Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Dark Tournament Reboot OOC [Finished]

Literally Snails

The Dark Tournament. Once legal in Equestria, this tournament was banned nearly a decade ago for its brutal nature and reputation for attracting gamblers from the criminal underworld, but now, thanks to an influx of wealthy criminal investors, the tournament has been brought back on a remote island outside of Equestria's jurisdiction. This brutal game pins thirty-two of the lands deadliest fighters to fight to the death for entertainment and gambling, all for the purpose of becoming the grand champion and getting one wish granted by the corrupt tournament committee.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I just checked my watch and it's been about two and a half years since I've roleplayed on this site, so I'm guessing no one around here remembers me or the dark tournament anymore. 

Basically, I hosted three RP's a couple years ago with varying success that were about a roster of sixteen characters fighting in a tournament in the Everfree forest. Each participant in the RP was one of the contestants, and winners were decided either by ooc discussion or coin toss if that didn't work. I'm looking to do one of those again, but since it's been a quarter of a decade since I've hosted one, I figured it would be better to just restart the whole series with new players (hopefully.)

The rules to the tournament were really simple. Two characters entered a raised concrete fighting ring and could use whatever weapons or techniques they wanted to defeat their opponent. Victory comes when an opponent forfeits, is down or out of the ring for a ten count, or dies (Which doesn't happen very often.) There was a story to the whole thing too of course. You had a corrupt tournament committee that might be working for or against you, and the winner of the tournament could get one wish for anything money or magic could create.

I'm putting this post up to search for players who might be interested and answer any questions you might have. It's been a while, but I have experience hosting RPs and I know I can make this fun.

Here's a link to the first one so you can see what this looked like in the past: 

I'm gonna be honest, I think ponies in edgy death tournaments is hilarious.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:Tournament Roster:

https://dochub.com/spenceroverbay/2WvewP/the-dark-tournament?dt=2bvowmghhothi39s

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, reader8363 said:

Sounds like yu yu  hakusho, I'm interested, just let me decide on the character

It is. I forgot to mention that. I have some damning evidence of being a YYH fan on my profile.

Hey, this sounds pretty interesting!... I've been meaning to practice my combat RP'ing (although I can already predict that I might not even make it past the elimination stage, lel~), so perhaps I'd be willing to give it a try. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you'll play this out!:please:

It might take some time for me to decide on a character as well, though. And while I'm at it, as a question... Do I need to specify what sort of weapons/abilities my character will use, as well as their motivations for participating in the tournament and the such?

9 minutes ago, Driz said:

Hey, this sounds pretty interesting!... I've been meaning to practice my combat RP'ing (although I can already predict that I might not even make it past the elimination stage, lel~), so perhaps I'd be willing to give it a try. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you'll play this out!:please:

It might take some time for me to decide on a character as well, though. And while I'm at it, as a question... Do I need to specify what sort of weapons/abilities my character will use, as well as their motivations for participating in the tournament and the such?

You do have to disclose your powers and weapons to me, so I can make sure they're okay for the RP. People have always disclosed it in the OOC topic before. However, if you want to keep it a secret, you can just PM it to me to make it a surprise to the other players.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

You do have to disclose your powers and weapons to me, so I can make sure they're okay for the RP. People have always disclosed it in the OOC topic before. However, if you want to keep it a secret, you can just PM it to me to make it a surprise to the other players.

Right, gotcha~ Thanks bunch!

I'll try and figure my character out by tomorrow, and then I'll give you a call about their abilities by then~

Okay so I could join this RP by modifying my OC Techno! Like in this RP maybe Techno would be an experimental robotic pony but still he won't actually be OP. Like I'll need to figure out some good magical abilities for him plus maybe my friend @Celestial Flight would be interested in this RP! Anyways Techno's character page is linked in my signature! :)

3 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Okay so I could join this RP by modifying my OC Techno! Like in this RP maybe Techno would be an experimental robotic pony but still he won't actually be OP. Like I'll need to figure out some good magical abilities for him plus maybe my friend @Celestial Flight would be interested in this RP! Anyways Techno's character page is linked in my signature! :)

I don't typically allow alicorns. And your profile says he has unlimited power. can you explain how he wont actually be OP? I have to be cautious about this. Also, it would be better if you can play him as a unicorn or pegasus.

Just now, Literally Snails said:

I don't typically allow alicorns. And your profile says he has unlimited power. can you explain how he wont actually be OP? I have to be cautious about this. Also, it would be better if you can play him as a unicorn or pegasus.

