving behind his goggles, tracking the transmission and searching for hidden dangers.

-DEWDROP-

The unicorn mare laughed in a vain attempt to ease the tension of the situation, to no avail though. The trench coated bounty hunter's clear unwillingness to socialize made her realize where she was once again. She cleared her throat before continuing. "Oh, right...uhm...my name is Dewdrops, welcome to my...place! You can grab anything useful and..." She looked around herself, the roof was free of any items besides the circuits on the table, the antenna and a now empty Sparkle-Cola bottle, her claim being effectively watered down as there was indeed nothing to grab.

To the bounty hunter's bold question she answered with a nervous giggle, slightly flattening her ears in what might have been embarrassment, fear or maybe even both. "Yeah, about that..." She poked the concrete below her with her hoof as she lowered her head, the silence proceeding.

No, this was the moment where she quit the kind act, these were not her quests. These were some ponies she was quite likely sending straight to their demise, if they even accepted her offer in the first place. Dewdrops slowly raised her head, looking the trench coated stallion straight into his glowing amber eyes, her tired eyes of the same color now freed of all warmth, corner of her mouth turning up to form a slight grin. 

"I want 'em all." She stated at least as coldly as the Ranger next to her had spoken. "I want 'em all dead, nothing less."

-JUNKER-

The stallion turned to face the two of the new ponies, his armor's hydraulics hissing as he did so. His dark, lifeless visors staring at their direction as his filtered breathing echoed through the tubes, sounding ragged, arduous even. Most likely due to his failing filterers. The whole thing was an eerie mess, mismatched parts from different armors, rust, voice like a bad radio signal...no one except his mother even knew who or what was inside it, if anything at all.  'Alicorns? Why was the Ghost talking about alicorns?' He thought, continuing to stare in silence, now wishing that he would have actually listened to the signal rather than just tagging it and busting in.

After the mare gave her blunt response to the stated question, Junker burst into laughter once more. His voice scrambler randomly changing the voice's pitch down to almost demonic levels, might be acting up, too. "You seriously think..." He kept a slight pause in an attempt to stifle his laughter. "...that I...we would march right in...guns pointed at them? Guess. Just guess how many seconds it will take them to turn us all into paste...two? Maybe less? Hm?" He had now turned to face Dewdrops, slowly approaching her as he spoke, soon being nose to nose, his metallic filter touching her muzzle.

All before suddenly twisting his helmeted head to view the Ranger as well as the bounty hunter. "Can you believe what she is suggesting? This one's got a rad poisoning in the brain and no RadAway to clean it!"

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Corvino said:

-DEWDROP-

The unicorn mare laughed in a vain attempt to ease the tension of the situation, to no avail though. The trench coated bounty hunter's clear unwillingness to socialize made her realize where she was once again. She cleared her throat before continuing. "Oh, right...uhm...my name is Dewdrops, welcome to my...place! You can grab anything useful and..." She looked around herself, the roof was free of any items besides the circuits on the table, the antenna and a now empty Sparkle-Cola bottle, her claim being effectively watered down as there was indeed nothing to grab.

To the bounty hunter's bold question she answered with a nervous giggle, slightly flattening her ears in what might have been embarrassment, fear or maybe even both. "Yeah, about that..." She poked the concrete below her with her hoof as she lowered her head, the silence proceeding.

No, this was the moment where she quit the kind act, these were not her quests. These were some ponies she was quite likely sending straight to their demise, if they even accepted her offer in the first place. Dewdrops slowly raised her head, looking the trench coated stallion straight into his glowing amber eyes, her tired eyes of the same color now freed of all warmth, corner of her mouth turning up to form a slight grin. 

"I want 'em all." She stated at least as coldly as the Ranger next to her had spoken. "I want 'em all dead, nothing less."

