Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Hunters of the Damned

Gabriel

10 hours ago, Corvino said:

-JUNKER-

"Who am I?!" He laughed. "Oh well, they call me great many things, but you can call me "Death" for now, should be the most suitable for the occasion, I'm sure of it!" He rambled in a jolly voice, not showing any signs of slowing down. By the time he reached the second floor he was already trotting, only the final stairs between him and them. "I recommend that you drop your valuables right now so they won't get damaged while I come all the way down there a-!" His shouting was cut short all so suddenly, replaced by a scream only a dying colt would make, followed by sounds of loud tumbling, crashing and agonizing screeching of metal scraping against metal. He had gone down the stairs too fast, having tripped and fallen down in a full load of equipment.

Now he just laid there, on his right side, his grenade chaingun having assumed the weirdest possible position as it was being crushed between the suit of armor and solid metal floor. He raised his head from the flooring, squinting his blurry eyes under the helmet , seeing...two...pirates? Better yet, both armed to the teeth.

He swiftly attempted to take aim with his unlocked minigun, but it proved a failed attempt since he couldn't get an angle now that he was well, laying down. Raising up wouldn't be hard, but not too easy either since his hydraulics looked like they had not seen maintenance in years.

-DEWDROP-

She watched as mister tin can disappeared into the staircase leading down, his voice somehow growing louder as he went further away. She stared at the door leading to the staircase for almost for a good minute, dumbfounded being an understatement. Suddenly, though, the ranger's words repeated in her head, snapping her back to this world. The unicorn shook her head profusely before facing the soldier once again. "Uh..yeah the...signal. Yeah...right, of course!" Her head turned to the direction of the transmitter as she swiftly galloped to it. As simple as flicking a switch. 

And then there were loud noises, a lot of them, almost like someone had emptied the kitchen shelves onto the floor. Her teeth clenched together as she cringed, what could it possibly be this time? "I..uhm...thanks for the offer, I'm real grateful and all, sir...but..." She pointed her hoof down, giving the soldier a rather sheepish grin. "...ya know, we gonna check it out? Count the...bodies and all that?" She probably meant it as a joke if her nervous giggle was any indication, but considering the situation it was not far fetched.

Nighteye saw two ponies standing there, guns at the ready...

'well no wonder they are ready to fire's he thought as he heard the armored pony's yell and then a loud crashing sound.

He looked at the two ponies,

"Just so you know I am armed but will only use my weapons in self defense at the moment, if you could please refrain from killing the idiot in the armor in there, that would be nice, not to mention that there is a ranger in there and an innocent pony, so can't we just all be friends and relax for a moment," he called out as he walked up and peeked into the door.

He sighed and turned,

'this team better be worth it' he thought as he stared back at the two armed ponies.

"I guess I should see the situation." Staunch admitted, then proceeding to the stairs, and it didn't take too long to understand what had happened, he muttered under his breath, sounding almost amused "The tin can fell down the stairs..." He then not knowing 'ghost' had came back, answered the question of the unidentified ponies with his usual cold tone as he continued down the stairs, "I'm Staunch Fidelity, Applejack's Rangers private, and pony with me is unarmed civilian!" "I do not wish to harm you, but I won't hesitate eliminating you if you pose a threat to me, or to the civilian!"

Edited by The Cerberus

"I have no idea what any of those words mean," Syren answered honestly as he lowered his gun. "But I do know you're not threats." Beside him, Virgil lowered his cutlass into a resting stance, but Syren knew his friend would be ready to fight in a milisecond. "Who sent out that distress signal?"

• Brohoof 1

-JUNKER-

He rose up from his awkward pose, hydraulics hissing, breath ragged as he tried to gasp for any oxygen that his filters would allow, his weapons locking back in their places as he did so. "H...heh...you don't have any idea what words mean? Ouch." He giggled under his helmet at the newcomer's choice of words as he completely regained his posture in hopes that the previous few seconds would go ignored. "Seems like you are not much of a threat yourself, just remember to keep the barrel pointed at the enemy and not the other way around, you'll get far kid." 

He huffed, turning to face the Ghost that had just recently resurfaced to the middle of the encounter, quite surprised that he was back already, he tilted his head, chuckling. "What...don't say you killed them all already, should have left us some!" He laughed, it being rather obvious to him that the trench coated unicorn could not manage the task himself, none of them most likely could.  

