Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feeling down because of BAD REVIEWS? read this:

age3rcm

1 minute ago, PathfinderCS said:

Another review fellas; probably the first of the YouTube reviewers. While he's positive about the movie and enjoyed it, he's also fair in his criticisms. This is probably the most realistic review so far.

I think complaining about the continuity issues with not going to the yaks/dragons/changelings is a nonissue, it would be confusing for non fans and it is only really a little irritating for us bigger bronies.

his other points are fair.

• Brohoof 3

Also, Yaks/dragons/changelings (well maybe them) aren't as appealing to kids as mermaid ponies, (what kids will relate) pirates (kids love pirates) and a charming cat (SHREK)

It wouldn't be a movie if Twilight just teleported to the dragons, said wassup, then to Thorax and Pharynx, said wassup, then to the yaks, and then to the Griffons, and they just come rek the Storm army without trying.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, Jackie: sleepy mare said:

That's a very... interesting pic you chose. Might I suggest a different one? One that might be a little less, oh I don't know, offensive?

....How is THAT offensive? Is it like, racist against fisherman or something? Lol. If that seriously offends you, then I can't imagine anything you wouldn't be offended by.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Twilight Kyle said:

....How is THAT offensive? Is it like, racist against fisherman or something? Lol. If that seriously offends you, then I can't imagine anything you wouldn't be offended by.

Boi, you shoulda been here to see the original pic.

• Brohoof 2

On 02/10/2017 at 2:26 AM, Ryanmahaffe said:

I think complaining about the continuity issues with not going to the yaks/dragons/changelings is a nonissue, it would be confusing for non fans and it is only really a little irritating for us bigger bronies.

his other points are fair.

19 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Also, Yaks/dragons/changelings (well maybe them) aren't as appealing to kids as mermaid ponies, (what kids will relate) pirates (kids love pirates) and a charming cat (SHREK)

It wouldn't be a movie if Twilight just teleported to the dragons, said wassup, then to Thorax and Pharynx, said wassup, then to the yaks, and then to the Griffons, and they just come rek the Storm army without trying.

Plus I'd much rather see new stuff in a feature film. I'm glad they're using new characters instead of being constrained by older episodes.

3 hours ago, Twilight Kyle said:

The older picture that was featured in the OP contained the Le Happy Merchant meme, which is basically an anti-semitic caricature of a Jew.

I wasn't personally that offended by it since I'm not Jewish and I've seen much worse things out there. But it was probably best for the mods remove it for obvious reasons.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

Plus I'd much rather see new stuff in a feature film. I'm glad they're using new characters instead of being constrained by older episodes.

The older picture that was featured in the OP contained the Le Happy Merchant meme, which is basically an anti-semitic caricature of a Jew.

I wasn't personally that offended by it since I'm not Jewish and I've seen much worse things out there. But it was probably best for the mods remove it for obvious reasons.

Oh, it's too bad they removed the original pic. Thatsa spicy memea. 

Edited by Guest

This threads getting to political for my liking.

my obvious distaste for politics aside, I can handle bad reviews. What I can't handle if reviewers being cynical and unpleasble.

9 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

This threads getting to political for my liking.

my obvious distaste for politics aside, I can handle bad reviews. What I can't handle if reviewers being cynical and unpleasble.

good thing all reviews so far are pretty dang positive.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I expect more nitpicks from the fandom than the general public. Stuff like why didn't Twilight and company grab Discord or Thorax never bothered me. I like conflict and new lore and fantasy stuff in my fantasy cartoons. Maybe I'm just weird. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

As I mentioned elsewhere, I expect more nitpicks from the fandom than the general public. Stuff like why didn't Twilight and company grab Discord or Thorax never bothered me. I like conflict and new lore and fantasy stuff in my fantasy cartoons. Maybe I'm just weird. 

MLP is at it's best when it is expanding the lore and world building in my opinion. So I would much rather we see a movie where we see new lands and learn new things than see what we have seen before but with extra toon boom.

This feels like a classic FiM adventure on a larger scale, uniting established allies could work as a premiere/finale, but it doesn't work as well for newcomers.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 2

It appears the majority of reviews for the film has been positive, especially from the more trustworthy critics. The movie definitely has it's flaws (my main issue is it really should either been longer or they should have simplified the plot a little bit, as the side characters and their arcs didn't get fleshed out enough), but I for one thought it was fantastic. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/28/2017 at 5:34 AM, age3rcm said:

you.png.aa7fce72d863f818c642806b41b7521c.png

>LETTING OTHERS THINK FOR YOU

Do not let them win!

watch the mlp movie without caring that others said it was bad or good! make your opinion based on your own experience!

I can tell you, I had my own complete opinions for the Movie! And I didn't have my own opinions from the main show (I used opinions from Youtube at the time, to make me interested in the show).
And I was expecting more people hating the parts about the Movie that I hated, but it seems most didn't care about the animation style change of the ponies, or that Twilight Sparkle was allowed as a Princess, to steal something, and get away with it (so late into her character development)

• 1 year later...

If you feel down about the movie's reviews, just know that IGN still rated it better than either God Hand or Deadly Premonition

hdUo0pL.png

Biggest lie you've ever read in a professional review | NeoGAF

On 2017-09-28 at 11:34 AM, age3rcm said:

you.png.aa7fce72d863f818c642806b41b7521c.png

>LETTING OTHERS THINK FOR YOU

Do not let them win!

watch the mlp movie without caring that others said it was bad or good! make your opinion based on your own experience!

Just read this drama LOL... I guess it's offensive to the eyes :mlp_laugh:.