Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Hunters of the Damned

Gabriel

"I think we should go see if we can find anything from the caravan first, and you know where it is." Staunch said, sounding rather polite, cold, but polite. He then looked at the others "And Ghost is right, we should at least know what call each other." "You all heard my name already, but I don't care what you call me as long as I know you are talking to me." "So until you want to be Tin can, and pirate one and two, it could be good time for names."

"Point taken. I'm Syren, this is my captain, Virgil," Syren introduced, nodding his head towards his friend. "On the topic of weapons, we may not have any nukes, but we do have some pretty heavy duty weaponry on our ship. Could call in a drop."

Virgil frowned, half in thought and half in disapproval. "No, we'll make do with what's at hand. That stuff isn't very mobile off ship."

Syren nodded in acceptance, though he was pretty sure part of Virgil's true reasoning stemmed from his distrust of these ponies. Virgil didn't trust anyone without time and proof that they could be. It was what made him such a good captain and somepony hard to fool.

(edited)

Well, she just took up and left. Damn civvies, always running away in fear rather than fighting like real ponies. What scared her so much? Was there a rat in the building or something? He snorted at his own thoughts, just kind of standing there like a statue whilst the others were busy moving around, trying to figure out a game plan. As the polite stallion he was, he didn't even bother answering to the Ghost, knowing full well that their little game was played from the end to the finish.

It was when the call sign "tin can" was heard that he awoke, twisting his head to the direction of Staunch, carelessly wedging past the pirates in his death factory of a suit. "Who you callin' tin can?" His mechanized voice was as ominous as ever, but carried that little playful spark to it. "You'll call me Junker or you will be the tin can after I'm finished with ya. Heck, I'll pound you into a cube so tiny that it fits in my pocket!" He had been held at a gunpoint for about two to three times during the past few minutes but he still wasn't in the mood for dangling on anyone's leash. "Kidding." He replied, just to make sure that the ranger wouldn't follow through with the plans that he had put on the table on the subject of killing him. The dude was cold, somepony Junker didn't really want to piss off, mostly because he sounded like the type of pony who would amputate you and leave you for the birds if you made fun of his mother or something.

After hearing the pirates speak about their supply drops he laughed, shifting his attention from the soldier to them. "Heavy duty weaponry? Surely it ain't nothin' I couldn't handle, seeing that..." He turned his torso to their direction, chest plate now directly facing the pair of sea travelers as he unlocked his minigun and grenade chaingun, giving both short test spins before locking them back in place. "...I am a heavy duty weapon myself. I could use a couple...a couple dozen more guns like, here and there and..." He began moving his head from left to right, inspecting his own armor for any possible spots where he could attach more ordnance. 

When he realized that most of them probably wouldn't be too impressed, he shifted back to the subject at hand, throwing a look over his shoulder at Ghost. "Yea, you. Go ahead and lead us there now that you are such a tracker, got your experience from the colt scouts? What we gonna do there anyways, ask the charred remains for some directions?" He snickered.

Edited by Crewman
  • Brohoof 1

On 11/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, Crewman said:

Well, she just took up and left. Damn civvies, always running away in fear rather than fighting like real ponies. What scared her so much? Was there a rat in the building or something? He snorted at his own thoughts, just kind of standing there like a statue whilst the others were busy moving around, trying to figure out a game plan. As the polite stallion he was, he didn't even bother answering to the Ghost, knowing full well that their little game was played from the end to the finish.

It was when the call sign "tin can" was heard that he awoke, twisting his head to the direction of Staunch, carelessly wedging past the pirates in his death factory of a suit. "Who you callin' tin can?" His mechanized voice was as ominous as ever, but carried that little playful spark to it. "You'll call me Junker or you will be the tin can after I'm finished with ya. Heck, I'll pound you into a cube so tiny that it fits in my pocket!" He had been held at a gunpoint for about two to three times during the past few minutes but he still wasn't in the mood for dangling on anyone's leash. "Kidding." He replied, just to make sure that the ranger wouldn't follow through with the plans that he had put on the table on the subject of killing him. The dude was cold, somepony Junker didn't really want to piss off, mostly because he sounded like the type of pony who would amputate you and leave you for the birds if you made fun of his mother or something.

After hearing the pirates speak about their supply drops he laughed, shifting his attention from the soldier to them. "Heavy duty weaponry? Surely it ain't nothin' I couldn't handle, seeing that..." He turned his torso to their direction, chest plate now directly facing the pair of sea travelers as he unlocked his minigun and grenade chaingun, giving both short test spins before locking them back in place. "...I am a heavy duty weapon myself. I could use a couple...a couple dozen more guns like, here and there and..." He began moving his head from left to right, inspecting his own armor for any possible spots where he could attach more ordnance. 

When he realized that most of them probably wouldn't be too impressed, he shifted back to the subject at hand, throwing a look over his shoulder at Ghost. "Yea, you. Go ahead and lead us there now that you are such a tracker, got your experience from the colt scouts? What we gonna do there anyways, ask the charred remains for some directions?" He snickered.

Nighteye stayed silent, ignoring the idiot. He turned towards the ranger,

"The left over radiation should kind of help us out, but that tracker should help us anyways," he told him. Nighteye then turned back to his original direction,

"This way," he led the group towards the caravan, and once they got there he once again looked at the ranger,

"Time to see how it works," he looked at the pirates,

"You two know anything about certain materials, ya know something could be damaged that an alicorn was carrying,"

Staunch didn't give any other reaction to Junker's 'threat' than just looking at him, he had dealt with so many raiders and other freaks that Junker had to use lot more imagination in his threats to impress him. Junker, the name kinda fit the ex-raider, mostly because his armor was junk, compared to the well maintained power armors of AJ's rangers and Steel rangers that Staunch had seen on regular basis.  

He too ignored Junker's attempt to impress the pirates, but decided to answer to his question. "We are going to investigate the caravan first, because the coordinates that the civilian gave, are to location of different Alicorn than those who attacked the caravan, so we need to see the caravan in case we could find lead on the attackers' location too."

At the caravan, Staunch first used a moment to figure out how the modified receiver worked, and after figuring it out, he started looking around the remains of the caravan, searching for anything that could help with identifying the attackers and/or their way of attacking, if they used weapons, etc. He also kept his eyes open if he could find usable ammunition or something else like that. 

Edited by The Cerberus

• 3 weeks later...

Syren flicked his goggles down, searching the landscape for any heat signatures. "Not sure what you mean by that. Not a whole lotta alicorns out at sea."

"We've heard some rumors over the years about their vulnerabilities and such," Virgil answered. "Not sure how much of it is actually true. One common story is that they're susceptible to lead."

-Soooooo sorry guys!