Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the scrapped villian Cosmos appear?

Theknightofdraconia

1 minute ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

Really, the idea of him sounded cool. He was the brother of Celestia and Luna, and could represent imperialism. I don't know I feel that having a whole empire of Alicorns invade Equestria and all lands would make an interesting finale for the series. 

The evolution of Cosmos is really odd. 

According to the leaked Sony emails about the initial treatment, and then factoring in the Art Book, they abandoned the initial Cosmos concept early on. When they scrapped the male Alicorn angle they kept the name and Cosmos 2.0 was a female pony.

Cosmos 1.0 was the Alicorn brother before them revised the character and changed Cosmos to female and looking at the concept art she became everything from a Discord esque Frankenstein monster (due to multiple injuries), to a mech armored wearing general type. Then they eventually renamed her Tempest. 

Anyway, I'm all for showing more Alicorn lore, and the idea that Luna and Tia may be outliers is definitely an interesting concept. I would have no issue with seeing the original idea of Cosmos in an episode or two.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The evolution of Cosmos is really odd. 

According to the leaked Sony emails about the initial treatment, and then factoring in the Art Book, they abandoned the initial Cosmos concept early on. When they scrapped the male Alicorn angle they kept the name and Cosmos 2.0 was a female pony.

Cosmos 1.0 was the Alicorn brother before them revised the character and changed Cosmos to female and looking at the concept art she became everything from a Discord esque Frankenstein monster (due to multiple injuries), to a mech armored wearing general type. Then they eventually renamed her Tempest. 

Anyway, I'm all for showing more Alicorn lore, and the idea that Luna and Tia may be outliers is definitely an interesting concept. I would have no issue with seeing the original idea of Cosmos in an episode or two.

Agreed I think the idea of Cosmos is something that should be explored, and even add to Alicorn lore. Heck it might even explain Spike origins..idea is...Spike's egg was laid in the Dragon Lands, but some scouts from The Alicorn Empire in a dare swooped on and stole the egg, hoping to either present Cosmos with a future soilder or just present a gift. The scouts lost the egg when chased by larger dragons, the egg fell into the river. Celestia found it, could not find any dragons nearby and thus decided to use it as an entry exam.

all in all, it would be Spike was spared a terrible fate, as a slave to the Alicorn empire.

Cosmos was an early concept that ended in Tempest Shadow in the end, but I agree that Cosmos' concept is too good to be scrapped entirely. Maybe they could save him for the show :icwudt:

• 3 years later...

Unfortunately, Cosmos never appeared, instead his name was recycled for the antagonist of the POORLY written comic arc of the same name.

However, the idea of Cosmos isn't impossible, and it could actually tie up some loose ends in the series, such as Luna's escape or the Storm King's origins.

Let's say Celestia and Luna got their pairs of wings to defend Equestria, but Cosmos didn't and instead served as a royal advisor to his elder sisters. To ensure Equestria's protection, he had harnessed the powers of the stars to create a gateway to another realm and summon the Storm King, an elemental beast that can bring storms wherever he went. However, this had gone terribly wrong and the Storm King threatened to destroy Equestria. Celestia, Luna, and Cosmos were able to stop this threat, ultimately taking away most of the Storm King's power leaving him as a powerless satyr and banishing him to what would now be known as the Storm Realm.

Having been exposed to the power of the stars, Cosmos begins to study them more and discovers their power, which ultimately results in him earning his wings for his intelligence and heart. Unfortunately, this means he would have to remain in the stars for eternity in order to protect them, as they serve as gateways to realms, or prisons for monsters (this was based on a popular theory that Grogar was trapped in the stars) and he has to keep them in balance. Bidding his sisters farewell, he would soon leave his home, but always watch over them.

The time of Nightmare Moon's exile comes, and Cosmos is informed of a prophecy in which the stars will aid in her escape, and realizes that it is his destiny to free his sister from his prison and re-unite her with Celestia. This eventually leads to Luna returning as the co-Queen of Equestria.

There's so much that can be done with him which sadly the show, never did and there's a fat chance G5 will do anything with him too.