Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Sunset Rose

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, Sunset Rose said:

@PathfinderCS

I haven't been outside of Equestria, unfortunately. If the opportunity ever presented itself, (and I came across some way of making it possible,) I'd want to see how life is in Aquastria, under the waves.

Would you be interested in joining my colleagues and I for an archeological excavation sometime? We haven't journeyed to Aquastria, but there are plenty of underwater ruins which would allow you the opportunity to visit the area if you prefer.

7 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

(I actually had to go count them and account for the two I left at work and around the house. You asked what they were as well but... I don't really have to time to mark them all down, haha.)

Most people I ask that question have so few books that they can tell you exactly what each of them are titled. :P

From most to least; chai tea, red wine, (strong) black teas, coffee, water.

should i be worried

If it's already something I can't understand, how would I answer this? 

Whatever concept you think would be most relevant or rewarding or just plain interesting for you to know about.

How many notable coincidences have occurred in your life, if any?

How is it that all sentient beings experience 'now' at the same time?

Who do you hug the most often, on average?

What are your thoughts on mathematics?

@PathfinderCS

That sounds like a great idea!

@Duality

1) That's a tough one. I can't think of any off the top of my head, other than the occasional instance where I'd be thinking of a pony I haven't seen in a while and they'd just appear from around the corner or knock on my door or something to that effect.

2) Why is it that you think they do?

3) I guess that might either be my coworker/boss or my parents. I don't often get the opportunity for hugs.

4) Physics and mathematics are the language of the universe. It explains who we are, where we come from and how we got here. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Sunset Rose said:

Why is it that you think they do?

you got me

1 hour ago, Sunset Rose said:

I guess that might either be my coworker/boss or my parents. I don't often get the opportunity for hugs.

Few do. Sad, that.

What is the weirdest item you own?

What is the most impressive item you own?

What is the oldest item you own?

What is the most valuable item you own (whether monetary or sentimental value), excluding the obvious choice of your choker?

@Duality

1) I think the weirdest thing I own might be this little ball of obsidian. There's really no reason to have it, it's just... pretty.

2) I have to think about this, I actually don't think there's anything in my house a burglar would want to steal... I have a wine cellar hidden (from my father, mostly) under a rug in my kitchen. It's not any bigger than a pony itself, but there is a very good, expensive red wine hidden in there. I suppose it would maybe be that. I'm not sure if it's more impressive than any of my 1st editions or not.

3) It would be a book (oho, so original Rosie...) that my mother and father made for me when they first left me here in Canterlot. It's a scrapbook of my life as a student that they made the day I moved into my first home, and they moved back to Trottingham. 

4) Actually, that would be answers 2 and 3 as well if I can't say my choker. 

2 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

I think the weirdest thing I own might be this little ball of obsidian. There's really no reason to have it, it's just... pretty.

Oooooh, nifty. Where'd you acquire such a singular item, may I ask?

It's not any bigger than a pony itself, but there is a very good, expensive red wine hidden in there.

What vintage?

It would be a book (oho, so original Rosie...) that my mother and father made for me when they first left me here in Canterlot. It's a scrapbook of my life as a student that they made the day I moved into my first home, and they moved back to Trottingham. 

That's nice of them.

Going out on your own is just that much easier when you take a few memories of home with you.

What is the most interesting place you've ever visited?

What is the longest you've ever gone without sleeping?

If you could choose a single tool that would last you the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?

What is your single favourite piece of artwork, of any genre/type?

1) Everfree Forest

2) Oh I'm a lightweight when it comes to sleep, I've pulled all-nighters, but not many. 

3) A pen, because I can't write with magic.

4) Probably this painting of me at the Gala just because it turned out so pretty! It's years old but it's still my favorite.

6 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Oh I'm a lightweight when it comes to sleep, I've pulled all-nighters, but not many. 

Still heavier-weight than me.

Haven't even attempted an all-nighter yet. :P

Probably this painting of me at the Gala just because it turned out so pretty! It's years old but it's still my favorite.

