Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Did anyone else get emotional at the very beginning

Jade The Pegasister

7 minutes ago, Mint Chaser said:

I think the part that got me the worst was when Twilight yelled at Pinkie and Pinkie teared up..that hurt..and yes,that intro as well

That was the scene that almost made me cry.  Just the expression on Twilight's face after she insulted Pinkie gets me everytime.  And the scene after where Twilight is crying by herself.  Probably Tara Strong's most emotional performance in the series.

Edited by caseyastevens
  • Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, caseyastevens said:

That was the scene that almost made me cry.  Just the expression on Twilight's face after she insulted Pinkie gets me everytime.  And the scene after where Twilight is crying by herself.  Probably Tara Strong's most emotional performance in the series.

I agree,I was shocked and a little angry at Twilight,then felt bad when I saw her crying..

• Brohoof 2

Not at the beginning. At the start I was feeling butterflies in my stomach and a 'nervouscited' feeling. I was almost feeling stress because of how monumentous it was. XD I did get emotional later on in the film though, including at the end. Something swept over me where I was crying in joy and thinking of my time in the fandom over the past 5 years. It was a, well, magical moment.

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Not at the beginning. Almost at the end in scene when Tempest sacrifices herself to save Twilight. It was touching moment of the movie.

Have been thinking - we do seem to have a bunch of Friendship moments, a cameo appearance of a ponified singing star,  a powerful but shallow and flawed bad guy beaten by Team Friendship, Elemental scenes for each of the mane 6, and with Tempest, we even have a pony redemption. Have the writers consciously tried to write in a couple of seasons worth of "classic" pony events into one movie? I mean, all we are missing is the Elemental Rainbow Bitchslap of Friendship and we would have the full set....

• Brohoof 2

Have the writers consciously tried to write in a couple of seasons worth of "classic" pony events into one movie?

I am quite sure about that Cypherhoof. The movie is dedicated also for peoples who even don't know MLP. So writers tried to show the best ideas of MLP FiM in this  movie.

1 hour ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

Haven't seen the movie jet, but i found this video and must admit it. It sounds pretty good. Why did hasbro not include this in the soundtrack? :okiedokieloki:

Looks even better with the proper MLP logo....

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

Haven't seen the movie jet, but i found this video and must admit it. It sounds pretty good. Why did hasbro not include this in the soundtrack? :okiedokieloki:

1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

Idk I just thought the music was very memorable and stays with you forever like I can imagine this into playing in 20 years and remembering how beautiful this was the first time and just smiling about it and getting tears in my eyes 

I definitely felt some tears welling up when the opening started -- I got a rush of pride in the series for making it this far, and I was just overall happy to be part of the fandom for so long (5 years for me, too!). :rarity:

• Brohoof 4

On 10/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, Crystal Peppermint said:

I have to confess, 100%, when the ponies start talking about what's going on, I couldn't help but think...

Honestly; I could feel my eyes starting to tear up as the movie began. Really, the show has been going on for seven years now, has spawned a spin-off, a lot of comics & small novels, and now a theatrical feature.

Just sitting in that theater and experiencing Canterlot on the big screen...it was really something special for me.

• Brohoof 2