-JUNKER-

The stallion turned to face the two of the new ponies, his armor's hydraulics hissing as he did so. His dark, lifeless visors staring at their direction as his filtered breathing echoed through the tubes, sounding ragged, arduous even. Most likely due to his failing filterers. The whole thing was an eerie mess, mismatched parts from different armors, rust, voice like a bad radio signal...no one except his mother even knew who or what was inside it, if anything at all.  'Alicorns? Why was the Ghost talking about alicorns?' He thought, continuing to stare in silence, now wishing that he would have actually listened to the signal rather than just tagging it and busting in.

After the mare gave her blunt response to the stated question, Junker burst into laughter once more. His voice scrambler randomly changing the voice's pitch down to almost demonic levels, might be acting up, too. "You seriously think..." He kept a slight pause in an attempt to stifle his laughter. "...that I...we would march right in...guns pointed at them? Guess. Just guess how many seconds it will take them to turn us all into paste...two? Maybe less? Hm?" He had now turned to face Dewdrops, slowly approaching her as he spoke, soon being nose to nose, his metallic filter touching her muzzle.

All before suddenly twisting his helmeted head to view the Ranger as well as the bounty hunter. "Can you believe what she is suggesting? This one's got a rad poisoning in the brain and no RadAway to clean it!"

Nighteye glared at the armored pony before looking at the mare,

"Well do you have a certain alicorn that you would like me to start with, I am very sure everypony wants alicorns dead, but there must be a specific reason you made a beacon," he sighed and shrugged his shoulders,

"If you don't have a specific alicorn then I might as well leave," he turned and looked at the ranger,

"And I know how your kind thinks, I am not just another wastelander that kills and then hides, your kind do that to the west, if you ever head east, ask about me there, I am not just some other wastelander," he turned back to the mare, waiting for an answer.

"Talk only for yourself wastelander." Staunch said to the pony in the power armor before turning back towards Dewdrops, and after waiting for 'ghost' to finish, he said "Just give any details you know, and I see what I can do about it.". Staunch then turned towards 'ghost' "and I don't know what you mean by my kind, but you are right about the fact that I don't think you're special, because no matter how big of a name you have made for yourself, you're just a pony who knows how to shoot."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Virgil and Syren made their way through the abandoned city, having found a less steep part of the cliff which they could climb. For the two pirates, it had been a depressing experience seeing how far the ocean level had fallen. Of course, Puerto Seguro was no where near as effected, though the docks back home had to be renovated multiple times over the years to adjust to the drops.

The only sounds around them were the wind whistling through the streets and their hooves clopping on the cracked pavement. It set Virgil's nerves on edge; he hated silence. Back home, there was always the sound of the waves, even up in the Governor's house, and the voices of hundreds or thousands of ponies, even late at night. Puerto Seguro never slept and Virgil loved it.

His ship was never quiet either. There was always the creaking of the ropes and the sails, the sound of the waves hitting the hull, the voices of his crew, and the wind whistling over the water. Even when there was no wind, it was never truly quiet.

The city of Manehatten wasn't necessarily quiet, but it had sounds that Virgil wasn't used to, that he didn't always know the origin of. There could be threats out there, and he mightn't be able to tell until it was too late because he didn't know their telltale sounds. He was relying entirely on Syren. Even if he trusted his friend without question, he wasn't infallible.

"Building on our right, four down," Syren's voice broke into his captain's thoughts. "I'm getting four heat signatures."

"Armed?"

"Hard to tell, but I'd assume so. They'd have to be idiots to be here unarmed."

"Or capable without."

Syren dipped his head in consent, drawing his gun with his magic and following Virgil towards the building, both stepping carefully to avoid making noise.

(edited)

-DEWDROP-

The unicorn took a few steps back, her feeling of empowerment certainly dropping a notch when the hunk of metal borderline threatened her. As she slowly pulled her head away from contact with the rusty helmet glaring at her, she side-eyed the trench coated stallion as he spoke, an innocent grin on her face.

"Please don't lea...!" She began, quitting abruptly as she remembered that the endless pampering and worrying wouldn't get them anywhere. "Uh...I meant that..." She turned to face the mercenary and the ranger, taking distance from Junker, giving him a glare for not respecting her personal space and still staring at her, probably a rather disdainful look under that helmet. "...I only know two 'in person', probably still in Manehattan even." She  said as she gave a glance to her right, the grin of hers turning upside down as the memories flooded in.

