Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Theknightofdraconia

By this time Harrison Ford will almost be 80 years old, I'm looking forward to it, I know it will most likely be set in 1968 or 1969(Vietnam War and Flower Power Revolution time) im curious what the film will be about, i kinda wanna see the actor who played Short Round return, but as a bad ass explorer and formerly of the Nationalists. He is a stunt coordinator in real life.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

Can we make Shia LaBeouf Jones now? :lol:

Never mind. We have Ford. :P

Cannot wait! :D

Good to know Shia "plagiarist" Boo! Won't be back :) Fun fact, the original script by Frank Darabont was awesome.

Edited by Theknightofdraconia
  • Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

Good to know Shia "plagiarist" Boo! Won't be back :) Fun fact, the original script by Frank Darabont was awesome.

He's a good actor if it befits him--Shia LaBeouf. Harrison Ford is a natural. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I actually didn't think Shia LaBeouf was that bad in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. But I didn't think he would want to return because of how pessimistic he felt about it.

It's good that Harrison Ford is returning as Indiana. But chances are that his character might die in this film. I mean, Harrison Ford was finally granted his wish of having Han Solo die within a Star Wars film. I don't doubt he'll want to retire from Indiana Jones at some point.

2 minutes ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

I actually didn't think Shia LaBeouf was that bad in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. But I didn't think he would want to return because of how pessimistic he felt about it.

It's good that Harrison Ford is returning as Indiana. But chances are that his character might die in this film. I mean, Harrison Ford was finally granted his wish of having Han Solo die within a Star Wars film. I don't doubt he'll want to retire from Indiana Jones at some point.

Actually, he's always wanted to kill off Solo, he was originally supposed to die at the end of Return of the Jedi. Gary Kurtz and Ford wanted it, Lucas said no.

14 hours ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

Actually, he's always wanted to kill off Solo, he was originally supposed to die at the end of Return of the Jedi. Gary Kurtz and Ford wanted it, Lucas said no.

I know. Which is kind of why I expect he'll want to be done within Indiana Jones someday. Wouldn't be surprised if Indiana Jones dies in this film.

12 minutes ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

I know. Which is kind of why I expect he'll want to be done within Indiana Jones someday. Wouldn't be surprised if Indiana Jones dies in this film.

Well he has said in several interviews he loves the character of Indiana, so i don't see him wanting him dead. Also, according to the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles which is supposed to be canon, he lives well beyond the films. Of course we can all take that with a grain of salt.

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

True, but I kinda expect some real final adventure. Perhaps Jones is in the worst state of mind, his son was killed in Vietnam, and Marion died of an illness. So maybe he's lost all sense of adventure, maybe....Mark Rylance can play the bad guy, a Russian General who connects with Jones on a personal level of age and past love for adventure.

Considering Ford is old and no one wants to see Shia come back....

Honestly I'd much rather have a reboot with Chris Pratt taking up the mantle as Indy

• Brohoof 1

Indy won't die, at least not at Harrison's request. He's said that he loves playing Indy, unlike Han Solo, and would happily do it for the rest of his life. The character of Indy, according to the Young Indy Chronicles, lives to be 100 years old (at least). 

The new film is probably going to take place about the same time as the last one, according to rumors. It will not have Shia coming back; there was some tension following his remarks about the last one. I think he got the short end of that since he wasn't being disrespectful about it, just honest. I would love to see Ke Huy Kwan return as an adult. I always thought that would be a great step for the series. 

If Christ Pratt signs on, it'll likely be the return to the 1930s and the earlier adventures of Indy. If they're going to replace Harrison, they might as well get the series back to the time it belongs in.

On 03/10/2017 at 8:40 PM, Theknightofdraconia said:

True, but I kinda expect some real final adventure. Perhaps Jones is in the worst state of mind, his son was killed in Vietnam, and Marion died of an illness. So maybe he's lost all sense of adventure, maybe....Mark Rylance can play the bad guy, a Russian General who connects with Jones on a personal level of age and past love for adventure.

That could be quite interesting. And it's a good way of removing Mutt considering Shia Labeouf is probably never coming back. I'm also interested to see what they could do with the rest of the Cold War period.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:20 AM, Theknightofdraconia said:

the only reason why ford agreed to play as solo in empire strikes back, is if he was frozen in carbonite for half the film.