Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If The Movie Gets a Sequel, What Should It Be About And How Should it Be Released?

bwrosas

23 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I do support the movie, and the earlier EqG movies; however, there is felt to be a need for a large, sweeping epic storyline at movie length that there just isn't the pressure to meet in an episodic format,

I was going to bash out at critics for hating the movie just because it mlp. Till I think about it a little further, I get it why they would be a little frustrated with the movie. To them, it's like learning a whole lots of new characters all in 90 mins. While for us it's only the 5-6 new characters. Plus not many are familiar with the style of mlp as much as we do, so It would make sense to step out of the line for a larger scales of different viewers to enjoy.  To me, MLP movie is like a "inside joke" that only mlp fans get. Which leave the non-fans thinking am I supposed to enjoy this because the others have." a big no-no hasbro..

I guess Hasbro was a being a little too inconsiderate. 

Edited by TBD

I definitely think it is very possible that there could be another movie. The (digital) assets are built and a workflow process has been established in the new animating platform. How well the movie does overall and how the toys keep doing will tell.

What it would be about- your guess is as good as mine at this point.

On 10/2/2017 at 8:45 AM, Tiny Hoofs said:

Twilight will also be concerned about outliving her friends since Alicorns live much longer than regular ponies.

Except the staff explicitly said that's not going to happen.

Well they should do the next biggest thing for the franchise

Spoiler

large.jpg

Crossover with Transformers Hasbro, hop up and get to it XD

But seriously, I'd say something like @Unlikeable Pony said, something that expands the universe and characters a lot, like the Tree of Harmony, or a change to the status quo like Twilight becoming the new ruler of Equestria(because Luna and Celestia get Prime'd), for example

On 10/1/2017 at 9:37 PM, Techno Universal said:

Yeah maybe it will be a movie that is like the final battle with a villain that could be the creator of all threats to equestria. Like if it was based off my theory of equestria it would literally be a dream come true! :)

MAY JUBILEUS, THE CREATOR, GRACE YOU! And said villain is punched so hard its soul flies into the sun itself.

18 minutes ago, The MegaBrony said:

MAY JUBILEUS, THE CREATOR, GRACE YOU! And said villain is punched so hard its soul flies into the sun itself.

Well that villain would be Techno's brother Herobrien and Herobrien will be freed from the chaos system that's possessing him and the chaos system will be deleted from existence! While Techno gets his good old brother Glitch back! :)

One of the problems with a sequel would be they would basically would want to start it while expecting another two-three years of the series itself to be continuing, which seems like a nebulous certainty. If that's a go, I think they'd want to start it more or less right as soon as possible.

So with that being said, I reckon what they have to work with would be entirely based on whatever the resolution to the next season brings, assuming that's mostly written at this point, to try to forsee a story that would be as up to date as possible.

I'd put all in on the safe play of a Twilight/Starlight duo focus story, if I were a betting man.

I'd definitely want to incorporate some sort of major character evolution into it, something that makes the adventure feel especially meaningful. 

Now that I know what I don't want I have some thoughts on what could make a movie more compelling. One idea would be to split the Mane 6 apart into parallel narratives that coalesce at the climax, since it's difficult to give them all satisfying attention when they're together for almost the entirety of the narrative. Also maybe incorporate the CMC into it and pair them with characters who aren't their sisters to provide a further sense of urgency and an opportunity to develop interesting new perspectives on them.

Edited by n1029

On 10/6/2017 at 7:50 AM, Ganondox said:

I think a movie would be a good opportunity to finally deal with Spike's parents. 

I have to agree that we do need answers on Spike's parents. I would honestly love seeing a movie focused around Spike and him doubting if he really should be staying with Twilight and the rest after meeting his parents.

Though i guess that mlp should always have the ponies as the main characters so it might not work out.

Might be cool as an episode in season 8 though

• Brohoof 2

My story idea involves many ponies broken into a variety of groups to save Equestria from a even bigger threat: A Natural Disaster that threatens to wipe it all off the map that not even Chaos can handle..  Unlike the movie, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Starlight Glimmer, Discord and even Starswirl are involved.

• Brohoof 2

A movie dealing with The First Alicorn and she can be the villain.

Flurry Heart travels from the future to get help from the Mane 6 to deal with an evil villain. You see everyone older and Equestria X years in the future.

• Brohoof 1

A bit more emotional material, as I think there will be near death scenes. 

I also want something more emotional. Ponyville is having a big anniversary party with Party Favor and Cheese Sandwich in a big role, as an old Generation villain crashes the party. The CMC, AJ & FS to have bigger roles where they could save the day.

Edited by Buttonmash1973
  • Brohoof 1

I think to address the chief criticism of the mane 6 being underdeveloped in the movie, they need to be separated for a period of time in a hypothetical sequel. Split them into groups of three in two parallel narratives; then bring them back together at the start of the third act.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

An MLP/Equestria Girls crossover to finally fill in the blanks and answer questions regarding the 2 worlds. Since G4 is likely coming to a close soon, it would be nice to finally be able to patch up those final questions.

Then again though, if G4 is indeed soon coming to a close, they may cancel the sequel in favor of releasing G5 sooner. Then again though, those are just my thoughts.

On 2/12/2018 at 2:39 PM, TheAgentRAINBOW said:

Then again though, if G4 is indeed soon coming to a close, they may cancel the sequel in favor of releasing G5 sooner. Then again though, those are just my thoughts.

According to the leaks, they scrapped the movie sequel altogether :sunny: . Can one of the final specials be made in toon boom please :please: ?

I would like to see an equestria girls and mlp film crossover for the sequel it would be great if all characters included princess skystar and her mother in human forms and studying in CHS meeting the mane 7 and everyone in the school I think it would be funny

Actually, just thought we may only know of ONE long lived Alicorn; Luna was banished to the moon, and there is no way of knowing if she was conscious of the passage of time while there - she WAS a pattern on the moon's surface visible from Equestria, after all.

Depending on how much time passed between the Pillars entering Limbo and the Nightmare Moon event, it could be Luna is not a great deal older than characters like Mayor Mare...

Edited by CypherHoof