Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theater audience?

Theknightofdraconia

Opening night - Full house, filled with families. A majority of the children were girls. I was probably the only Brony there.

Saturday afternoon (4:35 PM) - Half full. Still mostly families, but there were a lot more boys this time around.

I went to a Wednesday screening at a VIP theatre (an adults-only theatre with a bar/lounge and restaurant-style service). This particular screening was organized by Cineplex, BronyCAN, and Entertainment One for the local pony community and sold out. :o It kinda turned into a meetup, too, with lots of people showing up early and hanging out in the lounge afterward.

It was a ton of fun but also admittedly a very unusual screening.

• Brohoof 2

7:30pm on a Friday - it was a mostly full theatre, with the majority being families with young girls; many wearing pony attire and bringing their dolls along.

I saw it 7:00 Thursday night. That was the first showing so I was hoping there'd be some people on costume or something. 

There were a dozen people. Adults and older girls. Somebody had a blanket with a CMC symbol on it but that was it. Then at the last minute came the people with little girls. But they were good and quiet.

So about twenty people total(it was a small theater).

• Brohoof 1

Mine was Thursday night preview, with two or three families, and our meetup, of a group of four, a family of three, and.... me :D . Think I'll watch it again this week

Well some theaters may be packed, but the count of tickets on opening day was only 3 million, which isn't a lot compared to what movies usually get. My thought, and my friends thoughts too were that the movie isn't directed towards little girls, nor would it be tied strictly to bronies. And since lots of people don't seem to be into MLP as much anymore and moved onto "this is the thing now" shows, sadly the movie wasn't getting as much attention it deserved. I liked the movie, but the empty theaters definitely shows how much people have moved on to other things now. If you all get what I mean. Yeah, some of you may have experienced packed theaters, and I am sure there were packed theaters in some places, depending on where you are, but overall you finding empty theaters when you watched the movie was a more common thing than I would have hoped. But oh well I guess, just my thoughts on why there were 5 people in your movie theater. There wasn't exactly that many at the showing I just went to either.

I went to the Marquee Cinemas in Southridge near Charleston, WV for he 4:40pm showing of the movie. At most I would say there were 20 people, though probably closer to 15, and they were mostly little kids with their parents. I was the only adult who was there alone, and as a brony.

Not really awkward, but I think West Virginia has a serious lack of bronies. XD

• Brohoof 1

The theater I went to wasn't terribly crowded. There were a lot of families though. I didn't have the best experience though because a lady sitting in front of me kept turning her phone on and disturbing me with her bright light. There was very little in the way of audience reactions, with just a few laughs to be heard, and not too many bronies. It was a nice time though. 

• Brohoof 1

I watched the movie in a small theatre. There were surprisingly more teens than I expected. Many parents had come with their daughters. Some were younger kids around 6 and others were 13. Generally, what I expected to see. 

• Brohoof 1

Didn't even see this topic or I wouldn't have made mine lol

I saw it on the 5th at 7pm and the 6th at 10:45. I was the only person in the theater on the 5th and it was just me and my friends on the 6th. I thought it was kind of odd

Edited by Flutt3rTree
  • Brohoof 1

I went on opening night, and there was only about two dozen or so people, no bronies, no teens, no adults without kids.  I was totally bummed, because I wore a really kick ass EG Rainbow Dash cosplay, and I was really hoping for a bit of a party.  It was...kind of a flop, really.  I don't live in some small, backwoods town inside the arctic circle, either.  It's a normal, mid-sized city.  I guess you have to live in L.A. or N.Y. if you want a party.  (*mocking tone*) LA & NY, LA & NY!  Always with the LA & NY!  That's where everything happens.  Everywhere else is a dried up old watering hole, I guess.  Well, I don't want to live in a giant metropolis.  I just wish there had been ONE adult fan.  :(

I went at 10:00 AM on a tuesday. There wasn't anyone in the whole movie theater. I got the whole screening to myself. It was pretty awesome because I'm in the closet about my love for MLP and I was worried that someone would see me and my friend would find out. Having the theater to myself was very nice. I spread my stuff out and got comfy. I texted during the movie and had a wonderful time. I honestly want to do it again.:love:

• Brohoof 3

The theater was packed with parents and kids. Lots of people watch it, I watched on a Sunday at 12:10, that was packed , and I saw that the other times for the rest of the day was also sold out. But I doubt that they are all bronies tho, cuz i didnt see any people my age. 

First time I went on Friday about 7pm. Theater was packed.

Went with my Nieces 12/9 and my sisters 37 & 12 (YES THAT IS A HUGE GAP IN AGE, my dad is a man hoe)

My brother was with his three kids.

Most everyone was with kids. Was a good showing.

-

Second time I went it was 9:40pm on a Wednesday night, Me, Best friend, Other brother and his best friend. So four early 30's guys.

We where the only people in the theater, good show.

-

Coming out of the theater a couple was coming out of the theater besides us (Horror movie)

The girl (College age) Motioned to use and gave her male companion a really salty "THEY WENT TO SEE THE PONIES MOVIE!"

It took us about 10 minutes to stop cracking up.

First time we was a whole gang of bronies, cosplayers too.
we was over 20, only 1 kid i think.
actually the theatre had a whole event for us there and we got our own section of the theatre to wait for the movie to start since we was meeting up before it started.

Second time there was a wide variety, cosplayers, several kids, fans and generally interested people.

both showings was in the original english language, which at first was VERY unlikely, turned out to be quite the thing.

• Brohoof 1