Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Sunset Rose

8 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

I couldn't answer that, I have a lot of favorites. 

Top 50.

Go wild.

Forks go on the left, spoons on the right?

Brilliant.

So rare to find someone who knows how to set a table nowadays.

Have you ever heard of ponna cotta? It's the most sinfully delicious thing in Equestria. They make it back home but I've been trying to get my mother to send me a recipe. It's a bit on the heavy side but it's wonderful.

I need this in my life.

I can't remember ever having -worn- a sticker, but I certainly used to decorate folders and organizational dividers with them!

B+.

Pretty good but could be moar stickery.

What is the weirdest question you've ever been asked (besides this one, that is)?

What is thy foulest foolery?

Which is better, hot pizza or buttered chocolate croissant?

Why do you not wear stickers more often?

@Duality

If you're fishing for your placing, then I'll say you're at least top 3!

If you make ponna cotta with jello instead of jam it take a long time but it wreaks less havoc on your diet, if you're on one. You should give it a try.

1) Someone asked me out once and I turned them down, so they asked if my mom was single instead... :confused:

2) I'm desensitized to quite a lot. Ghastly things like murder and famine should still horrify me but the gravity just isn't there anymore. 

3) I'll say pizza because I could top it with anything. 

4) I'm not 13 anymore. :P

@GrimGrimoire

Lavender! For the same reasons as answered earlier in here;

On 10/15/2017 at 1:51 AM, Sunset Rose said:

3) Lavender is a beautiful color and it is one of the most calming and welcoming for me. To me it represents beauty, ardor and requiescence.

Lavender! For the same reasons as answered earlier in here;

I see you dodged the Gnome question.... smart... very smart....

Bonus Question for 20 space dollars: What would be the hat to end all hats? What WOULD YOU wear on your head that would make people stop what they are doing and stare in awe and amazement?

1 hour ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I see you dodged the Gnome question.... smart... very smart....

Bonus Question for 20 space dollars: What would be the hat to end all hats? What WOULD YOU wear on your head that would make people stop what they are doing and stare in awe and amazement?

I actually missed the garden gnomes question, sorry about that! I think they're a charming addition to larger gardens. ^ ^

As for your bonus question; Literally anything that is the size of a hat, but isn't meant to be a hat.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

I actually missed the garden gnomes question, sorry about that! I think they're a charming addition to larger gardens. ^ ^

As for your bonus question; Literally anything that is the size of a hat, but isn't meant to be a hat.

Of course they are.. of course.

So that was you I saw downtown running around with the bedpan on your head. Worst pirate hat ever Rosie.

So final question for tonight. Going trick or treating? Or just give out candy to the kids? Or are you going to be a Halloween Grinch and buy the candy for the kids and keep it all for yourself?

P.S. Save me some snickers.

P.P.S. If you don't I am totally TPing your house. :sneer:

• Brohoof 1

@GrimGrimoire

I would have went trick or treating about 25 years ago... But I do give them out from home still. That's the plan this year. ^ ^

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Sunset Rose said:

If you're fishing for your placing, then I'll say you're at least top 3!

I was actually fishing for a list of interesting people to go stalk, but thanks! :D

If you make ponna cotta with jello instead of jam it take a long time but it wreaks less havoc on your diet, if you're on one. You should give it a try.

I'm too skinny to diet, so I'll go for the maximum-sugar version, methinks. ^_^

Someone asked me out once and I turned them down, so they asked if my mom was single instead... 

Okay, yes, that is straight terrifying. :confused:

I'm not 13 anymore.

My mother wore stickers when she was in her 40s, and liked it!

Age is of no consequence when it comes to the glorious sparkliness of a sticker. :proud:

What's the most interesting thing you've ever found at a beach?

What's the creepiest thing you've ever found at a beach?

What's the most interesting/thought-provoking question you've ever heard?

What's the coolest pen/pencil/writing implement you've ever seen?

54 minutes ago, Duality said:

My mother wore stickers when she was in her 40s, and liked it!

Age is of no consequence when it comes to the glorious sparkliness of a sticker. :proud:

I'll be there before I know it, maybe my affinity for stickers will come back to me.

1) The island that Trottingham sits on is mostly coastline, so I've found all kinds when I visit my parents. I think maybe the most interesting of them would have been a stone with what looked to be a really old rune carved into it. It's probably just a design etched into a rock, but I can imagine that I found something interesting.

2) I swear one night when I was out for a late stroll I saw the coastline itself roil and churn like it were a living thing. It seemed to move fuzzily until I got closer, and then things went back to normal. It was certainly an eerie experience, but it was probably all in my head. Probably.

3) "What if I were wrong?" Seriously, so simple a question has helped me challenge and reform my own ideas so many times. 

4) My coworker has to occasionally use a cane to get around, and he actually has a quill built into the knob of it, it's actually kind of amazing. I've never hoped for a limp more than the first time he signed a document with his cane.

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:

What is your current occupation and where did you go to school?