No, no, I mean your single favourite piece of artwork out of any piece of art in existence.

Pona Lisa, Amareican Gothic, any piece of art.

Or does that painting of you still come out on top?

If you had the superpower of telekinetically hitting ponies with a single object - with nil magical energy expenditure, regardless of the object's mass or your distance from the ponies in question -, what would that object be?

If you could have a single pocket-sized pet version of an animal to be your faithful companion wherever you go, which animal would you choose?

What is the single most physically painful event you've ever experienced?

What is the most interesting pattern you've ever seen?

Edited by Duality

@Duality

1) They would get magical socks thrown at them until they stopped coming by to ask about grazing on my lawn!

2) What an adorable question! I would honestly say an owl, but Princess Twilight has one herself. If I could keep it in check, then a tiny timberwolf would actually be a really interesting companion.

3) It would have been while I was still in school. I was just getting interested in plant life. When I was a teenager I was actually quite moody and easily frustrated. Of all things, I was getting myself more interested in botany because I didn't really quite understand my cutie mark all that much. I loved literature, sure, but was the rose really just due to my name? I was working through the budding stage of various flowering plants- mostly roses, of course- and at one point I was so impatient and frustrated with my lack of understanding that I used my magic to attempt to force my experiment through it's natural progression. Unicorn magic is a fickle thing though, all of that frustration had seeped into my magic and as I fed it into the roses, their stalks grew alright... and they grew pretty immensely at that. They also seemed to inherit my vigorous anger and before I knew it they'd grown so big and so out of control that I was very quickly trying to find a way out of the campus greenhouse, but found myself tangled as the stalks were still growing. Unfortunately with me stuck, that meant the thorns grew into me- I had very deep puncture wounds and cuts all over me and it was excruciatingly, agonizingly painful. Thankfully an instructor heard me screaming and helped kill off the roses before they turned me into shredded paper. 

I learned several things that day. Not among them was the reason for the rose-tip on the quill in my cutie mark. 

4) Natural fractal patterns that grow and dictate the structure of a flowering plant. It actually grows similarly all around us, but that's my favorite representation of it. Predictable! (Flowers in general, but roses are the most striking to me.)

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

They would get magical socks thrown at them until they stopped coming by to ask about grazing on my lawn!

I'd probably ask about grazing on your lawn just so I could get replacements for all of my socks that go missing in the wash. ^_^

What an adorable question! I would honestly say an owl, but Princess Twilight has one herself. If I could keep it in check, then a tiny timberwolf would actually be a really interesting companion.

fear meh

i am teh forest

rawr ~

Thankfully an instructor heard me screaming and helped kill off the roses before they turned me into shredded paper. 

Yet another terrifying reason why Equestria is the worst travel destination. :blink:

Natural fractal patterns that grow and dictate the structure of a flowering plant. It actually grows similarly all around us, but that's my favorite representation of it. Predictable! (Flowers in general, but roses are the most striking to me.)

Image result for golden spiral in nature

^ Do you mean the Golden Spiral?

What's your favourite quote for any and all situations?

What is time?

How often do you allow yourself to become sleep deprived?

What's the densest item you own?

37 minutes ago, Duality said:

^ Do you mean the Golden Spiral?

That is a beautiful example, yes. ^ ^

(I will preface this and say that I'm drunk and will probably make less sense than usual.)

1) "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." 

2) I like to see it as an something we've come up with to use as a variable to tie to things that have happened before. Time isn't a thing you can see or feel, it's a dimensional progression of events. There is no concept where you say 'without time' because I don't think we can really imagine anything at all without time accurately. 

3) Uhhh, I would say rarely. Even on weekends I tend to only stay up a couple hours later, but still sleep in or nap throughout the day. I need my rest.

4) I think it might be the granite countertops in my kitchen but in terms of something you can hold and interact with... I actually don't know!

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." 

That's. . .vaguely terrifying.

13 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

I think it might be the granite countertops in my kitchen but in terms of something you can hold and interact with... I actually don't know!