She pointed a hoof to the direction, north to be precise, before speaking again. "I was in a...caravan. Ya know, trading n' stuff? Well, I am all that's left of it now. No clues on how I survived that mess but yeah, walk half a mile to that direction, you'll recognize the spot when you see it, I bet on it." She turned a one eighty and made her way to the small table with all sorts of circuits and machinery layered on top. "Maybe you can find hoofprints or something leading right to them, dunno. Dealing with them will make the Goddess pissed, though." She exclaimed jokingly, attempting to hide her growing anger as well as she could, digging something from the pile as she spoke. 

"But what I do know..." She continued as she levitated a tiny, black, circuit-like object with her dark amber magic. "...where the Goddess is hiding."  Giving the levitated piece of electronics a quick spin in the air as to focus everyone's attention to it before continuing. "This babe will mark the location of Maripony to an interface in case you don't know what I'm talking 'bout." She sat down onto her haunches, the item still levitated in front of her face. "It's time to dethrone the Goddess. But first, anyone's got a Pip Buck or something where I can install this thing?"

-JUNKER- 

The armored stallion glared fixedly at her, not paying the bad looks and remarks of the others mind. This was not what he had expected when he woke up this morning. It was no secret that the alicorns were a public menace, but he wasn't gonna kill himself for them, that was certain. It was then, however, when the the light bulb exploded in his head; if she was ordering an entire faction wide pest extermination project, it had to pay well, very well.

He did not ease his stare after the mare was done, and instead of answering her question he gave one himself, his distorted voice breaking the short lived silence before anyone else could. "And I expect you are paying me. I expect you are paying me a lot." He did it once again and took a step closer to the mare, lowering his head to her level. "And if not, we have a big problem...and you are in a big trouble."

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, Corvino said:

-DEWDROP-

The unicorn took a few steps back, her feeling of empowerment certainly dropping a notch when the hunk of metal borderline threatened her. As she slowly pulled her head away from contact with the rusty helmet glaring at her, she side-eyed the trench coated stallion as he spoke, an innocent grin on her face.

"Please don't lea...!" She began, quitting abruptly as she remembered that the endless pampering and worrying wouldn't get them anywhere. "Uh...I meant that..." She turned to face the mercenary and the ranger, taking distance from Junker, giving him a glare for not respecting her personal space and still staring at her, probably a rather disdainful look under that helmet. "...I only know two 'in person', probably still in Manehattan even." She  said as she gave a glance to her right, the grin of hers turning upside down as the memories flooded in.

She pointed a hoof to the direction, north to be precise, before speaking again. "I was in a...caravan. Ya know, trading n' stuff? Well, I am all that's left of it now. No clues on how I survived that mess but yeah, walk half a mile to that direction, you'll recognize the spot when you see it, I bet on it." She turned a one eighty and made her way to the small table with all sorts of circuits and machinery layered on top. "Maybe you can find hoofprints or something leading right to them, dunno. Dealing with them will make the Goddess pissed, though." She exclaimed jokingly, attempting to hide her growing anger as well as she could, digging something from the pile as she spoke. 

"But what I do know..." She continued as she levitated a tiny, black, circuit-like object with her dark amber magic. "...where the Goddess is hiding."  Giving the levitated piece of electronics a quick spin in the air as to focus everyone's attention to it before continuing. "This babe will mark the location of Maripony to an interface in case you don't know what I'm talking 'bout." She sat down onto her haunches, the item still levitated in front of her face. "It's time to dethrone the Goddess. But first, anyone's got a Pip Buck or something where I can install this thing?"

-JUNKER- 

The armored stallion glared fixedly at her, not paying the bad looks and remarks of the others mind. This was not what he had expected when he woke up this morning. It was no secret that the alicorns were a public menace, but he wasn't gonna kill himself for them, that was certain. It was then, however, when the the light bulb exploded in his head; if she was ordering an entire faction wide pest extermination project, it had to pay well, very well.