I'm a clerk and keeper at a (mostly referential) book store and I was actually a classmate of Twilight Sparkle's. I'm just a bit older than her. ^ ^

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

The island that Trottingham sits on is mostly coastline, so I've found all kinds when I visit my parents. I think maybe the most interesting of them would have been a stone with what looked to be a really old rune carved into it. It's probably just a design etched into a rock, but I can imagine that I found something interesting.

Ooooooh, that sounds nifty.

Do you still have it?

19 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

My coworker has to occasionally use a cane to get around, and he actually has a quill built into the knob of it, it's actually kind of amazing. I've never hoped for a limp more than the first time he signed a document with his cane.

Wow. I need me one of those.

You don't have to have a limp to have a cane, apparently, I've heard they're coming back into their own as a fashion accessory.

In what ways are you extroverted?

In what ways are you introverted?

How much Latin do you know?

What is the most thought-provoking piece of art that you've ever seen?

Edited by Duality

@Duality

I don't still have the rune, no. My father thought it was neat and wanted it, so I gave it to him.

1) I think of myself as approachable and I'm not really shy of other ponies at all. I don't find eye contact difficult or uncomfortable and I like open dialogue.

2) I'm not interested in dating, I have a great deal of trouble staying relevant to friends and subsequently keeping them and I don't spend a great deal of time actively seeking out new acquaintanceships.

3) Off the top of my head, not much. A lot of our language is derived from it, so subconsciously, probably a lot more than I realize.

4) I wouldn't be able to pick out a single piece, but my favorite artist is named Klaufir. You can find his artwork with a quick Google search. He has a very interestingly artistic mind- a lot of the ones I like most are musically inspired- he and I share a lot of musical tastes. Zdzisław Beksiński is another artist I find fascinating, because his art inspires horrific and terrible ideas but he himself was a happy and cheerful man that stayed that way with his subject matter. 

(Fun fact; Klaufir used to be a brony by the name of Sweatshirt/Swaetshrit)

Edited by Guest

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, Sunset Rose said:

I don't still have the rune, no. My father thought it was neat and wanted it, so I gave it to him.

Is he normally interested in archaeology and/or antiques, or was it merely a one-off piquing of his curiosity?

What's your favourite historical event?

What's the oldest/smelliest/mouldiest piece of food you've ever found behind a piece of furniture?

What is your current opinion of yourself?

How has your opinion of yourself changed over the course of your life?

@Duality

My father has a lot of character- if you were to ask my mother that question she'd probably say he'd want it to impress his friends by coming up with some crazy story of it being a viking-pony longship adornment or magical catalyst, but I know he has a devout appreciation for history and things of historical significance so he must have seen something in it that little rock that I didn't. I just thought I'd found a really neat and deliberate design in a stone, but he acted as if it were a priceless artifact.

1) I imagine it's a lot of ponies' favorite, but it would have been Princess Celestia banishing Princess Luna to the moon. While Equestria lost half of its ruling matriarchy, it did provide an extremely long opportunity of evolution for Princess Celestia. I don't think she would have turned into the celebrated leader she is without having to do that. Granted, of course, the reasoning behind it was to avoid disaster, it was still something I can't imagine wasn't inevitable. The dynamic of both Celestia and Luna's current rule is a harmonious yin-yang of experience and passion that I don't think would have ever been accomplished if they never addressed Princess Luna's insecurities. (Which is putting it mildly.) All of that being said, I think it had a much more profound effect on Princess Luna than Celestia. The highest position of our country knows what it's like to be through the most miserable and desperate form of punishment dealt out by the hoof of her most beloved family member. That gives a degree of depth and sympathy to Princess Luna that Princess Celestia could no longer achieve, in my imagination. If anypony knows what it's like to endure the worst of the worst, it's her.

2) Unfortunately it was in my own home and not a friends' as I would like to say, but one night after supper I had went into the den to shelve something I had just finished and decided that I wanted to rearrange the furniture to be a bit less symmetrical and cater more towards the evening light, but I found the dessicated remains of a partially-eaten sandwich chunk on the floor where the back of that old couch would have been... Don't ask me how it would have gotten back there. Suffice to say, I drink a lot and things happen when I drink- who knows.

3) My opinion of myself is a revolving door. I cycle between feelings of content and discontent on a pretty regular basis. Most of the time I don't really have many negative thoughts of myself, but occasionally my flaws really nag at me and I get stuck in the mud of doldrums for days at a time that only the company of a friend or family member can drag me out of. Thankfully those feelings don't really last long. It's worth noting that it's only occasional- generally speaking, I'm very content with myself despite building a sub-par life out of ignoring opportunities for a less exciting lifestyle. 