Probably your choker, if it's made out of gold, unless you have something made out of lead.

What's the highest you've ever counted in a single unbroken try?

What's the loudest thing you've ever heard?

What's the longest you've ever slept in one go?

3 hours ago, Duality said:

That's. . .vaguely terrifying.

It's just a story, it's just a story. ;) 

3 hours ago, Duality said:

Probably your choker, if it's made out of gold, unless you have something made out of lead.

Well it is a lovely lovely thing, but it certainly isn't made of gold! Neither my parents nor myself could afford something like that. The choker itself is a cloth of some description and the heart centerpiece is actually just quartz. But I have several centerpieces! (None of which are made of anything pretty or expensive... Hey, I'm not the most wealthy of ponies, cut me some slack!)

1) I think this may be a bit unrelated- I don't really just count to myself, but there was a time at the book store where we'd lost our documentation and my coworker was bedridden with the flu, so I had to catalogue the entire store myself! That included counting everything we had, which turned out to be just over 3,000. I actually really enjoyed myself with that. So I think that fits as an answer.

2) You know lately one of the elements of harmony has joined the Wonderbolts and she has this maneuver that can only be done when breaking the sound barrier. I went to one of their shows to see this one day, and sonicbooms are surprisingly deafening...

3) Related to a question you asked before, it would have been after I was hospitalized for my really silly abject pincushioning. I was told that I slept for almost two days afterwards... A lot of time has passed since then and I sleep fairly often, so I don't know if it's the most accurate answer but it is the most relevant one.

3 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Well it is a lovely lovely thing, but it certainly isn't made of gold! Neither my parents nor myself could afford something like that. The choker itself is a cloth of some description and the heart centerpiece is actually just quartz. But I have several centerpieces! (None of which are made of anything pretty or expensive... Hey, I'm not the most wealthy of ponies, cut me some slack!)

Low-karat gold can be pretty cheap, but I see your point.

Have you got any amethyst centrepiece/s? That tends towards the less-lucrative side, and it'd match your eyes well if you managed to find the right hue, methinks. Or even opalite; despite the fact that it's just treated glass, it can be very pretty indeed.

3 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

I think this may be a bit unrelated- I don't really just count to myself, but there was a time at the book store where we'd lost our documentation and my coworker was bedridden with the flu, so I had to catalogue the entire store myself! That included counting everything we had, which turned out to be just over 3,000. I actually really enjoyed myself with that. So I think that fits as an answer.

That definitely fits as an answer.

Most interesting one I've had to that question, too.

What do you do most regularly, every week without fail?

What are the most thought-provoking quotes, books, and/or ideas you've ever come across?

What is your favourite colour that isn't one of the primary or secondary colours?

Who is your favourite relative?

On 10/13/2017 at 8:35 PM, Duality said:

Have you got any amethyst centrepiece/s? That tends towards the less-lucrative side, and it'd match your eyes well if you managed to find the right hue, methinks. Or even opalite; despite the fact that it's just treated glass, it can be very pretty indeed.

Unfortunately all of them are quartz except one. I have a pink andesine centerpiece of a rose that was given to me by somepony special. I don't even wear it on special occasions- gifts from friends are rare. (If only because I don't tend to make them very often...)

1) Well... the honest answer is that I read a lot, but that likely wasn't the most unpredictable answer. A more interesting answer would have come from when I was still in school, I suppose. When you live in the dorms at Celestia's school, you would have to be a sorcerer of high repute to have a home lavish enough for a bath. I was lucky to have a friend who would allow me to use hers from time to time, but every night I would still have a habit of using that district of Canterlot's public bath houses. It would have been around the time my parents had moved back to Trottingham and I was learning how to deal with being lonesome all the time, so I would do a lot of my reading after classes in the bath house. If only because there were ponies of my age around me, and I didn't want to miss my parents as terribly on top of the stress of school.