-DEWDROP-

The honey unicorn followed the soldier all the way down, making absolutely sure that she did not get too far left behind, peeking over the ranger's shoulders as they progressed. When they arrived to the first floor, she couldn't really figure out which was more ridiculous; the fact that there were two pirates in the middle of a rag tag bunch of wastelanders, including the Ghost who had apparently poofed back in from somewhere, or the fact that she was the only one genuinely surprised about all of this.

She gave this a long thought as the ponies from all backgrounds switched words, mostly in the form of threats, and when the silence finally landed, she decided to just screw it, if this was all just a weird fever dream she would wake up sooner or later. Finally emerging from behind the ranger she spoke, her voice wavering slightly, having a relatively hard time not giving the "run the heck away"-plan a go.

"Guys, guyyys..." She started with a nervous chuckle. "..ain't there no need to eliminate anyone, alright? She said, attempting to give her voice that 'motherly reassurance' even if she was probably among the youngest of the bunch. The unicorn mare took a careful step towards the pirate look-alikes, her morale not being boosted now that she was surrounded by guns and blades of all shapes. Raising her front hoof against her chest she continued. "I sent the signal, the name's uh...Dewdrop, it's a pleasure to meet the two of you!" Even after the warm presentation she swiftly backed up behind the pony in a red decorated NCR armor. "You aren't actually like...pirates right? I read a magazine where they said that your kind is the looting type!"

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Corvino said:

-JUNKER-

He rose up from his awkward pose, hydraulics hissing, breath ragged as he tried to gasp for any oxygen that his filters would allow, his weapons locking back in their places as he did so. "H...heh...you don't have any idea what words mean? Ouch." He giggled under his helmet at the newcomer's choice of words as he completely regained his posture in hopes that the previous few seconds would go ignored. "Seems like you are not much of a threat yourself, just remember to keep the barrel pointed at the enemy and not the other way around, you'll get far kid." 

He huffed, turning to face the Ghost that had just recently resurfaced to the middle of the encounter, quite surprised that he was back already, he tilted his head, chuckling. "What...don't say you killed them all already, should have left us some!" He laughed, it being rather obvious to him that the trench coated unicorn could not manage the task himself, none of them most likely could.  

-DEWDROP-

The honey unicorn followed the soldier all the way down, making absolutely sure that she did not get too far left behind, peeking over the ranger's shoulders as they progressed. When they arrived to the first floor, she couldn't really figure out which was more ridiculous; the fact that there were two pirates in the middle of a rag tag bunch of wastelanders, including the Ghost who had apparently poofed back in from somewhere, or the fact that she was the only one genuinely surprised about all of this.

She gave this a long thought as the ponies from all backgrounds switched words, mostly in the form of threats, and when the silence finally landed, she decided to just screw it, if this was all just a weird fever dream she would wake up sooner or later. Finally emerging from behind the ranger she spoke, her voice wavering slightly, having a relatively hard time not giving the "run the heck away"-plan a go.

"Guys, guyyys..." She started with a nervous chuckle. "..ain't there no need to eliminate anyone, alright? She said, attempting to give her voice that 'motherly reassurance' even if she was probably among the youngest of the bunch. The unicorn mare took a careful step towards the pirate look-alikes, her morale not being boosted now that she was surrounded by guns and blades of all shapes. Raising her front hoof against her chest she continued. "I sent the signal, the name's uh...Dewdrop, it's a pleasure to meet the two of you!" Even after the warm presentation she swiftly backed up behind the pony in a red decorated NCR armor. "You aren't actually like...pirates right? I read a magazine where they said that your kind is the looting type!"

Nighteye just stared at the armored pony before listening to the mare speak. Elimination wasn't even an option at the moment, they were all there for the same reason, a distress signal. He just looked around and listened to what everypony had to say.

Staunch was surprised when one of the strangers said he didn't know meaning of the words, but didn't feel like explaining them. he didn't notice Ghost until the tin can talked to him, and after noticing him, he just stared him for a moment before turning back towards the strangers. He didn't say anything, he didn't see the need to because Dewdrop already was speaking, and he didn't have anything to add. Though Dewdrop's question got him slightly in guard, he remembered seeing somewhere mention of 'pirates', and what he understood, they basically were raiders on boat. 

"Now that's just downright insulting," Syren answered, donning a hurt expression. "We don't 'loot'. We fight for the right to another's property. There's rules and codes to follow. We're not thieves."

