Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sparity thingy I wrote

Tilgoreth

We stand there for a little longer. The night grows colder and darker. The stars sparkle in the sky, as the moon rises. Moonlight bathes us in a white glow, illuminating Rarity's features.

She's not looking at me. A tear forms in her eye as she stares into the distance. She's so beautiful...The moonlight makes her coat shine brightly.

She breathes out as the wind whips past her face. “Do you ever wonder what this is all about?”

I place my hand on my neck, rubbing my scales. “What do you mean?”

Rarity shivers in the cold. “Life, I suppose.”

“Sometimes.” I rub her shoulder.

She turns her head to me, her eyes somber. “Spike.”

The wind whistles by us, cold and engulfing in the night. I look into her eyes.

“Huh," I breathe out, "Rarity did you ever love me?”

She wraps her hooves around me. Pulling me close. “Of course, Spike.”

“No, that’s not what I mean...” I look away, my eyes downcast.

Her hooves drop. She faces away from me again. “You were too young then.”

“Yeah…” I let out a breath, rubbing my arm. The wind is quiet, blending like a melody in the moonlight.

She let’s out a breath. “You are my best friend, Spike. I never wanted to ruin that.”

I hesitate, before saying,“I love you. I always have.” A small smile spreads across her lips, she looks down at me.

“I’m still young, and yet I have so many regrets. I don’t want you to be one of them.” She chuckles; not much, just a little bit. I know she's sad, maybe I shouldn't have asked this now...But, I have to know...

Blue eyes pierce my soul, she moves her lips towards mine, meeting halfway. They are cold, and chilling, sending a shiver down my spine. But they are also sweet and lovely. My heart beats in my chest, loud and resounding. We pull away.

She smiles. “Will I see you at Carousel Boutique tomorrow?”

“Yes.” I smile.

“Goodnight then, Spike.” She leaves, waving to me.

I sit down, letting the wind wash over me. It’s late. I need to get back to Twilight, but I want to savor this moment for a little longer. Only a little longer…