Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler (Official) Rest of S7 leaked, beware of spoilers

Steve Piranha

15 minutes ago, Sly said:
  Hide contents

An amazing finale, that did justice to all the Mane 6 AND Starlight, that gave us six new characters for future eps ALL AT THE SAME TIME..... written by Haber... uh... uhm... I think I own someone apologies...

Also... I really hope somebody does a group shot fanart with the Mane 6, Spike, Starlight, Sunburst, the allies from the Movie AND the pillar of Equestria together. Man that would be the best, I'd put it as wallpaper for my desktop!

tbf, Nicole Dubuc also helped write it sooo

17 minutes ago, Truffles said:

True, that. I guess I just enjoyed learning dragons like to sleep on soft pillows just like every other species of this world and I really didn't learn anything new about them. The lava surfing was neat, but I'd expect dragons to be into that. At least Haber remembered dragons treat lava like it was water. :)

I remembered Pinkie was the one playing throughout most of the episode; it was that last shot that is causing the confusion. I agree with @The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. - I figured that was just Zecora trolling the Mane 6 after seeing TPoS was trapped all this time. But if you say the show runners have canonized it as Tirek, then I can accept that. Is there a link to a source or was it said at a con?

Don't know a link, but I DO know the shadow at the end was NOT the Pony of Shadows.

I got the feeling the school next season might be the Mane Six and Starlight teaching the legends and the Pony of Shadows about friendship while in return, the legends teach them their unique talents! :D That would be a good story arc for next season!

And hey, Spike could use a legend too, and none would fit the bill better than Scorpan! :D

2 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

I got the feeling the school next season might be the Mane Six and Starlight teaching the legends and the Pony of Shadows about friendship while in return, the legends teach them their unique talents! :D That would be a good story arc for next season!

And hey, Spike could use a legend too, and none would fit the bill better than Scorpan! :D

I doubt the legends will be students judging by the Hascon picture about some Mane6, the school, and some presumed students of different species

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I didn't really like Secrets and Pies, either. Now, THAT is an unsuitable episode for one of my favorite ponies!

I was disappointed as well. It's a lesson that's been done to death; it brings nothing new to the table.The rest of them were really good though, I especially liked Iron Will in Once Upon a Zeppelin, and the new characters in the finale.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I doubt the legends will be students judging by the Hascon picture about some Mane6, the school, and some presumed students of different species

I figured that. I just wanna see some Spike/Scorpan dynamic like from G1! XD Nostalgia!

2 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

tbf, Nicole Dubuc also helped write it sooo

Excellent point. It was a big big sign of trust for the staff to make her first writing gig on the show be a finale, but she’s absolutely delivered.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Sly said:
  Hide contents

Ladies and gentlemen, Equestria's Avengers

large.png

And I see characters in the pic who just happen to have voiced Black Widow, Wasp, Maria Hill, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Man at one point or another as well  :D

Okay; just watched the finale (and the Sunburst episode) with @Jeric; I think it's far to say that Shadow Play is best finale in MLP; period.

• Brohoof 6

34 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Okay; just watched the finale (and the Sunburst episode) with @Jeric; I think it's far to say that Shadow Play is best finale in MLP; period.

Pathfinder, the second you went to see Shadow Play, you were in for a real treat. :D

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

Pathfinder, the second you went to see Shadow Play, you were in for a real treat. :D

And the treat was real my friend! I need to watch it again just to process everything like the callbacks to various episodes (like Starswirl not know of true friendship and how it affected this episode) and other things like that. OMG, what an episode. <3

• Brohoof 3

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

And the treat was real my friend! I need to watch it again just to process everything like the callbacks to various episodes (like Starswirl not know of true friendship and how it affected this episode) and other things like that. OMG, what an episode. <3

I'm in the middle of writing a review for It Isn't the Mane Thing About You.

Afterwards, I think a review for Shadow Play will be a guarantee. :D

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I'm in the middle of writing a review for It Isn't the Mane Thing About You.

Afterwards, I think a review for Shadow Play will be a guarantee. :D

Trust me my friend; can not wait to read it! :D

Watched the finale, and I love Flash Magnus and Dash chillaxing and having cider together like they've been friends for years. It makes so much sense!

• Brohoof 2

Secrets and Pies - second episode this season I didn't like. Clunky episode that felt like a it was recycled from an abandoned season 1 pitch. Some of the humor from Pinkie was decent, but beyond that it was thoroughly forgettable with a really dumb final act. 

Uncommon Bond - Curious episode that highlights almost every personality trait of Starlight Glimmer -- virtues and flaws -- while touching on a generally worthwhile moral that seemingly stumped everyone. Starlight had no easy answers, Twilight didn't either. When Sunburst tried to find something in common with Starlight he was just as frustrated. Yet, two of the friends became friends because they don't have a hobby in common, but a shared perspective. Maud saying they are just comfortable together and Trixie saying their bond came from both feeling outcast almost stands in contrast to the futility of trying to reconnect over old hobbies.  Loved seeing Starlight's inner circle of friends  reacting and interacting with one another. Trixie and Maud were great as was Sunburst. Also seeing the Mirror Pool return was amusing. Pony modesty alesys makes me snicker.

