Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Sunset Rose

10 minutes ago, Cash In said:

Hello @Sunset Rose.

I remember hearing that you like playing video games. What games are your favourite? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

(I do from time to time, yeah. I really like Pokemon and Monster Hunter- my husband got me into Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls games as well. I think more these days I play a lot of puzzle games more than anything. Tetris is a longtime favorite of mine. :))

Just now, Sunset Rose said:

(I do from time to time, yeah. I really like Pokemon and Monster Hunter- my husband got me into Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls games as well. I think more these days I play a lot of puzzle games more than anything. Tetris is a longtime favorite of mine. :))

Those are all rather good choices.

I'm a huge Pokemon fan myself. I'm not brave enough to play Dark Souls, so hats off to you two for finding enjoyment with it. Playing the original Ninja Gaiden without breaking, was certainly enough for me :please:.

• Brohoof 1

@Nightfall Gloam

To me the most difficult thing to do was sending the princess a message telling her that she had borrowed her class' textbooks for far too long, reminding her that the crown had now bought them. They were on-loan... You start to wonder how many liberties an immortal alicorn like Princess Celestia may take, but it turns out she can sometimes just be forgetful. And busy. Which I should have been very aware of with firsthoof experience and all.

(Although if you were asking me personally, I think the most difficult thing was having our phone system dumped in my lap and having to translate directions so I could figure out how to rebuild our entire workflow after an outage. Overnight. cx )

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Sunset Rose! I'm not sure I've ever asked you any questions. Now seems like a good time! :P

What are your favorite colors?

Do you read very much? If so, what kinds of things do you like to read?

What does a typical weekday look like for you?

What do you like to do on the weekends?

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Hello there Sunset Rose! I'm not sure I've ever asked you any questions. Now seems like a good time! :P

Hi Soren!

1 hour ago, Soren Peregrine said:

What are your favorite colors?

Violet and pink are my favorites. :)

Do you read very much? If so, what kinds of things do you like to read?

Oh... you could say that. :mlp_icwudt:

I read quite a bit, and the genres are all over the place. I've always got a romance cracked open and sci-fi is a favorite genre of mine as well, but I'm not genre or age-restrictive. I'll read anything if it's interesting and well-written.

What does a typical weekday look like for you?

I work most of the week, and on my time off I spend a lot of time reading and gardening. I'm a simple pony. ^ ^
Sometimes I'll spend time in-town but Canterlot is a busy place. It can be draining just to get from one place to another sometimes.

What do you like to do on the weekends?

The usual for my weekend would consist of me sleeping in a little bit, tidying up around the house and getting caught up on things like news and town functions. But when all of that is sorted, it's time for hobbies! If I have the time for it over the weekend then I will fly to the Everfree Forest and do a bit of exploring and research. The fun stuff. :P

2 hours ago, Califorum said:

What are you up to, today?

(Stressing out over work, which is becoming the norm with me lately. 9~6 )

10 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Do you play Pokemon by any chance?

If so, two questions:

1. What is your favourite generation?
  2. Who is your favourite Pokemon?

(I have played Pokemon religiously since the first generation. It's one of my favorite series. ^ ^

For your questions... That's a hard one, I like most of them a lot... but I would have to say 3, 4, and 5 were my favorites. Of the three, if I had to choose one to play I would have to say 4 since that's the one I put the most time into. Choosing a favorite pokemon is always so hard! I would say either Milotic or Raichu. I have so many favorites, but those two have been my babies since I first saw them. :) )

Just now, Sunset Rose said:

(I have played Pokemon religiously since the first generation. It's one of my favorite series. ^ ^

For your questions... That's a hard one, I like most of them a lot... but I would have to say 3, 4, and 5 were my favorites. Of the three, if I had to choose one to play I would have to say 4 since that's the one I put the most time into. Choosing a favorite Pokemon is always so hard! I would say either Milotic or Raichu. I have so many favorites, but those two have been a constant. :) )

Awesome!

I've known about Pokemon since my early childhood back when gen 3 and the GameBoy Advance was still new, but gen 4 was when I actually got into Pokemon, and it is also my favourite generation for that reason! For my personal favourite Pokemon, they're starters but its pretty much a draw between Turtwig and Mudkip.

Also, I've been planning on giving Monster Hunter a shot and hopefully getting into it, what game from that series would you recommend for a newcomer?

1 minute ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Awesome!

I've known about Pokemon since my early childhood back when gen 3 and the GameBoy Advance was still new, but gen 4 was when I actually got into Pokemon, and it is also my favourite generation for that reason! For my personal favourite Pokemon, they're starters but its pretty much a draw between Turtwig and Mudkip.