Virgil remained silent, eyeing the assembled ponies, judging skills and threats.

-DEWDROP-

She gave the now confirmed pirates a swift, yet apologetic grin, carefully stepping from behind the ranger as she joined the circle. After scanning through each and every one of them in silence she took a deep breath. "Aight, I know that y'all wanna jump on each other, but you came here for the same reason, right?" She spoke in an attempt to finally restore some semblance of order to the group. 

"Look, ya don't have to be all nice n' dandy with each other but for the sake of the world and us who live in it would ya please co-operate? The thing I am asking is something more than clearing a petty raider gang or repelling some ghouls who knows where, I can't guarantee your survival if ya do take the opportunity to save even a little bit of this scorched world, but you need to co-operate, otherwise you are as good as dead, all of ya!" 

She caught her breath as the silence filled the bottom floor of the building, hoping that even some of it would sink in before one of them would wind up dead. No one knew where she got this sudden boost of confidence, but one might suggest the severe frustration she was going through had some effect or the other. "Everything's all set up, the ranger has the location pinpointed, we took care of it while y'all were too busy makin' noise." Giving a swift, tired glare at the earth pony in armor she continued. "I recommend following the ranger's lead, or if not, at least ask first before ya do a U turn. Now, if ya have any questions, be vocal now." She then aimed his amber eyes at the two pirates, naturally assuming that they would not do it for free she directed her next words at them. "So...uhm...and what about you guys? I assume you are not doing this for free, are ya?" 

-JUNKER-

He had come to terms with the situation, no, really. He had come here to grab a few caps from some local dummies but had instead found himself in some sort of "saving the world from evil" scenario. He merely stood there, silently, much like his to-be brother in arms wearing a trench coat. He couldn't say that he would be too interested in saving the world, he was more the kind of pony to be considered the villain of the storybook. The earth pony snorted under his helmet as he slowly succumbed into his thoughts, completely turning the off switch on Dewdrop's possibly important briefing.

After a while of wall staring he snapped back into this world as Dewdrop gave him a borderline murderous glance. Tilting his head he looked at her explaining this and that for a while, still not really listening, all until he did a short side glance, actually noticing the Ghost near him. Doing a quiet whistle he inched a few steps closer to him sideways, his sneaking attempts looking rather comical as he still sounded like a mobile factory. Leaning towards him a little before he spoke in what was basically a whisper as Dewdrop was now speaking to the pirates. "So...I have heard that you are the real stuff, ya know, somepony who just won't die. I think you might have proven that on a raider of mine or two. Well, my ex-raiders but still... what is that makes you tick?" 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, Napalm said:

-DEWDROP-

She gave the now confirmed pirates a swift, yet apologetic grin, carefully stepping from behind the ranger as she joined the circle. After scanning through each and every one of them in silence she took a deep breath. "Aight, I know that y'all wanna jump on each other, but you came here for the same reason, right?" She spoke in an attempt to finally restore some semblance of order to the group. 

"Look, ya don't have to be all nice n' dandy with each other but for the sake of the world and us who live in it would ya please co-operate? The thing I am asking is something more than clearing a petty raider gang or repelling some ghouls who knows where, I can't guarantee your survival if ya do take the opportunity to save even a little bit of this scorched world, but you need to co-operate, otherwise you are as good as dead, all of ya!" 

She caught her breath as the silence filled the bottom floor of the building, hoping that even some of it would sink in before one of them would wind up dead. No one knew where she got this sudden boost of confidence, but one might suggest the severe frustration she was going through had some effect or the other. "Everything's all set up, the ranger has the location pinpointed, we took care of it while y'all were too busy makin' noise." Giving a swift, tired glare at the earth pony in armor she continued. "I recommend following the ranger's lead, or if not, at least ask first before ya do a U turn. Now, if ya have any questions, be vocal now." She then aimed his amber eyes at the two pirates, naturally assuming that they would not do it for free she directed her next words at them. "So...uhm...and what about you guys? I assume you are not doing this for free, are ya?" 

-JUNKER-

He had come to terms with the situation, no, really. He had come here to grab a few caps from some local dummies but had instead found himself in some sort of "saving the world from evil" scenario. He merely stood there, silently, much like his to-be brother in arms wearing a trench coat. He couldn't say that he would be too interested in saving the world, he was more the kind of pony to be considered the villain of the storybook. The earth pony snorted under his helmet as he slowly succumbed into his thoughts, completely turning the off switch on Dewdrop's possibly important briefing.