Brb. I see a troll. Ok back. Multitasking is magic. 

Shadow Play - That is how you fucking do it! This juggled so many characters in 44 minutes and made it feel effortless and organic. How? That was wow! Just holy shit wow! It threaded together elements from Season 1 to now. It was a character study, a lore dump, and that rare episode that tied up so much that it makes you believe everything was planned from go. I take back every thing I've said about Haber ... this episode was brilliant and he was brilliant. 

The Pillars created the tree, the tree destined to find six heroes infused with the elements of friendship that in turn saved Equestria time and again through redemption and self discovery, that created the Castle and the map, that brought Starlight into the fold, allowing her to understand Friendship, that proved to be the key to redeeming Stygian ... holy shit. It even ties into Starlight making the wrong call with Pharynx! She learned first hand ... there are no lost causes. 

Also "He did not understand friendship like you do." What a way to payoff on that line. Good job Pony show. 

The entire Mane Six had a role! Spike had a role! The Pillars did stuff, Twilight and Starlight were in perfect form. Sunburst was a great addition to the team! Luna and Celestia at the end were funny! And Stygian may be the best antagonist in the series history. 

Also Sirens returned <3

Best Season yet. Great time watching this with @PathfinderCS as 90% of the live chat was basically emotes and fanboying!

• Brohoof 6

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Which one was the first one?

Hard to Say Anything

Also @MAIKUN ... sup? How do you like Glim Glam now? 

;)

17 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Excellent point. It was a big big sign of trust for the staff to make her first writing gig on the show be a finale, but she’s absolutely delivered.

She actually is crazy efficient with dialog too. 

20 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Shadow Play - That is how you fucking do it! This juggled so many characters in 44 minutes and made it feel effortless and organic. It threaded together elements from Season 1 to now. It was a character study, a lore dump, and that rare episode that tied up so much that it makes you believe everything was planned from go. I take back every thing I've said about Haber ... this episode was brilliant and he was brilliant. 

They created the tree, the tree destined to find six heroes infused with the elements of friendship that in turn saved Equestria time and again through redemption and self discovery, that created the Castle and the map, that brought Starlight into the fold, allowing her to understand Friendship, that proved to be the key to redeeming Stygian ... holy shit. It even ties into Starlight making the wrong call with Pharynx! She learned first hand ... there are no lost causes. 

Also "He did not understand friendship like you do."

What a way you payoff that line. Good job Pony show. 

Best Season yet. Great time watching this with @PathfinderCS as 90% of the live chat was basically emotes and fanboying!

Spoiler

I can't believe I'm actually saying this: I'm sorry for McCarthy, but I think Haber won this round. While I loved the Movie, my only problem I had with it is that Applejack and Fluttershy had VERY little roles compared to not only the other Mane 6 and Spike but even all the other characters of the Movie (althought, Fluttershy had one of the funniest moments in the Movie anyway XD) and considering that it was a 99 minutes I don't think it was really that hard giving them more spotlight you know... somehow Haber instead managed to handle perfectly well 15 FUCKING CHARACTERS in just 44 minutes of episode..... I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes....

• Brohoof 2

I don't want to give a review of Shadow Play yet but I want to ask here... I'am I the only one who saw a huge comparison to The Legend Of Zelda in that episode? Specifically Ocarina of Time?

I'll explain why I think this when I review the episode when it comes out in a little less than 3 weeks. Hopefully the people who have already seen it here know what I mean. If you haven't seen it and are waiting for the release, think of Zelda Ocarina of Time when you are watching it... You will be stunned at how similar it is. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

It even ties into Starlight making the wrong call with Pharynx! She learned first hand ... there are no lost causes. 

It's fitting! Considering Pharynx and the Pony of Shadows share the same VA, Bill Netwon. Beautiful foreshadowing, wouldn't you say?

So, in a way, even though Thorax and the Changelings were not directly involved, Starlight's experiences with them actually tied in as well.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Shadow Play actually feels like the anitheisis to every single problem people have had with 2-parters. 

People tend to have issues with 2 parters being too Twilight heavy and while she does have focused, it's way more downplayed. The rest of the cast contribute to the plot in some way.

Celestia and Luna weren't knocked out or trapped by the villain since there was no need for them to intervene.

Not much pacing issues I can see here.

There's no deus ex machina ending.

The reformation here works because he was never a bad guy in the first place, just that an outside force caused him to get like this mixed with his own problems.

• Brohoof 5

I will say one thing about Secrets and Pies: While I did really like it, I feel like more people would've liked it if it was shorter. Even when watching it I was thinking, "This feels like it should be a 7-11 minute short." Maybe something similar to thise EQG Summer shorts.

• Brohoof 4