Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The movie is barely getting pushed in germany

Mesme Rize

I mostly speak about Bremen alone here, though Bremen is a very big city so it kinda reflects most of germany.

We have 3 big cinema chains here in Bremen called Cinestar, Cinemaxx and Cinespace which are all over bremen

Cinestar and Cinemaxx are only showing 2 presentations each day, even on the weekends. Each being 11:50 AM and 2:40 PM. No afternoon or evening shows, meaning that the midweek showings will be almost empty. While the new Blade Runner movie gets 10 showings on the weekend and 5 midweeks. And Cinespace, dosen't show the movie at all.

Seems like no one believes that this movie will pull.

I would guess that you're going to get the dubbed version over there, Hypno? That might be part of the reason- if the dub isn't that great, cinemas may guess that people won't watch it.

Any other popular kids movies in the box office in Germany this weekend? That could also affect it.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Attack of the Pwns said:

I would guess that you're going to get the dubbed version over there, Hypno? That might be part of the reason- if the dub isn't that great, cinemas may guess that people won't watch it.

Any other popular kids movies in the box office in Germany this weekend? That could also affect it.

I must say, i don't really like the dub to be honest as many other german bronies. So yeah, that could be a factor.

Surprisingly not, MLP is the only familyfriendly movie out in the cinemas right now. There isn't even any german animated movies out.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Mesme Rize said:

I must say, i don't really like the dub to be honest as many other german bronies. So yeah, that could be a factor.

Surprisingly not, MLP is the only familyfriendly movie out in the cinemas right now. There isn't even any german animated movies out.

That's really weird. I know a lot of people have been trying to act like Pony is competing with Blade Runner, but families aren't going to see Blade Runner and bronies who want to see both will do exactly that. So I don't really get it.

How big are German theaters? If they're a lot smaller than the theaters here in the States, they may be forced to choose between limited showings of Blade Runner and Pony, or widespread showings of Blade Runner and more limited Pony showings. 

Looks like Germany will get ticket sales from Bronies who don't work during the day...and that's probably it. Ouch.

• Brohoof 1

I'm aware of one German Brony who traveled to Zurich to watch it in English at a theater that kinda went overboard promoting the film. 

What did you expect? The movie is only for fans interesting. And i doubt there are more than 7-10 Bronies in Bremen and most of the little fans will see it at weekend with their parent's. What the operator have done is right. Besides, most of you guys dislike the german dub anyway.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

Dude, in France I haven't seen one advertising, not a poster one the street, even when you walk in the street near theatre, it is not show at all neither.
I'm even wondering when, and mostly WHERE, is the movie will be shown !

Have you tried googling MLP:The Movie showtimes with you location on? It might not be showing in France, IDK.

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Attack of the Pwns said:

Have you tried googling MLP:The Movie showtimes with you location on? It might not be showing in France, IDK.

I've tried it, and yes there are, but what I wanted to say is that, if you don't know the existence of the movie, you'll never see it, because there absolutely 0 advertising.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

I've tried it, and yes there are, but what I wanted to say is that, if you don't know the existence of the movie, you'll never see it, because there absolutely 0 advertising.

Yeah, I went to see the movie last night and...it's a really good movie, but Hasbro majorly dropped the ball on advertising. I was the only person in the theater, and that was in the United States, which has a ton of advertising compared to Europe.

• Brohoof 2