Also, I've been planning on giving Monster Hunter a shot and hopefully getting into it, what game from that series would you recommend for a newcomer?

(Monster Hunter is a very fun game, but it can be really hard for beginners. There's a lot to learn and a lot to memorize, but it's really fun and rewarding. Depending on what consoles you have available to you, you could start with any of them really, but Monster Hunter World is probably the most accessible. Just know that World isn't really representitive of the rest of the series. It's prettier and has more dynamic environments than the other games, but it's very different. And very easy. If I had to make a hard suggestion, I would say when MH Generations Ultimate releases on 28 Aug. then pick that up since it'll be the largest Monster Hunter game ever, just know it's way harder than World ever will be with hundreds and hundreds of hours of content.

I originally started with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and then I played every other MH that's released since then and even went back and played 3 Ultimate and the Freedom Unite games. I am definitely a fan. ^ ^ )

16 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, @Sunset Rose!

I was wondering: "What do you consider yourself to be a bigger fan of, reading or Twilight Sparkle?" 

*Psst* Pick me & I'll give you ALL of the books in my library. :o

Twilight Sparkle, no question. ^ ^

10 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Twilight Sparkle, no question. ^ ^

"Would you rather have a friend with Twilight Sparkle's personality or a pet that you could name after Twilight Sparkle?"

(I hope I haven't asked this already.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Would you rather have a friend with Twilight Sparkle's personality or a pet that you could name after Twilight Sparkle?"

(I hope I haven't asked this already.)

I'd rather make another friend with Twilight's personality for sure. Naming my pet Twilight Sparkle would be a little past adoration and into creepy, I think. ^ ^;

3 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

What are your thoughts on Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

(I have it, but I haven't played much of it yet. It seems pretty fun so far. I don't really know why it hasn't really grabbed my attention yet, but I'm sure it will some day. Do you like it- well... I guess a better question would be 'Does anyone not like it?'...)

On 5/19/2018 at 12:27 AM, Sunset Rose said:

Several years at least. I've had this job since I finished up at Celestia's School. It's good practice to do one up every now and then but I just haven't done it.

Fair enough; it's hardly like an employee like you would ever be fired unless the entire company is going down. :pout:

On 5/19/2018 at 12:27 AM, Sunset Rose said:

Let's say 5.

Repeat after me: 'I am still young...'

How paranoid are you on a scale of one to flat-earther?

What are you planning to do on your birthday?

If you could have free fanart of one thing from any intellectual property, what would the one thing be?

Which is your most-used response out of yes or no?

10 hours ago, Duality said:

How paranoid are you on a scale of one to flat-earther?

I'd probably say 2, just because I'm not exactly a free spirit, but I don't really stress about things too much outside of work.

What are you planning to do on your birthday?

I need to do something special this year! I haven't planned anything yet- my birthday is still some time away, but I do want to do something fun. What do you think?

If you could have free fanart of one thing from any intellectual property, what would the one thing be?

Illustrations of a story I've written. Sometimes even one or two drawings really compliment a scene. :)

Which is your most-used response out of yes or no?

Probably "Thank you" unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

How much sleep do you get?

Do you usually feel tired or refreshed when you wake up in the morning?

Are you a morning person?

Do your dreams seem to be more about real life, if a bit weird, or extremely strange and fantastical?

Do you know what sleep paralysis is? If so, have you ever experienced it?

23 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

How much sleep do you get?

Uhh, a little on the shallow side but I'm not too sleep-deprived or anything. Maybe 6 hours.

23 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Do you usually feel tired or refreshed when you wake up in the morning?

Normally very tired, but that's why I take my baths in the morning. They're great at waking me up. ^ ^

24 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Are you a morning person?

I am! While I am very tired in the morning, I do very much prefer to get before the sun is up so I can rise and shine with it.

25 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Do your dreams seem to be more about real life, if a bit weird, or extremely strange and fantastical?

I used to be a magic major in school and I read a lot of fictions, so most of my dreams are a little wild conceptually. :p
Often times I will dream of places I have never been- settings I could never visit, or magic I've only every fantasized about.

I do occasionally have those weird little short dreams that seem more like memories from time to time. Like maybe I had a dream about spending a few bits on a loaf of bread or something and then wake up believing I had actually done that.

28 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Do you know what sleep paralysis is? If so, have you ever experienced it?

I do know what it is, but thankfully I have never experienced it. I hear that princess Luna is actually very good at preventing that in ponies, but I wouldn't know how she does it.

12 hours ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Sunset rose will you follow me on the forums.

(I follow people I take a personal interest in. ^ ^; )