Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Sunset Rose

9 hours ago, Duality said:

59fa9ecf06d5a_PrimeFactorPhyllotaxisSpiral.png.30ed07f15c21399dbe4c11db6d2035ba.png?

Imagine if that were a city's block map layout.

59fa9ec49a83b_TheLamp-Post(CaptainPudgeMuffin).thumb.png.24a402afd15f4cfcc4de63dd28246276.png?

That is an adorable dog-sit Pinkie Pie!

59fa9ecbaef63_Relativity(M.C.Escher).jpg.637cd57a6cfe58a2dcff1ce3ac090204.jpg?

Why does one tree seem bare like it would be fall or winter and the other on the right seems like another broadleaf with full foliage? What season is it? This world isn't normal.

59fa9ee238b2c_ManeSix(AndyPrice).jpg.154845f46645de98d9fc0990299bc8c2.jpg?

Pinkie seems so distressed. What in the world are they buying tickets for? :wacko:

8 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Imagine if that were a city's block map layout.

It's very efficiently packed, mathematically speaking, so it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to implement for the conservation of space.

That is an adorable dog-sit Pinkie Pie!

Not to mention how schnazzy she looks in a turtleneck. :P

Pinkie seems so distressed. What in the world are they buying tickets for? :wacko:

A movie.

but wait you've read the comic strip 'peanuts' before right

What are your thoughts on the tragic and horrifying death of Brian?

59fd72b7de8b5_FaeryLights(MagnaLuna).thumb.jpg.e4ef91ac00f093d02088cc3256b4335b.jpg?

What's your favourite scent?

59fd72dbcda73_FlutterFall(Otakuap).thumb.jpg.ad86ed361f07a145dc76727a98da6710.jpg?

21 minutes ago, Duality said:

but wait you've read the comic strip 'peanuts' before right

(Of course, but that could be to a carnival for all I know! What about a movie would Pinkie seem distressed about Duality? What did you do???)

22 minutes ago, Duality said:

What are your thoughts on the tragic and horrifying death of Brian?

I am not really sure what you're talking about. :wacko:

22 minutes ago, Duality said:

59fd72b7de8b5_FaeryLights(MagnaLuna).thumb.jpg.e4ef91ac00f093d02088cc3256b4335b.jpg?

Yes, absolutely. <3

23 minutes ago, Duality said:

What's your favourite scent?

Predictably it's fragrant roses. :P

23 minutes ago, Duality said:

59fd72dbcda73_FlutterFall(Otakuap).thumb.jpg.ad86ed361f07a145dc76727a98da6710.jpg?

I'm surprised you don't see this happening to pegasi more often. Having wings makes so many places a brazen new napping spot!

50 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

(Of course, but that could be to a carnival for all I know! What about a movie would Pinkie seem distressed about Duality? What did you do???)

but but but that's a classic peanuts expositional face

not distressed at all

51 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I am not really sure what you're talking about. :wacko:

THERE IS ONLY ONE BRIAN :glimmer:

Spoiler

full.gif

59fea9f69a903_Ponebert(Pony-Berserker).thumb.png.496d5bf2f8767bbf20fa7a56a74b7c77.png?

59feaa0bb5ef9_OutOfChalk(KP-ShadowSquirrel).thumb.jpg.67d65f317549fd4fd4aac889b14dfecc.jpg?

59fea9f9b6c03_TwilightIsBestPony(AC-WhiteRaven).png.1e96fae7cc96e31ef00004fb64b10e21.png?

59feaa3c74631_ClashOfPrincesses(CosmicUnicorn).thumb.png.aef2841c594a85ae3657b4caa470efe9.png?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Sunset Rose

I asked @SparklingSwirls this and I thought I would ask you as well:

"Have you ever tried drawing your avatar?"

Thank You *so* much for answering my question.

(Not this one specifically, no. I had for a while tried to draw Sunset Rose but I'm not a particularly talented artist myself.)

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Azul Maya said:

Why are you so nice? :D

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.~

35 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

So tragically beautiful...

@Sunset Rose Have you ever met your darkside?

Nice ponies often fantasize about great power if they don't possess it because there's a part of them crying out for the incorporation of the beast within. The ability to be powerful and cruel is just as important to ponies who don't have it as those who do. Because if you're monstrous but you have it under control then you don't have to feel vulnerable because you can respond to threats with confidence and perhaps be willing to treat yourself with respect and demand that others do the same. Those who conceptualize this without it often believe it's a negative force of brutality or something, but I don't believe power operates with a morality like we do. When I was younger I had quite the quick temper and I like to think that impatience was my dark side. Mostly because I tend to feel embarrassed by how I acted because of it.

Unicorns scarcely have these vulnerable feelings because we have magic, and in magic we can do so much more that other ponies cannot. We have a very versatile strength that makes us confident and mine has always been a bit more on the capable side so I've lived a fairly confident life even around other unicorns. 

(I actually had mulled over a little story of Rosie being possessed by a similar entity that turned Luna into Nightmare Moon at some point but decided it would be a tad outlandish for her. Unfortunately I've made her out to be the same old humdrum face-in-a-crowd that I am.)

