Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will season 8 be the last?

Mlppotterwhoovian

20 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Imagine if we got as far to be celebrating the show's 10th anniversary WHILE the show was still going on!

That's why I kinda hope the series gets to and ends after Season 10. As October 10, 2020 is not only the tenth anniversary but is also a Saturday. To have the series finale air as the tenth anniversary special would be fantastic closure.

• Brohoof 5

4 hours ago, KH7672 said:

That's why I kinda hope the series gets to and ends after Season 10. As October 10, 2020 is not only the tenth anniversary but is also a Saturday. To have the series finale air as the tenth anniversary special would be fantastic closure.

That is the best idea I've ever heard! :D 

Too early to say; part of me want it to end due to the show getting close to beating up a dead horse pony. While the other part of me, wanting MLP to never end. So we'll see.

Despite the movie disappointing at the box office, it's still brought the franchise the most publicity it's ever had during its run if Google Trends is an indication. We'l have to wait and see if it manifests as a boosted interest in the series, but I think as long as creative interest remains in continuing the show they don't have much of a reason to end it seeing as it's still one of Hasbro's flagship enterprises. And if for whatever reason Discovery Family decides to stop carrying it I'm sure Netflix will be more than willing to pick up the slack.

Edited by n1029

The PBS series Arthur is now in its 20th season and has never had the huge periphery following MLP or SpongeBob has. More than likely I think it's going to come down to whenever the producers say they've had enough.

2 hours ago, n1029 said:

The PBS series Arthur is now in its 20th season and has never had the huge periphery following MLP or SpongeBob has. More than likely I think it's going to come down to whenever the producers say they've had enough.

Keep in your mind thought: the seasons of that series have WAAAAAY less eps compared to MLP (about 10 eps per season, and the most recent ones had even less).

Ultimately we the fans don't have much of a say when it comes to the show itself, it's really going to come down to the big wigs at Hasbro and what they ultimately end up doing with the show. They could decide to end the show after season eight, but on the flip side they may decide to continue the show for several more seasons. It's really just a big waiting game to see what the executives decisions will be.       

17 hours ago, Jade Fire said:

more starlight!

less starlight

In all honesty, I don't think they have any ideas to end it as of now, but around the time season 10 is coming, interest will likely be low, because sales and views have been dropping. I think at around that point, someone on the team will point out

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, KH7672 said:

and they'll end it that way. I kinda hope so, too, in some form.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, titanhades70 said:

Definitely more Starlight. She's one of the best characters on the show. Consistently has good to great episodes.

And after Season 8, because of what we're getting for that season, less Twilight, Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack but not yet less Pinkie or Fluttershy, along with that more Starlight.

8 hours ago, titanhades70 said:

Definitely more Starlight. She's one of the best characters on the show. Consistently has good to great episodes.

Not just more Starlight, but Starlight interacting more with the other members of the mane 6. :twi:

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

Not just more Starlight, but Starlight interacting more with the other members of the mane 6. :twi:

Well, I can tell you there's an episode that'll grant your wish ;) 

On 10/11/2017 at 1:36 PM, KH7672 said:

Well, I kinda see it a a bit unlikely since they are apparently in a full rush in developing G5. Hope plans change a bit with a bit more of content for FiM...... and if they finally give more bats the better :dash: 

As far as I know season 8 will end up like every other season but it won't be the last one, I was hyping myself for the 7th season and I didn't like it, so I won't be very excited about the upcoming season either, and I think that season 9 will be the last one ending with the main villain, king sombra.

Just now, Cyralicious said:

As far as I know season 8 will end up like every other season but it won't be the last one, I was hyping myself for the 7th season and I didn't like it, so I won't be very excited about the upcoming season either, and I think that season 9 will be the last one ending with the main villain, king sombra.

It is confirmed that Season 9 will be the final season.