Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your experiance watching the MLP Movie in theaters?

Tazool

Finally got to see the movie last night. I tried to go the previous week, but for some reason the closest theater in my area didn't have any evening/night showings for the weekend (I prefer nighttime showings). Unfortunately, the last showing was on Thursday, but a different town had a decent theater that was still playing the movie even later in the day so I made the trek there. 

There was a family and a much older guy there, I didn't see anybody around my age but it's kind of a small theater. Overall the experience was alright but the kids there made quite a bit of noise especially near the end and were wandering the aisles, with the parents not doing much about it. :okiedokieloki: I kind of expected it, but I tried not to let it bother me. That's mostly why I'd rather watch it in the peace of my room instead of seeing it at an open theater, but I did want to at least get the cinema experience. 

Saw it today with kids loudly dancing in the aisles but I thought that added to the fun.  Better than last time when some kids was screaming “Don’t hurt Pinkie” over and over again for minutes after the scene with the horn.

i avoided going in full brony pack form and tbh i think it was a good choice.

Our cinema was pretty much empty. Only 6 family groups were watching it with us (just me and my little sis). So there were a few small kids. Didnt really bother us being the only ones without kids to see it. We've done that several times with animated films. Only thing that wouldve annoyed a lot of people was during the quieter sad scenes, a few kids got bored and started running around the screen room and knocked over popcorn behind us. But meh. still werent bothered by it all. 

Here's an update that occurred on 10/08/17, meant to post this earlier but I kinda got lazy.

I went a second time with one of my friends who wasn't even that interested in the MLP franchise (he's more of a Warhammer 40K kind of guy). He didn't mind going since he was free that day and wanted to do something fun. The viewing was way better than the first time, since there were less children shouting and running about, but the best part was my friend actually liked the movie; said his favorite character was Tempest Shadow (mine's Skystar if you can't already tell).

Everything went alright, but I think the cherry on top was when one of the children that were making their way out of the theater during the credits stopped by our chairs, and stared at my t-shirt for up to 5 seconds or so, until her mother urged her to carry on out of the theater room. Definitely had to do with the Vinyl Scratch & Octavia artwork  that was on it. Just thought it was a funny little moment.

• 3 years later...

Compared to the first Equestria Girls movie which had a limited release and a full House of both Bronies and children with their parents, the My Little Pony movie surprisingly wasn't even a full house. But then again I actually saw it on a Thursday night early before anyone else so it wouldn't be that many people late at night for something that's honestly not meant to be as big or influential as Lord of the Rings

My biggest fan regret is not seeing it in the cinema when it came out. :( I remember seeing a trailer for it before Cars 3 so I think that's the closest I'll get unless I can persuade my local cinema to screen it for me. I became a brony a year-and-a-half after it was released so by then it was too late.

• Brohoof 2

It was awesome because I had my Build a Bear plush with me (forgot which one) and I wore an MLP shirt and socks. I was a bit sad that the theatre ran out of merch (on opening night, too!) but other than that it was a fun experience :) 

• 5 months later...

It was great. I think I brought a plushie with me(Forgot which one tho) and I wore an MLP shirt (Think it was a Rarity one?? Weird cause she's never been my fav but whatever)  I don't think I was the only brony in the theater either, I believe there were several that showed up that day. Of course there were lots of children too. Yeah I remember the theater being packed lol

My experience wasn't really out of the ordinary. I bought the ticket, sat at the back of the cinema and watched the movie. That said, it's still an experience that I don't think I'll ever forget.