After a while of wall staring he snapped back into this world as Dewdrop gave him a borderline murderous glance. Tilting his head he looked at her explaining this and that for a while, still not really listening, all until he did a short side glance, actually noticing the Ghost near him. Doing a quiet whistle he inched a few steps closer to him sideways, his sneaking attempts looking rather comical as he still sounded like a mobile factory. Leaning towards him a little before he spoke in what was basically a whisper as Dewdrop was now speaking to the pirates. "So...I have heard that you are the real stuff, ya know, somepony who just won't die. I think you might have proven that on a raider of mine or two. Well, my ex-raiders but still... what is that makes you tick?" 

Nighteye perked his ears as the metal pony spoke,

"Stick around and you might just find out," he replied.

Truth was at first Nighteye just wanted to survive then as he became who he was he found ponies to care for, but he wasn't about reveal that to a raider or even an ex-raider. Unfortunately, as if on cue there was the sound of static and then a young southern accent underneath his cloak,

"Appleseed ta Ghost you have some time ta talk," she said cheerfully,

Nighteye sighed and clicked the radio off with his magic,

'Appleseed...we have a designated time for a reason' he thought to himself.

Staunch patiently waited for a opportunity to speak, and when it came, he started with the two pirates. "Fight for the right to another's property? Does this include those disadvantaged, like for example family of farmers? because that would make you murderers." "Which in my opinion is worse than a looter." he sounded little contradictory, because though his question itself sounded like he cared, his unconcerned tone didn't give the same impression.

Then he looked generally at everyone, "But the civilian is right, we should co-operate at least to the point we don't shoot each other." "I don't really care what you all do, but I'm not stopping you from coming with me if you so desire."

Edited by The Cerberus

"We're not here for any sort of job or payment," Virgil denied. "We're here because, for the first time in nearly two hundred years, we received a signal from Equestria. The fact that it was a distress signal only made it that much more urgent."

"Our ship's just off the coast by the docks," Syren added. "We can take you someplace else, even to Puerto Seguro if you want."

-JUNKER-

Junker huffed at the other pony's unsatisfying answer, shifting his head to face the unicorn mare as he finally decided to pay even some semblance of attention to the ongoing debate. She was still chatting with the pirates, something that slowly but surely increased the earth pony's frustration levels. He aimed his visors at the two of them as they responded, scanning them from head to hoof. They sure looked like the least dangerous of the lot, mere odd looking swords and and simple guns as their armaments. They were something that barely compared to the others who were armed with nothing less than military grade equipment. At least that's what they looked like to him.

Tilting his head to the side as in to say "d'aww" or something else stupid, but merely let out a quiet chuckle under his breath, it somehow still managing to loudly echo inside his helmet.

-DEWDROP-

The mare was slightly take off guard by their response, actually, she couldn't believe it at all. She was asking so much of off random ponies and none except one wished to hog any kinds of rewards, and then there were these who just kind of...'came in'. Were they playing around with her, growing her with false hope or something? Furrowing her eyebrows she pouted slightly, taking a seat on the metal floor before tilting his head to her left questioningly. "Well...you guys do know what the signal was all about...right?" Squinting her eyes at their gear she continued. "I...mean, I am sure you're great warriors n' stuff! But ya know..." She gave a quick glance at the others, armed with so many guns, betting that she couldn't even lift one of them, not even considering the heavier ones. From those she shifted her gaze back to the pirates and their swords. 

"...I'm sure you will be just fine." She let out another nervous giggle, something that had occurred more times than necessary during this odd meetup. "Ya do know what we are about to do here?" She asked them sincerely, worried about their future.  Before they could answer, however she hastily spoke again. "Oh, I'm sorry. I am very grateful for your offer but I don't really know if I trust myself on a...ship? I bet it will sink like a rock and I can't swim! Besides, it's like a prison in the middle of the ocean if I just walk in and it's a...trap. No uh...no offense...of course."