He did not ease his stare after the mare was done, and instead of answering her question he gave one himself, his distorted voice breaking the short lived silence before anyone else could. "And I expect you are paying me. I expect you are paying me a lot." He did it once again and took a step closer to the mare, lowering his head to her level. "And if not, we have a big problem...and you are in a big trouble."

Nighteye rolled his eyes at the armored pony asking for pay,

"A pony out for revenge always pays, you would be a fool to not think so," he replied,

"I on the other hoof don't need any type of pay, but thank you for the information, I shall be on my way, and you will probably hear of the demons' deaths on the radio, good day to you all," he turned to walk away from the area.

"Nopony is forcing you to help tincan, if you are scared to fight those bigger than you, you can always just leave." Staunch said, still sounding as cold as always "But if you do anything to hurt this unarmed civilian, I will be obligated by my orders to eliminate you." he then turned to look back at Dewdrop "Don't have a Pip Buck but is a signal-receiver good enough?" He asked, taking out the small device he had used to trace the signal, if it did not work, he would just go search for the place where the caravan got attacked and try to find the two alicorns.

Edited by The Cerberus

The pirates stopped outside the building, crouching low to avoid being seen. Syren crouched below his captain, tracking the heat signatures in the room.

"Someones coming out," he murmured, just loud enough for Virgil to hear him.

"Better make this quick," Virgil answered in the same tone before picking up his volume to carry to those inside. "Identify yourselves."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-JUNKER-
He twisted his head to the direction of the Ghost who was already making his leave, giving him an angry glare. "I know they do! My guns are not loaded for nothin'!" He yelled after him, now shifting his attention to to the others, finally taking some distance from the mare as he turned his head to face the ranger. "I will be obligated by my orders to eliminate you." He repeated in a mocking tone, chuckling as he tilted his armored head to the left. 

"You do realize that the launcher is loaded with frags and currently pointed at your mug? What are you gonna do hot shots? Roast me to death with that smart mouth of yours?" Junker laughed in his rather mechanical voice, slowly shaking his head all the while. The ranger, while well equipped, did not seem like much of an opponent to him on the outside, thus instantly empowering his feeling of superiority.

"Aight, tell you what, stand right there so that I can-" He was disrupted by the unicorn mare who punched him in the hind leg with her front hoof, followed by a squeak of pain emanating from the honey colored pony as her hoof connected with the metal. The Stallion looked over his shoulder, his angry visors connecting with her eyes.

-DEWDROP-
This was not the team spirit she had hoped for, not one bit. Didn't even manage to say goodbyes to the trench coated stallion over the petty bickering. She blew her hazel mane out of her way in exasperation as she prepared to check the compatibility of the ranger's device, only to be cut off by the armored pony. Something was going to go down if no one zipped that mouth of his. The unicorn's ears lowered in frustration as he continued his pointless threats with no end in sight.

Soon enough she could not take one word from this jackass anymore, praying that the situation would not escalate she raised her front hoof, giving the armored hind leg of the tin can a good smack. It worked, silence finally succumbing, price being more than likely a broken hoof since metal and organics clashing don't go that well together.

She yelped in pain, holding the hoof with another as she sat down onto her haunches once again, rocking back and forth in order to ease the sting. "Ack...I don't care if you were the...Goddess herself, but you need to chill out!" She hissed, giving the now silent stallion a cold glare. "Y'all can share our caravan's stash of caps or whatever else you wish...but please, aim those guns at the alicorns!"

She exhaled audibly, slowly rising up after a while of hoof-holding and silent cursing. She limped towards the ranger until she was right in front of him, squinting her eyes at the device he was holding. Raising her amber eyes to meet the ranger's red visors she answered. "Yeah, I suppose so." She levitated a screw driver and a miniature welder from the pile that decorated the single piece of furniture on the roof. "It ain't gonna be too pretty but I'm sure it will do its job just 'bout fine." 

