Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E22 - Once Upon A Zeppelin

Ashen Pathfinder

What did you think of the episode?  

114 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was a disaster of Hindenburg proportions! (HATE)
    • Twilight did not entertain me; I want a refund! (Dislike)
    • This trip was...a trip. (Meh)
    • Didn't care for that stuffy princess, but the service was great! (Like)
    • BEST AIR TRIP EVER!!! (LOVE)

Yo this was an epic episode. I'm telling you, Season 7 isn't letting up. There are soo many lessons in here, like always read the fine print, and don't be afraid to speak up. Not speaking up can lead to stuffing anger in and soon, that anger's gonna be unleashed on somepony who didn't deserve it. Also, it teaches the importance of family and unity, so all in all 100/10! :D

• Brohoof 5

Damn, I felt so friggin bad for Twilight in this one, but she got a great resolution at the end. I wish I could have times like that with family and friends, but it doesn't really happen anymore.

My dumb personal life aside, this episode was a treat. It was pleasant. There were plenty of great visual gags like Flurry stacking babies and Star Tracker's little quirks. He was super cute too by the way. Iron Will was a huge surprise return and he exited as I expected him to and it was hilarious. Twilight also learned a great lesson that I hoped they would cover. She might be a princess, but she doesn't have to constantly stress herself out over it to the point where she is just unhappy.

I can say that this is one of my favorite Twilight episodes. It had her family, a great lesson, and a bunch of humor sprinkled throughout. This is one of my favorites in the season.

• Brohoof 6

18 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

Yeah, his early behavior bugs me, but he mostly makes up for it at the end and I can't really blame him for being so excited to hang out with Twilight like that. While I spent a decent portion of the episode wanting to toss him overboard, he backed off when Twilight asked and even stood up for her to Iron Will, so I think he's alright. A little sad to see so many already latching onto his early behavior and ignoring what he did at the end.

I agree. He creeped me out at first but all in all, he was just a teen that wanted to spend time with somepony he admired. I was annoyed at him and I felt bad for Twilight but I can't really blame him for taking advantage of the opportunity he had. Twilight didn't object and he did win the raffle, so while he did go overboard and needed to give Twilight personal space, he learned his lesson in the end and I can understand why he did what he did, and I really like the fact the show didn't just demonize him and, instead, in the end, let him learn his lesson and showed he really wasn't such a bad guy.

Edited by Kreamer
Just fixing grammar and spelling errors.
  • Brohoof 4

Star Tracker's immediate zooming of Twilight when answering her questions sounds rather creepy. But, I'm not sure if him looking creepy is the episode's intention. Star Tracker is so nervous around Twilight that he sounds like he wants to show appreciation for her, but can't do it the right way. It's like he makes mistakes and doesn't know it.

• Brohoof 6

23 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Anyone with common sense.

Iron Will has a point about the cruise and theme.

Agreed. While I disliked Iron Will for how he treated Twilight, all the information was there but her parents didn't read it. Again, didn't like Iron Will, but in the end, Twilight's parents were to blame for the misunderstanding more than Iron Will. 

22 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Star Tracker's immediate zooming of Twilight when answering her questions sounds rather creepy. But, I'm not sure if him looking creepy is the episode's intention. Star Tracker is so nervous around Twilight that he sounds like he wants to show appreciation for her, but can't do it the right way. It's like he makes mistakes and doesn't know it.

I think it was at least supposed to be a little discomforting, especially since Twilight showed discomfort about that and the fact he kept being uncomfortably close to her. So, yeah, I think they meant to portray him as more awkward than creepy, but while it wasn't his intention, it did seem to come off as at least a bit creepy to Twilight who seemed to find the lack of personal space uncomfortable. But, I do agree that he's not trying to be creepy and he's just being awkward around Twilight because he's nervous and isn't sure what to say, and his nervousness also probably blinded him from the fact he was making Twilight uncomfortable.

Edited by Kreamer
Fixing grammar errors

I think it's a good lesson and the inclusion of Iron Will and both of Twilight's parents make this episode stand out, but I'm not sure if I would call it my favourite of the season due to its uncomfortable nature, which I know is intentional, but still.  I will give it props though as the lesson once again seems to be aimed at the show's older audience.  

• Brohoof 1

Great episode!

I didn't like the Shining Armour airsick joke and that's it, everything else was handled really good.

Loved the Spike scene, at first I thought that he should have join the trip, but if he had gone he wouldn't have let Twilight take responsibilities on her supposedly relaxing vacations, so it was a requirement for the main issue of the episode.

Cadance has been my least favorite princess from her introduction, but damn! She is an amazing character, the way she handled situations with Flurry, Shining Armour and the talk with Twilight were beyond amazing, I'm really impressed by her portrayal in this episode.