@Nightmare Mirage

Well, the Princesses are alicorns and alicorns are of the most powerful beings in Equestria. As a Princess I can imagine it being nearly impossibly difficult to keep the needs of everything not as powerful as you before your own, but that's the challenge, isn't it? Somepony once said that with great power comes great responsibility. I like to imagine that Princesses Celestia, Luna, Twilight and Cadence care for us because if they didn't then I feel like we'd be forced to do an awful lot more than follow reasonable laws and be goodly to one another. Our governance is built on the backbone of friendship and that doesn't feel manipulative to me. But if it is, then I'd consider it all the more benevolent. 

But to what I imagine you're alluding to, the story of Princess Luna and Princess Celestia is a time-honored lesson that could only have been experienced by ponies as powerful as those two. I don't at all blame Princess Luna for her temporary fall from grace. When you look at everything from her perspective, it isn't difficult to say she could feel humiliated. Her role was very important, but it sure didn't seem that way to a pony who lived a life such as her, all alone in the cold dark of the great Princess Celestia's shadow. And if Princess Celestia had not been so oblivious to it, perhaps she could also have been able to help her own sister deal with her problems, but that lack emotional fellowship is exactly why we hold friendship in such high regard today. Nightmare Moon is as much a consequence of Princess Celestia's actions as it was Princess Luna's in my opinion. She's a reflection of both of their sins. 

14 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

And if Princess Celestia had not been so oblivious to it, perhaps she could also have been able to help her own sister deal with her problems, but that lack emotional fellowship is exactly why we hold friendship in such high regard today. Nightmare Moon is as much a consequence of Princess Celestia's actions as it was Princess Luna's in my opinion. She's a reflection of both of their sins. 

What can you say in the face of 'be free, nothing is wrong if thou doesn't believe it so'? It seems you are implying one's actions creates an evil in another. If such were the case, you give morals value, of which I despise.

34 minutes ago, Duality said:

@Sunset Rose

*throws down gauntlet*

FITE ME, QUESTION SNUBBER.

DO YOU ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE?

Ask me an actual question! The pictures seemed a bit lazy, sorry. ^ ^;

2 hours ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

What can you say in the face of 'be free, nothing is wrong if thou doesn't believe it so'? It seems you are implying one's actions creates an evil in another. If such were the case, you give morals value, of which I despise.

More that Princess Celestia should hold herself more accountable for much more than normal ponies such as myself, particularly when it comes to her family and the mental well-being of another alicorn. That whole great responsibility bit. As we understand it, the signs of Princess Luna's corruption were evident, and even if she is another Princess, Luna is just as much a citizen for Princess Celestia to protect as you or I. It doesn't absolve Princess Luna of Nightmare Moon, but my opinion is that it wasn't only her fault. Although... I think that while one thousand years alone in Equestria may not have had the same gravity as being banished to the moon for that long, I'm sure it wasn't easy for Princess Celestia either.

1 minute ago, Sunset Rose said:

Ask me an actual question! The pictures seemed a bit lazy, sorry. ^ ^;

Slanderous lies.

It takes more effort to go looking for masterfully-created pictures that also have the potential to incite reaction than it does to conjure up random queries from the depths of my imagination.

And that was the last set of pictures I intended to ask anyway, on account of running out of pictures that met the aforementioned criteria.

Such a mean Sunset.

So mean to Duality.

However, never let it be said that I ignore the pleads of the needy:

What's the poshest item you own?

What's the shiniest item you own?

What's the snazziest item you own?

What's the classiest item you own?

1 hour ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

Do you then suggest we love each other dearly? So as to avoid the worst we can become?

Well yes, you should love your loved ones as much as you can.

1 hour ago, Duality said:

Such a mean Sunset.

So mean to Duality.

I disagree.

Oh boy, all of these are going to be wardrobe-related I think. :squee:

Wine! I don't keep a lot of wine, (mostly because it doesn't last long in my home anyway,)  but I have a very good '96 Chateau Celestia that I've been saving. :pinkie:
(Okay, maybe not all of them...)

Even though my choker was a gift from my mother, chokers seem to find their way in my less casual outfits 100% the time. I have a really gaudy choker layered in those metallic scales you'd see on a lot of glam magazines. It goes with basically nothing, and you cannot wear it in the naked daylight. It'd be blinding. :confused:

Definitely the flamenco! :smug:

I do have my own 'little black dress' but it's less little more flowing sequin shift with a cute little belt. It's a little showy but I think it has a really classy look on me with minimalistic matte natural blush and warm eyeshadow. No blues, at least not for me in that. It's really easy to skirt the lines between classy and slutty. :wacko:

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Dear @Sunset Rose,

Which Element Of Harmony do you think you'd be best-suited to represent?

Hello A.V.!

I imagine I'd represent the element of magic. The other elements don't seem to fit as well apart from the slightly-more-than-occasional generosity.

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I disagree.

