Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) - Reviews/Reactions/Discussion Thread

Jeric

1 hour ago, Ganondox said:

It wasn't a single bad experience with friendship, it's the fact she was left disfigured and then ostracized for it that turned her away from friendship. That's not really comparable to Starlight at all, who merely lost a single friend. Also, it wasn't simply a single act of kindness that turned Tempest around, it was the fact the Storm King tried to kill her and then Twilight saved her life. She was just returning the favor, and at the end she is still a bit skeptical as old wounds don't heal easily. 

Well, that's the less pessimistic way to look at it. :P

11 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

This movie was phenominal. I loved every second and minute of it. i especially LOVED One Small Thing! It was amazing all the way through. I give it a 9000/10, and I would see it over 9000 times. IN fact, i'll do that once I get the DvD! I'll be holed up in my room watching the MLP Movie to no end.

Please see it in theaters over 9000 times, then you might be able to single handedly save it's box office. :P 

1 minute ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

Wh-why...? Is it not doing good? :(

It turns out the budget for the film was actually $65 million, far more than people thought, and last I've heard it hasn't even broken $13 million internationally. We need to organize something to cure this. If every brony could convince like 6 friends to see the movie, it would save it. 

7 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

Please see it in theaters over 9000 times, then you might be able to single handedly save it's box office. :P

Well to be fair everything bombed this week at the box office. Even blade runner.

And to Hasbro it is all about those toys!!! 

Edited by FlitterFlutter
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Ganondox said:

It turns out the budget for the film was actually $65 million, far more than people thought, and last I've heard it hasn't even broken $13 million internationally. We need to organize something to cure this. If every brony could convince like 6 friends to see the movie, it would save it. 

Well, actually, it's doing fine now, so... I don't see any bad side to this.

Just now, FlitterFlutter said:

Well to be fair everything bombed this week at the box office. Even blade runner.

True, but the MLP Movie was phenominal. It deserves an academy award. It deserves a Kids Choice Award. No, it demands a sequel!

3 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

Well, actually, it's doing fine now, so... I don't see any bad side to this.

True, but the MLP Movie was phenominal. It deserves an academy award. It deserves a Kids Choice Award. No, it demands a sequel!

Are you sure it's doing fine now? Did like another ten million people decide to watch it today or something? Because it was expected to bring in 10-17 million domestically for the opening weekend, and it only brought in 9 million. 

Edited by Ganondox

4 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

It deserves an academy award.

Whoa, whoa, calm down there. 

1 minute ago, Ganondox said:

otherwise we are dooming all of western animation by not mobilizing. 

That seems awfully melodramatic, don't you think? 

Are you sure it's doing fine now? Did like another ten million people decide to watch it today or something? Because it was expected to bring in 10-17 million domestically for the opening weekend, and it only brought in 9 million. 

You are blowing that up way too much it was expected to do around 10 and it got around 9. Really not a huge deal, when you consider the General Health of the box-office this weekend. And the fact that this is a toy company. And I'm sure you've seen plenty of movie merch around.

You are blowing that up way too much it was expected to do around 10 and it got around 9. Really not a huge deal, when you consider the General Health of the box-office this weekend. And the fact that this is a toy company. And I'm sure you've seen plenty of movie merch around.

True! So true.

1 minute ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Whoa, whoa, calm down there. 

That seems awfully melodramatic, don't you think? 

Of course it's awfully melodramatic, not assuming the worst and doing something is how we get another Trump. We need to be reaching out to people who might like this film, but aren't committed, because if this thing is a complete flop it sends the message to the film industry that 2d western animation is hopeless cause. 

Just now, Ganondox said:

Of course it's awfully melodramatic, not assuming the worst and doing something is how we get another Trump. We need to be reaching out to people who might like this film, but aren't committed, because if this thing is a complete flop it sends the message to the film industry that 2d western animation is hopeless cause. 

Ganon, just face it, this movie is great. Enough said. We need not worry about it!

2 minutes ago, FlitterFlutter said:

It did worst than most of Liongate's films, and it also had a much larger budget. 

Just now, Stickman, The Legend said:

Ganon, just face it, this movie is great. Enough said. We need not worry about it!

I know it's great, and that's why we can't let it fail! 

4 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

It did worst than most of Liongate's films, and it also had a much larger budget. 

You're failing to get the point I guarantee you that that budget did not go into production of the film. That budget is including the marketing. This this is going to be written off as advertisement. Honestly they probably didn't expect to make all the money back at least in ticket sales alone.

You are seeing the small picture but failing to look at the large picture. They are a  toy company and they want to sell toys. Toys to little kids.

5 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

Of course it's awfully melodramatic, not assuming the worst and doing something is how we get another Trump.

Oh yes let's needlessly bring politics into this.

Edited by FlitterFlutter

2 minutes ago, FlitterFlutter said:

You're failing to get the point I guarantee you that that budget did not go into production of the film. That budget is including the marketing. This this is going to be written off as advertisement. Honestly they probably didn't expect to make all the money back at least in ticket sales alone.

You are seeing the small picture but failing to look at the large picture. They are a  toy company and they want to sell toys. Toys to little kids.

Wrong person, Flitter XD

6 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

Get a gosh darn hold of yourself, It got an A-. Calm down. It'll do great in other countries.

Yeah, because the few people who saw it loved it. What we need is money, not ratings. Anyway, so far it hasn't been doing great in other countries, and the attitude of many foreign bronies is probably partly to blame. 

5 minutes ago, FlitterFlutter said:

From what I've heard the budget does NOT include marketing, it's just production. 

Trump is the first thing example to that came to my head as the result of a worst possible outcome in the margin of error that ended up happening because people didn't take it seriously. We need to take this seriously because we can do better. 

Yeah, because the few people who saw it loved it. What we need is money, not ratings. Anyway, so far it hasn't been doing great in other countries, and the attitude of many foreign bronies is probably partly to blame. 

From what I've heard the budget does NOT include marketing, it's just production. 

Trump is the first thing example to that came to my head as the result of a worst possible outcome in the margin of error that ended up happening because people didn't take it seriously. We need to take this seriously because we can do better. 

Greeeat. Bringing politics into this again. Dude, just calm down, it'll make good dough. Trust me.

1 minute ago, FlitterFlutter said:

Funny, I have no idea why it quoted you as saying that. I am not sure how to change it now sorry maybe if Moderation sees it??

Just leave it, they'll know it ain't me.

But it does include Marketing because to Hasbro this film is an excuse to make more toys and books and DVDs. It is literally just an hour-and-a-half advertisement. If you were telling me that they spent millions of dollars in did not take that into consideration you are a liar.

But it does include Marketing because to Hasbro this film is an excuse to make more toys and books and DVDs. It is literally just an hour-and-a-half advertisement. If you were telling me that they spent millions of dollars in did not take that into consideration you are a liar.

Agreed. Still, it's a great movie that'll make great EXTRA THICC dough.

Edited by Stickman, The Legend

Just now, Stickman, The Legend said:

Greeeat. Bringing politics into this again. Dude, just calm down, it'll make good dough. Trust me.

Just leave it, they'll know it ain't me.

I'm not bringing politics into it again, I was answering why I brought Trump (not politics) up in the first place. 

I'll calm down if you agree to convince 6 friends to see it. :P