Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your experiance watching the MLP Movie in theaters?

Tazool

Did anybody here have any unique, weird, and/or interesting things happen at the MLP Movie you usually don't see at any other movie?

For me, it was mostly parents and their kids, and there was a lot of unnecessary noise coming from a good portion of them; But I didn't let it ruin the movie experience.

So nothing really too special at my viewing.

• Brohoof 3

Nothing out of the ordinary for me. I was the first one to arrive, and after some minutes a couple of parents with their kids came too. A girl who looked a bit like my age stared a me for a bit, but I guess she was impressed I had the courage to see the movie on my own, 'cause I could tell her reaction was not of disgust XD All the people in the audience were not talking in the audience, which helped me hear some of the jokes that were whispered.

We went to a special viewing where they had movie posters, a Twilight Sparkle toy, activity book, and a table set up for coloring.  There were lots of kids, as expected, but me and my wife were the only ones sporting pony shirts.  It was a packed theater and we managed to get the last 4 seats in the top row.

My cinema was full of little kids and their parents.  They were a bit noisy,  but I just shut them out.  There were actually no Bronies,  since the showing I saw was in the middle of the day,  when most people are working. 

I went with a group of about 25-30 on Saturday evening that was organized through a Facebook event, so we pretty much had about 2/3 of the theater. As for others, there was also a dad with his daughter, and a lady with three girls probably like 9-12 years old. I didn't see if anyone else was in the back rows higher up. This was my first time meeting any bronies in public. All in all it went good, no one was obnoxious or anything. Most of us went to Buffalo Wild Wings after and that too was fine.

One girl in the group said that one mom had a hilarious shocked and confused WTF?!? look on her face when she first came in the theater!:lol:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3

I went to a theater in a small town. So the theater was not even half full. It was me in a group of 4, and some kids with their families. We sat in the way back to get out of the way of the kids.

There was however, a movie theater worker who was into mlp and the theater was doing stuff for the movie for the kids. They had a pony activity sheet and a cirtifricate to basically create a pony OC by saying your pony name, where from Equestria you're from, etc.

• Brohoof 4

There was only like, 5 other small groups of people besides mine, 4 of them being families, and 1 group of adults

Honestly my friend was considering bailing if more kids showed up if it weren't for that other group of adults

• Brohoof 1

I went to the 6:50 pm showing on Friday. I had a perfect view as I sat in the very back with nothing to block my vision. If any other Bronies were there they were quiet. There were a lot of kids with parents & I have to admit I was shocked as the little kids were well behaved & quiet during the movie!! So that proves that the movie was awesome as it held their attention the whole time!! Can't wait to see it again!

Edited by Darthy Hooves

There weren't many people there. Just a few clusters of parents and kids, and a decent representation of the Brony community. The majority of the crowd was quiet and there were no major distractions. I went with my six year old niece. She was very calm and collected throughout the movie, in contrast to me. I was more the child than she was and she told me I needed to settle down and act my age. I'm going to see it again because once is nowhere near enough! Such a great movie!! :love:

• Brohoof 2

I saw it on the exact night of the 7th birthday of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Lucky for me, there were roughly more than 50 people in the cinema! I even have a picture of my ticket to show proof:

IMG_0779.jpg

Eh.... I caught the very first AMC showing on the movie's opening day. At 10:30 AM. Not many people came in. Just a couple small families, and only two adult bronies. Some jackass neglected to turn their cell phone off, but there weren't any other disturbances beyond that.

The movie itself didn't meet my expectations. I do think I got my $7 worth, but while I can't say I disliked it, I didn't think I'd be more entertained by the Hanazuki short that came right before it.

I went to see it on the 5th on the showing at 7pm (est) and the 10:45pm showing on the 6th with some friends at a different theater. I know this movie got a much more widespread release as opposed to the EQG movies which were pushed to select theaters, but I was very surprised to see how I ended up being the only person / friend group in the theater the first couple of days it was in theaters. I was especially confused how deserted it was because I heard the movie did really well on it's opening weekend too. I know the times I went weren't exactly the busiest but still.

Edited by Flutt3rTree

@Flutt3rTree

As this topic was already covered by another thread I went ahead and merged yours with this one; while hiding the one that was in the wrong forum. Next time; just ask a moderator to move it if needed. ;)

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

@Flutt3rTree

As this topic was already covered by another thread I went ahead and merged yours with this one; while hiding the one that was in the wrong forum. Next time; just ask a moderator to move it if needed. ;)

Thanks. :)

I realized that after posting actually and wasn't sure how to delete or hide it or anything. Thanks

• Brohoof 1

The first time I saw it I got a very strange trailer for a film called "Condorito: The Movie."  It was foreign language and entirely subtitled!  It was definitely one of the most random trailers I can remember ever getting in a theater.

Both times seeing it- there was a fair amount of people.  Some parents, some kids, and some older fans were all represented.  During my second viewing, one kid started very enthusiastically dancing in their seat to "One Small Thing" which was pretty adorable.  I could hear some chatter after the movie ended, like when Discord showed up in the credits there was a distinct "Where were you???"  :lol:  They seemed to like it though!  I would have went and talked to them but I was too self-conscious haha :please:

2nd Time watching the movie.

Watched it with Three friends. (All male's in our late 20's early 30's)
Got a 9:40pm showing. Where the only people in the theater.

-

Coming out of the Theater after the movie ended the Theater besides us was letting out. (Happy Death Day)

Girl and guy come out maybe early 20's. (Its a college town)

And the girl see's us coming out and with both hands motions to us looks at (I assume her boyfriend) and at at pretty noticeable volume was like.

"SEE THEY WENT TO THE PONY MOVIE!"

We all four lost our stuff and where just cracking up for about 10 minutes.

I watched it this past Monday and the theatre experience was awful!  As it was Thanksgiving and a stat holiday, during the day was the only time my friends could come see it with me.  Because we went during the day, we were the only adults there not accompanied by children, most of whom were of the female variety.  They weren't the real problem though.  The theatre had technical difficulties so it took at least a good 15 minutes after the posted time to get the movie started and they ended up skipping the trailers.  One little girl was pretty funny as she said she wanted her money back (even though it's unlikely she actually paid for her ticket).  

Worst of all though, when the movie ended we were kicked out before we could see if there was anything after the credits as there was a big lineup for the next movie.  At least I enjoyed the movie when we finally got to see it and I got a free movie ticket out of it.  I also looked up the credits online afterwards and apparently it was only an image of Celestia that I missed.  I hope that's the truth.  I guess I'll find out when the Blu-Ray comes out.  In the meantime I'll just enjoy the novelization and what I now know is a comic adaptation.