That's because you're a meanie Sunset. *pouts*

3 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Even though my choker was a gift from my mother, chokers seem to find their way in my less casual outfits 100% the time. I have a really gaudy choker layered in those metallic scales you'd see on a lot of glam magazines. It goes with basically nothing, and you cannot wear it in the naked daylight. It'd be blinding. :confused:

Sounds like a good way to punish unwanted suitors.

Burn their eyes out with sheer fashion.

4 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Definitely the flamenco! :smug:

You can't own the flamenco, silliSunset.

It's preserved under a UNESCO 'Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity' proclamation.

What's the circumference of your flexed bicep?

What's the largest thing you've ever set on fire?

What's the weirdest household object you've ever licked? (This is not a creepy question, incidentally; everyone's wondered what moving blender blades taste like.)

Is your appendix topologically equivalent to a unicorn, in your opinion?

32 minutes ago, Duality said:

You can't own the flamenco, silliSunset.

It's preserved under a UNESCO 'Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity' proclamation.

I'm not sure what 'humanity' is, but I'm pretty sure I'm not part of it. So I'm exempt from this rule!

33 minutes ago, Duality said:

What's the circumference of your flexed bicep?

If you were expecting an impressive answer you should have asked an earth pony...

I'm sure it's some number though. You could likely count on one hoof what that number is.

35 minutes ago, Duality said:

What's the largest thing you've ever set on fire?

I got to help with a local agricultural group of earth ponies at the end of their harvest season once. Part of that help was setting fire to a crop field (and containing it). I think that counts.

38 minutes ago, Duality said:

What's the weirdest household object you've ever licked? (This is not a creepy question, incidentally; everyone's wondered what moving blender blades taste like.)

I'm sure I've licked my sofa more than one time on lazy drunken nights. :scoots:

44 minutes ago, Duality said:

Is your appendix topologically equivalent to a unicorn, in your opinion?

I certainly hope it isn't. Unless a unicorn's appendix is supposed to be, in which case I certainly do!

24 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Which magic would you rather have: space-control or time-control?

I'd say either are at some degree attainable by magicians far more proficient than me, but if I had to choose full control over one concept, it might be spacial control. I can't even imagine the damage you could do by controlling time itself, but if I could blink myself and a mountain to another universe entirely, that would be a bit more to control reasonably than warping around in time.

What about you, what would you choose?

8 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I'm not sure what 'humanity' is, but I'm pretty sure I'm not part of it. So I'm exempt from this rule!

Actually, I pulled some strings to make you an honorary human solely to stop you from being exempt.

*cackles manically*

10 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

If you were expecting an impressive answer you should have asked an earth pony...

I'm sure it's some number though. You could likely count on one hoof what that number is.

If you can count it on a single hoof that means the number is probably one.

The question then arises: what is the unit correlated with the number?

One foot? One inch? One mile? One hour? One bushel? One solid-gold centrifugal water purifier?

14 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I certainly hope it isn't. Unless a unicorn's appendix is supposed to be, in which case I certainly do!

Well, it's an opinion-based question, so it's up to you to decide.

What's your favourite dancing technique/style?

What's your favourite equation?

What's your favourite button?

What's your favourite useless object?

13 hours ago, Duality said:

One foot? One inch? One mile? One hour? One bushel? One solid-gold centrifugal water purifier?

One metric hoof.

What's your favourite dancing technique/style?

Salsa, carimbo, maxixe! Can you lambada? I love high energy duets. 

What's your favourite equation?

I didn't know you could have a favorite equation, but now I'm going to have to find one. What would be yours?

What's your favourite button?

Certainly not the big red one. I would never press that button, not me.

What's your favourite useless object?

That actually raises another question. Can if really be considered useless if it's your favorite of something? You like that thing very much, surely that's the purpose it serves. I left a music box my father gave me in my old room back at their house in Trottingham. It's been broken for a long time but I still love it.

7 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

One metric hoof.

Metric hooves? I heard Twilight once quantify the height of something in feet; is that an Imperial measurement?

Salsa, carimbo, maxixe! Can you lambada? I love high energy duets. 

I can lambda, but only under certain mathematical circumstances.

I didn't know you could have a favorite equation, but now I'm going to have to find one. What would be yours?

Probably sum_(n=1)^(infty)1/(n^s) = product_(k=1)^(infty)1/(1-1/(p_k^s)), which is called the 'Euler Product Formula for the Riemann Zeta Function' but should really have a more succinct name due to its incredible ramifications in the field of number theory.

Certainly not the big red one. I would never press that button, not me.

*remains thoroughly unconvinced*

That actually raises another question. Can if really be considered useless if it's your favorite of something? You like that thing very much, surely that's the purpose it serves. I left a music box my father gave me in my old room back at their house in Trottingham. It's been broken for a long time but I still love it.

My cousin once gave me a broken car piston as a gift. It's certainly my favourite broken car piston out of all my possessions and occupies a prized display location on the top shelf of my bookcase, but I'm under no illusion that it is of any use to me whatsoever. Value, perhaps, but certainly not use. :P

What's your favourite fictional system of magic?

What's the one thing in all the world that interests you the most, whether abstract or tangible?

If you could do only one thing for only one person before you died, what would it be?

What's the best sculpture you've ever seen?

Edited by Duality