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Corvino said:

-JUNKER-

Junker huffed at the other pony's unsatisfying answer, shifting his head to face the unicorn mare as he finally decided to pay even some semblance of attention to the ongoing debate. She was still chatting with the pirates, something that slowly but surely increased the earth pony's frustration levels. He aimed his visors at the two of them as they responded, scanning them from head to hoof. They sure looked like the least dangerous of the lot, mere odd looking swords and and simple guns as their armaments. They were something that barely compared to the others who were armed with nothing less than military grade equipment. At least that's what they looked like to him.

Tilting his head to the side as in to say "d'aww" or something else stupid, but merely let out a quiet chuckle under his breath, it somehow still managing to loudly echo inside his helmet.

-DEWDROP-

The mare was slightly take off guard by their response, actually, she couldn't believe it at all. She was asking so much of off random ponies and none except one wished to hog any kinds of rewards, and then there were these who just kind of...'came in'. Were they playing around with her, growing her with false hope or something? Furrowing her eyebrows she pouted slightly, taking a seat on the metal floor before tilting his head to her left questioningly. "Well...you guys do know what the signal was all about...right?" Squinting her eyes at their gear she continued. "I...mean, I am sure you're great warriors n' stuff! But ya know..." She gave a quick glance at the others, armed with so many guns, betting that she couldn't even lift one of them, not even considering the heavier ones. From those she shifted her gaze back to the pirates and their swords. 

"...I'm sure you will be just fine." She let out another nervous giggle, something that had occurred more times than necessary during this odd meetup. "Ya do know what we are about to do here?" She asked them sincerely, worried about their future.  Before they could answer, however she hastily spoke again. "Oh, I'm sorry. I am very grateful for your offer but I don't really know if I trust myself on a...ship? I bet it will sink like a rock and I can't swim! Besides, it's like a prison in the middle of the ocean if I just walk in and it's a...trap. No uh...no offense...of course."

Nighteye just stared blankly in response, he just wanted to get this over with, he wanted to go home, he would have to tell Appleseed he was going to be late, but otherwise he was ready to go.

Staunch didn't think of much about the two ignoring his question, they didn't really look like raiders, they were too...clean. He also just observed what was happening, he had said what he had to say, and he was ready to leave, but he couldn't before he knew that the civilian would be safe enough, that being, left alone.

He scanned through the ponies around him, first, the tin can, reminded him of a raider, and was in it for the reward, probably the biggest risk in the group, Staunch had to keep his eyes on him if he was going to come with him. Then Ghost, a bounty hunter, though it was odd he didn't want a reward, the risk of him turning against Staunch was low. Then the new arrivals, seemingly oblivious about the wasteland, probably easy to deal with if they caused problems.

"Then what was the whole distress signal about?" Syren asked, tilting his head curiously. "Why send one out when you have no intention of leaving?"

"More importantly, what was the point of the distress signal in the first place," Virgil added.

-DEWDROP-

This concerned her a little...scratch that, it concerned her a lot, 200 years? The alicorns had been around for only about 15, there was no possibility of them knowing anything about them, right? She scratched her right hoof with her left as she awkwardly shifted around, trying to find a conclusive image of the whole ordeal before it dragged on and on. After a good while of tense silence she swallowed, her tongue getting glued against her palate as the temperatures did nothing but rose. 

"Alicorns. The...the signal was a bounty request and you just kind of, signed up for it.She responded, giving them a wary look to see their possible reactions, after which she glanced around herself, giving the entire squad a fast scan to see if they were growing impatient. The trench coat covered stallion looked just about ready to beeline straight into Pleasant Valley so she hastily refocused on the pirates. "I...uh...in case you don't need any payment, why...why don't y'all gather up and go check out the trashed caravan site? Maybe my er...friends can fill ya up on he subject, huh?"

She leaned towards the ranger that was standing next to her, giving him a confirming nod as he seemed to be slightly nervous about something. She slightly lowered her voice in order to catch his focus. "Yeah, and um...you said there was some place for me to like, kick in? Outpost?"

-JUNKER- 

He was thoroughly enjoying this circus now, nothing slapped a smug grin on his face like witnessing some fragile critters on each other's throats over some less than petty concerns. This made him so happy in fact that he just wanted to ruin someone's day right now. Squinting his eyes under the metal hunk of a helmet his gaze eventually returned to the Ghost. He had talked to some kid on a comm, he was sure of it. His smug grin turned playfully devious as he slightly leaned towards him once again.

"Heyy Ghosty..." He started, not really caring if his distorted voice overlapped with the other conversation. "...your kid sounds real adorbs ya know, they got a name?"