She levitated the signal-receiver from his grasp without as much as asking first. The wasteland really did get to one's manners after a while, as unfortunate as it was. She unscrewed the back panel open, levitating all of the objects in air at once, proceeding to melt the tin that held the previous chips wires in place so that she could remove it and replace it with the new one. After five minutes of messing about she screwed the panel back on, levitating the device back to him.

"Anything else ya need to know, sir?"  He chirped happily at the soldier, really hoping that no one would be on anyone's throats too soon.

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Corvino said:

-JUNKER-
He twisted his head to the direction of the Ghost who was already making his leave, giving him an angry glare. "I know they do! My guns are not loaded for nothin'!" He yelled after him, now shifting his attention to to the others, finally taking some distance from the mare as he turned his head to face the ranger. "I will be obligated by my orders to eliminate you." He repeated in a mocking tone, chuckling as he tilted his armored head to the left. 

"You do realize that the launcher is loaded with frags and currently pointed at your mug? What are you gonna do hot shots? Roast me to death with that smart mouth of yours?" Junker laughed in his rather mechanical voice, slowly shaking his head all the while. The ranger, while well equipped, did not seem like much of an opponent to him on the outside, thus instantly empowering his feeling of superiority.

"Aight, tell you what, stand right there so that I can-" He was disrupted by the unicorn mare who punched him in the hind leg with her front hoof, followed by a squeak of pain emanating from the honey colored pony as her hoof connected with the metal. The Stallion looked over his shoulder, his angry visors connecting with her eyes.

-DEWDROP-
This was not the team spirit she had hoped for, not one bit. Didn't even manage to say goodbyes to the trench coated stallion over the petty bickering. She blew her hazel mane out of her way in exasperation as she prepared to check the compatibility of the ranger's device, only to be cut off by the armored pony. Something was going to go down if no one zipped that mouth of his. The unicorn's ears lowered in frustration as he continued his pointless threats with no end in sight.

Soon enough she could not take one word from this jackass anymore, praying that the situation would not escalate she raised her front hoof, giving the armored hind leg of the tin can a good smack. It worked, silence finally succumbing, price being more than likely a broken hoof since metal and organics clashing don't go that well together.

She yelped in pain, holding the hoof with another as she sat down onto her haunches once again, rocking back and forth in order to ease the sting. "Ack...I don't care if you were the...Goddess herself, but you need to chill out!" She hissed, giving the now silent stallion a cold glare. "Y'all can share our caravan's stash of caps or whatever else you wish...but please, aim those guns at the alicorns!"

She exhaled audibly, slowly rising up after a while of hoof-holding and silent cursing. She limped towards the ranger until she was right in front of him, squinting her eyes at the device he was holding. Raising her amber eyes to meet the ranger's red visors she answered. "Yeah, I suppose so." She levitated a screw driver and a miniature welder from the pile that decorated the single piece of furniture on the roof. "It ain't gonna be too pretty but I'm sure it will do its job just 'bout fine." 

She levitated the signal-receiver from his grasp without as much as asking first. The wasteland really did get to one's manners after a while, as unfortunate as it was. She unscrewed the back panel open, levitating all of the objects in air at once, proceeding to melt the tin that held the previous chips wires in place so that she could remove it and replace it with the new one. After five minutes of messing about she screwed the panel back on, levitating the device back to him.

"Anything else ya need to know, sir?"  He chirped happily at the soldier, really hoping that no one would be on anyone's throats too soon.

19 hours ago, Superwholock said:

The pirates stopped outside the building, crouching low to avoid being seen. Syren crouched below his captain, tracking the heat signatures in the room.

"Someones coming out," he murmured, just loud enough for Virgil to hear him.

"Better make this quick," Virgil answered in the same tone before picking up his volume to carry to those inside. "Identify yourselves."

Nighteye heard the voice but only responded with a grunt as he instantly went behind the house, he didn't have a quarrel and didn't want one. He sighed as he managed to sneak his way to the caravan where a parasite hovered, he disposed of it quickly with a revolver bullet before staring at a set of tracks, and started following them.

