Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introducing Subscription-Based Donations!

Zoop

After a bit of mucking around and head-banging, our new subscription based donation system is now fully armed and operational! Those of you that are interested in becoming regular contributors to the forum's monthly costs now have the option of selecting the 'recurring monthly donation' option from the newly expanded 'donate' link on the top navigation bar.

From there, you'll have a variety of monthly subscription packages to pick from, ranging from $10 to $50. Subscriptions will be configured as a recurring PayPal payment, meaning that you will automatically be billed for it every month.

If you don't want this to happen and would prefer to make every monthly payment anually, you can cancel the recurring payment in your PayPal account by going to the following page:

Profile > My Money > My preapproved payments

...and canceling the payment from there. You will then receive an invoice 10 days before your subscription expires reminding with a link to pay it manually.

For those of you that would prefer not to get tangled up into the newfangled subscription stuff, one-time donations of any size may still be made through the donation tracker on the front page. Please note, however, that due to conflicts between the two donation systems, users with active subscriptions are not able to make one-time donations, and vice-versa. If you are currently in the donors group but would like to purchase a subscription, please PM an administrator and we'll hook you up. :)

• Brohoof 11

(edited)

It says there are no products....

Also there is an ad that is creeping into the content lol

You can't purchase a subscription because you're currently an active donor. PM one of the admins if you want to make the switch. ;)

As for an ad... it looks fine on my end.

Edit: Nevermind - I found the issue and fixed it.

Edited by Feld0
Whoops.

(edited)

I noticed that today and wondered why there was no products, now I know.

Personally I think I'd like to stick with the current system as I tend to be spontaneous with my spending of money which is weird because in no way would I ever think of myself as spontaneous...

Edited by Dave247

Are the benefits any different, or is it simply a different way to donate?

I ask out of curiosity, not out of trying to get more benefits. I donate simply because this is probably my favorite forum, and I've gotten used to seeing my name in gold :)

I noticed that today and wondered why there was no products, now I know. Personally I think I'd like to stick with the current system as I tend to be spontaneous with my spending of money which is weird because in no way would I ever think of myself as spontaneous...

Keep in mind, you are always welcome to cancel a subscription at any time. It's okay to get a subscription and renew it only once or twice. ;)

Are the benefits any different, or is it simply a different way to donate? I ask out of curiosity, not out of trying to get more benefits. I donate simply because this is probably my favorite forum, and I've gotten used to seeing my name in gold :)

At the moment, it's simply a different way to donate. The subscriptions are designed to accommodate those who want to make a recurring donation towards the site every month, in the most painless way possible (you can't get much more painless than authorizing PayPal to make a monthly payment automatically - certainly beats having to remind yourself to make a monthly donation manually).

As subscriptions are our preferred way to accept donations, though, we are considering granting additional benefits to subscribers in the future.