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Crewman said:

-DEWDROP-

This concerned her a little...scratch that, it concerned her a lot, 200 years? The alicorns had been around for only about 15, there was no possibility of them knowing anything about them, right? She scratched her right hoof with her left as she awkwardly shifted around, trying to find a conclusive image of the whole ordeal before it dragged on and on. After a good while of tense silence she swallowed, her tongue getting glued against her palate as the temperatures did nothing but rose. 

"Alicorns. The...the signal was a bounty request and you just kind of, signed up for it.She responded, giving them a wary look to see their possible reactions, after which she glanced around herself, giving the entire squad a fast scan to see if they were growing impatient. The trench coat covered stallion looked just about ready to beeline straight into Pleasant Valley so she hastily refocused on the pirates. "I...uh...in case you don't need any payment, why...why don't y'all gather up and go check out the trashed caravan site? Maybe my er...friends can fill ya up on he subject, huh?"

She leaned towards the ranger that was standing next to her, giving him a confirming nod as he seemed to be slightly nervous about something. She slightly lowered her voice in order to catch his focus. "Yeah, and um...you said there was some place for me to like, kick in? Outpost?"

-JUNKER- 

He was thoroughly enjoying this circus now, nothing slapped a smug grin on his face like witnessing some fragile critters on each other's throats over some less than petty concerns. This made him so happy in fact that he just wanted to ruin someone's day right now. Squinting his eyes under the metal hunk of a helmet his gaze eventually returned to the Ghost. He had talked to some kid on a comm, he was sure of it. His smug grin turned playfully devious as he slightly leaned towards him once again.

"Heyy Ghosty..." He started, not really caring if his distorted voice overlapped with the other conversation. "...your kid sounds real adorbs ya know, they got a name?"

Nighteye pulled his revolver out of his cloak and aimed it at him, pulling the hammer back with a click. He glared at the armored pony,

"Ever mention her again and you will have an armor piercing bullet through your mouth...and I am not bluffing, you should know that of all ponies," he lowered it and slid the pistol back in its holster. He would have to keep an eye on him, and if worse came to worse he would exterminate this vermin.

He sighed,

"If that was a threat towards somepony I care about, I will leave you to the ghouls and make sure they kill you,"

Staunch didn't have anything to add to the conversation with the two pirates, though he wondered where they were been if they thought that distress signal meant you wanted to go somewhere. To Dewdrop's question he answered "Yes, about a mile to that direction" He pointed to a direction "I came from there so it should be safe to just walk there." "They will instruct you further.". He heard the tin can mentioning the kid's voice in the radio to Ghost but didn't see any reason to get involved in it, and he was right, since Ghost seemed to have it under control.

Edited by The Cerberus

"I mean, we're here now," Syren said, shrugging. "May as well get something done." He turned to his captain. "¿Quieres que llame al barco?"

Virgil thought for a moment before nodding in confirmation. "Dice a Joss que se muede al barco más lejos de la costa."

Syren nodded and did as told, using his goggles to send out the message. An answer came back a few seconds later and he nodded to Virgil to let his captain know Joss had gotten the message.

-Do you want me to call the ship?

-Tell Joss to move the ship further offshore

Edited by Superwholock

(edited)

-JUNKER-

He merely stared at the pony who was currently aiming a loaded revolver at him, his dusty visors naturally not showing any emotion besides the angry glare they were built in shape of. It was not before he holstered his weapon that the armored stallion broke his eye contact from him, chuckling almost uncontrollably as he turned his frame to face Dewdrop once more. He was met with an unbelieving frown of a face from the unicorn mare, to which he simply responded with a slight shrug of pauldrons. 

He was really beginning to love these guys like his own children, oh how they blew the fuse so easily. One of them was going to pop a cap into his forehead sooner or later and it will be silly as damn. 

-DEWDROP-

Things were finally starting to form up, save for some hindrances. She merely gave the ranger a serious looking face and nodded, having learned that he preferred to keep it short and without too much familiarity. She then shifted her eyes to the two pirates who were now speaking in some kind of alien mumbo which sounded pretty fluent, yet it still gave her the creeps. The mare tilted her head in slight confusion, deciding to just silently let them finish before interrupting. 