Staunch just looked at the pony in the power armor and said without change in his tone "I'm fully aware of your weapons and what they are most likely loaded with, but this power of your weapons is also your weakness." "If you were to shoot a grenade from this distance, you yourself would be in the blast radius, and I wouldn't trust that rusty tincan to protect you." "And even if it managed to protect you, there's probability that this already unstable roof would collapse." "That of course is assuming you get your shot in time before I'm already gone, hiding somewhere ready to blast bullet through your face when you least expect it" He said this while Dewdrop was working with the receiver. 

When she finished with the device and gave back to Staunch, he simply replied to the question "That should be all, thank you civilian." He then heard somepony shouting 'identify yourselves' from outside, "It seems we have more company."

"Somepony left out the back," Syren informed him quietly. "They're leaving."

Virgil nodded in understanding. After a few minutes of silence passed, Virgil spoke again. "We know you're in there. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

• Brohoof 1

-JUNKER- 

The stallion stared at the ranger as he responded, slowly lowering his visors to view his rusty chest armor, followed by a quick glance between his launcher and the rooftop. "Hmph." He snorted, giving a dismissive look at the horizon. "A smartass too." Seeing it fit to turn his barrels away from the ranger, he shifted his frame to face the direction he was looking at, continuing to stare at nothingness for a good while.

His head twisted back to the ranger once he mentioned the word 'company' as he had heard it too. He turned his body to face the doorway, his minigun unlocking with an audible click, followed by gentle laughter. The hydraulics whined as he took a step towards the door, and then another, followed by even more. "Company, eh? I'll introduce them to my best friends, pain and agony!" He laughed, tone shifting from feign gentle to that of pure malice.

He peeked in from the doorway, looking down as the voice was probably heard from the first floor. "Oh, you totally found us, I guess the hide n' seek is over!" He shouted back at them, distorted voice echoing through the metal apartment building. "Too bad, but now it's time for my favorite game, Cat n' mouse! Ready or not, here I come!" He continued as he began taking steps downstairs.

-DEWDROP-

She gave the Ranger a nod and the best excuse of a smile she could muster. He was cold as a frozen stone but at least he seemed to be the most trustworthy out of the bunch. Got that snot for brains silent as well, something she had not imagined possible. 

Her ears perked as she heard the noises downstairs, only confirmed by the soldier. Just as she opened her mouth in order to respond and welcome them in, he was cut off again by none other than the metal menace. Her ears flattened yet again in frustration as the stallion wedged his way past her and the ranger, bad things in his mind. Luckily he voiced everything he was thinking, and thus she hoped that the newcomers downstairs would be at least somewhat prepared in case nothing stopped him.

Sometimes she truly wondered why these kind of ponies got to live while all the innocent ones had to die.

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Corvino said:

-JUNKER- 

The stallion stared at the ranger as he responded, slowly lowering his visors to view his rusty chest armor, followed by a quick glance between his launcher and the rooftop. "Hmph." He snorted, giving a dismissive look at the horizon. "A smartass too." Seeing it fit to turn his barrels away from the ranger, he shifted his frame to face the direction he was looking at, continuing to stare at nothingness for a good while.

His head twisted back to the ranger once he mentioned the word 'company' as he had heard it too. He turned his body to face the doorway, his minigun unlocking with an audible click, followed by gentle laughter. The hydraulics whined as he took a step towards the door, and then another, followed by even more. "Company, eh? I'll introduce them to my best friends, pain and agony!" He laughed, tone shifting from feign gentle to that of pure malice.

He peeked in from the doorway, looking down as the voice was probably heard from the first floor. "Oh, you totally found us, I guess the hide n' seek is over!" He shouted back at them, distorted voice echoing through the metal apartment building. "Too bad, but now it's time for my favorite game, Cat n' mouse! Ready or not, here I come!" He continued as he began taking steps downstairs.

-DEWDROP-

She gave the Ranger a nod and the best excuse of a smile she could muster. He was cold as a frozen stone but at least he seemed to be the most trustworthy out of the bunch. Got that snot for brains silent as well, something she had not imagined possible. 

