Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E22 - Once Upon A Zeppelin

Ashen Pathfinder

What did you think of the episode?  

114 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was a disaster of Hindenburg proportions! (HATE)
    • Twilight did not entertain me; I want a refund! (Dislike)
    • This trip was...a trip. (Meh)
    • Didn't care for that stuffy princess, but the service was great! (Like)
    • BEST AIR TRIP EVER!!! (LOVE)

TitleOnce Upon A Zeppelin
Air Date: October 7, 2017
Written by
Brittany Jo Flores
Synopsis: Twilight is torn when she discovers the cruise she and her family are on is actually a themed vacation experience in which ponies have paid for the privilege of spending time with her. Will she be able to please both her family and the cruise attendees?

Promo Discussion

Of course remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

• Brohoof 5

• This topic was pinned and featured

I completely forgot that there was an episode too! I've been so focused on the film ... I've forgotten the show. :wau:

Also my post count is binary. 

• Brohoof 6

Ya know... as odd as it sounds, I'm really not surprised that Spike's had deep-fried gems.  I mean, you can pretty much fry literally anything! ^_^

Also, Twilight will never be able to escape her list and schedule-making addiction... it will forever control every single aspect of her life. :orly:

Well, there goes the question of Spike being treated like family. The idea of her going on vacation was his idea (or push, if you will) in the end. :P 

OMG, That voice...is it...is it... :D

• Brohoof 3

Excellent use of Spike here. A simple explanation of why he didn't go on the trip is all I need and wish they had done that the other few times this season his disappearance was noticable.

Also, he's an awesome friend as well as family member. :D

• Brohoof 6

Yesssssssssss, IRON WILL HAS RETURNED!!!  Though I can't help but be sad that the assertiveness-seminar market dried up.  RIP glorious Iron Will assertiveness seminars. :(

Also, Twilight's parents advice about taking free trips from contests you don't know about is... pretty much a set up for a slasher film, so let's pray they're never in one or they'll be two of the first victims to get axed. ^_^

• Brohoof 7

My heart just broke...dammit... :(

• Brohoof 6

Just now, VG_Addict said:

Is it confirmed that Twilight considers Spike part of her family?

Yes; Twilight mentioned that at the start of the episode.

• Brohoof 1

OK, THIS episode is actually making me dislike "Fame and Misfortune."  Between the now TWO episodes this season that had pretty meta-messages about the pony fandom, this is the better of the two by far, mostly in that it's more focused in its critiques.

Also, Star Tracker, huh?  You sure his name isn't Star Stalker instead?

Finally, is it just me or are Shining Armor and Twilight Velvet... kind of the funniest characters in this episode?  Twilight Velvet being a thrill-junkie is too good, and has also raised some... interesting questions.  Like... when she tells Night Light she wants a RELAXING night in, does she really mean... oh dear, I think I know exactly what she means! :love:

• Brohoof 5

3 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

OK, THIS episode is actually making me dislike "Fame and Misfortune."  Between the now TWO episodes this season that had pretty meta-messages about the pony fandom, this is the better of the two by far, mostly in that it's more focused in its critiques.

Also, Star Tracker, huh?  You sure his name isn't Star Stalker instead?

Finally, is it just me or are Shining Armor and Twilight Velvet... kind of the funniest characters in this episode?  Twilight Velvet being a thrill-junkie is too good, and has also raised some... interesting questions.  Like... when she tells Night Light she wants a RELAXING night in, does she really mean... oh dear, I think I know exactly what she means! :love:

Fame and Misfortune seemed more focus on critiquing how the fandom acts on the internet, well this episode seems more focused on critiquing the fandom at cons. Seriously, this is pretty accurate to how fans are like at cons.

• Brohoof 7

After seeing the movie last night and having such a good time with it, I almost forgot that there was an episode airing today.

But after watching Once Upon a Zeppelin I thought it was a cute episode

I find it funny how certain people were freaking out over Spike not joining the family cruise, yet the beginning of the episode managed to give a reasonable explanation for that.

Seeing Twilight's parents get more characterization was pretty nice.  I especially liked Twilight Velvet having a bit of a daredevil streak.^_^

I wasn't expecting to see Iron Will again, so that was a nice surprise.

The Sparkle family ended up being pretty adorable here as well.

• Brohoof 1

OK, that episode kicked "Fame and Misfortune's" ass in the writing and lesson department.  I'm just saying, it's true, and I was more forgiving of that episode than others were. >_>

• Brohoof 5

1 minute ago, Batbrony said:

OK, that episode kicked "Fame and Misfortune's" ass in the writing and lesson department.  I'm just saying, it's true, and I was more forgiving of that episode than others were. >_>

Uhm, while I definitely agree with this episode being way better... you don't mind the fact I still enjoy F&M regardless right?

1 minute ago, ChikoritaCheezits said:

Fame and Misfortune seemed more focus on critiquing how the fandom acts on the internet, well this episode seems more focused on critiquing the fandom at cons. Seriously, this is pretty accurate to how fans are like at cons.

Ehhhhhh, "Fame and Misfortune" was critiquing every aspect of the fandom it could, and a ton of it was specifically con behavior, not just online behavior.  It didn't even have much of a resolution, which was partly intentional, but also made it kind of unsatisfying.  Like I said, I didn't loathe that episode like others did, but it was hardly one of the better ones of the season and felt a little too... raw in its delivery.

Just now, Sly said:

Uhm, while I definitely agree with this episode being way better... you don't mind the fact I still enjoy F&M regardless right?

No, why would I?  I said in my review of that episode that it's an episode where there is no wrong way to feel about it, whether someone likes it, disliked it, loved it, or hated it.  It's so divisive for very good reasons that I'm not about to tell anyone they can't feel a particular way about it.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Batbrony said:

Ehhhhhh, "Fame and Misfortune" was critiquing every aspect of the fandom it could, and a ton of it was specifically con behavior, not just online behavior.  It didn't even have much of a resolution, which was partly intentional, but also made it kind of unsatisfying.  Like I said, I didn't loathe that episode like others did, but it was hardly one of the better ones of the season and felt a little too... raw in its delivery.

Meh.  Fame and Misfortune was pretty damn good.  I find it to be one of the best this season.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, 3/3 on parent episodes. Mark me down for adoring this episode. 

How the handled Spike, the parent's personalities, the cheek peck, Star Tracker, the talk between Cadance and Twilight, the fact that the 'fandom' understood, the cheek peck, Flurry going in for a grandma hug, the cheek peck, the apology, super enthusiastic mom, low key dad, and that cheek peck. And yay Iron Will returns. 

5/5

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Why would he? Seriously ... take a breath. He wasn't condemning you for your tastes.

• Brohoof 8