4) It's improved with time. I suffered from severe insecurities when I was younger- concerned that I would fail, concerned that I would never accomplish anything I wanted to accomplish and concerned that I wouldn't ever know anyone that shared my concerns in the same way I did or worse, be disappointed by them. My parents knew what they were doing when they decided to let me live on my own so early. Often times if there's nobody to complain to, the only person I can vent at is myself and for me it leads me down a road of self-reflection and eventually, healing. I think that I have a lot of glossed-over flaws that I ignore unhealthily but I've learned to live and thrive with them on my own and I value that kind of strength in myself. It took me a very long time to see it- myself as a young adult was a horribly self-loathing creature. I certainly don't miss it.

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

I imagine it's a lot of ponies' favorite, but it would have been Princess Celestia banishing Princess Luna to the moon. While Equestria lost half of its ruling matriarchy, it did provide an extremely long opportunity of evolution for Princess Celestia. I don't think she would have turned into the celebrated leader she is without having to do that. Granted, of course, the reasoning behind it was to avoid disaster, it was still something I can't imagine wasn't inevitable. The dynamic of both Celestia and Luna's current rule is a harmonious yin-yang of experience and passion that I don't think would have ever been accomplished if they never addressed Princess Luna's insecurities. (Which is putting it mildly.) All of that being said, I think it had a much more profound effect on Princess Luna than Celestia. The highest position of our country knows what it's like to be through the most miserable and desperate form of punishment dealt out by the hoof of her most beloved family member. That gives a degree of depth and sympathy to Princess Luna that Princess Celestia could no longer achieve, in my imagination. If anypony knows what it's like to endure the worst of the worst, it's her.

That's certainly an interesting perspective on the incident.

16 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Unfortunately it was in my own home and not a friends' as I would like to say, but one night after supper I had went into the den to shelve something I had just finished and decided that I wanted to rearrange the furniture to be a bit less symmetrical and cater more towards the evening light, but I found the dessicated remains of a partially-eaten sandwich chunk on the floor where the back of that old couch would have been...

What filling did it have? :catface:

What are your thoughts on flat-Equestria conspiracy theorists?

What are your thoughts on Einstein (the stallion, not his theories)?

What are your thoughts on [insert random celebrity here]?

What are your thoughts on [insert random pony you've met at some point in your life]?

@Duality

On the sandwich, it was impossible to tell...

1) It's astonishing to me to know that there are ponies in the world who still believe the world is flat and I can't even begin to comprehend the logic behind it. Their arguments revolve around conspiracies and faulty facts but they're some of the most adamant ponies in Equestria. 

2) He had terrific fashion sense!

3) Yes

4) No

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, Sunset Rose said:

He had terrific fashion sense!

Good call.

He went on the record as saying "I have reached an age where, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to".

There can be no greater fashion sense than one that gives rise to such insight.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, Sunset Rose said:

Yes

No

The insight in these comments is simply remarkable.

Rivals even the great orator d'Leone himself in their clarity and comprehensive coverage of the issue at hoof.

Who is your favourite superhero?

What is the longest cylindrical object you own?

What is the largest oblong object you own?

What is the tallest triangular object you own?

@Duality

1) Du nu nu nu nu nu  Batpony!

2) I have a cane for a Nightmare Night costume, I think that would be it.

3) I'm guessing that would probably be my old and lopsided writing desk. My father tried to make it himself while I was in school and bless his heart, it's special to me. But it isn't the most symmetrically-crafted thing. :P

4) The only thing I can even think of is a cookie cutter.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, Sunset Rose said:

Du nu nu nu nu nu  Batpony!

but nu that breaks the cadence has to be batpone for the song to work

I'm guessing that would probably be my old and lopsided writing desk. My father tried to make it himself while I was in school and bless his heart, it's special to me. But it isn't the most symmetrically-crafted thing. :P

Must be fairly durable, though, to have lasted that long despite imperfections in weight distribution.

The only thing I can even think of is a cookie cutter.

Do you not own any set squares?

How many milligrams of iron do you estimate there are currently in your body?

How many of those milligrams of iron do you estimate you got from licking electric fences?

How many of those milligrams of iron do you estimate you got from being injected with rusty anaesthetic needles at the dentist?

How many of those milligrams of iron do you estimate you got by getting swagliciously impaled by Merlin using Excalibur when he TARDIS-time-travelled to the 18th century and turned out to be the heretofore-unknown son of the 61st Doctor and a half-Dalek version of the Terminator?

@Duality

The desk is heavy white oak, and while my father isn't really what I would call a carpenter, he at least knew to treat the wood so it wouldn't rot. It's a great, big, heavy, lopsided thing, but it doesn't have to hold much more than a pile of books, an inkwell and the occasionally snoozing pony.

1) I wouldn't even have the faintest clue to be honest with you. I do know that the iron in our bodies isn't like a solid bit of metallic stuff but it's a component in our blood, so I imagine a lot.

2) Uhh, zero. I don't make a habit of licking electric fences. 

3) Probably zero, I can't remember the last time the dentist had to poke me with a needle.

4) All of it.

In 40 years what will be something that has vanished from normal everyday use/entertainment that people will become nostalgic for... and start being sold again as retro versions of it at ridiculous prices to capitalize on that nostalgia??

What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?