Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions "Disable Sticky Navigation Bar" Setting

Rikifive

rL9pv80.png

I was wondering on the option mentioned in the title. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to make the navigation bar (I think there was the navigation menu as well as notifications/messenger) follow us as we scroll down - now it seems to be not working. It all stays at the very top and when we want to access our profile, or get back to the home page, we need to scroll all the way up.

I've tried ticking that option on and off, but it seems to be not doing anything. I don't remember exactly when, but I think it happened back when you've upgraded to IPB4, but I didn't pay attention to that.

So.. does it actually do anything now? :derp:

Edited by Rikifive

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

rL9pv80.png

I was wondering on the option mentioned in the title. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to make the navigation bar (I think there was the navigation menu as well as notifications/messenger) follow us as we scroll down - now it seems to be not working. It all stays at the very top and when we want to access our profile, or get back to the home page, we need to scroll all the way up.

I've tried ticking that option on and off, but it seems to be not doing anything. I don't remember exactly when, but I think it happened back when you've upgraded to IPB4, but I didn't pay attention to that.

So.. does it actually do anything now? :derp:

The custom built nav bar that was seen in the previous build of the site is no longer an option. 

2012 - Stock IPB 3.x nav here

Early 2013 - Custom right justified nav bar here

Late 2013 - Stick Nav Bar here

Those aren't the dates they were introduced, but give you an appropriate frame of reference. 

I could be wrong but I believe that that version that most of us recall from the last three or so years was built by Lavo and was a JS nav system. It would have looked off if it was just ported over to this version of the software. It's also possible that the new version of the software may have broken the toggle to use it. 

But yeah either it was removed or it was commented out until it could be redeveloped for the current site. The inclusion in IPB 4 more responsive version of the site also adds a fun hurdle since the current version's mobile view is handled completely differently than before. 

But yeah to answer your question it doesn't work at the moment. 

If I was still tech staff, I would have loved to give a shot at making a sticky nav mod (as long as I had enough time to study IPB), but that ship has come and gone, heh.

It's all IP.Board 4.x related, and unless someone could work on a new version of the sticky bar, I don't think we'll get one again. Who knows though.