Twilight's parents were amazing, the extreme mom and the nerdy chilled out dad were on spot the whole episode.

I liked they gave Twilight this lesson, she's too selfless which is a good thing as long you don't cross the line of being inconsiderate to yourself.

Star Tracker (or whatever his name is) didn't do much for me, I found him to be a good example of an overly excited fan but that's it, just a 'convenient to the plot' character.

I loved they brought Iron Will back and that exit was the best I have seen of Iron Will, he's an amazing character and reminds me of a friend of mine who is hilarious. :D

I'll give the episode a 7/10 for the cringey moments, definitely going to watch this again soon.

Cheers!

• Brohoof 3

@Kreamer To add on your point, Star Tracker's also a teenager. Outside of FH, he's the youngest seen on the cruise. If I were guaranteed to be a celebrity I idolozed, I'd probably blubber, too.

So far, this episode's message about fans is much better than Fame & Misfortune. Here, the ponies on the cruise are promised by Iron Will to meet and greet Twilight and her family, and Star Tracker's a really nice guy.

• Brohoof 3

22 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

@Kreamer To add on your point, Star Tracker's also a teenager. Outside of FH, he's the youngest seen on the cruise. If I were guaranteed to be a celebrity I idolozed, I'd probably blubber, too.

So far, this episode's message about fans is much better than Fame & Misfortune. Here, the ponies on the cruise are promised by Iron Will to meet and greet Twilight and her family, and Star Tracker's a really nice guy.

Yeah, I can relate to his situation as well. like you and Star Tracker, I'd definitely blubber too and I'd probably mess up when talking to them in one way or another, especially when I'm not just talking to them for a little while and I get to spend the whole day with them. I mean, talking to someone you adore at a signing or something is one thing, getting to spend the whole day with them is another and the pressure to impress is way higher.

I also really liked this episodes portrayal of fans way better than Fame and Misfortune's as well. While Fame and Misfortune only showed the bad parts of a fandom, this episode showed that some fans really don't mean to be rude or mean, they simply just don't understand how the person they're idolizing is feeling. I really liked the fact that once Twilight shared her feelings, most of the fans there understood and would happily give her the time and space she needed. 

At first, it seemed like the episode would completely villainize them like in Fame and Misfortune, but here we see they were like this because this is what they were promised and they were simply excited and happy to meet someone they admired, but after realizing this isn't what Twilight wanted to do, they backed down because they didn't want to hurt their idol. It's good to show that will some fans may seem inconsiderate, they're just overexcited and if they were told they were doing the person harm, they would immediately back down. It's nice to see the staff realizes the difference between inconsiderate fans and ones who are inconsiderate because they are overly excited, but don't mean any harm.

Edited by Kreamer

Wasn't expecting Iron Will to show up. I thought after Siege of the Crystal Empire, they wouldn't use his character. Then again, they used the Flim Flam Brothers' characters last season, and they weren't in jail. But let's be honest, here. Princess Luna was forgiven for trying to doom Equestria to eternal night. Clearly, the ponies are more forgiving than we are.

Edited by heavens-champion

What an amazing episode!
It featured so many things I didn’t know I wanted to see: a zeppelin, all Twilight’s family at one place, Twi’s vacation and Iron Will’s return. At first when I saw the schedule Twilight prepared, I thought “Please, don’t let it be an episode about how schedules don’t always work out”. Luckily, it wasn’t – it was so much better!

Even though they changed the VAs of Twilight’s parents, I still enjoyed every moment of them. Velvet was so much fun to watch, now she’ll surely get some points in the Best Mom ranking. So, now I’m waiting for an episode focused on Rarity’s parents. It’s been a while since they did anything memorable.

Also, I don’t know why everypony ganged up against Iron Will in the end – he did a pretty good job making his customers satisfied. It even seemed he really cared for a while. Finally, the scene where Cadance gave Twi some advice about princesses’ time management. It just felt so right that they shared this scene. And the ending was just beyond adorable.

So, it’s definitely one of my favorite episodes of this season. And kinda relatable too. I have to stop spending my weekends working just to make everyone satisfied...

Spoiler

I don’t know who is creepier: Star Tracker or that masked pony. Ugh…

large.png

• Brohoof 4

11 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Wasn't expecting Iron Will to show up. I thought after Siege of the Crystal Empire, they wouldn't use his character. Then again, they used the Flim Flam Brothers' characters last season, and they weren't in jail. But let's be honest, here. Princess Luna was forgiven for trying to doom Equestria to eternal night. Clearly, the ponies are more forgiving than we are.

The comic books don't count. Not everyone has read Siege of the Crystal Empire. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, MovieLord101 said:

So they finally made Twilight cry huh? After 7 seasons it happened.....