Yeah plus he also has the personality where he doesn't actually want to be too OP so in battle he will just keep on escalating his power until he wins. So in this RP I'll probably put his power level down to around where Twilight is as I guess that would be a good power level for him in this RP! Plus through battle his external skin will get ripped off with damage and it would just expose his metal endoskeleton. Though I was going to make him easy to damage but in exchange he was going to be wearing this massive cape that's indestructible because of how it has magical shielding built into it. Plus Techno will be very curious and inquisitive about stuff as he's going to be only a couple of years old in the RP from when he was first built. :)

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah plus he also has the personality where he doesn't actually want to be too OP so in battle he will just keep on escalating his power until he wins. So in this RP I'll probably put his power level down to around where Twilight is as I guess that would be a good power level for him in this RP! Plus through battle his external skin will get ripped off with damage and it would just expose his metal endoskeleton. Though I was going to make him easy to damage but in exchange he was going to be wearing this massive cape that's indestructible because of how it has magical shielding built into it. Plus Techno will be very curious and inquisitive about stuff as he's going to be only a couple of years old in the RP from when he was first built. :)

It sounds like You're setting it up so that your character can be beaten and it might be interesting if it's done right, but I still don't think his backstory fits with the RP, especially the reference to humans. Do you think you can make a new backstory for him for this RP and change him to a unicorn or a pegasus?

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

It sounds like You're setting it up so that your character can be beaten and it might be interesting if it's done right, but I still don't think his backstory fits with the RP, especially the reference to humans. Do you think you can make a new backstory for him for this RP and change him to a unicorn or a pegasus?

Yeah like I said his backstory was that he was created as a part of an experimental robotics project in a top secret lab in Cantralot. So really he's just been living quite an ordinary life just exploring the world around him until he chose to get into the battles in the RP to put his combat abilities to the test. :)

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah like I said his backstory was that he was created as a part of an experimental robotics project in a top secret lab in Cantralot. So really he's just been living quite an ordinary life just exploring the world around him until he chose to get into the battles in the RP to put his combat abilities to the test. :)

Yes, but can you make a new backstory that doesn't reference humans and change him to a unicorn or pegasus in this RP? You can just write the new backstory in the ooc here.

4 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Yes, but can you make a new backstory that doesn't reference humans and change him to a unicorn or pegasus in this RP? You can just write the new backstory in the ooc here.

Yeah I pretty much just wrote down his new backstory in a compressed format and it really doesn't involve any humans at all. It was really a technology project that was secretly been led by the two sisters! :)

4 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I pretty much just wrote down his new backstory in a compressed format and it really doesn't involve any humans at all. It was really a technology project that was secretly been led by the two sisters! :)

where is it? And is he still an alicorn?

4 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

where is it? And is he still an alicorn?

Well the lab is under Cantralot and I'm thinking that Techno would be living in Cantralot or Ponyville. Anyways I'll probably still have him as an Alicorn but I could play him as a unicorn if you seriously just want him to be a unicorn. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Well the lab is under Cantralot and I'm thinking that Techno would be living in Cantralot or Ponyville. Anyways I'll probably still have him as an Alicorn but I could play him as a unicorn if you seriously just want him to be a unicorn. :)

I do, for reasons of consistancy. Also, if he's living in ponyville, who built him?

3 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

I do, for reasons of consistancy. Also, if he's living in ponyville, who built him?

Yeah I guess he'll be living in a house in Cantralot somewhere plus he would know that he's a machine but he will have no idea about the lab or who in the lab built him. :)

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I guess he'll be living in a house in Cantralot somewhere plus he would know that he's a machine but he will have no idea about the lab or who in the lab built him. :)

alright, I'll save a spot for you

If I wanted to be in this I would have to make an original character who actually can put up a good fight.

None of my current OCs have any special powers/weapons that can do any harm to say, an Alicorn.

1 minute ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

If I wanted to be in this I would have to make an original character who actually can put up a good fight.

None of my current OCs have any special powers/weapons that can do any harm to say, an Alicorn.

No alicorns are going to be in this RP so you don't need to worry about that. If you want, We could converse over a private message about designing a non-cliche fighting character you can use.

1 minute ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

@Literally Snails

i do have a link in my signature if you want to check that out,

That character in your signature doesn't have much of a chance in a fair fight. If you want to use him, you can either rework him to make him a fighter, or you could play a little less fair.

We could arrange a way for you to cheat in your fights if you want. We could have one of the tournament committee officials on your side. It probably wont be enough to win the tournament, but it's really fun to play a dishonest jerk.

4 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

@Literally Snails

i do have a link in my signature if you want to check that out,

or, as I said, we could make an entirely new character.