2) There is a reporter who publishes these outlandish and extraordinary streams of conscience in the news scroll that I get every week. He often talks about the royal sisters and what potentials they would have were they not so royal anymore. One idea of his that really struck me was if Princess Luna actually dictated her nightly excursions through others' dreams and nightmares and published it as a journal. The dream realm is a fascinating topic because one's imagination when they're conscious and when they aren't are said to be two radically different things and I would love see the world that Princess Luna watches over. If her and I could switch places for 10 years, I think I would actually never read fiction again. I imagine the things your mind conjure up in your sleep are just as wild and fantastic, but with a more honest connection to you and your emotions without being muddled and mistranslated on paper.

3) Lavender is a beautiful color and it is one of the most calming and welcoming for me. To me it represents beauty, ardor and requiescence.

4) You see, my family is very small. I have no siblings, aunts or uncles, and both sets of grandparents have passed away. It would make them smile ear to ear to hear me say it aloud, but my parents are all I have and all that I love. But even if they weren't I am very lucky to have such a patient and supportive mother and father. I can't say who I'm more close to- the question would be too cruel, but I love them both very much and even if we don't live near each other, I don't know what I would be without them. 

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, Sunset Rose said:

I would love see the world that Princess Luna watches over. If her and I could switch places for 10 years, I think I would actually never read fiction again. I imagine the things your mind conjure up in your sleep are just as wild and fantastic, but with a more honest connection to you and your emotions without being muddled and mistranslated on paper.

My brother doesn't really have any dreams connected to him and/or his emotions, but they're certainly wild and fantastic enough to make up the difference. One of the more memorable ones consisted in its entirety of him driving a jeep loaded with gold relics through the Great Pyramid with Tutankhamen riding shotgun - no apparent reason, goal, or motive whatsoever, his mind just decided that it wanted him to aimlessly drive around in a jeep the whole night.

And my mother's dreams are the complete opposite - characteristically connected to her and her emotions, but disturbingly realistic -, with something of a topical trend towards her trying to get everyone to safety in event of a fire/tsunami/earthquake/building collapse/gunman attack/hurricane/etc. and failing to do so, subsequently usually watching them die from a distance too remote to intervene.

But my family's something of a special case in most aspects, so it's seems likely that dreamwalking wouldn't yield quite such observational alternation between the two extremes of confusing and depressing dreams.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, Sunset Rose said:

Lavender is a beautiful color and it is one of the most calming and welcoming for me. To me it represents beauty, ardor and requiescence.

Well said.

Why?

Are you sure about that?

What is the best material for use in making cutlery, in your opinion?

What is the best single gemstone featured in MLP, in your opinion?

@Duality

1) For science?

2) I'm never sure about anything.

3) Wouldn't it be amazing if your cutlery were also food? Imagine hay fries that you'd eat with, but when you took a bite you'd also eat a prong of the fork.

4) I don't know the type of stone it is, but the gems in the Pink Heart of Courage awards look really beautiful. If they're not a rose girasol or something similar then whatever they're made of, that.

For science?

Good answer.

Wouldn't it be amazing if your cutlery were also food? Imagine hay fries that you'd eat with, but when you took a bite you'd also eat a prong of the fork.

They already do this.

Potato-starch disposable/edible cutlery.

It's a brilliant idea.

Would you rather have your bones broken by sticks or stones?

How do the words 'predatory mustache' make you feel?

Who is your favourite poet?

Have you ever read 'Calvin and Hobbes'?

@Duality

1) I would... rather not have my bones broken at all if that's alright.

2) Conflicted. Mustaches are suave and debonair but I'm sure predatory ones probably aren't safe to keep around your pets. 

3) That's a good question because I don't actually read a lot of poetry. I'll have to give you an unsuitable answer ans say Sestet Frost (Robert Frost. Couldn't think of a good pony name...) because it's what I was most exposed to when still reading it.

4) I have! But it's been a long time since I read them regularly. I've had my eye on the complete works, but it's never a priority thing in that price range for me, unfortunately.

Edited by Guest

Conflicted. Mustaches are suave and debonair but I'm sure predatory ones probably aren't safe to keep around your pets. 