Her ears perked as she heard the noises downstairs, only confirmed by the soldier. Just as she opened her mouth in order to respond and welcome them in, he was cut off again by none other than the metal menace. Her ears flattened yet again in frustration as the stallion wedged his way past her and the ranger, bad things in his mind. Luckily he voiced everything he was thinking, and thus she hoped that the newcomers downstairs would be at least somewhat prepared in case nothing stopped him.

Sometimes she truly wondered why these kind of ponies got to live while all the innocent ones had to die.

Nighteye looked up from the tracks he had backtracked about a mile back. He sniffed and then looked up at the sky,

"Hmmmm," 

'The tracks were rushed here' he thought to himself and followed them back.

'if she was behind them at that point then that would mean she came from that way' he looked back,

'but she could've also spotted them from somewhere else' he sighed and startes back towards the mare's home,

'looks like I'm gonna need help after all'

It wasn't long until he could see the building with the broken down door.

"At least make sure they are hostile first." Staunch said after the power armor pony, he probably should have tried to stop him, but that was too late now, and he figured that civilians wouldn't be demanding to know who they were, and other AJ's rangers would tell that they are one before calling out. He turned towards Dewdrops, "You should probably shut down the signal now, it will most likely attract raiders and I don't think anypony wants that." ""And if you don't have place to go, there's one of our temporary outposts about mile to that direction, they will help you when you explain your situation."

After the sarcastic answer, they waited a few more moments before entering. Virgil led the way, cutlass in hood. As soon as he was able, Syren stepped to his friend's side, his gun floating in the air and ready to fire. He kept his goggles up, letting the tech scan the area.

"Whoever's in the armor, I'd suggest you stop and come back right now," he called out, seeing the heat signature above them. It was a little dimmer because of the armor, but easily detectable with Syren's goggles.

"Since you didn't answer before, I'll ask again; who are you?" Virgil demanded, his soft voice still carrying his harsh tone.

(edited)

-JUNKER-

"Who am I?!" He laughed. "Oh well, they call me great many things, but you can call me "Death" for now, should be the most suitable for the occasion, I'm sure of it!" He rambled in a jolly voice, not showing any signs of slowing down. By the time he reached the second floor he was already trotting, only the final stairs between him and them. "I recommend that you drop your valuables right now so they won't get damaged while I come all the way down there a-!" His shouting was cut short all so suddenly, replaced by a scream only a dying colt would make, followed by sounds of loud tumbling, crashing and agonizing screeching of metal scraping against metal. He had gone down the stairs too fast, having tripped and fallen down in a full load of equipment.

Now he just laid there, on his right side, his grenade chaingun having assumed the weirdest possible position as it was being crushed between the suit of armor and solid metal floor. He raised his head from the flooring, squinting his blurry eyes under the helmet , seeing...two...pirates? Better yet, both armed to the teeth.

He swiftly attempted to take aim with his unlocked minigun, but it proved a failed attempt since he couldn't get an angle now that he was well, laying down. Raising up wouldn't be hard, but not too easy either since his hydraulics looked like they had not seen maintenance in years.

-DEWDROP-

She watched as mister tin can disappeared into the staircase leading down, his voice somehow growing louder as he went further away. She stared at the door leading to the staircase for almost for a good minute, dumbfounded being an understatement. Suddenly, though, the ranger's words repeated in her head, snapping her back to this world. The unicorn shook her head profusely before facing the soldier once again. "Uh..yeah the...signal. Yeah...right, of course!" Her head turned to the direction of the transmitter as she swiftly galloped to it. As simple as flicking a switch. 

And then there were loud noises, a lot of them, almost like someone had emptied the kitchen shelves onto the floor. Her teeth clenched together as she cringed, what could it possibly be this time? "I..uhm...thanks for the offer, I'm real grateful and all, sir...but..." She pointed her hoof down, giving the soldier a rather sheepish grin. "...ya know, we gonna check it out? Count the...bodies and all that?" She probably meant it as a joke if her nervous giggle was any indication, but considering the situation it was not far fetched.

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1