Gents, fetch me some onions. We've got Applejack tears to collect.:orly:

So we're just gonna ignore Winter Wrap Up and Princess Twilight Sparkle?

Oh. Okay then.

2 minutes ago, MovieLord101 said:

So they finally made Twilight cry huh? After 7 seasons it happened.....

Gents, fetch me some onions. We've got Applejack tears to collect.:orly:

Actually, we saw Applejack cry in Hearthbreakers.

Just now, heavens-champion said:

It still counts.

O RLY?

Just now, Kreamer said:

Actually, we saw Applejack cry in Hearthbreakers.

I meant crying hard like Rarity or Dashie. That's what I mean. That's what happened to Twily here.

4 minutes ago, MovieLord101 said:

O RLY?

I meant crying hard like Rarity or Dashie. That's what I mean. That's what happened to Twily here.

In what context? If you mean Rarity and Dashie bawling dramatically, I don't think Twilight's got that far. If you mean like Rainbow Dash in Newbie Dash, then Twilight's was definitely like that and I feel like Apple Jack got pretty close.

Edited by Kreamer
Adding stuff

1 minute ago, Kreamer said:

In what context? If you mean Rarity and Dashie bawling dramatically, I don't think Twilight's got that far. If you mean like Rainbow Dash in Newbie Dash, then yeah.

It's close enough.

Definitely didn't expect to see Iron Will again--his first appearance on the show in five years--and he's still the same as he was before, full of himself, arrogant, and flexing his muscles. It also seems our suspicions were correct in that both Night Light and Twilight Velvet--glad they were named as such in the credits as opposed to Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle back during the season six premiere--had new voice actors this time around. Star Tracker came off as being creepy especially how he was always behind Twilight all of a sudden but I appreciate the fact that he was just happy knowing he won the grand prize of being an honorary family member of Twilight's.

On the subject of Twilight's parents, they were given some good character development that establishes them in terms of what they like to do with their lives, and I must say that Twilight Velvet may be responsible as to why Twilight has such an adventurous streak in her. Poor Shining Armour, being sick throughout the entire episode but kudos to him for putting on such a ridiculous show just to save face. Flurry Heart's magic is getting stronger once again and Cadance comes through with her words of wisdom. Great to see how far she--Cadance--has come along since her first appearance way back at the end of season two. As for Twilight herself... She learned a valuable lesson and when she freaked out, I could feel her pain because I know what it's like to miss out on something you've been looking forward to see for a long time.

I enjoyed this episode very much, but if I were to have one negative, it would be some of Iron Will's dialogue being cringe-worthy.

• Brohoof 4

21 hours ago, MovieLord101 said:

Damnit, now I owe Discord $10.

Hehe :P Why did he ask for money anyway? I mean, in his latest episode he kind of just popped money into existence. Or, is he teleporting it from somewhere else? Anyways, that's a discussion for later.

21 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Definitely didn't expect to see Iron Will again--his first appearance on the show in five years--and he's still the same as he was before, full of himself, arrogant, and flexing his muscles. It also seems our suspicions were correct in that both Night Light and Twilight Velvet--glad they were named as such in the credits as opposed to Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle back during the season six premiere--had new voice actors this time around. Star Tracker came off as being creepy especially how he was always behind Twilight all of a sudden but I appreciate the fact that he was just happy knowing he won the grand prize of being an honorary family member of Twilight's.

On the subject of Twilight's parents, they were given some good character development that establishes them in terms of what they like to do with their lives, and I must say that Twilight Velvet may be responsible as to why Twilight has such an adventurous streak in her. Poor Shining Armour, being sick throughout the entire episode but kudos to him for putting on such a ridiculous show just to save face. Flurry Heart's magic is getting stronger once again and Cadance comes through with her words of wisdom. Great to see how far she--Cadance--has come along since her first appearance way back at the end of season two. As for Twilight herself... She learned a valuable lesson and when she freaked out, I could feel her pain because I know what it's like to miss out on something you've been looking forward to see for a long time.

I enjoyed this episode very much, but if I were to have one negative, it would be some of Iron Will's dialogue being cringe-worthy.

I agree with most of what you said except for what you said about Iron Will. He's still not the nicest person but he did put all the details about the cruise in the papers and even offered to put an end to it if Twilight didn't want to participate. If anything, Twilight's parents were the arrogant ones for immediately signing off on the papers without reading them. This whole conflict wouldn't have happened if they had read the fine print. So, I still don't like Iron Will but I don't think he's as bad as he was in the last episode. Here he was giving a quality product and trying to make everypony happy, Twilight's parents just simply didn't read the full details about the trip. So, in the end, I feel like Twilight wanting to please everypony and her parents not reading the full agreement are the ones to blame, not Iron Will.

Edited by Kreamer
  • Brohoof 1