Assuming, of course, that they'd restrict their diet to pets. . .

That's a good question because I don't actually read a lot of poetry. I'll have to give you an unsuitable answer ans say Sestet Frost (Robert Frost. Couldn't think of a good pony name...) because it's what I was most exposed to when still reading it.

Some interesting poems he's got.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening has this captivating sense of wonder permeating it.

What is the longest you've ever waited expectantly for something?

What is the single largest amount of money you've ever physically possessed in coins?

pewpewpew?

What's the funniest thing you or someone you know has ever accidentally done?

@Duality

1) It was actually an artwork commission. I waited for two years for a person to finish two images for me, and out of the blue one day they message me and everyone else that had been waiting on artwork from this individual that they had 12 hours to the question "Do you still want your commission?" or else they forfeit their payment. Needless to say, I don't think that artist has had any more business because I certainly wasn't the only person waiting that long.

2) I had to buy my house from an elderly mare after I had graduated from school, but thankfully I had been saving everything I had made up to that point and my parents had helped chip in when they could to save a little over 1,000 bits to help me afford my home. 

3) To some uncouth unicorns, you could be asking them to zap you as a greeting. Be careful or you could evaporate!

4) So remember how I used to study with Twilight and Moondancer? Those two were friends before Twilight and I had met, but that girl was a machine when it came to studying. She would be in the library for 8, 10, 12 or more hours at a time, which seems fine now but when we were just little fillies that's a bit much. Her and Moondancer were already friends when we were in our first years, but in the library Twilight would pile up mountains of books to marathon for a class! Moondancer and I would be studying for an hour at a time or so, but Twilight would be swimming in tomes all day. Once she'd finish one spire of paper, she'd start on another, so Moondancer decided that on one day she'd try and build a book fort around Twi with what she'd brought to the table and it was funny because Twilight didn't notice she was enclosed in books until she had to get up from her seat after finishing all of them. She ran right into the book fort and they all buried her. She poked her head through the book rubble and mused aloud that she accidentally did that herself and praised her own subconscious ingenuity so Moondancer and I had a really good laugh out of that.

Edited by Guest

59e80c7be0fd0_ElementsofFreedom.jpg.4a4c124329bbccd793b1524097c0e520.jpg

I made these OCs to be the bearers of the Elements of Freedom, similiar to how Twilight and her friends are the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. do you like the drawing?

Edited by IsraelYabuki

19 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

It was actually an artwork commission. I waited for two years for a person to finish two images for me, and out of the blue one day they message me and everyone else that had been waiting on artwork from this individual that they had 12 hours to the question "Do you still want your commission?" or else they forfeit their payment. Needless to say, I don't think that artist has had any more business because I certainly wasn't the only person waiting that long.

Ouch.

19 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

To some uncouth unicorns, you could be asking them to zap you as a greeting. Be careful or you could evaporate!

That's certainly a novel way of greeting ponies. :ooh:

Did you figure that out the hard way?

Who is your favourite user on these forums (besides the obvious answer of me, of course :orly:)?

What is the most intentionally impressively intelligent thing you've ever said in someone else's presence?

What is the most delectably delicious thing you've ever eaten?

What is the longest period of time for which you have worn a single sticker?

@IsraelYabuki

They seem pretty anime-inspired. Something Fluttershy might dream up.

4 hours ago, Duality said:

That's certainly a novel way of greeting ponies. :ooh:

Did you figure that out the hard way?

Well no, but you read about it when people come back from adventures and explorations in the west or as far south as the Forbidden Jungle.

1) I couldn't answer that, I have a lot of favorites. 

2) Forks go on the left, spoons on the right?

3) Have you ever heard of ponna cotta? It's the most sinfully delicious thing in Equestria. They make it back home but I've been trying to get my mother to send me a recipe. It's a bit on the heavy side but oh my goodness it's wonderful.

4) I can't remember ever having -worn- a sticker, but I certainly used to decorate folders and organizational dividers with them!