Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What we know about Season 8

Theknightofdraconia

-Harber is back as co-story editor, along with the two from Season 7.

-Orchestra music from the movie will be incorporated

-The Return of the Queen

-A Friendship School has been established and the Mane 6 are teachers.

- A female Changeling character.

Edited by Theknightofdraconia

15 minutes ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

:)

Yep, at this point I feel this will include various species trying to learn friendship. 

from the animatic though it seems like starlight is one of the teachers too though.

Edited by Jade Fire

27 minutes ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

Oh yes, with a certain bug ignoring her. Then again, she might just want revenge on her.

yeah, dont think anything she could be planning anything good with those hairs. especially since she's had so long to plan and prepare for this.

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 1

There will be a Seapony character named Silver Stream. Possibly a student at the school.

20170909_123024.jpg

Ingram teased a fantastic singer

Capture.PNG

Two OC's will appear that were part of a HASCon raffle.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Jeric said:

There will be a Seapony character named Silver Stream. Possibly a student at the school.

20170909_123024.jpg

she's adorable! :pinkie:

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 1

Oh. Almost forgot. From EqD

• Look for a Cheese Sandwhich cameo
  • G. M. Berrow wrote a Season 8 episode she is super passionate about and her favorite episode overall. Maybe more book tie-ins like in "Daring Done".
  • Josh Haber's favorite pony is The Great and Probably Going To Be In Season 8 Trixie!
  • Derpy won't get a featured episode like Episode 100, but she will be around, likely more than season 7.
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, PacificGreen said:

WHAAAAATTTT?!?

I've gotta see this animatic now. XD

I almost missed it completely myself even though I watched it. 

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I almost missed it completely myself even though I watched it. 

Oooh, OK, so there's only one animatic, I've already watched it, but I just missed that detail.

Honestly, they mentioned "school" and "teachers" so quickly I never even noticed it.

I'm kinda wondering what a whole school devoted to friendship would look like though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, PacificGreen said:

Oooh, OK, so there's only one animatic, I've already watched it, but I just missed that detail.

Honestly, they mentioned "school" and "teachers" so quickly I never even noticed it.

I'm kinda wondering what a whole school devoted to friendship would look like though.

It could be interesting, something like say Skylander academy, and by that I mean(not just the fact that the creator is co-story editor on Season 8) a school of diverse species, to learn friendship, Griffons, Dragons, Yaks, Sea Ponies. Abyssinians(cats), Changelings and more.

Edited by Theknightofdraconia
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, PacificGreen said:

9 minutes ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

It could be interesting, something like say Skylander academy, and by the I mean(not just the fact that the creator is co editor on Season 8) a school of diverse species, to learn friendship, Griffons, Dragons, Yaks, Sea Ponies. Abyssinians(cats), Changelings and more.

Something along those lines, though when they shift to a new theme it usually doesn't take up all episodes. I would suspect the school to feature in maybe 10 episodes, maybe including the two parters with normal slice of life, CMC, one off jaunts to pad out the rest. That or possibly episodes that feature one or more students with a Mane Six character or CMC in a non school related activity. 

One possibility is the return of a closing moral message like the letters to Celestia or Journal entries, but in the form of Friendship Reports to one of the teachers. 

"Dear Princess Twilight", "Dear Professor Applejack"

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Something along those lines, though when the shift a theme it usually doesn't take up all episodes. I would suspect the school to feature in maybe 10 episodes, maybe including the two parters with normal slice of life, CMC, one off jaunts to pad out the rest. That or possibly episodes that feature one or more students with a Mane Six character or CMC in a non school related activity. 

One possibility is the return of a closing moral message like the letters to Celestia or Journal entries, but in the form of Friendship Reports to one of the teachers. 

That could work, for some reason though I kinda wanna see this in one episode

(a friendship group made up of a Changeling, Dragon, Pony, Abyssinian, Yak, Griffon all try to get along in the school with cultural hurdles) something that I actually did find funny from Skylanders Academy was a line that seems like something a dragon student in this would say,

"Cold soup?! COLD SOUP IS AN ABOMINATION!!"(breaths fire)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

"Cold soup?! COLD SOUP IS AN ABOMINATION!!"(breaths fire)

That would be funny line if it was the changeling saying that because of the feelings forum soup joke in To Change a Changeling. =D

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

That would be funny line if it was the changeling saying that because of the feelings forum soup joke in To Change a Changeling. =D

I agree. There's a lot of possibilities for this school.

Also something about feelings, something dragons have a hard time coming to terms with and expressing. Heck maybe Fluttershy takes up a dragon student. Perhaps, Barry, he always had one of the coolest designs and he has a love for pillows. 

Plus us we could learn more on Abyssinians and Sea Ponies.

the possibilities are endless.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

-Orchestra music from the movie will be incorporated

This is what I'm most exited for. :twi: 

2 hours ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

-A Friendship School has been established and the Mane 6 are teachers.

I am wondering how they are gonna do this and what they are gonna teach those students.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, PacificGreen said:

WIth all the different species there, I imagine it's something like a diplomacy school where all the different races like Changelings, Yaks, Sea Ponies, and dragons learn to be friends with each other.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShootingStar159 said:

WIth all the different species there, I imagine it's something like a diplomacy school where all the different races like Changelings, Yaks, Sea Ponies, and dragons learn to be friends with each other.

Yeah, something like that would make sense. I mean that would allow for new challenges for the Mane 6 and more.