"So now that y'all are...set...?" She begun, somewhat unsure whether they had somehow lost the ability to speak proper Equestrian or not. "Ya might as well get something done indeed! Just...head over to the wrecked site of my ex-caravan and see what route ya gonna take to the...er...destination. The um...merc with the coat has probably already seen it all by now so...maybe he can like...lead ya guys there for starters? Our ranger here has everything mapped out when it comes to the end destination as well!" She took a deep breath, the presentation was maybe a tad bit on the enthusiastic side. 

"Everyone's welcome! As long as ya are not concerned by the uh...ninety nine point nine percent likelihood of...death by an alicorn magic blast. All just numbers, right?"

Edited by Crewman
  • Brohoof 1

-JUNKER-

He merely stared at the pony who was currently aiming a loaded revolver at him, his dusty visors naturally not showing any emotion besides the angry glare they were built in shape of. It was not before he holstered his weapon that the armored stallion broke his eye contact from him, chuckling almost uncontrollably as he turned his frame to face Dewdrop once more. He was met with an unbelieving frown of a face from the unicorn mare, to which he simply responded with a slight shrug of pauldrons. 

He was really beginning to love these guys like his own children, oh how they blew the fuse so easily. One of them was going to pop a cap into his forehead sooner or later and it will be silly as damn. 

-DEWDROP-

Things were finally starting to form up, save for some hindrances. She merely gave the ranger a serious looking face and nodded, having learned that he preferred to keep it short and without too much familiarity. She then shifted her eyes to the two pirates who were now speaking in some kind of alien mumbo which sounded pretty fluent, yet it still gave her the creeps. The mare tilted her head in slight confusion, deciding to just silently let them finish before interrupting. 

"So now that y'all are...set...?" She begun, somewhat unsure whether they had somehow lost the ability to speak proper Equestrian or not. "Ya might as well get something done indeed! Just...head over to the wrecked site of my ex-caravan and see what route ya gonna take to the...er...destination. The um...merc with the coat has probably already seen it all by now so...maybe he can like...lead ya guys there for starters? Our ranger here has everything mapped out when it comes to the end destination as well!" She took a deep breath, the presentation was maybe a tad bit on the enthusiastic side. 

"Everyone's welcome! As long as ya are not concerned by the uh...ninety nine point nine percent likelihood of...death by an alicorn magic blast. All just numbers, right?"

Nighteye heard the light chuckle,

'this pony is a dead pony if after this we meet again' he made a mental note and decided to play a little game with the hunk of junk,

"Hmmm, ya know something Junkpony, I wouldn't be surprised if you got killed by a child," he said.

He then looked up at the mention of him,

"I think I can handle them," he replied.

When the two pirates started talking in different language, Staunch was convinced that they weren't from the wasteland since he hadn't ever heard the language before, but didn't think more than that about it. He ignored the interaction between Ghost and the tin can, though, he did hear Ghost insulting the tin can and secretly agreed.  He didn't reply to the Dewdrop's point about the high risk of getting killed, but from how he was looking at the others, even with his expressions hidden under the helmet, it was obvious that he was waiting for their reply. 

"You guys really have no idea what pirates actually do," Syren snorted. "Honey, our lives are a connection of one death sentence to the next. We're still kickin' and we have absolutely no intention of changing that. Just tell us where to shoot."

Virgil's lips brief curled into a small smirk before relaxing back into his neutral mask. He had no intention of dying and even less of letting Syren die.

(edited)

-JUNKER-

He side eyed Ghost, his head slightly tilting into his direction, responding to his mocking with a snort. "I wouldn't be surprised either." He started. "Parents these days, once some dumbass of a father let his toddler play with a Fat Man, loaded with a mini nuke, thinking it was a dud. Well, it wasn't and he realized that, though by then the baby had already squeezed the trigger with her teeth or something." He laughed, his tone changing friendlier and friendlier as he went on, almost like making a joke to his best buddy. "I...I..." Trying to stifle his laughter, he continued. "...I saw the friggin mushroom cloud from across Manehattan! Had to make up this story where a group of rivals had stormed the base and nuked it cos' ain't boss be likin' to hear that a kid managed!"

His laughter was cut abruptly by his filtering systems effectively showing him the hoof again. Coughing in a voice that sounded like a sentry bot dying his breath grew ragged once again as he refocused on the matter at hand. Needless to say, all the conversation that was had within the past minute had flown right past him. 

"So, we done yet? 

-DEWDROP-

She gave the mercenary a happy grin as she nodded to him, always glad when there was a lack of objections. The words of the pirates gave her confidence a huge boost, her smile getting brighter by the second. It was all better than she could have ever hoped for! Now that they were all at least somewhat set, she decided that this would be the point where they bunch up and march, enough daylight was already wasted with pettiness. 

The unicorn made haste rising to her hooves, the ongoing heat and the lack of Sparkle Cola was obliterating her nerves but she kept the happy facade on regardless, saints knew what these ponies would do if she showed them a grumpy face after what they had agreed to."So, now before anyone gets shot, or before the alicorns somehow magically triangulate to this position or something else they might eh...do, we should all get moving." She walked past the circle of ponies, all the way to the front door, giving the streets a glance before she turned her head back to face the group, her voice getting hoarser due to dehydration. "I um, I think the road is free. The caravan is that way." She pointed a hoof northward before fully stepping out to the blazing sun. 

"Return to me at the camp after y'all have nuked the entire Pleasant Valley clean off the map. Please, don't return to me in bodybags." Taking a couple of steps ahead she yelled one more thing over her shoulder. "And no, I can't give ya nukes and I don't know where to find them. Goodbye." On the hindsight, she probably should have at least wished them good luck, but it was over now and she was gaining distance from them, something she was actually quite glad about to be honest. She was desperate but not desperate enough to get shot.

She just hoped that they knew what they were up against, because to be completely honest, she did not expect them back. 

Edited by Crewman
  • Brohoof 1

-JUNKER-

He side eyed Ghost, his head slightly tilting into his direction, responding to his mocking with a snort. "I wouldn't be surprised either." He started. "Parents these days, once some dumbass of a father let his toddler play with a Fat Man, loaded with a mini nuke, thinking it was a dud. Well, it wasn't and he realized that, though by then the baby had already squeezed the trigger with her teeth or something." He laughed, his tone changing friendlier and friendlier as he went on, almost like making a joke to his best buddy. "I...I..." Trying to stifle his laughter, he continued. "...I saw the friggin mushroom cloud from across Manehattan! Had to make up this story where a group of rivals had stormed the base and nuked it cos' ain't boss be likin' to hear that a kid managed!"

His laughter was cut abruptly by his filtering systems effectively showing him the hoof again. Coughing in a voice that sounded like a sentry bot dying his breath grew ragged once again as he refocused on the matter at hand. Needless to say, all the conversation that was had within the past minute had flown right past him. 

"So, we done yet? 

-DEWDROP-

She gave the mercenary a happy grin as she nodded to him, always glad when there was a lack of objections. The words of the pirates gave her confidence a huge boost, her smile getting brighter by the second. It was all better than she could have ever hoped for! Now that they were all at least somewhat set, she decided that this would be the point where they bunch up and march, enough daylight was already wasted with pettiness. 

The unicorn made haste rising to her hooves, the ongoing heat and the lack of Sparkle Cola was obliterating her nerves but she kept the happy facade on regardless, saints knew what these ponies would do if she showed them a grumpy face after what they had agreed to."So, now before anyone gets shot, or before the alicorns somehow magically triangulate to this position or something else they might eh...do, we should all get moving." She walked past the circle of ponies, all the way to the front door, giving the streets a glance before she turned her head back to face the group, her voice getting hoarser due to dehydration. "I um, I think the road is free. The caravan is that way." She pointed a hoof northward before fully stepping out to the blazing sun. 

"Return to me at the camp after y'all have nuked the entire Pleasant Valley clean off the map. Please, don't return to me in bodybags." Taking a couple of steps ahead she yelled one more thing over her shoulder. "And no, I can't give ya nukes and I don't know where to find them. Goodbye." On the hindsight, she probably should have at least wished them good luck, but it was over now and she was gaining distance from them, something she was actually quite glad about to be honest. She was desperate but not desperate enough to get shot.

She just hoped that they knew what they were up against, because to be completely honest, she did not expect them back. 

"She ain't my kid," was all Nighteye could say before Dewdrop basically kicked them out.

He sighed and turned to everypony,

"So...Ranger, you wanna take the lead since you have the coordinates?" He asked the pony.

He looked at the others,

"As for all of you, we stick together, even if we can't trust each other we are going to need to in order to defeat these disgusting creatures, got it, so make sure you all meet everyone as we move,"